Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: It's Not You, It's Miami

• Start Topic

On 6/2/2019 at 12:17 PM, snarts said:

Sonja gets mad at the other women for going after men she's "dated".  The problem is that none of the women know that because Sonja never actually dated them publicly. Hell, Dorinda introduced Tom to Luann and neither of them knew that Sonja had slept with him.  I think Sonja gets upset only after the publicly date/fall in love with someone other than her.

Exactly! Sonja has many goings on; and no one really knows about them. Then all of a sudden, paths cross and it's - "Hey, that was my lover of three decades!" What now? She needs to calm down. 

16 hours ago, sashayshante said:

I might have an explanation for this. I'm currently studying developmental trauma for a job. One of the effects of childhood abuse or neglect is an inability to self-regulate emotions. Survivors of this kind of trauma can go from 0 to 60 due to damage done to the brain. I can go into more detail if someone wants, but the TL;DR version is the front of our brains - which assists in regulating emotions - shuts down when we're triggered. We see certain  people and exchanges as threating because we're unable to assess the situation properly. Bethenny definitely experienced extreme childhood neglect.

Very valid observation. 

I also think, with certain Housewives, talking to them is like talking to a wall. Ramona comes to mind. We've also seen Bethenny try to calmly rationalize with Sonja. But when Sonja's "gone" like this, there can be none of that. She just talks and talks and talks and doesn't hear you. I understand Bethenny just going right for Defcon 5 with her. 

2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Well, well, well. Production Assistant. Hmmmm. Why was he introduced as Villa Vendome staff?

Who else are we watching in a "role" who are actually paid production assistants? I'm going to be watching this show with a different perspective. 

Phony BS.

I'm wondering if they've HAD complaints, from real staff in the past, and have had to start putting more of their crew in there to deal with the HoWives?

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
(edited)

a-few-too-many-the-real-housewives-of-ne

Wait ..... Tom??? .... Harry???  Dick? - No that was the pirate in where ever we were, oh, yeah, Dick...can't forget that  -- OH I know.  It's Mario!!! Wait -- it is Mario, isn't it?

Edited by Ellee
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 5/29/2019 at 8:03 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Oh remember Luann's Jingle Bell Coat Donation?

Christmas Cabaret

Please let the Countess and "Friends" be the group that sang I want to fuck you in the ass

I am sad every Christmas that this isn't in all of the seasonal song rotations.  It just has that special something that most holiday songs don't.

On 5/29/2019 at 8:31 PM, BodhiGurl said:

Ramona personifies why I could NEVER work in the service industry (or with the general public in any capacity.) I don't know how some people do it. Why in heck would that poor man give a shat about Ramona's wardrobe, let the poor guy go...

You know she doesn't tip for shit, either.  That woman should be making it rain with $20s everywhere she goes, but I will bet anything that she's the type of person who tips exactly 15% to the penny and thinks she's a great tipper.  

On 5/29/2019 at 8:52 PM, farmgal4 said:

I can’t understand half of what Dorinda says when she’s drinking.

All you really need to know is how close you'll be to her when she's drinking.  It's sort of like being at a Gallagher or Blue Man Group show.  How many rows back will I be? Do I need a poncho and a face shield for the food fallout?

On 5/30/2019 at 12:17 PM, sasha206 said:

Why was Dorinda suddenly supporting Sonja talking about the men in her past?  She's spent the last couple of seasons berating her for living in the past with the Morgan ghost.  It's all b/c she hates LuAnn?

I think Sonja does have a point when she says that they keep going after men that she has dated or been with.  She's not wrong that they seem to have no boundaries there.  She's also coming from a place where she's legitimately hurt by what they're doing and she's talked to them about it for years and they don't give a shit.  They continue to do it.  Her method of communicating it, however, was very flawed in this episode.   

On 5/30/2019 at 1:10 PM, ghoulina said:

Agreed. Other than the master, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Maybe it was a location thing? Wanting to share a bathroom vs. NOT wanting to share. Two girls chose to separate themselves and stay in the guest house. (That's where I'd be.) Did all have views of the water? These women will find ANY way possible to fight about rooms. But, overall, this may have been the LEAST drama over rooms that we've seen. 

I think someone did say something about wanting to be able to see the water and that was all they cared about.  The only other thing that differentiated the rooms was the jack and jill bathroom, which would be a thing I'd consider.  The last place I'd want to be would be in a room that had a bathroom connected to Sonja, for example.  On the other hand, I'm sure Bethenny and Tinsley are good about cleaning up after themselves and keeping their stuff organized in a bathroom and I'd have no problems sharing a common space with them.  

