Type keyword(s) to search

Tiffany & Ronald: Aces High, Expectations Low

• Start Topic

I'm so excited to meet a trashy South African. Amy was too good for the franchise and the racism issue was boring. I wonder if any of the American family members are going to wonder why Ronald isn't black. I'm excited to see people be surprised by the good quality of life South Africans can have... TLC likes to paint it like Tiffany might have to live in a township when she moves to SA but she'll be in a nice leafy suburb. 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

He looks like he would fit right into the backwoods of America here. 

Yeah, it's too bad about that whole extensive criminal history.  Oh well. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3

Apparently, Tiffany was dropped on the head as a baby. Who the hell moves with their child to another country to be with a recovering/relapsing addict?

Ronald would benefit from a stable environment to find some peace and be able to work on his recovery. The last thing he needs is an unpredictable (living) situation with a new wife he barely knows and a small kid he has never even met. 

I hope for ALL of their sake that this won't end in a disaster, but that Tiffany will support him and Ronald will find strength and motivation in his new role as husband and stepdad. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I so don't believe that she didn't know she was pregnant.  She just didn't want her mom to know and so she acted like it was a huge surprise.

She probably knew, but at 18 she probably thought she could make the whole thing go away with wishful thinking.  She must have taken some care of herself because her son looks happy and healthy (for now)

2 hours ago, Spike said:

He must be a chubby chaser.

He is but at least Tiffany is pretty.

She needs to put Nicole together 

• Love 5

The fact that Ronald is going from the Christian house into marriage is not good.  He's got to work on his addiction his whole life.  This is a harsh transition.

The thing with Ronald is that he has that accent.  I know a Ronald here from South Africa and that aussie/kiwi accent is charming LOL.   The fact that she has a son is problematic for me.  But he's going to sell all of her Sephora crap when she's asleep.   And her Dyson hair dryer.   And her La Mer moisturizer.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

The fact that Ronald is going from the Christian house into marriage is not good.  He's got to work on his addiction his whole life.  This is a harsh transition.

The thing with Ronald is that he has that accent.  I know a Ronald here from South Africa and that aussie/kiwi accent is charming LOL.   The fact that she has a son is problematic for me.  But he's going to sell all of her Sephora crap when she's asleep.   And her Dyson hair dryer.   And her La Mer moisturizer.

As well as sell her kid...why not just go for a visit without her kid to check things out? Her friends look horrified.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bunnyette said:

As well as sell her kid...why not just go for a visit without her kid to check things out? Her friends look horrified.

Thankfully one of these idiots has friends with some smarts. Trashly Ashley had one, but dumped her.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

The lawyer seems bewildered. She needs to listen to the words coming out of her mouth.

Isn't it amazing for all of these people that when they aren't around the enablers in their life they (can) suddenly talk to someone on the outside and they start to hear how crazy they sound?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Isn't it amazing for all of these people that when they aren't around the enablers in their life they (can) suddenly talk to someone on the outside and they start to hear how crazy they sound?

Even more amazing are the ones who STILL can't hear it...

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Horrified said:

Even more amazing are the ones who STILL can't hear it...

That was Nicole at the recruiter's office LOL.  Her list of demands and can'ts with her hair flips still makes me chuckle to this day.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HappyDancex2 said:

The thing with Ronald is that he has that accent.  I know a Ronald here from South Africa and that aussie/kiwi accent is charming LOL.   

My favorite part of their segment was Ronald saying "I stole by my house".

The accent is not charming to me. But, thats because I'm from SA. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Waaaay too many red flags. An addict (recovering or otherwise and fresh from rehab), a dude with a serious criminal record, living in a foreign country with zero support system, bringing a kid in to this. And from the previews, somewhat of a potty mouth. Marriage may not be a good idea at this time. Stay home, get some job skills and then a year or so from now, then think about a move. Save up some funds, put it in to a personal bank account as a safety net.

