Type keyword(s) to search

Tiffany & Ronald: Aces High, Expectations Low

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, druzy said:

image.png.61b7528a3bbd613370502461ab6035a7.png

38 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That's truly awful. RIP Roger.

It's truly awful but I don't know why she is sharing any of this on social media.  

Roger sounds like a nice guy, it really sucks that he and Daniel didn't know each other.  

I may by cynical, but I think Tiffany is using this to drum up sympathy and as a way to deflect from her piss poor decision making.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

Great guy.. yeah sure. Bet he never offered a dime to support his child but “asked about him”. 

She’ll make the same remarks about Ronald when he breaks Daniel’s heart. 

She comes across as the kind of girl ( I won’t call her a woman because she isn’t one ) who always wants to be forgiving even when she’s had someone wrong her. She thinks it makes her a better person, but it just makes her a fool. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Great guy.. yeah sure. Bet he never offered a dime to support his child but “asked about him”. 

She comes across as the kind of girl ( I won’t call her a woman because she isn’t one ) who always wants to be forgiving even when she’s had someone wrong her. She thinks it makes her a better person, but it just makes her a fool. 

Do we know that he didn’t pay? I think it takes a lot of strength to forgive and forgiveness doesn’t make someone a fool. Repeated bad treatment from the same person might...

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Dunno. Responding to questions about why we haven't seen or heard about Daniel's birth father?

I feel like we so rarely see the other parent to the participant's child.  Never met the father of Ashley's children, never saw the father of any of Dani's kids, never seen Mays dad.....are people really pushing her more than Ashley, Dani and Nicole?  

I may just have a very jaded and cynical view of Tiffany because I think she likes avoiding accountability by any and all means necessary.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Do we know that he didn’t pay? I think it takes a lot of strength to forgive and forgiveness doesn’t make someone a fool. Repeated bad treatment from the same person might...

She said he had to be totally in or totally out with  regards to Daniel. I take that to mean money wise also. Maybe with his death, Tiffany will at least try to get Social Security benefits for Daniel. 

Yes being a forgiving person is great.  I think you can forgive someone who has treated you badly and yet still break off the relationship. Forgiving someone IMO is something you do for yourself, It doesn’t absolve the other person of accountability for their actions. 

Daniel’s father walked away from him. “Asking about him”’ IMO is pretty low bar in terms of caring, Tiffany saying he was a kind, caring person* and telling Daniel so, might make Daniel wonder why this kind caring person wants nothing to do with him. It might explain why he is so starved for a father figure that he’s latched onto Ronald so fiercely. 

*I don’t think Tiffany needs to say negative things about his father to Daniel, but she also shouldn’t put him on a pedestal. Walking away from your child is a punk move. She should tell Daniel that his father was very young, immature and unable to face the responsibility of fatherhood. And  it’s his loss that he decided to not be a part of Daniel’s life. 

• Love 6

Tiffany's an idiot. I don't know what she expected to find in SA. It's well known that it's very volatile, especially given the economic and educational disparities that still exist, and its horrible past. Does she know anything about its history, I wonder?

Both SA and the US are dangerous, and I don't buy her "I don't lock my doors" line at all. SA's crime rate is higher than the US for sure but look, Daniel's father died from gun violence trying to break up a fight!  

At any rate, she can stay there. She made her bed, now lie in it. Send Daniel back to live with his grandmother and have a childhood that he's used to instead of taking him to live in complex with and electrified fence and a criminal addict for a "father." 

• Love 14
On 8/14/2019 at 3:13 PM, libgirl2 said:

Growing up we lived in a very nice neighborhood in a very nice town. Our house backed up to a cornfield. We were robbed twice in 2 years while we were on vacation. The first time, they pried a door open and just stole some silver. They left the house spotless. You wouldn't have noticed anyone even broke in. The second time, they came through the basement. They left a mess looking for things, stole TVs, stereo, a rabbit coat I had and my dad's car which was in the driveway! 

It turned out it was the son of the neighbors. He was a drug user and needed the money. 

You can live in a nice area but one never knows what's going on with the neighbors, or the type of friends someone may have, or the relatives of those friends and on and on it goes.  

Anyway, Tiffany is an idiot and I too wonder if she knows the history of South Africa, or if she just followed the "hot guy."

