Type keyword(s) to search

Tiffany & Ronald: Aces High, Expectations Low

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:
  • Maybe HIS marriage is legal in NZ, so he needs to file. Wonder from how long he says he's going file until he really does it.
  • Maybe HER NZ marriage isn't recognized in the US, so she needs to do nothing.

It's South Africa (I can't keep track either sometimes).     I suspect it's the usual bid for another season of TLC money, it's often about this time of year.   The couples try to come up with something interesting, so they get another season.      

Unless there's a lot more paperwork involved in the S.A. marriage (I read on here it takes about a year to get everything legal in S.A.) then I agree that the marriage isn't valid in S.A. or U.S.       I bet little Carly (their daughter) doesn't have anything about Ronald on her birth certificate or passport either.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Back Atcha said:
  • Maybe HIS marriage is legal in South Africa, so he needs to file. Wonder from how long he says he's going file until he really does it.
  • Maybe HER South African marriage isn't recognized in the US, so she needs to do nothing.
  • I just made (2) corrections!  "NZ to South Africa"!
  • Mea Culpa
  • Thanks, CrazyInAlabama.

A friend of mine got married in South Africa and then moved back to the States… I asked them If they’d filed for divorce and they informed me they couldn’t. The SA spouse had to file for divorce in SA. . . I’m from SA but didn’t get married in SA (cos it seemed confusing to me) but I wouldn’t  be surprised if SA laws supersede US laws when it comes to divorce… 

ETA it’s like how divorce isn’t legal in Singapore or Philippines 🇵🇭… if you get married in the Philippines but then you divorce in the States the divorce isn’t recognised in the Philippines… IDK intl law is confusing 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
Would to wouldn’t. Example added
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

ETA it’s like how divorce isn’t legal in Singapore or Philippines 🇵🇭… if you get married in the Philippines but then you divorce in the States the divorce isn’t recognised in the Philippines…

Almost like the Catholic Church.  I was Catholic and got married in the church in Arizona in 1964, divorced in 1983.  The church does not recognize that divorce, so it would never recognize another marriage.  The ex died a few years ago.  Fortunately, I never remarried and Social Security "recognized" my marriage and I obtained $300 more a month in 2016 for being "a widow."  NOTE:  Catholicism is the predominant religion and the largest Christian denomination, with estimates of approximately 79.53% of the population belonging to this faith in the Philippines.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 9/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, Back Atcha said:

Fortunately, I never remarried and Social Security "recognized" my marriage and I obtained $300 more a month in 2016 for being "a widow." 

Well at least you got something out of it! Go you!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, gingerella said:

Fortunately, I never remarried and Social Security "recognized" my marriage and I obtained $300 more a month in 2016 for being "a widow." 

Well at least you got something out of it! Go you!

I could have had MORE.  HE could have had more...but in his 30s (as a podiatrist) and in his 40s on (as a stockbroker), he figured lots of ways to "screw Social Security," not realizing he was screwing himself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I am at work so I don't have time to write out a thoughtful and lengthy response, but allow me to say I loathe her more than any other American woman on this show.  Foreign woman = Lida in Wisconsin with Eric.  Tiffany is the absolute WORST and yes, she creates all the problems then blames everything on Ronald, puts her son SQUARELY in the middle of EVERYTHING and is overall horrid. 

• Love 9
On 9/5/2021 at 5:28 PM, Back Atcha said:

I could have had MORE.  HE could have had more...but in his 30s (as a podiatrist) and in his 40s on (as a stockbroker), he figured lots of ways to "screw Social Security," not realizing he was screwing himself.

Yes, I know people who worked off the books for their entire career, which means no social security pension, and at 65 you get Medicare, but you pay big premiums for Part A & B, and I bet you have to get Part D too.     

So people like Tiffany who are self employed have to pay their own social security and Medicare for 10 years (40 quarters) or when retirement time comes, no pension, and hefty Medicare premiums.     Also, if something happens to the parent, and they don't qualify for social security, then the kids may not get payments from SS. 

A lot of people lose a lot of weight after weight loss surgery.  However, they have to follow the nutrition, supplements, and eating rules, or they can 'eat through' the surgery and regain some or all of what they lost.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, I know people who worked off the books for their entire career, which means no social security pension, and at 65 you get Medicare, but you pay big premiums for Part A & B, and I bet you have to get Part D too.     