19 hours ago, ladle said:

You know, this was my initial reaction to that too, but then I was like, eh, if I knew I were going to be on camera and hair/makeup people came with the house, I would probably avail myself too.  (I say this as someone who is not a Bethenny fan.) 

When Sonja was going to pee in the tub, she was also getting her hair done, there was a team of people doing hair and stuff for the women in that bathroom.  I really felt for the woman who was trying to curl her hair at that time, because Sonja was hopping around in the tub, waving her arms around while this woman is behind her with a hot hair tool, trying not to get hurt or burn Sonja. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I also think, with certain Housewives, talking to them is like talking to a wall. Ramona comes to mind. We've also seen Bethenny try to calmly rationalize with Sonja. But when Sonja's "gone" like this, there can be none of that. She just talks and talks and talks and doesn't hear you. I understand Bethenny just going right for Defcon 5 with her. 

Bethenny tends to take a variety of tones with Sonja when she's belligerent like this.  I think she tends to adapt to try to "manage" her, which is more than the others do.  Other than Lu taking the margarita pitcher away from her, generally the others just let Sonja do whatever she's doing, and that's not particularly helpful.  Bethenny will try to talk to her nicely, and she'll convince her to drink some water, eat some food, etc.  Then when Sonja gets nasty, she was threatening to go after Bethenny, Bethenny responds in kind, sort of parenting her.  And I think yelling go to bed was mostly in an effort to try to get her to go to bed, that if she took a stern, parental tone, Sonja, who was basically being a child, would listen.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, sashayshante said:

Watching Sonja unravel is not good TV. That cameras kept rolling while she became more and more unhinged truly is despicable and proves that Andy Cohen is an evil motherfucker. Sonja is beyond sad at this point.

Whether the cabaret show is good or not isn't the point. I bet Lu is starkly aware that it's a joke and people are hate-attending or showing up to have something to gossip about over Skinny Girl Margaritas. I'm not seeing the whole "it's gone to her head" stuff. She's always been smug.  Only now (as someone else briliantly pointed out) all the other women's lives are on the downturn, and that includes Bethenny. They hate seeing each other happy. They thrive when one of them is hovering above Rock bottom. but now they're ALL hovering and Lu is thriving-ish. Basically, they're all miserable and Lu actually has something that makes her happy and they hate her for it.

Lu dismissing Bethenny like she was swatting away a fly was gold. B. Is so used to having those one on one convos where she throws right hook insults and left hook accusations in rapid succession until her opponent is clinging to the ropes before slumping to the ground. When Lu didn't take B's bait and engage her, Bethenny just kept trying until she realized she was embarrassing herself and left.

Lu, no matter her circumstances conducts herself as if she's the most fabulous in the room. It's arrogant as fuck and annoying but only if you have issues with your own self worth. I tell ya, the reason why Lu has never really bothered me is cause I admire a women who yes WILL look down on you if you've decided that her "high on life" demeanor is bothering you and thus forces you to try and ruin it for HER. I wouldn't let Lu get to me cause I too tend to carry myself like I'm one fabulous SOB and ain't noone gonna tell me different NO MATTER what you think I should be using a measuring stick for MY OWN self worth. Screw you!

That's all I've ever seen with regards to the grievances the housewives have ever had with Lu. They get mad that she has put herself on a pedestal and other people are willing to keep her there for whatever reason. Lu has always tapped into the market of, carry yourself as a star and the fans will create themselves. Hey, her hustle is strong and I ain't gonna knock her. Any and all conflicts she's had with the other women has usually stemmed from some bitter interaction where someone wants to cut Lu down to size. Her "treatment of Alex" in an early season is used as some big example of how Lu talks down to people but as I recall Alex got a bug up her ass and started in on Lu cause ALEX felt as if Lu thought she was superior to ALEX. Alex choice of handling it was always corny to me. 

Look, Lu may make people feel a certain kinda of way because of the air she has about her but she only aims that "daaarrrrlinggggg, dagger" when someone has decided to come for her. I've never seen her just randomly pick a target and hit below the belt. Some of her low moments were in reaction to something. And if her haughty toity commentary rubs you the wrong way then figure out whether you wanna address it in the moment or let it go. These women let little things fester then fire it a Lu in such ridiculous ways no wonder Lu laughs at them with a wave of the hand cause in all honesty, most of the time it is ridiculous and petty. 

