Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Dirty Dancing

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

I don’t believe that for a minute. Paola cut off her family because she was too busy partying up in Miami and getting $400 hair coloring and extensions to save for plane tickets to visit. They were not a priority to her. That excuse she gave was pathetic and she basically blamed Russ for her disappearance from their lives.

Not cool.

If pao's little miss mermaid look cost her $400, someone owes her $398.50

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Serious question though - is gas an oil more of a cyclical industry?  If the whole industry is subject to mass layoffs, I can maybe see her some of her side.

Right now, the oil and gas industry is booming. The U.S. is out-producing every other country on the planet and has basically become energy independent. Plenty of lucrative jobs. Russ could make a tidy sum of money, which they could put aside for future use (like buying something in Miami). There is a compromise—stay in OK for a few years, make $$$ and then move back to Miami. 

Make hay while the sun shines.

Strike while the iron is hot.

(Suddenly I’ve turned into my mother.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Right now, the oil and gas industry is booming. The U.S. is out-producing every other country on the planet and has basically become energy independent. Plenty of lucrative jobs. Russ could make a tidy sum of money, which they could put aside for future use (like buying something in Miami). There is a compromise—stay in OK for a few years, make $$$ and then move back to Miami. 

Make hay while the sun shines.

Strike while the iron is hot.

(Suddenly I’ve turned into my mother.)

Ha ha, that makes sense....devil's avocado (tm 30 rock), but I wonder if Russ is at a job where he makes less now, but the industry is more steady and he could realize a comprable wage in a few years?

8 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Pao should be with Pedro, both would live happily ever after together partying and having a great care free life in the DR.  

Pao should continue to live with Juan.  Birds of a nasty feather.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 5/27/2019 at 7:56 AM, Pondlass1 said:

The only real scene seemed to be Larissa's 'confession' which genuinely shook Debbie (or seemed to).  But then she didn't ask the obvious questions - how many, how old, where are they now?  She was more concerned that they were keeping secrets from her and not telling her everything. 

I have a feeling Debbie's upset was caused by her fear that since Larissa has children in Brazil, there was a high likelihood that Colt would wind up in Brazil with her. Especially since they seemed to be getting along together well at the time.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, renatae said:

I have a feeling Debbie's upset was caused by her fear that since Larissa has children in Brazil, there was a high likelihood that Colt would wind up in Brazil with her. Especially since they seemed to be getting along together well at the time.

If that was her concern, she should settle down.  Colt enjoys the power of holding US citizenship over Larissa.  And Im pretty sure Larissa doesn't want to live in Brazil.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I respectfully disagree. 

If I was Russ’ family, I would be concerned about Pao marrying my son for a green card.  Any parent would have that concern.  It happens. I’ve known people personally who have married for a green card.  It’s a natural reaction.  

It’s also a natural to want your children to marry someone who is like minded, same religion and upbringing.   That’s human nature. It’s not hate.    

Questioning Pao’s motives and hating her for being Latina is a pretty large leap.  And really not fair.  

Granted, I don’t know any of these people personally but have watched the show. I don’t see Russ’ parents as people who intentionally want to hurt anyone.   And I wouldn’t even called them hypocrites.  Maybe ignorant.   But not hypocrites.

I would not compare them to Chantel’s family.   They are not even close.

JMPO, but I think Pao is the problem.  It doesn’t matter what Russ’ family did or didn’t do, the result would have been the same.   Pao would have made Russ’ family the enemy no m after how nice they were to her in order to justify going to Miami to be a model.   

I agree with a lot of this, too.  Anything that has to do with personality differences, etc......between Family Russ.   I am not a Pao fan on the show.....she is no angel.

But, this has gone beyond that.   Pao said after 5 years they do not talk to her and still consider her a green card wife. And, she is now happily pregnant after losing her first baby. 

At this point, all Pao can do is make herself a happy home.

I am sure a lot of wives who are not accepted by their in-laws .......for any reason.........do this, too.  They eventually stop trying to gain acceptance.....and, start to put all their focus and energy into their husband and kids.

