Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Meet Rinna Jayne

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Jel said:

I hear you, but did they ever say, you know what, we thought it was funny too initially; we didn't understand how much it would hurt you? That may have taken some heat of Dorit. Serious question though because did they own up to that or did they just pretend all season that they had always thought it was the worst thing ever? (I don't remember how it all went down)

Nope. Not only did they not own up to it. Erika never called them out on it even after all of the footage showing Rinna and Eileen mocking Erika was aired. I'm sure Erika really wanted to make sure that she got to be on Eileen's soap so she wasn't going to make waves about it though. Seriously, Kyle was the only one to tell Dorit that it might be hurtful or embarrassing to Erika and Dorit still tried to throw her under the bus. All of these women are the worst kinds of hypocrites.

• Love 9
On 5/29/2019 at 1:54 PM, nexxie said:

That’s some sick shit suggesting lecherous behavior by Mauricio toward a young women he’s parented since she was a little girl.

100% agree. He thinks of her as his daughter.

I like Kyle and like watching her. Love her dogs, parties and house. 

LVP was never the whole show for me. I enjoyed watching her at times but she’s annoying now and John Sessa is the worst. She’s playing up the victim role way too much.

Rinna as EJ was lame and it got really weird lol.

Kim can go away again. I never cared about the bunny thing before and still don’t. Rinna is pretty much right about her though.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Marley said:

LVP was never the whole show for me. I enjoyed watching her at times but she’s annoying now and John Sessa is the worst. She’s playing up the victim role way too much.

I don't consider her to be the whole show, but she's a big part of it.  It's not the same without her.  I don't think she's playing the role of the victim.  The other HWs won't shut up about her and keep talking shit about her.  When a person or group continues to ostracize another person, no matter the faults of said person, she/he will usually become a sympathetic character to the viewers.  I can only take so much of these bitches continuing to gripe about LVP.  They're the ones who are keeping her name front and center.  Apparently they're not smart enough to figure out that if they quit talking about her, she'd probably fade into the background.  

• Love 13
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 4:53 PM, film noire said:

Aside from the opportunities wealth can bring (which most people would enjoy having) I think many women have more depth and compassion than Kyle, and have no desire to be like her, or her thief of a husband, or have a daughter unable to sleep alone, eat a "regular" everyday breakfast, or dress themselves at the age of ten.  (I also think most women would find sleeping with their kids - for over a quarter century of the marriage -  as not something they yearn for ; )

I think Kyle has shown compassion to Kim, Adrienne, Taylor, Joyce, etc. I do think this season she could have shown LVP more though. 

I’ve always thought Mauricio seemed like a good husband and father, and a gentleman as well. I’m familiar with that recent lawsuit, and I agree it’s not a good look. But I want more information before I write him off as a thief. I know people who don’t like them want this addressed at the reunion. Because I do like them, I want more details! It is disappointing if Mauricio did pull one over someone he was supposed to help. 

I know a kid sleeping in the same bed at 10 would not be my ideal, but my guess is Kyle is probably still the best mom on the show. I also love that her family is close-knit. Unlike some of her kids’ cousins, other RH and Hollywood kids, her children have had no scandals, sex tapes, drug problems, DUI’s, embarrassing party photos, etc. They are good girls who go to school and then off to work. Believe it or not, I wasn’t a big Kyle fan season 1 or 2, but I’ve always thought she seemed the most loving and motherly of all of them. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I don't consider her to be the whole show, but she's a big part of it.  It's not the same without her.  I don't think she's playing the role of the victim.  The other HWs won't shut up about her and keep talking shit about her.  When a person or group continues to ostracize another person, no matter the faults of said person, she/he will usually become a sympathetic character to the viewers.  I can only take so much of these bitches continuing to gripe about LVP.  They're the ones who are keeping her name front and center.  Apparently they're not smart enough to figure out that if they quit talking about her, she'd probably fade into the background.  

They were still filming (3 month schedule?) and this is still fresh for them. There is one person in the middle of this shit storm who refuses to film & refuses to apologize for her part in mishandling the situation  and the others are venting. I'll give them a pass for that.

Additionally they all have to rehash it for talking head filming, then deal with it again months later as it airs, and once again for the reunion.  They all don't have a chance to let it drop in a normal way.

LVP has been/is being just as catty as the others in keeping it going. She deserves no sympathy. She isn't a victim. She was in the thick of it, giving as good as she got and when the women called her out or saw it different than what she wanted she got her knickers in a twist.

