Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/27/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, ching5411 said:

Even Obama was guilty of doing it to candidate Trump during the G-8 summit in 2016. They all do it. Hypocrisy is rampant on both sides of the political aisle.

I am not an American, so I could definitely be wrong, but every news show said that Trump is the first President ever to criticize an American, let alone a former Vice President, while on foreign soil.  Plus doing it while sucking up to a murdering dictator. 🙃

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Just for the record, I find Lamar Odom average looking at best.

At best is right...but I think you're too kind.  Women, women, women, what some don't tell their men!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

That Lamar Odom "interview" was so uncomfortable.   I actually switched channels during a commercial.   He was either very nervous or didn't actually write that book, or something, because he could not answer with anything other than "yeah".   One of the women would go on and on about something in the book and finally say, "Is that right, Lamar?".   "Yeah".   If he's that squishy about talking about what's in the book, maybe he shouldn't have 'written' it in the first place, if everything is too painful or embarrassing to discuss.  He clearly has issues, and I hope he's successful in overcoming them, but he really did not seem ready to be interviewed about any of this. 

I don't mean to seem judgmental because he obviously have been through a lot; it's just that I don't think he's ready to go so public about it all, or at the very least is uncomfortable discussing it in any detail.   Which I don't understand - it's all in the book already, right?

Lamar's discomfort and reticence was very odd. And strange because he did an interview about the same book on GMA and seemed normal. Maybe it was the live format? 🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

That Lamar Odom "interview" was so uncomfortable.   I actually switched channels during a commercial.   He was either very nervous or didn't actually write that book, or something, because he could not answer with anything other than "yeah".   One of the women would go on and on about something in the book and finally say, "Is that right, Lamar?".   "Yeah".   If he's that squishy about talking about what's in the book, maybe he shouldn't have 'written' it in the first place, if everything is too painful or embarrassing to discuss.  He clearly has issues, and I hope he's successful in overcoming them, but he really did not seem ready to be interviewed about any of this. 

I don't mean to seem judgmental because he obviously has been through a lot; it's just that I don't think he's ready to go so public about it all, or at the very least is uncomfortable discussing it in any detail.   Which I don't understand - it's all in the book already, right?

• Love 2
18 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Never. Her stance is usually: "Worrying about climate change is for poor people." You can replace "climate change" in that sentence with any other issue to get her stance on those, too.

I have to disagree.  I have always taken Meghan's view as only rich elite celebs worry about climate change "regular middle America " doesn't have time to care, they want jobs. Then she usually goes on to criticize the rich elites about their private jets blah blah. She's never expressed any real opinion about the environment except to criticize those that speak out on it. So,  I do agree she doesn't care.  But she continues to spew the  same bs that poor people can't be bothered.  Instead of telling her middle American blue color workers that she claims to know so well to get informed because it will affect them first. Hell it already is. But that's not as fun and bitchy as constantly bringing up Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I have to disagree.  I have always taken Meghan's view as only rich elite celebs worry about climate change "regular middle America " doesn't have time to care, they want jobs. Then she usually goes on to criticize the rich elites about their private jets blah blah. She's never expressed any real opinion about the environment except to criticize those that speak out on it. So,  I do agree she doesn't care.  But she continues to spew the  same bs that poor people can't be bothered.  Instead of telling her middle American blue color workers that she claims to know so well to get informed because it will affect them first. Hell it already is. But that's not as fun and bitchy as constantly bringing up Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio. 

The irony in poor people not caring about climate change is that the poor and middle class are the people who will feel the burden of climate change before the rich will. When the fresh water runs still and the ice roads melt, it'll be the farmers and truck drivers who feel the pain. The rich will buy up land and access to resources that will push others into congested areas where the air is a bit dirtier, the resources are more limited, etc. Meghan also says she believes in climate change. I call BS on that. If you believe in climate change, there is no way you would be so dismissive about politicians who have climate change on their list of policies they are running on. And further to that, there is no way you believe in climate change and still think it's not even in your top 30 of important issues.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan also says she believes in climate change. I call BS on that. If you believe in climate change, there is no way you would be so dismissive about politicians who have climate change on their list of policies they are running on. And further to that, there is no way you believe in climate change and still think it's not even in your top 30 of important issues.

I would love to know what her top 30 issues are.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Hey everyone,  I got tickets to my 3rd show on June 10th. Fingers crossed 🤞 There’s another MM behind the scenes meltdown or on camera temper tantrum like last time. 😆

OH GOODY!  Can't wait!

7 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

Lamar's discomfort and reticence was very odd. And strange because he did an interview about the same book on GMA and seemed normal. Maybe it was the live format? 🤔

Having been a party person back in the day in college.  He looked high as a kite but not quite high enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Hey everyone,  I got tickets to my 3rd show on June 10th. Fingers crossed 🤞 There’s another MM behind the scenes meltdown or on camera temper tantrum like last time. 😆

We should flood her Twitter feed on June 2 so she's in one of her special moods on June 3rd haha. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I would love to know what her top 30 issues are.

