Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Janine

• Start Topic

For anyone who might have been puzzled by this exchange

20 HOURS AGO, ALIYA SAID:

As Mrs. Slocombe would say, "Weak as water. Weak as water."

I said:  But Mrs. Slocombe would like her pussy!

Here's a YT video with some of Mrs. Slocombe. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

At the wig shop, I giggled my ass off when the camera zoomed in on the LOLA wig 😆

Does anyone know off hand which season/episode Janine first appeared?  I can't seem to locate it and I must have missed her original appearance.  

I didn't actively dislike Janine in this episode, but I'll reserve judgment until I see her debut.  

Janine was originally shown in season 6 episode 2.  That is when we first got to enjoy the scooter trip to the drive through for chicken nuggets.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Scratches19 said:

The wig salon scene. 

Am I the only one who thought of Roger the alien from American Dad as she tried on the various wigs and it transformed her identity? 

349F2064-877D-48AA-B7B3-B3ACBA94EE3D.gif

Omg, I am dead, lol. That blonde wig looked horrendous and I thought for a moment that the sales lady was going to talk her into it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, JJ1 said:

I assumed TLC simply hired him for the storyline. 

That's the only thing that makes sense.  He's getting his 15 minutes of shame fame.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Janine was originally shown in season 6 episode 2.  That is when we first got to enjoy the scooter trip to the drive through for chicken nuggets.

None of these people have any shame.  I can imagine the pictures out there of her and her scooter and the drive through yelling into the speaker.  

And the lack of underwear is appalling. When they dragged her to another room, she had on an xtra large hospital gown that wouldn’t go all the way around her.  The nurses kept trying to cover her up while she was wailing about her legs. Then when they lifted her off the wheelchair there was a big shit stain.  No different than a farm animal going to the vet and just as unaware. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I listened more than watched because I was compulsively working on a jigsaw  puzzle, which I love and which also helps keep me from eating out of boredom**

There's a site called Jigsaw Explorer I use sometimes (no good place for a real puzzle here). You can choose the number of pieces (from like 6 to around 1000) to make it as easy or hard as you want. They even have "mystery" puzzles where they only show you part of the picture.

27 minutes ago, Friday said:

That's the only thing that makes sense.  He's getting his 15 minutes of shame fame.

Must post this since you said that. (Contains one curse word.)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Janine reminded me of that other Poundticipant whose name eludes me who took up with her high school ex-boyfriend and couldn't keep his name out of her mouth for a second. 

Erica.  I don’t think she uttered a single sentence that did not include “Jimmy”.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, DropTheSoap said:

I did see a little bit near the end last night I’m hoping Frankenstein-looking boyfriend was a first date when she was dropping trou at Dr. Now’s while wearing the Halloween wig

I liked her wig, and thought she literally looked like a completely different person, far younger.

6 hours ago, nokat said:

I think there is some unsaid priority that Janine likes to take advantage of. Scooter means she's more important. If she walks, then she's just another pedestrian.

Good point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

Here's a YT video with some of Mrs. Slocombe. 

I love that show.   I remember having to explain that bit of humor to my 7 y/o daughter who loved the show.  

10 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

There's a site called Jigsaw Explorer I use sometimes (no good place for a real puzzle here). You can choose the number of pieces (from like 6 to around 1000) to make it as easy or hard as you want. They even have "mystery" puzzles where they only show you part of the picture.

I use one called jigzone.com.   I may have to try the one you mentioned.  I started doing them online because otherwise my cat would take the loose pieces away and hide them (usually in shoes).

She sounds like a teen with the 'boyfriend" because her emotional development is stunted. I cracked up when she said they were dating exclusively; it's not as though she had dozens of suitors beating down her door.

I missed the first part last night so I re-watched some of it.  Didn't take too long as I ff'd thru all the whinging ( which took up most of the program).   

I am on the fence about how well she will do--especially if/when the bf dumps her.

I did some math--at the beginning he told her she was 550 pounds above what she should weigh at 5'3" (128) and toward the very end it sounds like her goal weight is 170ish which for her height I think would be on the borderline between overweight and obese, but a vast improvement over where she started.   At 55, I doubt she will get to 128.   

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Stiggs said:

I got literally nervous watching Janine speed around on her death bullet. 

My husband and I have seen some doozies of scooter-people stunts on cruises. The ones who barrel down the outside deck expecting you to just give way can be a special kind of fun. 