Judging someone from another culture with a superiority complex is a form of racism.  This is what Mom Russ did.

Racist people don’t get to play the victim.

While I do hope Mom Russ learns and grows from this.......I am still going to call her out in the exact same way I do Mother Chantel and Cousin Colt.

As far as Paola.  Those affected by racism are under no obligation to be subjected to more racism. 

It is 2019.  People are free to move away! Don’t have to stay on the plantation anymore. Paola left. I don’t blame her for not wanting to return.

Paola is not the problem with this issue.

Mom Russ cultural supremacy mindset......is the real problem between them!

Healing between them  will take time. Length of time will depend on Mom Russ.  Until Mom Russ realizes she acted racist and apologizes to Paola.

And, also stops feeling superior. 

Folks should not condone racism against Paola.  

Just because Paola is obnoxious and loves to show off her cleavage people are overlooking what was done to her.

I admire how she took the high road and didn’t exploit it for the cameras.  

Right now (on the show) she is trying to focus on carrying a healthy baby boy to full-term. 

Family Russ....still on pause! 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Ha ha, that makes sense....devil's avocado (tm 30 rock), but I wonder if Russ is at a job where he makes less now, but the industry is more steady and he could realize a comprable wage in a few years?

Russ isn’t happy in Miami, especially now that they are having a baby. 

24 minutes ago, RealReality said:

If that was her concern, she should settle down.  Colt enjoys the power of holding US citizenship over Larissa.  And Im pretty sure Larissa doesn't want to live in Brazil.  

Probably very true, but I think Debbeee is considering having a nervous breakdown if Colt, Larissa and kid(s) moved two doors down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Trashly- I don't even watch her scenes.  Is she sick? Are they together? Does her friend pole dance?  I don't care at this point. I was amused at the explosion of pleather and keyhole clothing on her and her trashy friends however; how do they have enough money for a girl's trip to NYC? I guess they saved on boots by buying from the pleather factory.

Nicole- Stepdad Joe is all of us.  I'm glad he's in her life.  Her family looks terrified of her and I'm glad there's a straight shooter that will call her out on her crap and make me laugh.  Poor Robilee; you could really see the effects of her stroke in this episode.  I'm sure Nicole stresses her out and adds even more stress to her life.  Nicole should be ashamed, but she's not- it's all about her- even over little May.  I hope Azan keeps her at bay and she's still in this country and CPS comes after her for not having May in school.  Then she may have to attend some mandated parenting classes or something. geeze.

Ce Air and Pepi- He shouldn't have done that.  His mom and sister are the debil.  His sister probably carefully planned that.  He and Ce Air are in real trouble unless they do common sense things to protect their marriage.  As for him grinding on some girl drunk, I'm pretty sure Ce Air did the same thing with a guy in a club when Pedro first came over and they went on vaca to Miami or somewheres.  Pedro was mad and Chantel didn't think it was a big deal b/c it was a club and she was drunk.  I can't remember but I'm pretty sure they fought about it and Chantel's stance was- yes I danced iwth someone but I come home with you.

Pao is awful.  Russ is awful for staying with her and having a baby with her.

Sister wife situation- yes, Larissa is awful, but it's none of Debbie's bidness that she has kids in Brazil.  Deb is probably just worried there will be less money for her if kids come over.  IF she's mad at Larissa, she also needs to be mad at Colt- he also didn't tell her, and got involved with a woman with secret kids with full knowledge.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I can't remember but I'm pretty sure they fought about it and Chantel's stance was- yes I danced iwth someone but I come home with you.

Chantel's stance for allowing a guy to grind on her was, "he bought me a drink."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Ce Air and Pepi- He shouldn't have done that.  His mom and sister are the debil.  His sister probably carefully planned that.  He and Ce Air are in real trouble unless they do common sense things to protect their marriage.  As for him grinding on some girl drunk, I'm pretty sure Ce Air did the same thing with a guy in a club when Pedro first came over and they went on vaca to Miami or somewheres.  Pedro was mad and Chantel didn't think it was a big deal b/c it was a club and she was drunk.  I can't remember but I'm pretty sure they fought about it and Chantel's stance was- yes I danced iwth someone but I come home with you.