Glad she's gone for the remainder of the season if reports are true. I won't miss her.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Kyle has shown compassion to Kim, Adrienne, Taylor, Joyce, etc. . 

I don't much like Kim, but Kyle screaming insults at Kim in the limo was repulsive, imo, not compassionate.   Kyle not saving Taylor from the (filmed) humiliation of being turfed from the party was also ugly - a compassionate person would have told Taylor off-camera she would be walking into a wall of public rejection (but then, Kyle is always ready for her close-up, isn't she?)  I don't buy any of the women saying they couldn't reach Taylor, but as the host, the responsibility fell on Kyle.

And Joyce has this to say about Kyle's tender and nurturing nature:

"Joyce also claims that during her time as a Housewife on Season 4, the rest of the cast was also ganging up on LVP. She revealed to DailyMail.com, “All the girls were trying to tell me Vanderpump was a bad person. Kyle kept trying to talk bad about Lisa on my season. Brandi (Glanville) even called me and said Lisa is very mean. But I kept saying, I don’t see it.”

https://www.realitytea.com/2019/04/18/former-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-star-joyce-giraud-thinks-cast-is-100-ganging-up-on-lisa-vanderpump/

I wasn’t a big Kyle fan season 1 or 2,

I understand you've grown to like her -  I've had the opposite journey. 

I now see Kyle Richards as someone willing to stab anyone in the back  (in the name of honour, truth or whatever crap she's slinging) as long as Kyle believes it will secure her a "Poor widdle Kyle" haloed-glory storyline.  It's worked well in the past. She's thrown  rocks and hidden her hands with ease. But I think the chickens might be coming home to roost. She's been trying to destroy LVP for years, and her master plan has resulted in nothing but Kyle doing one of her  sad cooter-slams into a pile of flaming dumped-dog shit, while being confronted for her toxic game-playing on social media.  She's being held accountable, and it's not pretty. Maybe her dearest bestie in the whole wide world, the morally corrupt Faye Resnick, will write a book about Kyle's intimate life to finish the job (Kyle, meet the new housewife - Karma!) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
(edited)

^ I didn’t like the limo incident. That’s one of the reasons I wasn’t big on Kyle in the beginning. I felt so horrible for Kim. I really liked Kim and Adrienne season 1. I also didn’t like Kyle’s behavior on Game Night. But I saw a lot of episodes showing just how difficult it could be dealing with Brandi and even her sister. Kyle dealt with a lifetime of Kim and exploded. It wasn’t pretty, but I think she’s loved and supported her sister many years. So has Mauricio, but people think they stole her house. I do not. Kyle came with facts that made sense. 

I thought Kyle tried to tell Taylor but couldn’t get ahold of her? I think there may have been some producer involvement there. 

When it comes to Joyce, Kyle and Lisa were not on the greatest terms if I recall. I don’t think this was all on Kyle either. I like both ladies, but I don’t think either of them is perfect. Lisa retaliated with her own comments about Kyle and her husband. She was also accused of playing really dirty that season. Joyce was actually one of my absolute favorites. I think she’s one of the kindest cast members they’ve had, but I wish she’d remember that when Lisa was laughing along with Brandi at her expense, Kyle was actually very kind and sweet to her.

I do wish Kyle would have been more gentle with Lisa. I very much felt for Lisa this season actually. I just happen to still like Kyle despite her mess-ups. As far as I’m concerned, we all have them, at least I do! 🙂 

The women lose me as a fan when I think they’re toxic all around. That’s how I feel about people like Brandi and Carlton. 

If Kyle didn’t have a heart and brains, I don’t think she’d have the life she has. Some of the others have married men old enough to be their fathers, abusive men, serial cheaters, and just general bad boys. People want to believe the worst of Mauricio, but in his defense I think we’ve seen a lot of good. Some of the other women’s adult kids have had troubles. Unlike Kyle, some of the ladies don’t seem to have many friendships. I don’t think the stuff Kyle’s been blessed with is coincidental. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2019 at 2:36 PM, BluBrd47 said:

How much of the Kim hate really is because she is a “drug addict”? Again, as a former addict it’s hard not to find this annoying. Whether you don’t get it or get it too much, it’s not a good look. 

For me that's it - combined with all of the addict behavior - acting like an ass while drunk or high, expecting everyone to go along with whatever story you concoct about that assholery, bullying those who won't until they shut up, setting people against each other so that they're fighting and forgetting about you, somehow managing to deny everything and yet be a victim, etc. etc. etc.  I live with it in my own life and can't stand it when I see it in her.   (For the record, after my sibling's shenanigans last weekend - if he were to come on a tv show with me and my parents were dead - I'd out his ass in a limo in a heartbeat.)