My husband and I were in a glass elevator once when a scooter came zipping in as soon as the door opened. No waiting to see if anyone was trying to get out, and no stopping until her scooter rammed into the back of the elevator car. I had visions of the scooter sailing right out the back of the car into the central atrium and free-falling to the dance floor. Alas...

On another trip, there was a scooter-woman traveling with her husband. He always walked beside her or just behind her, but that didn’t stop her from talking to him... with her head turned towards him or looking over her shoulder at him while toodling along, merrily bumping into folks and running up the ankles of people ahead of her. She even did that at the buffet restaurant.

At least Janine never went to sea...

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, LeesburgLee said:

My husband and I were in a glass elevator once when a scooter came zipping in as soon as the door opened. No waiting to see if anyone was trying to get out, and no stopping until her scooter rammed into the back of the elevator car. I had visions of the scooter sailing right out the back of the car into the central atrium and free-falling to the dance floor. Alas...

Love this visual!!

• Love 6

Janine's follow-up episode had a lot of surprises for me. Here are some general thoughts I've had while watching:

• I think this may be the most surgery we've seen someone have in one episode: lymphedema removal, gastric balloon extraction, and sleeve gastrectomy. And she had knee surgery and skin removal coming up shortly. I must admit that Dr. Now outdid himself on the franken-stitching on Janine's right leg -- he even created a pointy bump of flesh near the knee. 😉 I would venture the guess that Janine's stomach must have shrunk quite a bit on its own, given how late in the journey she received the sleeve, because the amount of stomach removed from her was not that large.
  • I was surprised to see Janine using the scooter so much toward the end, when she was down to around 250 pounds and was able to use the walker fairly well. Was it due to 'scooter addiction' as Dr. Now commented, or perhaps her knees were still too painful? But for her last appointment of the episode with Dr. Now, she 'cheated' by taking the scooter all the way to his waiting room, and then using the walker only to go from the waiting room to the exam room, so he would think she was no longer using it! You may have received some momentary praise from the doctor, Janine, but he'll know what you did when he sees the video!
  • I liked the wig! It was flattering for her, and she looked a lot younger, too.
  • I was surprised that none of her brothers went to Houston for any of her surgeries. Only that one sister-in-law Susan and Rachel the niece the first one, and for the WLS only Susan was there. Maybe her brothers don't care for her, or they have some bad history.
  • I was surprised to see her start dating toward the end. Janine impresses me as someone with low self-confidence and as a highly fearful person, especially of the unknown. I think that's why she would cry and scream whenever someone tried to get her to stand or walk, or even when she was being moved from say a bed to a stretcher. Every little unexpected sensation would frighten her, and she'd worry that something terrible would go wrong, which might put her into a worse situation than she was already in. She didn't have the confidence in her own strength nor in the medical staff trying to help her. It wasn't that she thinks she knows everything, or knows better than the pros, but that she fears everything. But as we saw, that fear worked against her after the lymphedema surgery when she wouldn't stand and walk, and so her legs got weaker than they had been previously. So I was surprised to see she had the self-confidence to offer herself as a potential girlfriend, even with the wig and with the weight-loss. But it did seem important to her, so I'm glad she was able to find someone.
  • Janine can be fairly delusional, though, as happens with many of the poundticipants. When she had expected Dr. Now to praise her for having lost five pounds when she should have lost something like fifty, that was just nonsense. She couldn't see it as the failure it was.
  • I noticed in the live chat that a few people found Dr. Now to be mumbling and difficult to hear. I didn't find that with the Amazon video, so they may have done something to correct it, but I also keep the subtitles turned on, which helps.

I wish Janine continued success, in all aspects of life.

• Love 15

I can’t believe how much better she looked with that wig on! Wow! I remember her original episode and at first it looked like she was going to continue on that path of doom. I hope she is continuing to do well.  

• Love 9

While I do suspect she was in some pain I think she has trained herself to scream loudly both for the sympathy she craves and to get people to stop asking her to move or stand. In private I doubt she carries on a fraction of what she does for the camera and any onlooker.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Lemons said:

None of these people have any shame.  I can imagine the pictures out there of her and her scooter and the drive through yelling into the speaker.  

And the lack of underwear is appalling. When they dragged her to another room, she had on an xtra large hospital gown that wouldn’t go all the way around her.  The nurses kept trying to cover her up while she was wailing about her legs. Then when they lifted her off the wheelchair there was a big shit stain.  No different than a farm animal going to the vet and just as unaware. 