Pao is awful.  Russ is awful for staying with her and having a baby with her.

First part:  If my sister in law encouraged someone to grind on my hubby, while shouting out "BYE BYE MRS HANSON!!!"  I would be......pretty hurt and embarrassed.  But everyone in this family is embarrassing.

Pao - shut it.  Your hubby has a great job offer and yet you are hung up on staying in Miami.  "I no like it in Oklahoma."  Then why did you marry a guy who is from there, owned a home there and loves it there?

Why are these the only two choices?  Are not jobs for Roos in Texas?  Or New Mexico?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

(1) Please get Ashley off this show.  She's making me feel sorry for Jay.  And he sucks.  Her friends look like they are truck stop hookers.

(2) Annie is adorable.  And I love how she wants her first job to be in the Army.  Yes, if I were married to the human form of an obese penguin, I would want to join the military or flee.

(3) Pedro looks happy.  #freePedro

(4) Nicole would rather chase after man meat than worry about her child's education.  Sad.  I wish those grandparents could get custody of her.  And let that human sack of shit go chase dick.

(5) I get that Oklahoma isn't the most exciting place in contrast to Miami, but surely there's probably a Latinx community there and some nightlife.  Hell, as a mom, she isn't going to have time to be clubbing anyway.  She chased her dreams in Miami.  Maybe it's time to give Russ's childhood home a chance?  Once the baby comes she'll be happy to have help that grandparents can provide.

(6) Kirlyam...she's as cute as she can be.  Wonder if she looks at that derp husband of her and wonders why the fuck she didn't have the hot Mormon on a mission who has a successful business.  This should also be a warning to the women who think their lives are going to be some wealthy, exciting existence once they make it to America.  

(7) Of course Debbie is upset over the news of Larissa having a child.  She can't separate herself from her 30 something son.  She can't even imagine what it is like to have young kids a continent away.  Then the look of fear that their won't be room for her in their house when the kids come over.  

• Love 11
On 5/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, itsadryheat said:

Man, these snowflakes are hard to watch.  Just when I think there is a half way decent couple, blammm, another entitled life choice.

So, this Mormon guy Alan, chooses to have a kid, and then chooses to quit his job and move in the basement with his parents bringing his wife and child.

Un freeking believable!

He didn’t “like” his job and wants to be “creative” . . . on a farm . . . in Utah.

And if that doesn’t work he’ll try being “creative” in Brazil.

And then Mormon guy Alan’s dad says with a straight face, “I’m concerned the financial burden will be on me.”

What am I watching???  Please you all, tell me this is scripted.

I don’t want to believe this is what’s out there.

I wanted to believe my Masters degree educated niece came home to Midwest small town with a baby and no husband to live in her mother’s basement, was an anomaly not the norm.

And don’t get me started about people wanting to be “creative” at the expense of supporting their family. UGHHH

EXACTLY.

I wonder what the ratio is of these couples (the mail order bride types) that come to America expecting to be in the lap of luxury and end up living in the parent's basement, mobile home, fire house, or in some bumfuck location.  And the person they are with is typically FUGLY.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, readerblue said:

Of course Pedro looks happy. He has no responsibilities on this little trip and can do as he pleases. Life is always fun when you are on vacation. 

Tell it to Ashley and Molly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Love Annie's sense of humor.  Had to chuckle when Dave said there are military bases in Hawaii and she fired back that he'd be swimming with dolphins while she fought Kim Jung Un.

Nice to see Kirylam.  Always thought her hubby was creepy, but nice too see they are still together with a child.  But seriously, I thought he had his act together.  Who quits a job without another prospect when you have a family to support.  A lot of people don't like their job and want to follow their bliss, but you got to suck it up sometimes.  Did like his dad's comments.

