Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Janine

• Start Topic

When I saw Janine's first episode, I christened her "Hot Wheels." I didn't realise her last name was Wheeler until the WATN; it was icing on the cake. XD

She is an asshole of the highest (lowest?) caliber; only a narcissist would fuss at someone they almost hit with their scooter. Fuck you, Janine. I have a back injury and can't move that fast and people like you scare me deeply.

• Love 6

"Not the way I wanted toooo-hoo-hoooooooo." 

Girl, PLEASE. My three year old throws more convincing temper tantrums over her brother moving her dollhouse from the couch to the c floor.   You'd think he broke her little leg with the tears and crying. 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, PaTatertots said:

"Not the way I wanted toooo-hoo-hoooooooo." 

Girl, PLEASE. My three year old throws more convincing temper tantrums over her brother moving her dollhouse from the couch to the c floor.   You'd think he broke her little leg with the tears and crying. 

Hey there @PaTatertots, that was a really weird scene even for Janine. Wasn't that the one where she transferred her big booty, successfully mind you, from the bed to her scooter? I can't remember since there were so many meltdowns. I also remember her hysterically screaming and there were people in the scene trying to help her. I recall that particular scene made my skin crawl. Sorry, but if I was in any way connected to her, at some point I would have to say "Could you please fucking give it a rest just once and not freak out over every little thing!"

• Love 3
4 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

The screaming bloody murder.

I didn't make a sound when they made me stand up after my back surgery. I just did it, because you have to move after surgery. I took a deep breath and stood up, and even though it hurt, it was marvelous to move my limbs, which had not been voluntarily moved for almost 2 days. I could not believe Janine's caterwauling. She wasn't even close to being in the amount of pain she was screaming to be. Er, claiming to be. 

• Love 2
On 7/25/2020 at 3:24 AM, DC Gal in VA said:

Hey there @PaTatertots, that was a really weird scene even for Janine. Wasn't that the one where she transferred her big booty, successfully mind you, from the bed to her scooter? I can't remember since there were so many meltdowns. I also remember her hysterically screaming and there were people in the scene trying to help her. I recall that particular scene made my skin crawl. Sorry, but if I was in any way connected to her, at some point I would have to say "Could you please fucking give it a rest just once and not freak out over every little thing!"

Lots of her... I wanna say reactions (but she was alone and dramatically sobbing into a Kleenex too)were way over the top. With eyes as dry as the Sahara. Like "Why can't I just stand up?" All she needed was to fling herself across the bed and she's be an old school Disney princess crying into her pillow. I definitely see where the self centered niece got her dramatics. But those hospital meltdowns were something else! Pretty sure patients heard her four floors down she was caterwauling and carrying on so! 

Her constant talking drives me crazy too, even though her episodes are some of my favorites to watch (I seem to catch something new almost every time). I wonder if it's just a thing she does because she's alone, to keep herself from feeling so lonely, and then she gets excited to be around people and can't shut up. The nurses know what up and over means, they don't need instructions on how to lift the "big leg". Dr. Now knows you haven't stood before him to show sagging skin, no need to be all "Heehee, I've never done this for you before!". She didn't even notice that he didn't actually ask about her cat or all of that information. Dr. Now simply said she'd have time to make arrangements for him to be cared for and she babbled about that cat being her child. My reaction was the same as the good doc's: "Heh. Cool." 

Edited by PaTatertots
  • Love 4
On 7/22/2020 at 8:38 PM, Chicklet said:

Is she the one who won't get out of bed after surgery? Everyone is blending together.

Yes, they all start to blend together for me too! I wish that at the start there would be a small picture of who we are snarking about now, as I get confused after so many people, so many seasons!

And I never take my measuring spoons off the ring! Are you kidding?! My husband would lose every single one of them, because even though he has his own tools, there are certain kitchen items of mine that he likes to just 'borrow' that work just as well, and he doesn't have to go out to his work shop to bring his own inside the house. So they stay on that little ring, hanging on for dear life!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

My opinion is that Dr. Now didn't react to Janine's monologue about everything she needed to do before she went in the hospital, because she dithers endlessly if anyone listens to her.     She was more worried about getting back to her food supply at home, than anything else.    The fact that Dr. Now had just informed her that she had a life threatening infection, and she ignored that, and started babbling on about what she needed to do before going to the hospital.  

• Love 7
On 8/4/2020 at 5:03 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

My opinion is that Dr. Now didn't react to Janine's monologue about everything she needed to do before she went in the hospital, because she dithers endlessly if anyone listens to her.

You hit the nail on the head. She's chronically self-absorbed and socially awkward to the point that she couldn't read a room to save her food supply. I think her brand of social awkwardness stems from narcissism rather than some kind of spectrum disorder. She is exactly like the obese women I have known in my life who suffered trauma and chose to become self-medicating, self-pampering, self-obsessive assholes who emote all over the place and expect others to haul around their emotional baggage for them.

• Love 2