These women are soooooooo bent out of shape because after everything Lu's been through, the fact that she's still wielding the I'm fabulous magic wand and STILL getting positive responses from fans and friends etc. etc. is eating at them. Beth is a millionaire and still miserable. Dorinda doesn't know what to do with herself. Sonja is flopping around no longer a trophy wife and her sex kitten consolation life is waning. Everyone is so pissed that Lu conducts herself like she's still on top and whether she is or isn't, if that's how she gets through the tough times.. WHAT THE FUCK?! Leave her to it. What the fuck is it to them? Ohhhh she's annoying. Okay welp there are ways to deal with annoying people without trying to gang up on them, bring them down or fuck up whatever positive emotional state they manage to scrape together for themselves. Especially now when Lu needs to keep that stiff upper lip the most.  

I'm also soooooooo over these shows making someone's drinking issues an automatic cookie cutter progression of what we MUST see them do from now on in order for the drinking issue to be seen as "getting properly handled". By that I mean, I'm so sick of people getting labeled alcoholics and therefore the only thing that we have to see from them from now on is behavior that coincides with the 12 steps of AA. No hint of denial, must walk around with a sign CLAIMING alcoholism and never suggest that it was just a stumble in the road.

Look, I could care less if Lu still drinks. That's her personal journey. I hate that people have to resort to fake abstaining cause "technically" (well legally too for a time) she's not supposed to be drinking. Whatever man. If she doesn't 100% believe that alcohol is the prime reason for her life struggles or she doesn't think she's a classic case then that's for her to work through. I personally don't think she's an alcoholic. I think she has a problem drinking too much when she gets going but I'm of the camp that there are different levels of alcohol abuse. Sorry, sue me.

I also believe there are different ways to deal with it. I'm not a big fan of AA cause it's too much of a fix for all that I don't think really works for everyone however it's a program that is lauded about as the answer to all. I actually think there are damaging parts within the program and I also feel like people outside the program assign waaaaayyy too much faith and authority to AA. I think it should be received for what it is. A very useful resource to be implemented into someone's healing journey but I don't think it should be some absolute science that cures alcoholism. I know everyone says you're never cured and that you're always an alcoholic but the way people force AA on a situation makes it seem like AA is the key to beating it and I don't believe that's the case one bit. 

Robert Downey Jr. comes to mind. He decided that he was done with that life. And he stopped. Before that he went through the motions, did rehab, vowed to quit, relapse after relapse after relapse. It wasn't until it made sense to him to stop that he did. I know the program is a God send for some. Some people are wired in a way that a step by step guide to follow alleviates much stress and therefore diminishes the anxiety that tempt the drinking but sometimes people are just living their lives care free, uninhibited, irresponsible, reckless and until those demons are dealt with issues with alcohol won't even get the complete attention it needs. Or maybe the issues with alcohol will no longer be apparent because the parent issue has been resolved. 

I don't really think Lu has a problem with alcohol. I think her life issues got so out of whack that her ability to balance her behavior got compromised and of course her drinking less regulated and sloppy. I do believe that life issues can affect alcohol consumption without it being attributed to alcoholism and I think Lu's relationship with alcohol has to do with other issues and not a dependence on alcohol. I believe her drinking became less responsible, not that she became more dependent on alcohol. So all the eyerolling about Lu and the likelihood that she is still drinking or will end up drinking again rakes my nerves. Yeah, I can see that and I'm not too put out by it cause I think her real issues are rooted elsewhere and once she gets a handle on THAT then I see her no longer having an issues with alcohol.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
40 minutes ago, smores said:

I think Sonja does have a point when she says that they keep going after men that she has dated or been with.  She's not wrong that they seem to have no boundaries there.

She's also a hypocrite. She banged the pirate the night after Lu did, dated one of Kelly's exes, and rekindled things with Harry when he was her (at that time) dear friend Aviva's ex-husband. She also claimed to have slept with Carole's ex when they were both in LA.

Also, IIRC, Lu didn't know that Sonja and Tom had been a thing when Dorinda introduced them. None of them knew until Sonja started wailing about Lu stealing Tom away from her.

She needs to borrow Aviva's prosthetic if she wants a leg to stand on there.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
Forgot about Russ.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, smores said:

I think Sonja does have a point when she says that they keep going after men that she has dated or been with.  She's not wrong that they seem to have no boundaries there.  She's also coming from a place where she's legitimately hurt by what they're doing and she's talked to them about it for years and they don't give a shit.  They continue to do it.  Her method of communicating it, however, was very flawed in this episode.   

But of course, Sonja picked up Lu's sloppy seconds on the Pirate. I don't think Sonja is above dating/fucking anyone's formers or currents.  I don't think she has much discretion when it comes to sex.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

She's also a hypocrite. She banged the pirate the night after Lu did, dated one of Kelly's exes, and rekindled things with Harry when he was her (at that time) dear friend Aviva's ex-husband.