There is the rare woman who genuinely did not know she was preggers. Probably not Tiffany - suspected but hoped it would just go away.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Waaaay too many red flags. An addict (recovering or otherwise and fresh from rehab), a dude with a serious criminal record, living in a foreign country with zero support system, bringing a kid in to this. And from the previews, somewhat of a potty mouth. Marriage may not be a good idea at this time. Stay home, get some job skills and then a year or so from now, then think about a move. Save up some funds, put it in to a personal bank account as a safety net.

There is the rare woman who genuinely did not know she was preggers. Probably not Tiffany - suspected but hoped it would just go away.

Reminds me of another fav of mine. “I didn’t know I was Pregnant” and my favorite episode was when the woman gave birth while wearing sweatpants and the baby got stuck in the elastic cuff of the leg, “There’s a baby in my pants!!!!” I died laughing.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 6/3/2019 at 1:56 AM, RealReality said:

She probably knew, but at 18 she probably thought she could make the whole thing go away with wishful thinking.  She must have taken some care of herself because her son looks happy and healthy (for now).

When she said she got her period every month while pregnant, I knew she was lying about that. She absolutely did NOT get her monthly period 9 times during her pregnancy. I am sure someone on here will pipe up that they had bleeding during pregnancy but I doubt it was every month for 5 days leading to a full term healthy baby.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

When she said she got her period every month while pregnant, I knew she was lying about that. She absolutely did NOT get her monthly period 9 times during her pregnancy. I am sure someone on here will pipe up that they had bleeding during pregnancy but I doubt it was every month for 5 days leading to a full term healthy baby.

Some women NEVER have a 5 day period.  Some also have very light ones.  It's possible she was one of the lucky ones who always had light ones and didn't really ever notice the difference.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, DaphneCat said:

Some women NEVER have a 5 day period.  Some also have very light ones.  It's possible she was one of the lucky ones who always had light ones and didn't really ever notice the difference.

I think the period thing, by itself may not be dispositive for the reasons you mentioned.  I've also had months where I missed periods and unless I was the second Mary, I was not pregnant.

BUT, she was an 18 year old girl who was living a party lifestyle.  Not a nip o' brandy here and there.  And if she was partying it was very likely drugs and alcohol.

So, the fact that her child appears relatively healthy and pictures of him at birth show him as fat, chunky and not underweight combined with the "I had all the periods tho" makes me think that she had an idea she was pregnant and therefore subconsciously cut down on her substance use.  She probably never confirmed and just hoped she was wrong, but I think she had an idea.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

BUT, she was an 18 year old girl who was living a party lifestyle.  Not a nip o' brandy here and there.  And if she was partying it was very likely drugs and alcohol.

Did she say she was?  I definitely could have missed it if she did but not all 18 year old people are party hearty types.  She did say she had a boyfriend who chose not to be involved with the baby but I don't think that necessarily means wild lifestyle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Did she say she was?  I definitely could have missed it if she did but not all 18 year old people are party hearty types.  She did say she had a boyfriend who chose not to be involved with the baby but I don't think that necessarily means wild lifestyle.

I think she said it or alluded to it.  Because, I generally wouldn't make the assumption just because they are 18. Especially since I was such a boring 18 year old.

• Love 2

"I definitely should have asked him more about his criminal record when I saw it....but there was so much going on with the gambling addiction so I just kinda didn't..."

So therefore I decided to marry him turning a blind eye to Armed Robbery, Stolen Money... and talk to a lawyer 14 days before it happened but this like seems serious!  

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

A criminal record will limit his opportunities - jobs, probably a mortgage, travel, etc. He should be crystal clear what he has done, what charges he faced, prison time spent, paying back people, his gambling addiction. Then she can decide if she wants to put up with that. And have the kid stay with Grandma until things are solid down there.