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

You can live in a nice area but one never knows what's going on with the neighbors, or the type of friends someone may have, or the relatives of those friends and on and on it goes.  

Anyway, Tiffany is an idiot and I too wonder if she knows the history of South Africa, or if she just followed the "hot guy."

with the way these people are always so surprised by another culture, I would say "hot guy", not that I think he is hot. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

True.  People don't know their neighbors well, or the neighbors' friends/relatives. There are folks who put out the brand new TV box in the garbage so it stays out overnight or for X days and someone passing by or checking out the trash that folks leave out note who just got a new TV or Xbox or speaker system, etc. Parcel porch pirates, kids being used to break in to basement windows to let thieves in, kids going by on their bikes and checking out what people have in their garage. So easy.

Marry the guy if you want, Tiffany, but it probably will not end up well unless both parties put in a lot of hard work. She should have waited 6 months or a year until Ronald could show some signs of real recovery and work on his addictions. Moving half way around the world for some hot, exotic guy who has a lot of issues to work out really wasn't a good plan.

• Love 8
On 8/15/2019 at 3:33 PM, iwasish said:

I am with you.  I unloaded on this IG post in another thread.  You wanna know how he is?  Come for dinner, we eat at 6 and ASK HIM YOURSELF.  I hope to God she put his name on the birth certificate so she can apply for survivor's benefits on behalf of Daniel.  You are not up to being a dad?  Well, dumbass, you should have thought about that before you created a child.  What was he doing for a job that someone fired a gun?

6 hours ago, iwasish said:

*I don’t think Tiffany needs to say negative things about his father to Daniel, but she also shouldn’t put him on a pedestal. Walking away from your child is a punk move. She should tell Daniel that his father was very young, immature and unable to face the responsibility of fatherhood. And  it’s his loss that he decided to not be a part of Daniel’s life. 

THIS!^^^^^^100%!  I am divorced from the father of my kids and have never run him down, never will.  But to defend his decision that he was not ready?  Poor Daniel - his bio dad just was not in the mood to be a dad and Father Figure in SA is an unemployed felon.  At least my ex is fully employed with no record, lol.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I agree - we live in a nice suburb (low crime) and the other night my hubby was sitting in the garage, in the back, and a young teen on bike rode up, got off and started coming into the garage.  My six foot, seven inch tall hubby stood up and said in his baritone voice:  "May I help you?"  Kid rode away.  Opportunity plus motive equals crime.

• Love 6

I could watch the apartment hunting scene with the realtors in SA endlessly.     The one with the pink hair is even funnier than the dark haired one, and they're both telling the truth.  

The scene with Ronald and Tiffany discussing having to fund the electric fence for the complex is ridiculous.    Their only expense would be the security system for their own apartment.    When they were talking security system prices, they were super high, so maybe it included private security people who respond?  

And the part where Ronald says that the apartment is in a high-crime area, and I had to think any place Ronald will move into turns into a high crime area with his record.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Does Tiffany live in Maryland in the 1950s? Why is she leaving her doors unlocked? Is Maryland like Narnia?

It probably feeling that way after touring SA and hearing and seeing crime, theft, litter, child trafficking and all around, plus the cold hard realization that she married an unemployed felon.

Edited to add:  At the university where my younger son attends, they call the workout area the "Wellness Center."  So to hear him talk about "going to the Wellness Center" sounds like he is an unemployed South African felon with a gambling problem.  Which I can most assure you......he is not, lol!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It probably feeling that way after touring SA and hearing and seeing crime, theft, litter, child trafficking and all around, plus the cold hard realization that she married an unemployed felon.

Edited to add:  At the university where my younger son attends, they call the workout area the "Wellness Center."  So to hear him talk about "going to the Wellness Center" sounds like he is an unemployed South African felon with a gambling problem.  Which I can most assure you......he is not, lol!

My house has been robbed twice - once in Maryland. So... not Narnia.

• Love 2

Poor Daniel. It's a crime his mother is so damn stupid. I give this marriage ZERO odds on making it. 

My German Shepard was losing his mind the other night. He refused to come to bed and stood at the door leading to the garage barking his ass off. My husband opened the door to discover he left the overhead open after golf. Dog got a bowl of fresh chicken and rice for doing his job. 

