Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Janine

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're rerunning the original Janine episode from 5-7 p.m. Central today (June 10).    Don't miss her epic meltdown trying to get on the plane to Houston.      She's also the one who rode her scooter through the McDonald's drive thru.    

Janine is doing the usual "I wasn't big until later", but she was big as a baby, and as a toddler, and was always very overweight. 

I would like to thank her for the melt down in Dallas (on her second try to fly to Houston) when she had to get off the plane.   That maneuver required at least 10 hunky firemen/EMTs.     

Later on in the episode, she gained 60 lbs, and claims it must have happened in the last week.     At least when she had to go to the hospital, she worried about her cat (I think she boarded the cat). 

I anyone is squeamish (after all of these shows, this still bothers me when nothing else does) don't watch the gastric balloon procedure at the end.     

Dr Now should have told her the balloon was actually a Twinkie.  She would have inhaled that thingy like air.

• LOL 9
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If anyone is squeamish (after all of these shows, this still bothers me when nothing else does) don't watch the gastric balloon procedure at the end.     

The way she cried and carried on was kind of amusing to me.  She just wanted the surgery and was not at all happy to be told the balloon was the only option she was getting.

• Love 2
(edited)

And now to the not very happily ever after WATN.  

With all of the whipped creme swallowing, and shoveling a chunk of waffles, then why didn't she swallow the balloon device easier? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh Lordy, why oh why don't I have any liquor for this!

lol...I finished my vodka last week and I now have zero alcohol in my house, except for the miniscule amount in the Irish Cream Brownie ice cream (which is not enough to prevent it being sold outside a liquor store).

ETA: just googled out of curiosity - "The [Häagen-Dazs Spirits collection] products have 0.5 percent alcohol by volume, which is the same amount found in a nonalcoholic beer."

• Useful 2

Missed her current weight.

She just said that she doesn't like feeling FULL all the time, referencing the gastric balloon.

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Do you think it's too hard for her? I have that suspicion that it might be too hard for her.

Gee, I dunno, maybe. But do you know if she really, really wants Dr. Now to give her WLS? Not sure if she mentioned that.......... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Gee, I dunno, maybe. But do you know if she really, really wants Dr. Now to give her WLS? Not sure if she mentioned that.......... 

Too bad he can't sew her mouth shut while he's at it. Less food, less whining. I see it as a win win.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

So she goes for a weigh in, and kicks off her slippers?   That saved a whole 8 ounces.   And she only lost 7 lbs.    Here comes the phony crying session.

No. Dr. Paradise, Janine was huge in her first pictures, so she was always huge.   Dr. Paradise making a house call.   And here come the phony tears again.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Maybe Dr. Now should hire a dentist to add locking braces to these guys. But then there are milkshakes they can drink.

But less whining.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 2

Does anyone remember this classic scene from the movie Airplane? These two episodes with Janine, especially her meltdown on TWO planes, reminded me of that scene:

In my fantasy, Janine is the passenger and we're all lined up for the beatdown. Then we proceed to party and drink every last one of those teeny tiny bottles on board!😊

• LOL 8

You can tell when the film crew is sick of someone, and the recap of the worst moments of Janine showed exactly what they think about her.   Portion control isn't a secret, she just needed to actually do it.   She'll feel better with the Lymphedema off, and it's 20 lbs gone.  

I hate Colt-ee, and his new girlfriend puts the cheap in cheap trash.   I hate her laugh.  

• Love 1

She looked so sad when she was making that salad. 

Well, you know, a salad isn't half as delicious as a box of blueberry flavored Eggos, a dozen sausage patties, and fresh strawberries covered in aerosol whipped cream.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Well, you know, a salad isn't half as delicious as a box of blueberry flavored Eggos, a dozen sausage patties, and fresh strawberries covered in aerosol whipped cream.

I have to ask, is your screen name a reference to Charlotte Corday?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

[Hides blueberry nutri-grain waffles behind the frozen veggies]

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Is she the one who won't get out of bed after surgery? Everyone is blending together.

I think it was Pauline but it could have been Penny. I get those two confused. Unfortunately, I believe that there have been several poundticipants who did that.

• Love 1
(edited)

So the mass was 16, but the fluid added up to about 40 lbs.   Dr. Now is such an optimist about Janine, but he's going to be wrong again, isn't he? 

So he brought the Moby Dick size wheel chair?   Did she have to moon the camera crew, and Dr. Now again?  Anything for attention.   Screaming like that over moving to a wheel chair?   Again with the tears, but noting coming from her eyes.  

So they expect two people to hoist her to her feet?   (And now you see how Janine got the nickname "Shit Stain Janine")

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I have to ask, is your screen name a reference to Charlotte Corday?

