Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Tough Inheritance

• Start Topic

I think I spent most of this episode fast forwarding thru Harley and his nephew's stuff.  I really don't care about that boat in the least.  I think I'd rather make fun of Josh Harris on Cornelia Marie or Keith being a major dick than than try to care about this new crew.  At least Monte and Sean were entertaining to watch.

14 hours ago, Linderhill said:

I think I spent most of this episode fast forwarding thru Harley and his nephew's stuff.  I really don't care about that boat in the least.  I think I'd rather make fun of Josh Harris on Cornelia Marie or Keith being a major dick than than try to care about this new crew.  At least Monte and Sean were entertaining to watch.

I'm the opposite.  I'd rather learn how a new crew works than watch Josh pretend to be witty or work.

This was a good solid episode, back to the show I enjoyed years ago.  We saw the real ups and downs and how the crew dealt with them.  Monte and Sean are both hardworking and seem to be decent guys.  They've had a lot thrown at them.

Did Wild Bill's guy slip on ice on the dock really?  It looked like he just tripped.  I hope they have him working the controls rather than having to walk around on the deck so he can give that ankle at least a few days rest.

• Love 2

I thought Harley's family story managed to humanize him somewhat, and I didn't mind seeing his greenhorn nephew survive his first outing.

Wild Bill seems to have much more love for Nick than he ever did for his own son.

I hope Sean can overcome the second boat problems; he is one I would like to see succeed.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I thought Harley's family story managed to humanize him somewhat, and I didn't mind seeing his greenhorn nephew survive his first outing.

Wild Bill seems to have much more love for Nick than he ever did for his own son.

I hope Sean can overcome the second boat problems; he is one I would like to see succeed.

Agreed on all counts.   Harley sort of started at a disadvantage because his initial appearance was in that tit for tat with Keith.  We're seeing him work now and manage his crew.  I liked that the hazing for the nephew was more goofy and playful than we've seen on other boats (looking at YOU Freddy) and the nephew took it well.   We're seeing a guy who's not a whiner or mentally fragile in some way deal with the reality of his first trip.  I'm finding him interesting, much more so than the usual parade of greenhorns who either are completely unsuited physically or psychologically for the work.    He's figuring out how to do the work and feeling the toll on his body.  The other guys are pushing him but aren't psycho about it (again, looking at YOU Freddy).

Wild Bill gives Nick a lot of breaks, much more so than he ever gave his son.  You're right, it's the love that should be directed at his own kin.  That and his temper make it hard to like him. 

Sean is taking a big risk with the purchase of the boat.  He should have known that the new boat would take a lot to get renovated and set up, but that is probably related to experience and he'll know next time assuming he survives this season.  I'm going to bet he will.   I do like him.  He tries hard to do the right thing and to do his job well, although he still is learning a range of things.   

• Love 4

nope, not me.  Harley annoyed me from the beginning.  Believe me it takes a lot for me to say I'd rather see Josh being a waste of space than watch these guys we were foisted on us.  I don't even think I'd mind Harley that much if they hadn't introduced him as a schemer trying to get one up on Keith.  It also didn't help that his deck boss was an even bigger petty immature jerk than Harley. None of the other newer captains were introduced in such a bad light.  Even Elliot started out okay.  A jerk but a talented crabber before he flaked out.  Since they aren't even showing all of the boats each episode, it makes me wonder why we needed Harley and crew.

I agree about Wild Bill and Nick.  I really have no patience for Nick, he seems to be a grade A jerk a lot of the time.  I think it was no wonder Zack moved on from his father's boat when his own father preferred Nick to his own son.   I also have a feeling that Bill still resents the fact that Zack didn't change his name back to Bill's.

• Love 2