• Love 10
On 5/28/2019 at 1:35 PM, Spike said:

I think he said the offer is in Oklahoma City.  Is his family in Tulsa?

Oklahoma City actually looks nice!  That's what I don't get with her.  If it is city life she loves, she can find that there.  I mean, it's not beachy, but it's a thriving city.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Oklahoma City actually looks nice!  That's what I don't get with her.  If it is city life she loves, she can find that there.  I mean, it's not beachy, but it's a thriving city.

It's metro area is larger than Miami, believe it or not.  They do not have to live next door to Roos's parents, they can still have some distance, as they should.  My only issue with OK or Oklahoma City is it is very conservative (or seems so, feel free to correct me) and I might have a hard time with that.  But hey....I can find some liberal lovin' folks like me, lol!!!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, iwasish said:

Russ isn’t happy in Miami, especially now that they are having a baby. 

Okay, I didn't hear that, I had thought it was just the money.  But pao doesn't always interest me and Russ is as scintillating as warm vanilla pudding, so I definitely could have missed him saying he wasn't into Miami.

• LOL 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I agree with a lot of this, too.  Anything that has to do with personality differences, etc......between Family Russ.   I am not a Pao fan on the show.....she is no angel.

But, this has gone beyond that.   Pao said after 5 years they do not talk to her and still consider her a green card wife. And, she is now happily pregnant after losing her first baby. 

At this point, all Pao can do is make herself a happy home.

I am sure a lot of wives who are not accepted by their in-laws .......for any reason.........do this, too.  They eventually stop trying to gain acceptance.....and, start to put all their focus and energy into their husband and kids.

Judging someone from another culture with a superiority complex is a form of racism.  This is what Mom Russ did.

Racist people don’t get to play the victim.

While I do hope Mom Russ learns and grows from this.......I am still going to call her out in the exact same way I do Mother Chantel and Cousin Colt.

As far as Paola.  Those affected by racism are under no obligation to be subjected to more racism. 

It is 2019.  People are free to move away! Don’t have to stay on the plantation anymore. Paola left. I don’t blame her for not wanting to return.

Paola is not the problem with this issue.

Mom Russ cultural supremacy mindset......is the real problem between them!

Healing between them  will take time. Length of time will depend on Mom Russ.  Until Mom Russ realizes she acted racist and apologizes to Paola.

And, also stops feeling superior. 

Folks should not condone racism against Paola.  

Just because Paola is obnoxious and loves to show off her cleavage people are overlooking what was done to her.

I admire how she took the high road and didn’t exploit it for the cameras.  

Right now (on the show) she is trying to focus on carrying a healthy baby boy to full-term. 

Family Russ....still on pause! 

I didnt interpret it the same way, but I agree with your general sentiment.

No matter how mother Russ feels in her heart she will probably do whatever she can to placate Pao, because you KNOW who has the power in the pao/Russ relationship.

I don't think they would ever be close and that may have to do with some of the feelings you've referenced, but I think mother Russ would go out of her way to be respectful and cordial towards Pao.  Primarily because Pao really has all the power in that relationship and if pao decided that she no longer wanted mother Russ to see her grandson, Russ would absolutely go along with it.

ETA: now that I think about it, if pao's big problem is the lack of a Colombian community Russ's efforts would have been better spent turning over every rock in OK city to find some Colombians or south Americans.  Even if you live America, it's probably easier to live somewhere where you can have some connection.  If I moved to another country, I'd probably try to find some Americans to chat with.  Pao isn't going to try because she doesn't want to, but Russ's plan to sell Oklahoma probably would have gone better had she seen a vibrant and diverse community.  Which I'm sure a major city like OKC has.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4

So, this must have been the most dull and boring episode ever (for me:) ). I will explain this with the points below. All these never happened all together in one episode.

1. After watching the 2 hour show (somehow or luckily enough they don't broadcast her the 'after hour') I went to sleep and didn't recap the episode. The only thing I was thinking was: 'this was fucking boring'.