Does she plan on working? Can she get a visa? Will she become a partner in crime? Will the addiction treatment work? Jumping in to a marriage right out of rehab may not be a good idea.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/3/2019 at 11:51 PM, Frozendiva said:

Waaaay too many red flags. An addict (recovering or otherwise and fresh from rehab), a dude with a serious criminal record, living in a foreign country with zero support system, bringing a kid in to this. And from the previews, somewhat of a potty mouth. Marriage may not be a good idea at this time. Stay home, get some job skills and then a year or so from now, then think

What could possibly go wrong?

When I first saw the mother, I thought it was a Sister Wives crossover. Doesn’t the mother bear a strong resemblance to one of the sister wives? And I tried to do the math wrt the mother’s age, I couldn’t keep it all straight. So I just figured that the mom probably had Tiffany at 18 (you know, history has a tragic way of repeating itself because stupid people don’t learn from it).

If Intervention taught me anything, it’s that an addict loves his/her drug of choice more than anything else in the world, regardless of crying about how the kids mean so much. It also taught me that you should never trust an addict, at least not so soon after rehab.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

What could possibly go wrong?

When I first saw the mother, I thought it was a Sister Wives crossover. Doesn’t the mother bear a strong resemblance to one of the sister wives? And I tried to do the math wrt the mother’s age, I couldn’t keep it all straight. So I just figured that the mom probably had Tiffany at 18 (you know, history has a tragic way of repeating itself because stupid people don’t learn from it).

If Intervention taught me anything, it’s that an addict loves his/her drug of choice more than anything else in the world, regardless of crying about how the kids mean so much. It also taught me that you should never trust an addict, at least not so soon after rehab.

I just kinda wish I knew what her plan was, since she is dragging her kid into this.  He has a long criminal record, though, as she proudly points out, he has not been convicted of anything.  So can he get a job? Can employers in SA see if you have been arrested and charged with things?  What type of job is she going to get? 

He is looking way stressed over money in the previews and as he explained he just takes some money so he can make more money, then he loses that money and he needs a little more money to make up the lost money plus the money he needs ....

If she at least had some sort of job plan, she could move away from him if things get desperate, but if she has no income that'll be hard.

• Love 2

I have to remind myself that just because she appears to be the more “stable” of the two on paper in the limited screen time seen so far doesn’t mean she’s not equally a couple Sammie’s short of a picnic basket.

she already seems to have a knack for recreating reality as it fits her narrative.  That pregnancy story seems made up AF for this show.  I doubt that an 18 year old gave any guy she was dating an ultimatum about being fully in or out concerning the kid....more than likely they were messy and it got messy and it ended.

She’s shown she is fixated on him not being convicted of anything (that remains to be seen on the show) but what she knows she doesn’t really care to know the details.  Lol.  Way to protect yourself and your son!  She doesn’t care if the drug was weed, coke, heroin, oxy, meth....I mean why bother right?  He went to rehab and it’s all cool....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

She reminds me a bit of Molly.  Falling in love with fantasy dick on a trip outside of the country and pretending that all the feels are what will sustain the relationship.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Maybe. But she said she *did* get her monthly period throughout pregnancy, meaning there was bleeding every month or so, which is not indicative of a healthy pregnancy. And she had a full term healthy baby, so I don't believe her. Plus she is pretending she doesnt know much about her fiance  criminal record, marrying a guy across the world and bringing her kid there ... ugh. I dont trust anything she says. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I finally got to see the episode yesterday. I was so excited to watch it. I didn't realize at first that the 3 year old girl is Tiffany's sister. What the heck?! That is a 24 year age difference. I thought the the girl was also Tiffany's kid, along with her son. The mom must have had Tiffany when she was a teenager.

Edited by Carly13817
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2019 at 7:47 AM, watchingtvaddict said:

I'm so excited to meet a trashy South African. Amy was too good for the franchise and the racism issue was boring. I wonder if any of the American family members are going to wonder why Ronald isn't black. I'm excited to see people be surprised by the good quality of life South Africans can have... TLC likes to paint it like Tiffany might have to live in a township when she moves to SA but she'll be in a nice leafy suburb. 