Of course I am using "you" above in the general sense.  But since you are a  former addict, @BluBrd47, I am happy for YOU 😊

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, langford peel said:

Denise lost me permanently this episode. It’s obvious that she is a ride or die friend of Lisa Rinna which makes her an enemy of humanity..

I might be misremembering, so please excuse me if I am.  But wasn't Denise the woman who was best friends with Heather Locklear and had an affair with her husband or ex-husband?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I might be misremembering, so please excuse me if I am.  But wasn't Denise the woman who was best friends with Heather Locklear and had an affair with her husband or ex-husband?

Next door neighbors and besties who ended their marriages at the same time. Denise claimed that she didn't fall in love with her neighbor until the split, after encouraging Heather to leave Richie. 

Uh huh. Because we know how much she loves her dick. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

They were still filming (3 month schedule?) and this is still fresh for them. There is one person in the middle of this shit storm who refuses to film & refuses to apologize for her part in mishandling the situation  and the others are venting. I'll give them a pass for that.

"Refuses to apologize" for "Mishandling the situation?"  Holy crap!   IMHO LVP has nothing, zero, nada to apologize for.   I don't care if she gave the story to ROL or not.  I wouldn't care if she hired an airplane to sky write the story over Beverly Hills.   Everyone should know what a horrible individual Dorit is.   Dorit was the one who mishandled the situation.   Dorit was the one who mistreated a poor defenseless puppy.   Dorit was the one who locked Lucy in the basement.   Dorit was the one who gave away poor Lucy instead of returning her to LVP.   Dorit is not only an idiot, she's cruel as well.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 16
(edited)
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Who said Lucy was locked in a basement? Is there proof? 

Someone with a better memory than I have will need to verify this but I believe it originally came out because of something that PK said.

image.png

Edited by AnnA
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Someone with a better memory than I have will need to verify this but I believe it originally came out because of something that PK said.

image.png

I don't trust 'Dr' Sessa and anything he's says.  I also don't remember anything about PK saying Lucy was being kept in 'the basement'.

• Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I wish she’d remember that when Lisa was laughing along with Brandi at her expense, Kyle was actually very kind and sweet to her.

What she remembers is that Kyle endlessly trash-talked LVP to her, and tried to get people to turn on LVP. 

If Joyce is willing to say that (and say it publicly, no anonymous "sources say" crap) it makes me strongly doubt she considers Kyle compassionate or kind (sounds more like Joyce sees Kyle as chronically duplicitous and manipulative).

If Kyle didn’t have a heart and brains, I don’t think she’d have the life she has. 

To me, measuring the weight of someone "having the life she has" as proof of heart and brains (and character) is less about what they have & more about how they got it, because success itself is not proof that someone is a decent person.  Lots of shallow, selfish people have seemingly stable kids, marriages and big houses. So (for me) Kyle's character does not default to trustworthy just because of how her life "looks"  (I also don't take Kyle's presentation as proof her life actually is that way - she's an actress to the core, and the reality could be very different when the cameras stop rolling.)

People want to believe the worst of Mauricio,

I don't think that people who suspect Mauricio is a thief are just "wanting to believe the worst" -   people are responding to a federal lawsuit in which Umansky is believably accused of doing the worst. 

I don’t think the stuff Kyle’s been blessed with is coincidental. 

Maybe. But having a big sister who gets your husband a career at her husband's chichi real estate agency is a coincidence of birth, and that was the move that made the real difference in their lives. Because it's not like Kyle won her life by the sweat of her brow. She didn't do double-shifts to get her kids an education, a good home and health care. She didn't have to raise her kids in a money-tight and stressful environment - while still somehow  keeping her mothering-self connected and hopeful and available -  she just used her family connections to set herself and her husband up for the good life (after suffering through the hell of living in a small condo before moving to a big house).  Which fine, fair enough.  But it isn't proof Kyle Richards has heart or brains or compassion or character. More like - somewhere between shaming homeless people and trying to bring down her nemesis, LVP -  Kyle crawled permanently up her own ass and declared, "Home at last!" 