Amen ,I kept thinking ,she has no sense of shame or pride  like the majority of these patients ,its more a mental illness more than a weight issue ..

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ProTourist said:

I think this may be the most surgery we've seen someone have in one episode: lymphedema removal, gastric balloon extraction, and sleeve gastrectomy. And she had knee surgery and skin removal coming up shortly. I must admit that Dr. Now outdid himself on the franken-stitching on Janine's right leg -- he even created a pointy bump of flesh near the knee. 😉 I would venture the guess that Janine's stomach must have shrunk quite a bit on its own, given how late in the journey she received the sleeve, because the amount of stomach removed from her was not that large. 

I really like the surgeries, part of the reason I watch.  I think the pointy bump resulted where 2 lines of stitches met.  It doesn't matter if the stitches look neat or not as long as he properly matches up the skin, because the stitches will come out.  Also it will take the scarred skin months to contract so it would be interesting to see if she still has a bump there a year later.  If so, it may be a keloid or a hypertrophic scar. 

I am not a doctor nor do I often play one on stage;  Mr Twopper had a lot of MOHs surgery recently, and the doctor talked to us a lot about stitches and scarring.

• Love 8
(edited)

Dear Janine:  If you read this forum please smile at our snark--it is all part of your therapy.   Please understand we never thought you would succeed after the first failed 45 minutes (oops I mean 3 years).   I hope you continue to make forward progress.  Just count your lucky stars you have not become one of the ten most hated poundticipants.

Yours truly,

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

I really like the surgeries, part of the reason I watch.  I think the pointy bump resulted where 2 lines of stitches met.  It doesn't matter if the stitches look neat or not as long as he properly matches up the skin, because the stitches will come out. 

You could see that pointy bump when he was stitching her up.  I couldn’t believe he was just leaving it like that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

You could see that pointy bump when he was stitching her up.  I couldn’t believe he was just leaving it like that.  

I noticed it then too, and was surprised as well. Perhaps he figured it would be corrected later, after further weight loss and skin removal surgery on her legs, but Janine shouldn't have to deal with that weird protrusion on her leg for a year or longer.

• Love 2
On 5/29/2019 at 11:01 PM, Meowwww said:

I found her thoroughly unlikeable.  Bunny-boilerish. No idea why....well, ok, the screaming and acting precious contributed.  

Her “happy happy joy joy” voiceovers really bugged.  

EHh I didn't care for her either. Nothing else was on last night so I hung around.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Must post this since you said that. (Contains one curse word.)

Thanks for pointing me to Jigsaw Explorer! I am going to have some fun with this. 

• Love 2

Finally watched the episode, where to begin...

I love her reasoning behind not liking the balloon procedure, that it made her feel too FULL. I hate when I'm feeling full and don't want eat as much when I'm on a diet! So annoying.

I agree with those saying she loves being taken care of and getting all that attention when in the hospital, and feeling special when using the scooter. I can't stand how her voice is always quivering, she sounds like she's about to break down crying any second (except for when she's acting all cutesy to Dr. Now, barf).

Her niece always sounds like she's at an audition for a dramatic Lifetime movie.

I will say even though the wig color was a bit much and didn't look nautral, she did look far better with it on. Crazy how different she looks without the joker hair.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ProTourist said:

I noticed it then too, and was surprised as well. Perhaps he figured it would be corrected later, after further weight loss and skin removal surgery on her legs, but Janine shouldn't have to deal with that weird protrusion on her leg for a year or longer.

Why?  It is not  quality of life issue.  There are consequences to gaining  all that weight and having an easily concealed growth is one of the least issues she is dealing with going forward. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Why?  It is not  quality of life issue.  There are consequences to gaining  all that weight and having an easily concealed growth is one of the least issues she is dealing with going forward. 

With all the bad things Janine has done to herself, this wasn't one of them. Dr. Now created that protrusion in what looked like some sloppy stitching during her lymphedema removal -- which means it could have been avoided. Yes, with all the issues she still has to deal with going forward, why add to them unnecessarily?

It may be hidden most of the time -- I doubt that Janine will be wearing shorts or shorter dresses/skirts yet -- but she does have a boyfriend now and might have a sexual relationship with him. I don't mean to imply that it's a huge issue, just one that could have been avoided. People here have discussed the way Dr. Now stitches people up and the big scars that are left behind, so I didn't think my comment was out of line.