1. Instagram
  2. Guns
  3. Twitter
  4. Guns
  5. John McCain
  6. Guns
  7. RHWO (a bunch of them)
  8. Guns
  9. Celeb besties
  10. Guns
  11. Being "surprisingly" LGBTQ-friendly 
  12. Guns
  13. Educating Democrats about what Trump supporters think and/or what they better do or not do to win in 2020
  14. Guns
  15. Hair extensions
  16. Guns
  17. Saying she's a conservative woman
  18. Guns
  19. Repping Arizona "AZ4L!"
  20. Being pro life
  21. Guns
  22. Being pro military
  23. Guns
  24. Pointing out that she is the lone voice of conservative values on The View (Abby? Ana?)
  25. - 30. Guns

Sorry...I actually like Meghan, but y'all baited me. 😏

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, falltime said:

I didn't know today was a rerun. So this is me when I see Ana walk out then Abby right behind her.

giphy.gif

I was so confused 😆

Same here.  Abby threw me for a loop at first.  But when they were showing the tweets from POTUS it was dated April 4th.  I dont think it was a planned rerun so i wonder what happened that they had to do the rerun.

Edited by Tammee
Nvrmind, should have read up lol
  • Love 2
On 5/28/2019 at 9:10 AM, rickhurst3186 said:

Is it just me or is Whoops getting bleeped a lot during the first segment going into commercial break?

No wasnt just you.  She was trying to make a point about Standards and censors and the 7 second rule.  I had heard somewhere that it is literally a person sitting with a mute buzzer if someone goes rogue.  What a job that must be!  You must constantly be on it. No chit chat there.  Im breaking a sweat just thinking about it. 🍺😎

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Tammee said:

No wasnt just you.  She was trying to make a point about Standards and censors and the 7 second rule.  I had heard somewhere that it is literally a person sitting with a mute buzzer if someone goes rogue.  What a job that must be!  You must constantly be on it. No chit chat there.  Im breaking a sweat just thinking about it. 🍺😎

They should have that button at hand whenever Meghan opens her mouth 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Same here.  Abby threw me for a loop at first.  But when they were showing the tweets from POTUS it was dated April 4th.  I dont think it was a planned rerun so i wonder what happened that they had to do the rerun.

If you read a few posts above, the show said it would continue with its original airing after Mueller making a statement, but it ended up being preempted.  Hence the repeat.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If you read a few posts above, the show said it would continue with its original airing after Mueller making a statement, but it ended up being preempted.  Hence the repeat.

I did see that.  I figured it had to do with Mueller. The timing worked here though, it was the hour before the View came on.  Which is the first time thats ever happened.  I always have the same vision when theyre preempting the show of 45 gleefully watching saying 'take that Ladies of the View'

Edited by Tammee
Correction, read above
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

So Meghan deflects the controversy re Trump and the McCain ship to complain about the criticism she gets on social media regarding how often she mentions her father?  What?  She started off well then turned it into the All About Meghan’s Pain Show again. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So Meghan deflects the controversy re Trump and the McCain ship to complain about the criticism she gets on social media regarding how often she mentions her father?  What?  She started off well then turned it into the All About Meghan’s Pain Show again. 

Once again she Meghan conflates herself and her dad.  It is possible to talk about one without bringing up the other.

• Love 16
(edited)

Nutmeg's grandfather and great-grandfather were in the military!   Yes they were - she just said so!!   And her father too!!  

Yes, I'm being snarky, but only toward MM and her endless veneer of patriotism.   I hold Senator McCain in the highest regard; he gave almost all I had to give in service to this country, which he loved and respected and honored.   But Meghan's constant reference to him, and the military, and the flag, and yada yada is ironic.   She had just as much of an opportunity to serve the US as her father, brothers, grandfather, great-grandfather and yet she never did.   Talk is cheap.

I realize the issue probably had to be addressed today, so maybe I should give her a pass.   But only today. 

Pardon me and never mind.  I posted this in the wrong week's thread.  My post was referring to the 5/30.2019 show.😔

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Fuck off, Meghan with your verbal heart emojis and love to Fox News.  Go back there if you loved working there so much.  Were you 'fired?' or just asked to leave?

Bus tour😉

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4

If MM read the comments on the Fox News article about the Navy hiding the name of the ship John S McCain I don't think she'd be too happy with their viewers response to her comments. They hate her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Of course everything EW said went right over Meghan's head.

Everything that was said to her after 5th grade has gone over her head. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 6

I'm pretty sure Meghan was dissing Nicolle Wallace when she mentioned seeing someone ask Beto O'Rourke how the media could cover him better, and that she thought it was a ridiculous question. 

Beto was on Nicolle's show in the last week or two, and I do think she asked him that.  I'm surprised Meghan watches it, quite frankly.  Only in her dreams could she anchor a show solo with the ease that Nicolle does.

• Love 22
51 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm watching for Elizabeth Warren. 

The first five minutes  of the Meghan show are vomit inducing,  be warned west coasters.

Thanks for the warning. I'll be watching for Warren too.

• Love 6

I stopped watching before Whoopi got cut off with her insurance question.  But I have to tell you guys that the number #1 guaranteed way to make me laugh out loud on any given day is to read the comments here about Whoopi and her insurance obsession.  It literally makes me laugh every time.  It never gets old.  Hell, just even thinking about how Whoopi gets so riled up about it makes me laugh.  🤣 Nothing lights that woman's fire more!  (With bike lanes, a less-mentioned close second.)

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Everything that was said to her after 5th grade has gone over her head.

She could be wearing 8 inch platform heels, waving a butterfly net, and it would still be outside her grasp.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4