He earns his keep better than Ronald. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13

In SA , even though it's dangerous, Tiffany and Daniel are in more danger of being robbed by someone who never even has to break in.  It's a real possibility that she could come home after a day of doing whatever to find that her house has been cleaned out and Daniel was sold for drug money by Ronald.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 8/21/2019 at 8:50 PM, doyouevengohere said:

In SA , even though it's dangerous, Tiffany and Daniel are in more danger of being robbed by someone who never even has to break in.  It's a real possibility that she could come home after a day of doing whatever to find that her house has been cleaned out and Daniel was sold for drug money by Ronald.

Yeah, she's so worried about being robbed, yet she's shacking up with a criminal who stole from his mother. The irony. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I have now figured out which side of the family Tiffany got her stupidity from.   Her mother is more worried about SA medical care, than the fact that her unemployed daughter (and not going to be employed for a long time either), and her criminal husband are having a baby.    Unless the show is renting them a place, they won't be moving out from mommy Ronald any time soon.   

I guess Tiffany's mother never actually looked at the medical care in SA?  The first successful heart transplant was by Dr. Christiaan Barnard.    Tiffany's mother acts like Tiffany will have the baby in the middle of the public square or something.    I bet that fool Tiffany thinks the U.S. government will let the criminal in the country, but my hope is they won't.    Drug related offenses are a big disqualifier for a U.S. visa of any type, from what the attorney said on the show. .  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I have now figured out which side of the family Tiffany got her stupidity from.   Her mother is more worried about SA medical care, than the fact that her unemployed daughter (and not going to be employed for a long time either), and her criminal husband are having a baby.    Unless the show is renting them a place, they won't be moving out from mommy Ronald any time soon.    And I guess Tiffany's mother never actually looked at the medical care in SA?   It was the first successful heart transplant by Dr. Christiaan Barnard.    Tiffany's mother acts like Tiffany will have the baby in the middle of the public square or something.    

South African private medical care is amazing.

It's one of those countries people go to for IVF or plastic surgery on vacation and then tack on a safari while they recover. I think it is also cheaper than US health care even if you aren't insured. So. Tiffany would probably be fine having a baby there. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

American citizenship for Ronald's child.

Is Tiffany not a US citizen from birth? Her child would receive US citizenship regardless of where he or she was born. I've known quite a few kids who were born outside the States and received US citizenship. I know there is a residency requirement if you are a naturalized citizen though... but I am not sure about the time. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

Something makes her change her mind, since she had the baby in the USA. 

Spoiler

She did.  And if she HAD given birth in SA her baby would be a US citizen, as she is a citizen.

I could have given birth to my kiddos in Germany and they would be US citizens.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
  Hide contents

She did.  And if she HAD given birth in SA her baby would be a US citizen, as she is a citizen.

I could have given birth yo my kiddos in Germany and they would be US citizens.

She was reassuring Ronald that he would be at the birth. I guess via Skype is considered being there. 

I wonder how he will behave without Tiffany to monitor his every move? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

She was reassuring Ronald that he would be at the birth. I guess via Skype is considered being there. 

That is not her job.  If you have to monitor every! single! move! that is not a wife, that is a caretaker.   Good Lord, Tiff, cut your losses and go HOME.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I guess Tiffany's mother never actually looked at the medical care in SA?  The first successful heart transplant was by Dr. Christiaan Barnard.    Tiffany's mother acts like Tiffany will have the baby in the middle of the public square or something. 

an older couple from my church used to travel to a lot of exotic locations. On a trip to South Africa, the husband suffered some kind of medical emergency (heart I think) and had to spend over a month in the hospital there. The wife said he received the highest state of the art medical care you could only wish for in the States. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

She was there and he ended up humping a keg.  Chew on that for a minute....

• LOL 6
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

an older couple from my church used to travel to a lot of exotic locations. On a trip to South Africa, the husband suffered some kind of medical emergency (heart I think) and had to spend over a month in the hospital there. The wife said he received the highest state of the art medical care you could only wish for in the States. 

How does the healthcare system work in SA though? I can't see how Tiffany and Ronald can afford private insurance unless he receives it through his job. Without it are they private pay? Are they on public health insurance and if so, does that get you state-of-the-art medical care or just basics?

In other words, I'm sure excellent care is available in SA but as with everything else, I have no idea how Tiffany and Ronald plan to pay for it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

How does the healthcare system work in SA though? I can't see how Tiffany and Ronald can afford private insurance unless he receives it through his job. Without it are they private pay? Are they on public health insurance and if so, does that get you state-of-the-art medical care or just basics?