• Love 7

The protrusion on her thigh bothered me because it is likely to rub and could become an issue.  Given all of her issues, she does not need another area that could tear open and get infected.  So, to me, this should be corrected. Dr. Now's frankenstitches always bother me.  Many of these folks are more prone to infection so you want to close wounds as well as possible.  

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Many of these folks are more prone to infection so you want to close wounds as well as possible.  

Well, we do need to remember that he is removing a large mass from someone in a compromised medical situation, and he mentions that he must work quickly because they need to spend as little time as possible under anesthesia.  If it is a hypertrophic scar it should eventually disappear in a year or two, and if not it can probably be removed.   I do wish he had explained this when he was examining her abdomen.  One thing I have learned from the show is that if you get too obese the lower part of your abdomen develops what looks like a frontal crack that is very unattractive.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Here are a couple of screenshots that show the misalignment of the flesh when Janine's thigh is stitched closed, and then the resulting protrusion after it heals. Just so we can all see what we've been discussing. So not a scar per se, but a misshapen area. Peace out.  ✌️ ✌️

FrankenStitching.thumb.jpg.24d2a19edb682b3319730a684008b8a9.jpg

Protrusion.thumb.jpg.7b5fe0daebdff04b5d80d925dbf81429.jpg

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Dr. Now is not the guy I’d go to for skin removal surgery, but I’d need deep pockets to go to a plastic surgeon. I kinda get why that isn’t an option for most people

Janine’s boyfriend resembles Neil Young. He already was in purse holding mode, so I kinda wanna know what rock these guys come out from, and what the deal is with these types of men getting serious so fast, and are quick to say how they were so immediately  attracted to “her mind” because the guys I meet are all about the body. 

He must like being part of the support staff for Janine’s simpering fakery.

Anyone else break out into giggles when Janine was trying to haul her bare ass up and onto the supersized wheelchair?   “Owwwww mahhhh leggggg!”😝

The wig was an amazing transformation for her. 

Dr Now getting visible uncomfortable with Jan’s extremely niceness, and borderline flirting.  “Oh I luv to see you smile!”   🤮  “ thanks for mentioning my cat. That means so much to meeee!”

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

I wonder if the funky stitching that we often see is due to the fact that the area Dr. Now is stitching is very lumpy & bumpy to begin with.  It's not like stitching up a straight cut, but rather trying to hold two pieces of very badly misshapen skin, just so it can heal, as it can be corrected later.

I looked at Janine's Facebook page, and I see no evidence of Doug.  Anyone know if they are still dating?  

She obviously has some deep childhood psychological wounds going on.  I don't recall her first episode, but she did say she was adopted.  I wonder if there was abuse....seems there almost had to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, ProTourist said:

You know something? I've just noticed that the person on the cover of Dr. Now's book appears to be riding a scooter. Not nearly so deluxe as Janine's, though.

Dr Now has a book?  Who knew?  well, I guess you did.    Has anyone read it?

• Love 2
On 5/30/2019 at 4:06 PM, calpurnia99 said:

There is a condition, which is very common, very similar to Male Pattern baldness known as Male Pattern Baldness in Women or Androgenetic Alopecia. Bald men are not bald because they did not get enough iron. She has all the signs of androgenetic alpecia.  There is nothing you can do about it, except try rogaine when it first starts, same as men.

Your friend had a type of alopecia from surgery, it is usually temporary from shock to the system.  This is known as Telogen Effluvium. Also surgery can cause Pressure Alopecia. This is not the kind of thinning hair that Janine has, since she had it well before the surgery.

Yes, I've heard of that but she said it started to fall out after her surgery, which leads me to believe she is not getting enough nutrition, moreover iron, specifically her ferritin may be low.  Last year I had a medication reaction which caused me to stop eating, and my hair was falling out.  In desperation I searched online for any clues and was intrigued to find that high ferritin levels are needed to grow hair, and iron needs to be combined with vit C.  My own issue resolved and I started eating again and thus my hair loss stopped, but I am glad I found this out anyway.  

• Love 4

Regarding the pointed area at the end of one of Janine's lymphedema closures, I had 2 of those after a bilateral mastectomy. They are known as "dog ears." If there is a lot of fat and tissue removed, the skin doesn't match up flatly.  Plastic surgeons have a technique of extending the cut further out the end at an oblique angle and basically taking off the corner.  My cancer surgeon was not an artist, and I had to have corrective surgery later.