Also, IIRC, Lu didn't know that Sonja and Tom had been a thing when Dorinda introduced them. None of them knew until Sonja started wailing about Lu stealing Tom away from her.

She needs to borrow Aviva's prosthetic if she wants a leg to stand on there.

I truthfully try to block the whole pirate thing out of my mind because it was just gross, but, yes she did go after him after Lu.  I don't think he's in the same category as Tom or Harry, though, since he literally was some rando that they picked up in a strange place.

Harry, though, seems to be a sticking point for Sonja, and she's told both Ramona and Lu this before.  Ramona knew this and still continued to make out with him, which is shitty.  She doesn't care about Harry, so if she knows it upsets Sonja, she could just leave him alone if she values the friendship.  And as for Lu, she is bitching and moaning because other people aren't paying enough attention to her feelings when it comes to staying at a party long enough for her, so she could at the very least acknowledge that Sonja feels hurt in this case.  Instead she blows it off.  

• Love 3
On 5/31/2019 at 8:41 AM, 65mickey said:

Bingo! I thought the same thing about Quincy. She turned 18 last October when they were filming this show. Old man Morgan probably doesn't have to pay for Sonja to accompany Quincy on vacation trips anymore. Also he may no longer be paying child support and that could be a pretty substantial amount of money that Sonja no longer receives. In the past Sonja has mostly been a sloppy drunk not an aggressive one like what we are seeing  now. Something is going on with her other than just having too much to drink.

I'm only confident in stating this because child support is a federal obligation, so the guidelines don't change state to state (except for Florida, which is its own nation).   Support continues for a child who enrolls in a full time undergraduate program until the sooner of the day of graduation from that program or the child's 23rd birthday.   Let me put it the way the state does - it automatically discontinues at 18, unless the custodial parent states (and provides evidence) that the child is enrolled in school or has a disability which requires the use of resources for the rest of their lives.   All that to say, the only child support has stopped is if Quincy didn't/doesn't go to college.   Since it's also a percentage of the non custodial parent's income rather than a flat amount, which means even by the upperest crustiest of standards, 17% of John Pierpont the gagillionth's monthly income is probably still an astronomical sum.  Even after this, Sonja raised that kid, I don't see Quincy leaving her adrift with all the cash she's entitled to.  Her dad is 90.    I say all that to say I think she's definitely depressed but about money?    mmmm, Idunnoyouguys.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:14 PM, Dirtybubble said:

My fear is what it's gonna take is one of these women (either on this show or another H.W. franchise) to drop dead and the family sue Miss Andy and/or Bravo for this sh!t.

but what would they allege?   See in the history of crazy sounding lawsuits, there still has to be a claim when, once heard, makes people go, you know what?  that sounds flat the fuck out ridiculous, but it's not untrue.   Philip Morris and other tobacco giants lost because - real talk, this shit causes cancer wasn't written on the box.    But what are the families of these women supposed to claim, exactly?  I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely nosey lol.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:38 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Sonja getting upset at Lu and Ramona over these men is just stupid to me.  She brought it on herself.  You don't want to be treated like sh!t Sonja stop acting like sh!t.  She's an embarrassment , a disgusting foul slob and she wonders why these women are more successful than her?!  Ho puhleez 

boy, yall are really trying to make sure I don't run out of statement tshirts this summer huh?  

On 6/2/2019 at 10:02 AM, divsc said:

Regarding Sonja, these men she is freaking out over - these were not relationships!!! These are just men she slept with! I guess this gives her a little bit on an ego boost when they give her any type of attention (or in her mind, are just sooo in love with her even though they were never willing to do anything more than sleep with her.)

And for these guys, I suspect she was little more than openly acted willing to put out. I find the whole thing very pathetic and also sad. I think she wants to believe in her head that all these men really want to marry her, but come on. And telling Tinsley's mother how they propose to her on the first date. Sure, Sonja. I guess she gets her ego boost from it that she desperately needs from hearing or believing lines, but she never appears to really be pursued or in an actual relationship.

It would make me crazy to hear a friend always bragging how in demand she is and all these men in love with her and how she's beating them off when you know she's just nothing to these men she throws herself at. I don't know how anyone can take her seriously. If the other women were making moves on an actual ex or someone she loved, her over the top reactions might resonate more.

giphy.gif

On 6/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, Gem 10 said:

This I just can’t get through my head.  If Sonja was married to Moneybags Morgan, had a daughter with him, and was living the rich life, why did she cheat?  Or, did he cheat first?  That divorce was her downfall, especially when she had it so good and is still whining about it to this day.  Plus losing all that money with the movie scam.  She didn’t play her cards right with him and money.