2. I didn't dream of it this night. Serious, and I am not making this up, last year when the first episodes with Coltee and Debee aired I had a nightmare about Debee didn't like me and insulting me, yelling etc. Horror it was.

3. When I woke up this morning (here they air the episodes on Wednesday) I almost couldn't remember what happened in this episode.

4. My wife didn't tell me to shot up commenting and snarking on these people.

5. Me, not telling my wife to shut up snarking and/or commenting.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, BengalKitty said:

Nice to see Kirylam.  Always thought her hubby was creepy, but nice too see they are still together with a child.  But seriously, I thought he had his act together.  Who quits a job without another prospect when you have a family to support.  A lot of people don't like their job and want to follow their bliss, but you got to suck it up sometimes.  Did like his dad's comments.

Kirlyam is my Boo 😍 her man had better get his shit together!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

ETA: now that I think about it, if pao's big problem is the lack of a Colombian community Russ's efforts would have been better spent turning over every rock in OK city to find some Colombians or south Americans.  Even if you live America, it's probably easier to live somewhere where you can have some connection.  If I moved to another country, I'd probably try to find some Americans to chat with.  Pao isn't going to try because she doesn't want to, but Russ's plan to sell Oklahoma probably would have gone better had she seen a vibrant and div

I don’t think it would have  mattered.   She was set on Miami before she arrived here.  Russ’ parents, lack of Latin community and a more conservative vibe are all excuses just to relocate to Miami.  Know many conservatives who happily live in predominantly liberal communities and visa versa.  Most people are respectful of differences.  

What bothers me is that Pao and some of the other foreign spouses feel the American spouse owes them because they left their life in their homeland behind. The American spouse is expected to turn their live upside down, change jobs, relocate so the foreign spouse can have the life they dreamed of.   That’s not fair and is plain manipulation.   It was the foreign spouse’s decision to leave.  Their choice.  They didn’t have to leave.  They are owed nothing.  If they come here and decide their spouse’s life is not what they expected or will not make them happy, then go home.  

That’s why I respect Jonathan.   Granted, not too happy with his choice in marrying an 18 year old.  But respect him for not being manipulated and lead around by the nose by a manipulative, selfish wife.   He pulled the plug.  Russ should take note.  

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I don’t think it would have  mattered.   She was set on Miami before she arrived here.  Russ’ parents, lack of Latin community and a more conservative vibe are all excuses just to relocate to Miami.  Know many conservatives who happily live in predominantly liberal communities and visa versa.  Most people are respectful of differences.  

What bothers me is that Pao and some of the other foreign spouses feel the American spouse owes them because they left their life in their homeland behind. The American spouse is expected to turn their live upside down, change jobs, relocate so the foreign spouse can have the life they dreamed of.   That’s not fair and is plain manipulation.   It was the foreign spouse’s decision to leave.  Their choice.  They didn’t have to leave.  They are owed nothing.  If they come here and decide their spouse’s life is not what they expected or will not make them happy, then go home.  

That’s why I respect Jonathan.   Granted, not too happy with his choice in marrying an 18 year old.  But respect him for not being manipulated and lead around by the nose by a manipulative, selfish wife.   He pulled the plug.  Russ should take note.  

I don't know if it's a matter of feeling owed, or a matter of a married couple comprimising as any other married couple would.  It's a little different because normally you would meet someone in your local area.

When my sister and her husband first met, they both lived in the same area.  He got an offer from Microsoft and wanted to move to Washington to take the offer and together they had to make the decision.  My friends husband got a big money offer in Minnesota, but she didn't want to leave California, and after a lot of thought and discussion they decided it wasn't the right move for them.  I think couples should make these decisions together and I don't know if that is the same as feeling "owed"

I understand the "suck it up buttercup" argument when it comes to pao's situation, but at the same time it shouldn't be that one spouse makes all the decisions, even if they are the one working.  The stay at home spouse and the breadwinner should be equal parties in the relationship. 