• Useful 12
  • Love 2

Just finished watching and didn't like her the first go around and didn't like her any more this time.  First time she was horribly depressed like so many and totally understandable.  And this time she doesn't seem to have depression so it's the real her and no excuses.  

She's annoying AF.  Especially at the end holding her palms together against her face like a toddler.

Like others who lost a lot of weight, and good for her -- 400 pounds, gravity works in their favor regarding the face.

I can't believe the clinic allowed Doug to go into the examining room!  He has no standing.  Ugh, but he sure liked looking at her with her panties down,  He's creepy.  And she's a tad "off".

Oh my legs!  That should only be permitted to be uttered by those with Southern accents.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, Otter said:

I can't believe the clinic allowed Doug to go into the examining room!  He has no standing.  Ugh, but he sure liked looking at her with her panties down,  He's creepy.  And she's a tad "off".

She can bring anyone she wants into the room.   She should have told him to scram when Dr Now wanted to examine her loose skin if he didn't excuse himself first and leave the room.  I guess it didn't bother her.  For all we know, she could have also signed a release form allowing Dr Now to disclose some or all of her medical info to Doug. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

She can bring anyone she wants into the room.   She should have told him to scram when Dr Now wanted to examine her lose skin if he didn't excuse himself first and leave the room.  I guess it didn't bother her.  For all we know, she could have also signed a release form allowing Dr Now to disclose some or all of her medical info to Doug. 

Hey, Doug is part of her support staff! He needs all the info 🤣

• LOL 5

I don't remember how to multiquote so about Doug in the exam room -- I suppose it's her choice or the TLC producers.  

So inappropriate.

Like the guy she hired from CL to help her get to Houston in the first episode.  She's kind of pathetic in her need for a man,  

• Love 2
(edited)

This is finally up on YT and I was able to see the parts I missed due to the tornado.  OMGoodness, the screaming on this one.  

We had a young mother with Stage 4 breast cancer in my church a few years ago. She had chemo and radiation, wore a wig, was on pain meds, and came in with her drains. She continued to care for her 5 kids because she was afraid she was going to die and didn't want to be parted from them. She was nauseous from the meds, but bravely said to some of us, "Thank goodness I had morning sickness, so I know how to deal with this." I am sure she suffered, but when she was able to come to church, I never heard one word from her. Janine should have walked around a few wards in the hospital and see what real suffering looks like.

I don't doubt Janine was in pain from that surgery, but the best thing for her would be to work through the pain and get up and around, but, like most obesees, she wasn't willing to help herself.

Did anyone else notice the fatigue in Dr Now's voice when he brought in the 'supersized' wheelchair?  Kinda sad that this is the wench who makes him sound tired just dealing with her.

Does anyone know if she could have used a wheelchair instead of a scooter? 

Edited by aliya
eta a question
  • Love 7

She seemed off/fake to me. A little too nice. I was waiting for a big explosion where she showed a really ugly/scary side but instead she would become really pathetic/sad when she didn't want to do something. I belileve this woman had her manipulation tactics down to a tee. 

Her apartment was also really nice, so she must have a good chunk of change funding her lifestyle. One of the better housing situations we've seen on the show. 

• Love 5

I totally believe that Janine's knees and hips were painful. FFS, whose joints could survive, much less work painlessly, when your body weighs 500+ pounds? That's a LOAD to move around. Plus she had that big mass on one leg; the total of skin, fat, and fluid that Dr. Now removed in surgery was 40 pounds. 

But I'm also on Team Lose The Screaming. I know, people have different levels of pain tolerance, etc. Maybe Janine was always one of those kids who "hollered before you hit them," meaning they would be screaming and crying in pain over a tiny boo-boo or a fall, that most kids wouldn't carry on about. We've seen people on this show who were at least as big as Janine, with nasty hanging masses on their bodies, who could still walk. But Janine had quit walking - I don't know if it were physically possible but she had taken to her bed.

I don't know who turned her head around, or how they did it, but at least she finally started walking again. Maybe they convinced her that with the mass gone from her leg and her overall weight dropping, she could do it, and maybe they were kinda deaf to her hollering. If she hollered but that didn't stop them from continuing to work with her to get her standing, maybe she finally quit the hollering. 

