Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Janine LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

A year since her weight loss journey began, Janine is still in the 500s and mostly immobile, and now, Dr. Nowzaradan is running out of options for how to treat her if she can't find  way to control her eating habit and start walking again. 

It's another "Where Are They Now?" episode, following up on Janine, the scooter queen.  Will she get her gastric balloon removed?  Will she get surgery? Will she scoot her way all around town?  

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will open during the US East Coast and West Coast showings. 

Original air date 2019.05.29

• Love 2
(edited)

Hi all! No eating habit so far tonight. It was starting to rain as I was leaving work (well, again; I managed to leave the building during a lull and it started again as I got on the road). By the time I wended my way to the highway that leads to my house it was getting heavier, traffic was backed up in the turn lane and on the highway, and the sky was scary dark. So I went straight across and pulled into Wawa and stayed there for at least half an hour (about 15 minutes for the tornado warning to pass, then another 15-20 for the rain to let up enough that I felt okay driving). I bought a chocolate milk while I was there (I figured it was the least I could do for the shelter) but I’m not really hungry.

I don’t know if I remember Janine. Don’t remember how snarkworthy she was. Hope she’s doing well. Let’s see, shall we?

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 10

I need a really good episode that will take my mind away. My 40 yr old horse died suddenly, had a seizure in front of me. Reminding me that my son has seizures. I need an Angie J but Janine doesn’t bode well for getting my mind off of being sad and turning to snark 😢

I'm here, I'm rolling on painkillers and dribbling chocolate milk out of my mouth in between drool sessions but I'm here. Maybe this show will entice me to lick pathetically at a pudding cup.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

Hi Pounders! How y'all doing? How's everyone's eating habit? I had leftover breakfast bread pudding, made with Tuscan pane, eggs, cream, spinach, kale and beet greens, pancetta, onion, and cheese. Carbs AND fat! followed with a small piece of orange cake. 

• Love 10
Just now, hoosiermom said:

Hi fellow pounders. No food yet today. Maybe later.

Are you waiting to see if this episode kills your appetite?😂

• LOL 10
Just now, Azubah said:

Oh, this chick.

It's not 2 minutes in and she's whining about, "It hurts." I don't have much sympathy for her.  Any bets on how she turns out?

• Love 7

Oh boy, this is going to be non-stop excitement tonight! No? 

Heh Pounders, let's get ready to rumble!

We're in a serious heatwave here so tonight's eating habit will be a salad at some point; too hot to cook anything.

• Love 6
Just now, Wanda said:

I need a really good episode that will take my mind away. My 40 yr old horse died suddenly, had a seizure in front of me. Reminding me that my son has seizures. I need an Angie J but Janine doesn’t bode well for getting my mind off of being sad and turning to snark 😢

I am SO SORRY!!! 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

I'm sorry😢

• Love 5
1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Evening all.  It's finally Wed night.  The one night I look forward to all week.

Holy crap I am pathetic.

Hey, I spent all day yesterday thinking it was Wed and was frantic when I couldn't find this on TV...only to finally figure out that yesterday was Tuesday.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Howdy all......yes, this is the highlight of my week too!  How sad am I?  Happy to be here with my fellow Pounders - my eating habit consisted of a roast beef sandwich, coleslaw and potato chips.  Had fresh strawberries and blueberries for dessert.  I think blueberries are right up there with grapes as a "gateway" fruit.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I don't need a scooter but damned if I don't want one. I remember "borrowing" my grandpa's, throwing it from Tortoise to Hare speed (and he had messed with it to make it faster) and doing doughnuts in the basement. Whee!

• LOL 12
1 minute ago, aliya said:

It's not 2 minutes in and she's whining about, "It hurts." I don't have much sympathy for her.  Any bets on how she turns out?

I’d like to say she fails spectacularly, but that’s because I hated her so much in her first episode.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I have the strongest urge to go get a can of whipped cream, and try squirting it in my mouth the way she did, of course, I'd probably miss.      I would like to thank Janine for the hunky firemen on her episode.     I love her sense of style, a great change from the usual.     I'm really hoping for her.   

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
Just now, ThereButFor said:

I’d like to say she fails spectacularly, but that’s because I hated her so much in her first episode.

I read that as "falls spectacularly" and I was like, "It has been awhile since we had those two fallers this season. I could be down."

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Midnightblue said:

Hey, I spent all day yesterday thinking it was Wed and was frantic when I couldn't find this on TV...only to finally figure out that yesterday was Tuesday.

I did that a few weeks ago...

• LOL 2

I am still in the breakfast room finishing my dessert so I have seen nothing and at the moment cannot remember this person.

My eating habit is grilled salmon, buttered asparagus, and a side salad.  Dessert is a lemon meringue pie (temptations by jello) stuffed into a Pepperidge Farm puff pastry. 
Very yummy, and very filling. 

• Love 6