I'm not justifying it but but, but..lol would you sit on a 90 year old's face if you weren't trying to kill him?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm only confident in stating this because child support is a federal obligation, so the guidelines don't change state to state (except for Florida, which is its own nation).   Support continues for a child who enrolls in a full time undergraduate program until the sooner of the day of graduation from that program or the child's 23rd birthday.   Let me put it the way the state does - it automatically discontinues at 18, unless the custodial parent states (and provides evidence) that the child is enrolled in school or has a disability which requires the use of resources for the rest of their lives.   All that to say, the only child support has stopped is if Quincy didn't/doesn't go to college.   Since it's also a percentage of the non custodial parent's income rather than a flat amount, which means even by the upperest crustiest of standards, 17% of John Pierpont the gagillionth's monthly income is probably still an astronomical sum.  Even after this, Sonja raised that kid, I don't see Quincy leaving her adrift with all the cash she's entitled to.  Her dad is 90.    I say all that to say I think she's definitely depressed but about money?    mmmm, Idunnoyouguys.

but what would they allege?   See in the history of crazy sounding lawsuits, there still has to be a claim when, once heard, makes people go, you know what?  that sounds flat the fuck out ridiculous, but it's not untrue.   Philip Morris and other tobacco giants lost because - real talk, this shit causes cancer wasn't written on the box.    But what are the families of these women supposed to claim, exactly?  I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely nosey lol.

boy, yall are really trying to make sure I don't run out of statement tshirts this summer huh?  

giphy.gif

I'm not justifying it but but, but..lol would you sit on a 90 year old's face if you weren't trying to kill him?

Why not?  She’s done it to get him.  

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I wonder how many times each month Lu actually invites the other women to watch her cabaret act. 

Beth asked her why she thought they would want to go to cabaret five times in a month.   

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Beth asked her why she thought they would want to go to cabaret five times in a month.   

Yes, I thought that was funny. But Frankel sometimes exaggerates. Maybe it was only three times in one month, but it’s still a LOT. Especially since they have all kind of implied they don’t really enjoy cabaret. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Well, well, well. Production Assistant. Hmmmm. Why was he introduced as Villa Vendome staff?

Who else are we watching in a "role" who are actually paid production assistants? I'm going to be watching this show with a different perspective. 

Phony BS.

In some ways it makes feel better, knowing these people aren't just unsuspecting house staff just going along in their job, and then one day find themselves on television with no choice but to serve these women.

I still think Sonja's behavior was despicable, though.

• Love 11
On 5/29/2019 at 9:55 PM, Bronzedog said:

If Sonja drinks like this a lot, I’m kind of surprised she’s still alive.  Seriously.  She’s totally out of control.

I think if she drank like that on the regular, it would show physically on her. There was one season where she had noticeably gained weight in her ass and thighs, and Heather - who had been hanging out with Sonja when they weren't filming - made a comment that Sonja was drinking like a fish. I believe it was during the thick of her financial/bankruptcy problems.

Sonja's drunkenness seemed pretty par for the course for a girls trip, imo. Now, her behavior at the rehearsal? That shit was wack.

Didn't Sonja make a comment a season or two ago about being prescribed antidepressants? Maybe there's an imbalance and/or misuse of prescription drugs at play. Anyway, I hope she gets it sorted out.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:11 PM, Gem 10 said:

Why am I not surprised at Andy?

What does Andy have to do with anything? He doesn't personally control filming and editing. And, even if he could somehow encourage the ladies to abstain from drinking, he wouldn't do so given his pet's identity is based on being rich from a booze deal.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:40 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Aviva-daddy is single, it wouldn't be a long stint.  

He and the nail tech broke up? Well, damn...I thought those two were in it for the long run.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:49 PM, sasha206 said:

Beth's interaction with her assistant putting her purses in the closet just annoys me.  She treats her staff as though they are soooo far beneath her. 

The way she cut that girl off with the "Make it fit" was so bitchy. Also, how come someone who frequently wears hats and travels a lot doesn't have hat boxes? (Somewhere, Tom Sandoval just gasped.)

Ramona is such a twuntbag, but we know this.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, gritz said:

Didn't Sonja make a comment a season or two ago about being prescribed antidepressants? Maybe there's an imbalance and/or misuse of prescription drugs at play. Anyway, I hope she gets it sorted out.

