Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Gutshot

9 hours ago, Sarnia said:

Well I guess that's the end of Tamsin Greig then... 😞 Although it makes sense the final season should be in New-York.

IMDB has her listed as appearing in only one episode.

• Love 1
On 6/1/2019 at 1:40 PM, MisterGlass said:

I'm with everyone who thought they would use the opportunity to bring in disguises.  It would have been a great nod.  They've had him do voices previously.

It's small, but I liked the moment in the hospital speech where Holmes said he would have helped Gregson cover up what Hannah did, if he'd asked.  That rings true to me. 

I agree too. I was really surprised they didn't go that route. For one, it looked ridiculous his walking in the open that way, and interviewing with Joan, far too risky. And the disguises would have been a great salute to the original Sherlock Holmes.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ferjy said:

I agree too. I was really surprised they didn't go that route. For one, it looked ridiculous his walking in the open that way, and interviewing with Joan, far too risky. And the disguises would have been a great salute to the original Sherlock Holmes.

I suppose Sherlock's hiding in plain sight may have been the ultimate nod to OG Sherlock's being a master of disguise.

I do wish we had a little more time in London. But one thing I really did like when Sherlock was talking to Gregson he said something that Gregson really should have known and bugged me that it wasn't said the end of last season. That if Gregson had told him it was Hannah, Sherlock would have helped Gregson cover up the murder. That's  exactly what Sherlock would have done more for Gregson then Hannah but he and Watson both would have helped. I'm glad we got to see Paige again and they remembered her MS. 

I did find it weird Sherlock not bothering with any disguise or anything at all he moved around NYC without any worry? He was out in the open many times. And no one had eyes on the Brownstone? The FBI should know enough about Sherlock to know he'd turn up in NYC after the captain was shot. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PaulaO said:

I have no recollection of Paige.  When did she marry Gregson?

Paige and Gregson began to date in S4. In S5, she reappears to hire Holmes to investigate fraud at her doctor's office, this is when we learn about her MS and that Gregson asked her to marry him. Holmes helps them both and convinces them marriage is a good idea especially because Paige would get covered by Gregson's insurance plan. It's easy to forget Paige since Virginia Madsen is probably not readily available for the show to book all the time. She's appeared in a total of 3 episodes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I completely forgot this was on Thursdays now, and inadvertently waited until Sunday to watch this!

Anyway, I was glad Holmes went straight to the FBI at the end. Because I was wondering if they were going to have him hiding from them for the whole season.