I just happen to still like Kyle despite her mess-ups

Oh, who can explain the enigmatic heart of a housewife viewer?  Those we love is a mystery, even to us.  I've recently stopped full-on hating Ramona (oh yes, I hear you laughing - and thinking: What hope is there for film noire? Her future is so very bleak - sexually harassing resort staff while pigeon-walking in high heels and a bathing suit. And pool noodles. Always the pool noodles. They haunt me in my dreams, my crazy Ramona eyes swirling like those old-timey circles in movies indicating hypnosis.  And then - what fresh hell is this? - flirting. With. Mario.  NO KADOOZ! It almost makes Kyle's cooter-slam look positively delightful.)

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 5/30/2019 at 6:00 PM, FlyingEgret said:

Who spent their $300k better?  LVP on her kitchen or Kyle on her Farrahween Party?

When put that way, it really makes the amount of money the Umanskys spent on a single birthday party pretty fucking inane. And, now they've set a precedent of spending at least that amount on each of their other three daughters' 30th birthdays. Dummies.

How come Paris didn't dj her cousin's party? It's not like they couldn't afford her fees.

Wasn't The Agency involved with the sale of the Playboy Mansion? Maybe Kyle and Maurice felt they needed to pay homage to Hefner for helping to provide them with more Birkins and Rolexes.

At one point Alexia was double fisting drinks at the party, and she was hungover in an earlier episode. Will history be repeated in twenty years, with Portia pointing a meaty finger and yelling "You're an alcoholic!" at her older sister?

• Love 10
(edited)

You know, I have the repeats of last season on in the background today, and I watched the episodes with the Dorit/Kyle/LVP blow up are on (the one episode where they all went to NY for Dorit's magazine cover party).  After Kyle and LVP have their NYC argument (where Teddi tries to be an accountability coach for them both.....), they meet for lunch at Villa Blanca.

LVP sincerely apologizes to Kyle for whatever slights toward Kyle, and Kyle accepts it.  In that apology, LVP says that she doesn't know Dorit that long - "one and half, maybe two years" are LVP's exact words.  

It's interesting how from one year to the next (this season), all of sudden, Dorit is claiming that she and LVP have been "best friends" for years.  Kyle and Camille were correct when they told Dorit that they have never heard LVP mention her name until then.

My thinking is that Lisa and Ken were friends/acquaintances of PK, and possibly his former wife while in London, and when PK married Dorit and moved from NY to BH, they reconnected on some superficial way, and LVP was instrumental in getting Dorit on the show.

It's reprehensible to me that Dorit could be so shitty to someone who is basically instrumental in putting food in your kids' mouths at this point, given the Kemsley's shady behavior and financial dealings.

Just interesting how things in the "reality" world can change from one year to the next!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 19
15 hours ago, film noire said:

What she remembers is that Kyle endlessly trash-talked LVP to her, and tried to get people to turn on LVP. 

If Joyce is willing to say that (and say it publicly, no anonymous "sources say" crap) it makes me strongly doubt she considers Kyle compassionate or kind (sounds more like Joyce sees Kyle as chronically duplicitous and manipulative).

To me, measuring the weight of someone "having the life she has" as proof of heart and brains (and character) is less about what they have & more about how they got it, because success itself is not proof that someone is a decent person.  Lots of shallow, selfish people have seemingly stable kids, marriages and big houses. So (for me) Kyle's character does not default to trustworthy just because of how her life "looks"  (I also don't take Kyle's presentation as proof her life actually is that way - she's an actress to the core, and the reality could be very different when the cameras stop rolling.)

I don't think that people who suspect Mauricio is a thief are just "wanting to believe the worst" -   people are responding to a federal lawsuit in which Umansky is believably accused of doing the worst. 

Maybe. But having a big sister who gets your husband a career at her husband's chichi real estate agency is a coincidence of birth, and that was the move that made the real difference in their lives. Because it's not like Kyle won her life by the sweat of her brow. She didn't do double-shifts to get her kids an education, a good home and health care. She didn't have to raise her kids in a money-tight and stressful environment - while still somehow  keeping her mothering-self connected and hopeful and available -  she just used her family connections to set herself and her husband up for the good life (after suffering through the hell of living in a small condo before moving to a big house).  Which fine, fair enough.  But it isn't proof Kyle Richards has heart or brains or compassion or character. More like - somewhere between shaming homeless people and trying to bring down her nemesis, LVP -  Kyle crawled permanently up her own ass and declared, "Home at last!" 

It was ugly between Kyle and Lisa that season, it was not all Kyle being mean about Lisa. Going into all that occurred during that season would be getting OT so I won't.

Joyce may be of the camp that believes in backing your friends strongly all day even when they're wrong. She also said Lisa had nothing to apologize for with Eileen, and much as I like Joyce, I disagree with her on that as well. Right is right, and wrong is wrong to me. 