What does Andy have to do with anything? He doesn't personally control filming and editing. And, even if he could somehow encourage the ladies to abstain from drinking, he wouldn't do so given his pet's identity is based on being rich from a booze deal.

He and the nail tech broke up? Well, damn...I thought those two were in it for the long run.

The way she cut that girl off with the "Make it fit" was so bitchy. Also, how come someone who frequently wears hats and travels a lot doesn't have hat boxes? (Somewhere, Tom Sandoval just gasped.)

I think it was last season that Sonja had just come back from Costa Rica and was claiming that she had detoxed from the anti-depressants that had caused her to gain weight.  She also wasn't drinking much, which was a much better look for her.  

Andy is still the executive producer (I think that's his title), of the Ho Shows, but I don't think he's nearly as hands on puppet master as people think he is.  I think he has some say in casting and stuff, but the network likely has more say and he is basically just talent to Bravo at this point with WWHL, and someone who sells them shows.  

Bethenny tends to wear big floppy hats at the beach, so you can usually shove those in a suitcase without a problem.  I have some big straw ones that I take and I can crush them, pack them, and they pop back into shape with no issue.  They only thing they can't handle is getting wet, which sucks if you are out and it rains.  So I also have one semi-ugly gardening style floppy hat that I can wear if I don't want to have to think about the weather.  I can roll it up, shove it in anything and it just pops back out nicely.  It isn't the most flattering thing ever, but it's definitely easy to pack. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, smores said:

I think it was last season that Sonja had just come back from Costa Rica and was claiming that she had detoxed from the anti-depressants that had caused her to gain weight.  She also wasn't drinking much, which was a much better look for her.  

Andy is still the executive producer (I think that's his title), of the Ho Shows, but I don't think he's nearly as hands on puppet master as people think he is.  I think he has some say in casting and stuff, but the network likely has more say and he is basically just talent to Bravo at this point with WWHL, and someone who sells them shows.  

Bethenny tends to wear big floppy hats at the beach, so you can usually shove those in a suitcase without a problem.  I have some big straw ones that I take and I can crush them, pack them, and they pop back into shape with no issue.  They only thing they can't handle is getting wet, which sucks if you are out and it rains.  So I also have one semi-ugly gardening style floppy hat that I can wear if I don't want to have to think about the weather.  I can roll it up, shove it in anything and it just pops back out nicely.  It isn't the most flattering thing ever, but it's definitely easy to pack. 

Can you say more words about this? Where'd you get em?  what search term do I use?  lol, sorry,  I keep buying the same 4 straw hats every summer b/c they don't make it back from vacation.   Hat boxes - it's a lovely idea but:  airline baggage fees.  It ain't that serious.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Can you say more words about this? Where'd you get em?  what search term do I use?  lol, sorry,  I keep buying the same 4 straw hats every summer b/c they don't make it back from vacation.   Hat boxes - it's a lovely idea but:  airline baggage fees.  It ain't that serious.

Believe it or not, I have one from Cracker Barrel.  It’s Cotten, like a Safari hat that you can fold the the front back.  You can fold it, twist it, wash it and it never dies and looks cute on.  It’s light brown and sporty looking and I luv it.  I don’t like those big floppy glamorous things.  This one is cute.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Believe it or not, I have one from Cracker Barrel.  It’s Cotten, like a Safari hat that you can fold the the front back.  You can fold it, twist it, wash it and it never dies and looks cute on.  It’s light brown and sporty looking and I luv it.  I don’t like those big floppy glamorous things.  This one is cute.

big floppy glamorous things = me, all day.   Lol.   They travel like jerks though.   

Thanks girl my closest Cracker Barrel is on the PA border, I'm gone bother my friend to go see. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2019 at 7:28 PM, Gam2 said:

That house was my least favorite of any house on any HW show. It positively echoed when they were talking to each other, echoed from floor to floor all the way to the top, was so cold and sterile. As a renter on AirBNB, I’d appreciate that it was so white and sterile that I could tell it was sanitary (and there’s A LOT to be said for that in a rental!) but holy cow, it had no warmth, coziness, come in and make yourself at home on your relaxing vacation vibe to me. To each their own, I guess. 

I think it’s hard to do homey and warm at the beach.  So much sand.  You need to have a place that is easy to keep clean.  I loved the house.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh, ZeeDubs, I have hat boxes AND fugly hats inside them!!!  Good thing I don't travel ...

But I receive the greatest compliments on my $1.00 garage sale straw hat, full of holes and awesome feathers.