Indeed! It should have been mllecorday as Charlotte was not married (or even more accurate, citoyennecorday) but I adopted the screen name during the good ole days of TWoP when once you chose a screen name, that was it. But after all these years I'm as tied to that screen name as my own given name. 🙂

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Indeed! It should have been mllecorday as Charlotte was not married (or even more accurate, citoyennecorday) but I adopted the screen name during the good ole days of TWoP when once you chose a screen name, that was it. But after all these years I'm as tied to that screen name as my own given name. 🙂

I thought it might be. When I was in college, my school's theater department did a production of Marat/Sade. That was my introduction to Charlotte. 

• Love 1

She really is a histrionic, petulant beeotch! And you're right @CrazyInAlabama, she's an expert in the old squeeze eyes shut, contort and screw up her face, fakety fake crying school of melodrama. This go 'round I'm really seeing what an arrogant, know-it-all asshole she is; everyone is wrong and doesn't understand 'cause she so special.

And sorry, not sorry, she still doesn't look like someone who's lost over 270 pounds; still looks like an over-inflated beach ball with a very wide load.

• Love 1

Janine is so off emotionally. She tries to be kind and charming,  almost flirting with Dr. Now. I simply cannot imagine how bored she must be and how sad her life is. Shocked that she made the strides she did.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'd forgotten how exhausting Janine is. She's either being manipulative with "charm" and supposed self-awareness, or she's being a histrionic drama queen with a non-existent tolerance for discomfort. No wonder she turns to food.

Edited by ClareWalks
Typo - for, not fir
  • Love 5
(edited)

Janine is now selling some kind of stuff on her FB page, (apparently it's some MLM jewelry selling stuff).    She actually took a vacation many months ago, and flew, and enjoyed it.     

She still looks like a deflated beach ball, but is smaller than she used to be.     I'm guessing still way over 300 lbs.   I went to bed halfway through the WATN, so she finally got surgery.    I don't imagine she'll be a long-term success story either.  

(My measuring spoons are on the ring, so they're all in one place on the few occasions when I actually use them.  It's easy, just have the one you need sticking out, and the others are still clean, and I rinse the one I used, and dry it.    If you're lazy enough, it works.  

I can sum up Janine in one scene, where she almost ran over a man at the airport, and then yelled at him when he objected to her swerving her powerful scooter all over the walkway.   She's so selfish.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, ams1001 said:

She uses her measuring spoons while they're still on the ring. Who does that?

Not wanting to be compared to Whiny,Squinty Janine, I do!  Then, I have to wash the whole bundle for just using the tablespoon,  lol. 

As someone who has had several abdominal surgeries (C-Section, gall bladder, exploratory) the worst thing you can do is not stand up immediately after surgery. The longer you wait,  the more painful it is. 

I remember her first episode with her massive scooter ramming people in the airport. I remember one man yelling at her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Not wanting to be compared to Whiny,Squinty Janine, I do!  Then, I have to wash the whole bundle for just using the tablespoon,  lol. 

I have two sets of measuring spoons, each set connected by a ring.  Never occurred to me to separate them.  They're easier to find when they're all hooked together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Janine is now selling some kind of stuff on her FB page, (apparently it's some MLM jewelry selling stuff).    She actually took a vacation many months ago, and flew, and enjoyed it.     

She still looks like a deflated beach ball, but is smaller than she used to be.     I'm guessing still way over 300 lbs.   I went to bed halfway through the WATN, so I'm guessing she finally got surgery?    I don't imagine she'll be a long-term success story either.  

(My measuring spoons are on the ring, so they're all in one place on the few occasions when I actually use them.  It's easy, just have the one you need sticking out, and the others are still clean, and I rinse the one I used, and dry it.    If you're lazy enough, it works.  

I can sum up Janine in one scene, where she almost ran over a man at the airport, and then yelled at him when he objected to her swerving her powerful scooter all over the walkway.   She's so selfish.    

Yes, she finally got her WLS after goodness knows how many "last" chances. People like her are so lucky to not have someone like me as a WLS surgeon instead of Dr. Now. I would have kicked her passive-aggressive, fake crying ample ass, which she never had any shame in showing to anyone, to the nearest curb. I hope that she appreciates that she owes her very life to Dr. Now. I have to admit that I was surprised as her successful 400 pound weight loss and do give her credit for that accomplishment.

BTW, add me to those who keep their measuring spoons on the ring. I really don't have a problem with washing just the one I use carefully LOL.😊 I prefer that to trying to keep them together in my kitchen drawers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Thanks for remembering that Janine received a gastric sleeve.    I couldn't stay up after the first half of the WATN.         Actually, I was getting sleepy, but I also had reached my limit of disrespecting Dr. Now, the nursing and aide staff, the PT people, and everyone who was trying to help her.        I don't know if she was fired by Dr. Now, or if she quit, but I'm glad we'll never see her on our TV's again.  (The fired or quit was from some article about where she is now, I'm not even sure where the article was from).     

• Love 1