Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/27/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I also dislike Dave Letterman's beard. Just awful, and makes him look 95.

I know that's currently in style for young guys, with short hair, but long beard, but it's especially bad with such a white beard.  I bet kids get confused seeing this thin Santa Claus.

I did enjoy his reaction to the Julian Assange comparison. It seemed like authentic amusement on his part.

The way I took MM's reaction to his story is that she knew it would end up as a positive, in that JM did come back on and own up. But I agree the story was a little harsh before he got to the end. It was misleading, because he was smiling while relaying a less-than-flattering story, so she's smiling along, but didn't seem appropriate to smile with what he was saying.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Eileen Dover said:

ut I agree the story was a little harsh before he got to the end. It was misleading, because he was smiling while relaying a less-than-flattering story, so she's smiling along, but didn't seem appropriate to smile with what he was saying.

That is pretty much the way Letterman does things - smile and joke while tearing someone apart.  

I remember this episode, and it was clear that Letterman was PISSED, but he turned it into a funny bit.  The next night, he said he felt like an "ugly date"  that was ditched at the last minute for a better offer.  The whole story was that JM cancelled his Letterman appearance saying he had to get back to DC -  then, at the exact time he was supposed to be taping Letterman's show, he was being interviewed by Katie Couric. And Letterman was in the next studio, so he could actually show video of it happening.  

Now, I LOVED that Letterman can appear on The View, and not just  kiss Meghan's ass about how great her father was (though he did a little of that) but also, in   his very nice, meandering, passive-aggressive way of saying, "I knew your father.  A hero, but there was one time he was a dick to me." 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

but also, in   his very nice, meandering, passive-aggressive way of saying, "I knew your father.  A hero, but there was one time he was a dick to me." 

And Meghan just sat there with a smile pasted on her face because she didn't know how to counteract a Class Act like Dave!

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Eileen Dover said:

I also dislike Dave Letterman's beard. Just awful, and makes him look 95.

I know that's currently in style for young guys, with short hair, but long beard, but it's especially bad with such a white beard

I, on the other hand (big fan since Dave's early days on daytime TV), think he's SO CUTE and his beard is so precious that it's perfect on him.  White, fluffly, clean. Wouldn't every man like have the freedom to quit shaving every day...to grow any type of beard if he can--and wants to (apparently his family doesn't object)...and what a GREAT and REAL beard it is!  

It doesn't give a hipster vibe at all.  

• Love 5
On 6/2/2019 at 1:13 AM, bannana said:

He also said he didn't know anything about bi-polar and schizophrenia.  Not sure why the latter was mentioned.

There has been a lot of "celebrity news" about Kanye's mental illness...and because (we didn't see this on "The View") Kanye discussed this with Dave--his meds for bipolar disorder--which sometimes is associated with schizophrenia.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

his meds for bipolar disorder--which sometimes is associated with schizophrenia.

Didn't realize that bipolar and schizophrenia were linked, thanks.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, bannana said:

Didn't realize that bipolar and schizophrenia were linked, thanks.

sometimes it's hard to determine the correct diagnosis, because someone with severe bipolar disorder can have psychotic features, including hallucinations and delusions, and respond to the anti-psychotic medications that help with schizophrenia.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/31/2019 at 2:48 PM, atlantaloves said:

Tamme:  I was just being sarcastic, I am sure she has unlimited coverage, but she acts like she should get her money back that she pays into insurance. I would think that her three week stay and nearly dying was well over a million. In other words, she got her money's worth and needs to shut the hell up.

Hahah ok. Thats just kind of my field so i wanted to help if i could. My sarcasticdar is in the shop as well lol

• LOL 4