I didn't like her fakey fakey "nice" behavior, and I didn't like her hollering, so I may be remembering wrong. But didn't she actually have either a bad knee, or bad hips, or something? 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Otter said:

Like the guy she hired from CL to help her get to Houston in the first episode.  She's kind of pathetic in her need for a man,  

Are you thinking about Angela?  Her old "boyfriend" drove her to Houston for the initial consultation.

To the best of my recollection, Janine tried to fly alone to Houston, but she had some sort of panic attack and got off the plane before it took off.   Did she have some man go with her to the airport? '

Then her next flight was not non-stop to Houston;  she deplaned when it stopped in Dallas, and Dr Now sent the mega-size ambulance to take her the rest of the way.  Her SIL I think flew down to meet her.   

27 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I totally believe that Janine's knees and hips were painful. FFS, whose joints could survive, much less work painlessly, when your body weighs 500+ pounds? That's a LOAD to move around. Plus she had that big mass on one leg; the total of skin, fat, and fluid that Dr. Now removed in surgery was 40 pounds. 

Yes, I think most of them have pain,  One of them talked about getting shots in the knee for pain so maybe they get some treatment that we don't see.

• Love 3

I wonder also after surgery they told her she would have some " discomfort " instead of saying "It's going to hurt like a s.o.b. but you push through it and it will get better? If so that and what looks to be a very low tolerance for pain and little motivation may explain SOME the the screaming we saw.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

In the initial episode, Janine hired a man off of CL to help her with errands, etc.    He drove her to the airport before the first failed flight, but wasn't going to Houston with her.     I don't remember how she got to the airport the second time, for the flight to Houston via Dallas, where she deplaned in Dallas.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Otter said:

I can't believe the clinic allowed Doug to go into the examining room!  He has no standing.  .  

The patient decides who has standing, not the medical personnel. 

I've had to accompany several friends when they've gone in for colonoscopies . . . and when it's over, I'm accompanied back to the recovery area and post-procedure paperwork and instructions are given to me.  Last time, the doctor came in when my friend had drifted back off to sleep, and she never saw him; he talked to me.  Then I help the friend get dressed before taking them home.

The funny part is how we all have a good laugh that I now have signed documents that name me as a "responsible party."  I've been called many things in my life, but never before was I given written proof that I am a responsible party!

• LOL 12
On 5/31/2019 at 9:06 PM, Twopper said:

Well, we do need to remember that he is removing a large mass from someone in a compromised medical situation, and he mentions that he must work quickly because they need to spend as little time as possible under anesthesia.  If it is a hypertrophic scar it should eventually disappear in a year or two, and if not it can probably be removed.   I do wish he had explained this when he was examining her abdomen.  One thing I have learned from the show is that if you get too obese the lower part of your abdomen develops what looks like a frontal crack that is very unattractive.

The frontal "crack" is most likely due to the linea alba, a long piece of fibrous tissue that runs from the breastbone to the pubic bone. As a person gets more obese, the LA will stretch somewhat, but eventually it can't stretch any farther and the fat pillows grow on either side of it. 

At least that would be my guess. 

• Useful 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I didn't like her fakey fakey "nice" behavior

I think 90% of her behavior is fake. I don't know who she's been dealing with in life, but as a lapsed lawyer and college professor who is used to a lot of different personality types who want something from you, I'd be on my guard with her all the time. She's the kind of person who appears nice and then becomes very needy. You think you should help her out, because she's so nice, right?, but then you get sucked into being a servant. 

I noticed on reddit how many people thought she was sweet. Nope. That is not a sweet personality. That is not a real personality. Like ALL of these obesees, they know how to manipulate people to get what they want - Janine just does it with a saccharine sweet affect, while others are verbally abusive.

Edited by aliya
'cause I know grammar.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
8 hours ago, aliya said:

I noticed on reddit how many people thought she was sweet. Nope. That is not a sweet personality. That is not a real personality. Like ALL of these obesees, they know how to manipulate people to get what they want - Janine just does it with a saccharine sweet affect, while others are verbally abusive.

I think the verbally abusive is there with Janine. She just hasn't put it on camera. Instead she went more for the fake sweet or the control through dramatic complaining.

ETA: I want an Audible copy of Dr. Now’s book read by Dr. Now. 

Edited by DropTheSoap
An audible wish
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6