Good point! This church couple was quite well to do and I'm sure they had plenty of insurance. "Rawnold" (thanks to whoever figured out how Tiffany pronounces it) doesn't have a job, so he can't have insurance through work.

Spoiler

That's probably the reason why she returned to the US to have the baby. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Good point! This church couple was quite well to do and I'm sure they had plenty of insurance. "Rawnold" (thanks to whoever figured out how Tiffany pronounces it) doesn't have a job, so he can't have insurance through work.

LOL STOP I can't un-hear that now.  At all.  LOL THANK YOU

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

In other words, I'm sure excellent care is available in SA but as with everything else, I have no idea how Tiffany and Ronald plan to pay for it.

Good point... That's what puzzles me about most of these people.

Most of them are poor as church mice and the least able to afford anything yet they pack up and move to the other side of the planet and expect "love" to conquer all.

Tiffany makes me want to scream because she also dragged Daniel along without any solid plans of where they could live etc.  😡

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Most of them are poor as church mice and the least able to afford anything yet they pack up and move to the other side of the planet and expect "love" to conquer all.

and often get pregnant right away

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Reveal spoiler

That's probably the reason why she returned to the US to have the baby. 

I thought Rawnold was offered a job at the wellness center where he rehabbed?

When they were apartment hunting, I thought he still hadn't started that or any job (and it wasn't clear if he was going to take it or not)? Then what was that obviously learned at the Wellness Center mantra he spouted when he pledged to be there for the baby's birth, something like "I will and I shall and I'm gonna..." 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, magemaud said:

When they were apartment hunting, I thought he still hadn't started that or any job (and it wasn't clear if he was going to take it or not)? Then what was that obviously learned at the Wellness Center mantra he spouted when he pledged to be there for the baby's birth, something like "I will and I shall and I'm gonna..." 

I think he hadn't started it yet. I just assumed he would take it because... it's a job and he needs one? But yeah -big assumption on my part. 

2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think he hadn't started it yet. I just assumed he would take it because... it's a job and he needs one? But yeah -big assumption on my part. 

I don't know what TLC pays but would it be enough for them to live on?

8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Life in SA isn't as expensive as life in the States. So, if Tiffany had a good amount of savings she should be able to pay for the birth out of pocket.

Giving birth in a public hospital should be free. While giving birth at a private hospital should cost between $1000-$2500 (based on the current conversion rates). 

https://www.oldmutual.co.za/financial-solution/your-life/detail/what-having-a-baby-really-costs-in-south-africa

How much would Tiffany be paying in the States? I think she went back home because her support system there is awesome and she probably is working on bringing Ronald to America. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
I can't convert currencies
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Life in SA isn't as expensive as life in the States. So, if Tiffany had a good amount of savings she should be able to pay for the birth out of pocket.

Giving birth in a public hospital should be free. While giving birth at a private hospital should cost between $1000-$2500 (based on the current conversion rates). 

https://www.oldmutual.co.za/financial-solution/your-life/detail/what-having-a-baby-really-costs-in-south-africa

How much would Tiffany be paying in the States? I think she went back home because her support system there is awesome and she probably is working on bringing Ronald to America. 

But as a convicted felon he will not be allowed to enter.  But Tiff thinks she is more special than everyone else so......she will try.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

$10,000 - $15,000 provided there are no complications. Maybe she applied for Medicaid considering she's barely been working. Medicaid already pays for 45% of the births in the US. In a number of deep southern states, the percentages are much higher.

• Useful 2

It really depends on whether or not and what type of health insurance she has. 

Isn’t she self employed as a cosmetologist?

Wouldn’t she have been required by Obamacare to get insurance, especially with a kid already? Unless mommy claims Daniel as a dependent or has guardianship and her health insurance covers him. 

19 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Isn’t she self employed as a cosmetologist?

Wouldn’t she have been required by Obamacare to get insurance, especially with a kid already? Unless mommy claims Daniel as a dependent or has guardianship and her health insurance covers him. 

Or she is willing to pay the penalty for not being insured. Daniel could be insured through the State Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP) if Tiffany’s income is low enough. If Tiffany is living in SA and married to a South African, is she still subject to Obamacare requirements?