So people like Tiffany who are self employed have to pay their own social security and Medicare for 10 years (40 quarters) or when retirement time comes, no pension, and hefty Medicare premiums.     Also, if something happens to the parent, and they don't qualify for social security, then the kids may not get payments from SS. 

A lot of people lose a lot of weight after weight loss surgery.  However, they have to follow the nutrition, supplements, and eating rules, or they can 'eat through' the surgery and regain some or all of what they lost.  

Tiff doesn’t seem to have the best impulse control so I can see her gaining it all back

• Love 7

When was the Tell All filmed? She seems to have lost a lot of weight in a short time, like even allowing for WLS.

I foresee a future on The Single Life with her being even more smug and self-satisfied than we’ve previously seen.

• Love 4

I think someone posted that the Tell Nothing was filmed in May, and her surgery was June.    With weight loss surgery, you can lose a lot the first few months, because for part of it, you're on liquid only, then gradually reintroduce regular food, but still need to follow the diet plan of protein first. 

The part of the article that irritates me is that since Tiffany isn't doing a full body photo, I bet she's coming back for another season. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think someone posted that the Tell Nothing was filmed in May, and her surgery was June.    With weight loss surgery, you can lose a lot the first few months, because for part of it, you're on liquid only, then gradually reintroduce regular food, but still need to follow the diet plan of protein first. 

Plus maybe she is stuffed into a few pairs of Spanx and I'm sure she is using filters on all her photos...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/7/2021 at 9:08 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am at work so I don't have time to write out a thoughtful and lengthy response, but allow me to say I loathe her more than any other American woman on this show.  Foreign woman = Lida in Wisconsin with Eric.  Tiffany is the absolute WORST and yes, she creates all the problems then blames everything on Ronald, puts her son SQUARELY in the middle of EVERYTHING and is overall horrid. 

Mrs. Hanson, you are my soul sister as of late. Again, I couldn't agree with you more! Ronald is far from perfect -- but Tiffany knew that and chose to marry him. She uses Daniel as a pawn and manipulates that child and puts him in adult situations. The first season when they went to SA and Tiff told Daniel that if he didn't like SA, they would leave. Daniel clearly said "I don't like it here, I want to go home." I can't remember exactly what she said, but Tiffany said stuff along the lines of "so you want to leave your 'dad' here and break up the family?" SHE IS THE WORST.

Tiffany squawks about being a single mom, yet she lives with her own mother who I fully believe takes care of her 2 grandchildren more than Tiffany herself. UGH. I could rant more but I have to finish up some work before 5....

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Mrs. Hanson, you are my soul sister as of late. Again, I couldn't agree with you more! Ronald is far from perfect -- but Tiffany knew that and chose to marry him. She uses Daniel as a pawn and manipulates that child and puts him in adult situations. The first season when they went to SA and Tiff told Daniel that if he didn't like SA, they would leave. Daniel clearly said "I don't like it here, I want to go home." I can't remember exactly what she said, but Tiffany said stuff along the lines of "so you want to leave your 'dad' here and break up the family?" SHE IS THE WORST.

Tiffany squawks about being a single mom, yet she lives with her own mother who I fully believe takes care of her 2 grandchildren more than Tiffany herself. UGH. I could rant more but I have to finish up some work before 5....

Yep....come sit with me and share a libation, lol.  You nailed that scene and it seriously gives me hives thinking about it:

"If you don't like it in SA we will leave."

"Okay."

"Mom, I want to leave.  I miss Maryland."

"WHAAAAT?  BUT THIS IS YOUR FAMILY!"

"I miss Gramma, and my friends, and my school."

"BUT THIS IS YOUR FAMILY NOW!"

Geezaloo I wanted Daniel to say, "No, Mom.....this is an unemployed felon who stole from him mom who clearly has more issues than gambling and you tried to reform him.  Then you got pregnant 6 hours after landing.  How is that working?  Mom, you don't trust him, you don't seem to even like him anymore and I want to be nine years old, not Carly's nanny.  And buy a new wardrobe, dumbass."

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 9/7/2021 at 2:47 PM, Frozendiva said:

She has lost weight. SoapDirt article about her revenge body. A term I hate.

I hate that term too.  I had WLS and what was I getting revenge on?  Carbs?  And for the record, I never posed with duck lips and took selfies.  Not sure that was a thing back in 2006.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

With weight loss surgery, you can lose a lot the first few months, because for part of it, you're on liquid only, then gradually reintroduce regular food, but still need to follow the diet plan of protein first. 