Edited by walnutqueen
you COULD accuse me of being Sonja of the West, without the rich ex huzzbin
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 5/30/2019 at 11:44 AM, Gem 10 said:

My daughter saw her in the City.  She said the crowd goes wild as soon as she comes out, and screams and yells and sings along the whole time she’s on.  She’s not on stage very long, as she has guests do the work.  I’m sure as long as she’s a housewife, they will keep coming.  Not bad.

Good for Lu....she’s had a rough time lately.

• Love 1
On 5/30/2019 at 2:47 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

I do agree that the behavior we watched last night was embarrassing, and there are larger issues at play here than just one too many tequilas.

But guys, let's get real. Russel Armstrong anyone? Kim Richards anyone? Bravo never has and never will assume responsibility for the actions of others. What we saw last night was really tame in comparison to what we've witnessed on RHBH. Not saying it makes it right - just saying adjust your expectations of Satan Andy and the network. They'll send the ambulance if you knock your head off, but they're not going to play morality police and force you off TV for your mental health. 

Everyone signing on for these shows is a consenting adult. If you can't keep your life together, no one at Bravo is going to help you out.

Sonja was whacked, but no more than Dorinda when she stabbed her hand without a wince.  

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I think it’s hard to do homey and warm at the beach.  So much sand.  You need to have a place that is easy to keep clean.  I loved the house.

Nice if you had big bucks. You’d need a cleaning service to clean that place.  All those bathrooms.  Yikes !  But of course, they don’t clean, I’m sure.  What do they do?  Get dolled up and go out.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 11:44 AM, missyb said:

WOW ! I watched in sadness, disgust, disbelief at this group of women, in front of the cameras. Do you want to be on TV so badly? How does this not effect your life after the show ?

Well, I watched some RHONY after the show clips on Bravotv.com and none of the ladies were at all troubled by Sonjas appearance, actions, etc. Oh, that's how Sonja always is. 

Ok then. And Luann, you are right. It is hard to be newly sober around a bunch of drunks. You are right to walk out. However, for your recovery, you should have walked further. All the way back home.

I was wondering what Sonja’s daughter thought of that episode.  I feel really bad for her.  She must be mortified.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Nice if you had big bucks. You’d need a cleaning service to clean that place.  All those bathrooms.  Yikes !  But of course, they don’t clean, I’m sure.  What do they do?  Get dolled up and go out.

Every beach house we have rented has come with a cleaning service.   We don’t spend a ton of time in the house either, but we like a good view, so you need a nice house.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, gritz said:

I think if she drank like that on the regular, it would show physically on her. There was one season where she had noticeably gained weight in her ass and thighs, and Heather - who had been hanging out with Sonja when they weren't filming - made a comment that Sonja was drinking like a fish. I believe it was during the thick of her financial/bankruptcy problems.

Sonja's drunkenness seemed pretty par for the course for a girls trip, imo. Now, her behavior at the rehearsal? That shit was wack.

Hmmm, “ twuntbag”.  That’s a new one.  Three words in one, lol.  Good one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Sonja was whacked, but no more than Dorinda when she stabbed her hand without a wince.  

Or planted her face in a birthday cake that had LIT birthday candles on it.

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I was wondering what Sonja’s daughter thought of that episode.  I feel really bad for her.  She must be mortified.

We should consider that it's all an act.   

• Love 3
On 6/3/2019 at 4:12 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Or planted her face in a birthday cake that had LIT birthday candles on it.

We should consider that it's all an act.   

You think so?  I hope.  Speaking of acts, ( going off topic for a sec, but I just watched one of Erika Jane’s acts.  It isn’t Broadway, but what exactly is it?  She walks around, shakes her ass, and the guys pick her up and she splits her legs.  ???????????

• Love 2

That house was Beth sterile.  You can have a beach house but it doesn't have to be white sterile.  A little color along with some throw rugs goes a long way.

I know everyone has been down on Doris but I have to say this has been the first episode all season that she went into kinda of slurring her words mode.  It certainly wasn't no where near as bad as previous seasons.  At least, I think she conscientiously aware. 

The argument with Lu is a separate issue.  I get her point as well as Lu's  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I know everyone has been down on Doris but I have to say this has been the first episode all season that she went into kinda of slurring her words mode.  It certainly wasn't no where near as bad as previous seasons.  At least, I think she conscientiously aware. 

I do think she's trying. I don't think she's fully "there" yet - ready to admit that she has a serious issue and needs abstain from alcohol altogether. She's on vacation and probably thinks she can do okay in moderation. 