Lots of people definitely luck into money. There's no denying that. It's also true there are jerks who manage to stay married many years and produce good kids. I still think Kyle is a bit rare in her Hollywood circle to have been happily married to an age-appropriate man (who didn't have wealth when she married him), have kids stay out of trouble, and also has lots of good friends she goes back with for years. Definitely rare in the RHOBH bunch. I think if all Kyle cared about were purses and lip gloss, no way all these people would love her.

People have been trying to make Mauricio out to be a sleazy cheater since season 1, not since the lawsuit. I'm not sure if Camille was the first who did it, but I remember that talk. I thought it may have been because he was the hot, young husband. The others were either much older or not very attractive. 

I never said Kyle busted her butt juggling jobs to support her kids or denied the family connections. When I said life, I wasn't referring to the money she has, I was referring to that she has a lot of love in her life. I see a lot of good in her, but it's fine if you and some other viewers don't. 

• Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, AnnA said:

image.png

Hahaha!

Consider the source!

Dorit is an idiot but sessa's a brown nosing wackjob. Wouldn't trust him to clean my cat's litter box.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Hahaha!

Consider the source!

Dorit is an idiot but sessa's a brown nosing wackjob. Wouldn't trust him to clean my cat's litter box.

That's how I feel about Dorit LOL

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't trust any of them (and certainly not with my cat)

They're all full of sh*t.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It was ugly between Kyle and Lisa that season, it was not all Kyle being mean about Lisa. Going into all that occurred during that season would be getting OT so I won't.

Joyce may be of the camp that believes in backing your friends strongly all day even when they're wrong. She also said Lisa had nothing to apologize for with Eileen, and much as I like Joyce, I disagree with her on  e as well. Right is right, and wrong is wrong to me. 

Lots of people definitely luck into money. There's no denying that. It's also true there are jerks who manage to stay married many years and produce good kids. I still think Kyle is a bit rare in her Hollywood circle to have been happily married to an age-appropriate man (who didn't have wealth when she married him), have kids stay out of trouble, and also has lots of good friends she goes back with for years. Definitely rare in the RHOBH bunch. I think if all Kyle cared about were purses and lip gloss, no way all these people would love her.

People have been trying to make Mauricio out to be a sleazy cheater since season 1, not since the lawsuit. I'm not sure if Camille was the first who did it, but I remember that talk. I thought it may have been because he was the hot, young husband. The others were either much older or not very attractive. 

I never said Kyle busted her butt juggling jobs to support her kids or denied the family connections. When I said life, I wasn't referring to the money she has, I was referring to that she has a lot of love in her life. I see a lot of good in her, but it's fine if you and some other viewers don't. 

Kyle backs Dorit all the day long even when she is a scamming lying puppy dumper. Why is she not backing her good friend of many years, LVP? Maybe because Kyle is not such a good friend. 

I'm sorry but I am not convinced that Kyle is happily married. I've seen the video of the her attacking the woman flirting with Mauricio while he looks amused (which has mysteriously been wiped from the web! What happened to that video that was all over the web at one point?)

Kyle has lots of good friends like the MCFR. With good friends like this, who needs LVP?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Kyle backs Dorit all the day long even when she is a scamming lying puppy dumper. Why is she not backing her good friend of many years, LVP? Maybe because Kyle is not such a good friend. 

I'm sorry but I am not convinced that Kyle is happily married. I've seen the video of the her attacking the woman flirting with Mauricio while he looks amused (which has mysteriously been wiped from the web! What happened to that video that was all over the web at one point?)

Kyle has lots of good friends like the MCFR. With good friends like this, who needs LVP?

LVP herself said that she doesn’t think Dorit ever thought Lucy would wind up in a shelter.

I’ve always said I wish Kyle and the other ladies showed LVP more support this season. It was the worst time for a pile-on. I do think Kyle genuinely thought LVP was behind the Lucy story getting out and thought she had to be honest. If it were me personally, I wouldn’t have gone there even if I had suspected something. There wasn’t proof. 

I do think Kyle and Mauricio are happily married, and I wouldn’t want some drunk woman all over my husband either. I remember she apparently asked Mauricio if his wife takes care of him. Gross and unacceptable. That wasn’t harmless flirting as far as I’m concerned. 

The other women have their fair share of shady friends. Kyle’s hardly the only one. LVP is a very bright woman who has a lot of heart, but for some reason she befriends a number of shady folks. 

• Love 2