I still eat protein first.  How some of these fools gain it back is a mystery to me.  Like you REALLY have to work at it to gain weight back!

• Love 5

Mrs. Hanson speaks the truth as always! Tiffany is utter and complete garbage. The way she manipulated her poor son was one of the worst things I’ve seen on this franchise, and I have seen a metric shit ton of bad things. Not only did she guilt the poor child into staying in SA when he was desperately unhappy, she seemingly changed her own mind about staying in a lightning fast manner and then it was “okay, we’re leaving now”. Poor Daniel probably had whiplash. 

• Love 11

I would have some understanding for Tiffany if she had no clue Ronald was such a fuck up when she agreed to marry him. 

It would be a completely different thing if he withheld his addiction from her, they got married and he started gambling again. The man stole from his MOTHER. He was in the throes of a gambling addiction and wasn’t capable of parenting anyone. 

If Tiffany had two ounces of emotional maturity she would cut her losses with Ronald- tell him she made a mistake, get herself into therapy, get an IUD and make an arrangement with him to have Carly visit (pay for half the tickets or something) & do regular FaceTime calls etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 9/10/2021 at 8:49 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:
n 9/7/2021 at 3:47 PM, Frozendiva said:

She has lost weight. SoapDirt article about her revenge body. A term I hate.

I hate the term "revenge body" too. As if someone couldn't lose weight because they want to be healthier and feel better about themselves. Nope, apparently the only reason people lose weight is to get back at other people by looking thinner? It's an idiot mentality and I don't like it. 

• Love 6
On 9/13/2021 at 11:54 PM, Mrs. Landingham said:

Mrs. Hanson speaks the truth as always! Tiffany is utter and complete garbage. The way she manipulated her poor son was one of the worst things I’ve seen on this franchise, and I have seen a metric shit ton of bad things. Not only did she guilt the poor child into staying in SA when he was desperately unhappy, she seemingly changed her own mind about staying in a lightning fast manner and then it was “okay, we’re leaving now”. Poor Daniel probably had whiplash. 

Aw shucks.  Many people rag on Natalie or Julia, and other females,  many with very good reasons.  I often agreed.  I think because Tiffany presented so well, with hair and makeup being on point, dressing well and (usually) having a flattering outfit on she slid by.  But her total and complete bullsh*t over not EVER owning her own crap was SO DRAINING.  Then, on the tell all, her lovely MIL was so supportive and reaching out to her.  Tiff cries.  "Why are you crying, Tiffany?"  Did Cold Shoulders say wow I am filled with regret over my actions?  No.  Did she say I am just scrambling to get stuff resolved and I am now just realizing the gravity of this sh*tshow?  No.  Her response:  "I AM PISSED OFF."  About what, pray tell?  Everyone else is bowing down to you.  Your husband is nice enough to build an escape room for your son.  He was nice enough to give a quality plastic bag to your toddler.  You created this epic fail and YOU are pissed off?  The only good thing to come out of this was drooling over her hot dad.  Plus I am not a nag so to see grown ass women talk to their husbands like 8 year olds......ick.  "Ronald, are you prepared for the interview?  Ronald, did you spend any money today?  Ronald, did you wipe the beeny weeny off your face after lunch?  Naptime!  Go get your blanky!"

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 9
On 9/14/2021 at 7:12 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I would have some understanding for Tiffany if she had no clue Ronald was such a fuck up when she agreed to marry him. 

It would be a completely different thing if he withheld his addiction from her, they got married and he started gambling again. The man stole from his MOTHER. He was in the throes of a gambling addiction and wasn’t capable of parenting anyone. 

If Tiffany had two ounces of emotional maturity she would cut her losses with Ronald- tell him she made a mistake, get herself into therapy, get an IUD and make an arrangement with him to have Carly visit (pay for half the tickets or something) & do regular FaceTime calls etc. 

Not to mention that she literally picked him up from "rehab" when she went to marry him, so it's not even like his addiction issues were long in the past and he'd shown that he'd been managing it successfully for a long time.

Tiffany won't make any arrangements for Carley to know her father because she's far too self-serving to do what's best for her kids.

• Love 8
On 9/24/2021 at 3:15 PM, readheaded said:

Tiffany won't make any arrangements for Carley to know her father because she's far too self-serving to do what's best for her kids.

And then tell everyone who will listen that he is a deadbeat when she does nothing to facilitate a relationship between them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm guessing she'll eventually eat through this surgery too.    