The trouble is, we never saw what her relationship with alcohol was like pre-Richard. But I do think she was using it as a coping mechanism and has gotten way out of hand. I do notice a difference this year, however. Hopefully she doesn't get totally out of control on the trip. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm watching this on repeat, and I really have to say that blue dress Ramona is wearing is just sooo not flattering on her body.  Ramona's stomach protrudes (always has - even though she appears to be in good shape), and that super deep v-neck to the waist only looks good on women taller and much thinner than Ramona.  The color is great for her, but the style does nothing.  

And, on second watch, this was even more disturbing than the first time.  Sonja is completely off the rails.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

You think so?  I hope.  Speaking of acts, ( going off topic for a sec, but I just watched one of Erika Jane’s acts.  It isn’t Broadway, but what exactly is it?  She walks around, shakes her ass, and the guys pick her up and she splits her legs.  ???????????

Burlesque?   Slutesque?  Exhibitionesque? 

What is the definition of burlesque?  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I do think she's trying. I don't think she's fully "there" yet - ready to admit that she has a serious issue and needs abstain from alcohol altogether. She's on vacation and probably thinks she can do okay in moderation. 

The trouble is, we never saw what her relationship with alcohol was like pre-Richard. But I do think she was using it as a coping mechanism and has gotten way out of hand. I do notice a difference this year, however. Hopefully she doesn't get totally out of control on the trip. 

If you do a search for "Richard Medley cause of death" the results will give you a slew of links and most of them reference The Washington Post's obit that said he died of "acute liver failure."    I have no way of knowing how accurate that is but if it's true, liver failure is usually attributed to heavy drinking.   Dorinda and Richard may have both been boozers.

• Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

If you do a search for "Richard Medley cause of death" the results will give you a slew of links and most of them reference The Washington Post's obit that said he died of "acute liver failure."    I have no way of knowing how accurate that is but if it's true, liver failure is usually attributed to heavy drinking.   Dorinda and Richard may have both been boozers.

I remember reading the same thing and figured they both may have had addiction problems. 

Edited by Gromit
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Acute liver failure isn't caused by heavy drinking.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

The fact that Teg was a production assistant hired by Bravo.... annoying.  I thought this was reality tv.  Ok... I mean I am glad Teg was paid for that "bit" rather than random abuse of the staff.

• Love 1

Who was the broad shouldered maybe 50s guy with brown hair that always looked like he wanted to talk but was never in the conversation?  He looked familiar, was better looking IMO than the person Bethany was trying to set up with tinsley but I could not figure out who brought him.  Mario asks him if he is the guy before Kevin shows up.

• Love 1
On 6/3/2019 at 8:16 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes, I thought that was funny. But Frankel sometimes exaggerates. Maybe it was only three times in one month, but it’s still a LOT. Especially since they have all kind of implied they don’t really enjoy cabaret. 

Well, I think insisting on seeing that old lady Caberet that was NOT good...   Also, I think they are saying pick a couple shows, you are doing it all the time now they cant attend everything.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 7:36 AM, nokat said:

They pass around the same few men. I'm guessing that their social circle is all white.

Maybe... but also I suspect most NY elite would not wish to be filmed.  Also, I love our RHONY but they are getting older and there just isnt much out there that is available or not chasing younger women.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 2
On 6/1/2019 at 4:28 PM, Gam2 said:

That house was my least favorite of any house on any HW show. It positively echoed when they were talking to each other, echoed from floor to floor all the way to the top, was so cold and sterile. As a renter on AirBNB, I’d appreciate that it was so white and sterile that I could tell it was sanitary (and there’s A LOT to be said for that in a rental!) but holy cow, it had no warmth, coziness, come in and make yourself at home on your relaxing vacation vibe to me. To each their own, I guess. 

Agreed.

Way too sterile and utilitarian for my tastes.  Great views but totally void of any personality. 

I was halfway expecting to see one of the rooms equipped with an examination table complete with stirrups so they could all get a Pap smear while they were there.  

• LOL 5
On 6/6/2019 at 10:35 AM, Mardo2044 said:

Does anyone think she is going to last more than a season?  I don't have anything against her but she doesn't seem to fit with the group really.  No excuse for Ramona treating her that way!

That article didn’t make much sense to me, read like she missed one payment and they put her into foreclosure?  That doesn’t happen.  Either way it had nothing to do with the episode and I have no beef with Barbara other than she should wear longer shirts.  I think I’d rather have a drink with her than Bethenny.

• Love 5
On 5/29/2019 at 9:33 PM, nexxie said:

That poor man doesn’t care about your clothes, legs or “boobies” Ramona!

Thank you. A crusty old hag talking about her body and her crappy clothes? You look like the crypt keeper, you crazy-eyed freak. Yuck. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3