On 6/2/2019 at 8:23 PM, Spike said:

He must be a chubby chaser.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:51 PM, Frozendiva said:

Waaaay too many red flags. An addict (recovering or otherwise and fresh from rehab), a dude with a serious criminal record, living in a foreign country with zero support system, bringing a kid in to this. And from the previews, somewhat of a potty mouth.

My understanding is that the quality if life in South Africa is going way downhill especially for whites. There's a lot of crime and corruption and whites are getting their land stolen and feel like the blacks are running the country into the ground in many ways. A low class South African man may have the same motivation to get out of South Africa that a young Russian woman does to get out of her country.  Hence Ronald meeting a chubby American single mom who visits South Africa and immediately proposing to her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

Whites are getting their land stolen in South Africa?  That an interesting hot take.

Maybe land grabbing or land seizing is the more neutral term, the blacks who are taking the land view it as reclaiming their land rather than stealing it. But my point is, a lot of whites are trying to get the heck out of South Africa.  https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1083530/south-african-farmers-land-reforms-migration-australia

• Love 1
8 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Maybe land grabbing or land seizing is the more neutral term, the blacks who are taking the land view it as reclaiming their land rather than stealing it. But my point is, a lot of whites are trying to get the heck out of South Africa.  https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1083530/south-african-farmers-land-reforms-migration-australia

Regardless of the ridiculous irony of white south africans ever claiming victims status, Ronald is a class a loser who stole from his mother, has a gambling addiction and a drug problem.  He is also weird looking.  

Under no circumstance is Tiffany punching above her weight class with Ronald.  He isn't lowering his standards because she is chubby, he is a weird looking guy whose primary source of income has been stealing from family and friends.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, RealReality said:

Regardless of the ridiculous irony of white south africans ever claiming victims status, Ronald is a class a loser who stole from his mother, has a gambling addiction and a drug problem.  He is also weird looking.  

Under no circumstance is Tiffany punching above her weight class with Ronald.  He isn't lowering his standards because she is chubby, he is a weird looking guy whose primary source of income has been stealing from family and friends.  

Sure but most guys like that aren't all that motivated about getting married and proposing to women they barely know.  He's got the same incentive to marry an American as some of the Russian women on this show.

• Love 2

Heard about Tiffany supposedly being pregnant with Ronald's child, or did she already give birth? Either way, it's obvious that Ronald shouldn't be trusted by just watching him on a TV screen...but how could you (Tiff) not even think of asking him those important questions about his criminal history BEFORE planning a wedding?! I don't know. I feel for Daniel and pray everything works out for his sake. I give him major props as a kid to adjust to living in a new country so suddenly like this. Wish them the best.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, sweetpink92 said:

Heard about Tiffany supposedly being pregnant with Ronald's child, or did she already give birth? Either way, it's obvious that Ronald shouldn't be trusted by just watching him on a TV screen...but how could you (Tiff) not even think of asking him those important questions about his criminal history BEFORE planning a wedding?! I don't know. I feel for Daniel and pray everything works out for his sake. I give him major props as a kid to adjust to living in a new country so suddenly like this. Wish them the best.

If this is true, she is a moron.  Full stop.

Did she not figure out birth control after her first "absolutely a surprise" pregnancy?  

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Did she not figure out birth control after her first "absolutely a surprise" pregnancy?  

Maybe her real MO is to find a guy and anchor baby him.  Does Ronald have anything worth anchoring?

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Maybe her real MO is to find a guy and anchor baby him.  Does Ronald have anything worth anchoring?

LOL @ "anchor babying" Ronald.  

Apparently his mom has a bunch of stuff, if he hasn't already pawned it all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

And if it is true, did she even know she was pregnant the second time?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2