And even more likely because she's always right about everything, so being taught how to eat properly post-surgery seems like a nonstarter for her.

You know the old line about how you can always tell a Harvard man but you can't tell him much? Like that. Except in Tiffany's case without the Harvard part.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Almost like the Catholic Church.  I was Catholic and got married in the church in Arizona in 1964, divorced in 1983.  The church does not recognize that divorce, so it would never recognize another marriage.  The ex died a few years ago.  Fortunately, I never remarried and Social Security "recognized" my marriage and I obtained $300 more a month in 2016 for being "a widow."  NOTE:  Catholicism is the predominant religion and the largest Christian denomination, with estimates of approximately 79.53% of the population belonging to this faith in the Philippines.

I married a Catholic in 64 also and since I wasn’t Catholic we couldn’t go to the alter but it was recognized as I recall . Did the ex remarry?  SS is so confusing to me. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I married a Catholic in 64 also and since I wasn’t Catholic we couldn’t go to the alter but it was recognized as I recall . Did the ex remarry?  SS is so confusing to me. 

Weird!  I was "the Catholic" marrying a non-Catholic in 1964 Phoenix.  We went to the altar, we just couldn't have a Mass.  My Catholic mother married my non-Catholic father in 1938 Phoenix.  They had to get married in the rectory--rather than the big/main/fancy Catholic church.  I never thought to ask her why.  That church also had a full basement where Masses were held...for the Mexicans and Mexican Americans who helped build Phoenix!

• Love 3

Tiffany has lost over 40 lbs. since her gastric sleeve surgery, and is going to have a tummy tuck, bat wing arm skin removal, and thigh lift.     She claims she's not getting a breast reduction like her buddy Angela, I guess we'll wait and see, because she mentions a lift. 

https://theovertimer.com/2021/10/90-day-fiance-spoilers-tiffany-franco-to-undergo-cosmetics-surgery-after-losing-43-pounds/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Tiffany has lost over 40 lbs. since her gastric sleeve surgery, and is going to have a tummy tuck, bat wing arm skin removal, and something else.    She claims she's not getting a breast reduction like her buddy Angela, I guess we'll wait and see. 

Shoulder reduction?

• LOL 18
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Cold Shoulder reduction!

Maybe Tiff can get two heaters implanted into her shoulders to warm them up so we will no longer be subjected to them. 

And to whomever it was, at one point, that must have told Tiff she had nice shoulders and should show them off -- don't ever complment anyone else again. Ever. Just don't. 

• LOL 6
8 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

It amazes me that Tiffany must be spending all of the TLC money on her surgeries instead of investing in Daniel and Carly's present and future.  Get a home, start college funds, etc.

Maybe she is betting on her being cast on The Single Life and getting more TLC money so she can spend whatever now.  Tiffany has shown us she makes really bad life decisions so I am not surprised that she is mishandling her TLC payday now.

• Love 5

She said on the "Love Games" Finale that she spent $7,000 on a beach trip.

Yowza! What beach did she visit?

I mean - yes, you could go to an exotic location or even a not-exotic location and rent a huge house at the height of the season, but she should have been able to take the two kids to Ocean City and stay in a perfectly nice place in the middle of the summer and spend half that or less.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, mmal said:

Tiffany is definitely a spendthrift.

She said on the "Love Games" Finale that she spent $7,000 on a beach trip.

Jesus Christ on a cracker... I spent less than that on a 3 week trip to Europe

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Yowza! What beach did she visit?

I mean - yes, you could go to an exotic location or even a not-exotic location and rent a huge house at the height of the season, but she should have been able to take the two kids to Ocean City and stay in a perfectly nice place in the middle of the summer and spend half that or less.

I would never pay $7000 to stay in OC, I would have gone to Stone Harbor, NJ for that kind of money or gone to The Inn at Perry Cabin in St. Michael's...who blows that kind of money in Ocean City?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would never pay $7000 to stay in OC, I would have gone to Stone Harbor, NJ for that kind of money or gone to The Inn at Perry Cabin in St. Michael's...who blows that kind of money in Ocean City?

I don't know that she went to OC; I'm just saying that you can go to the beach for less than  $7,000. Maybe she went to some exotic and expensive beach...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't know that she went to OC; I'm just saying that you can go to the beach for less than  $7,000. Maybe she went to some exotic and expensive beach...

I am a little relieved that there is a possibility she did not drop that kind of money in OC, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1