In this case, if Russ wanted her buy in, he should really have addressed a different concern.  Yes, smooth over the relationship with his mother.  But it's possible, nay probable that she does not want to be suffocated by Russ's family.  When my sister's husband got a chance to promote to Reno, she leapt at the chance because she was always forced to be around a family member she didn't like.

So Russ should have focused on all the great things about Oklahoma City and how far it is from his parents.  They should have visited Oklahoma City, he should have found and introduced her to some diverse areas in the city.  Some people that she would feel a connection to.  He should have had them tour a few open houses.  Really allow her to see how great a life there could be.  If she still turned him down, okay, but at least she would have an experience of Oklahoma other than Russ's mom.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

My friends husband got a big money offer in Minnesota, but she didn't want to leave California

As a native Minnesota gal - who loves her state - this was the correct decision after the winter we just had, lol.

11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

When my sister's husband got a chance to promote to Reno, she leapt at the chance because she was always forced to be around a family member she didn't like.

I agree and some families are just in each other's business and lives all the time - like too much.

• Love 1

I liked Kirylam and thought she was a cute gal who seemed very genuine and nice. What I could not figure out-- and still can't-- is what she sees in schlubby Alan who has always given me a creepy vibe.

As for Russ and Pao: It was clear to me from the jump that these two were not a match because he was a wormy, boring slug that was not going to change, and she was a party girl that was not going to change. She was not a person who was going to agree to live in Oklahoma and take into consideration Russ's feelings about anything. That has not changed and if Russ thought it would, he's not only a boring slug, but an unintelligent one as well. Pao wanted what she wanted and made that very obvious and clear. That Russ decided to ignore all of that in the quest to have an arm candy wife, oh well. Now he can live with his decision. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It's metro area is larger than Miami, believe it or not.  They do not have to live next door to Roos's parents, they can still have some distance, as they should.  My only issue with OK or Oklahoma City is it is very conservative (or seems so, feel free to correct me) and I might have a hard time with that.  But hey....I can find some liberal lovin' folks like me, lol!!!

Conservative in what way? They don’t want to see her In her camisole and shorts at the breakfast table? That’s just common sense.

Im sure there are bars and restaurants and places to dance. 

Pao is just making excuses. She doesn’t want to be near his family. She’s been to two places in the USA. Oklahoma and Miami. I’m sure there is some other place somewhere outside of those two that she will be happy. Fernanda was espicy, not as espicy as Pao, but she could only be happy in Chik-ah-go!!

Russ should take the job in Oklahoma and call her bluff. Let her go to Miami with the baby, she’ll be back. No ones going to hire her. 

Both she and Fernanda have greatly inflated ideas of their hotness. Neither is all that. Pao is too old and Fernanda is fugly with a decent body and there are too many gorgeous girls with great bodies to compete with. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

That Russ decided to ignore all of that in the quest to have an arm candy wife, oh well. Now he can live with his decision. 

I'd hardly call what's left of Pao "arm candy."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Conservative in what way? They don’t want to see her In her camisole and shorts at the breakfast table? That’s just common sense.

I was referencing politics.  I am as left leaning as you get and no, you do not show up to breakfast wearing a camisole and shorts.  Put some clothes on, girl!!!

• Love 6

One can argue that Jon was a cradle robber, but I have a lot of respect for him trying to unravel his naive mistake. I don't think Fernanda will be able to afford to fight him muchin court. And together for six months? It won't be that much money from him even if she succeeds. Real estate in the Lumberton area is cheap. Let's say he sold two houses during that time for a combined commission of $10K. That's only $5K. Just enough for him to learn his lesson.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I was referencing politics.  I am as left leaning as you get and no, you do not show up to breakfast wearing a camisole and shorts.  Put some clothes on, girl!!!

I figured that is what you meant, but Pao, doesn’t know a red state from a blue state. She wants to be loud, the center of attention at all times. All eyes on Pao,  if she had to hang her ass cheeks and tits out to get that attention, that’s what she does. 

Maybe the family is reserved and isn’t falling all over themselves to ass-cept her. But what has she done to show them that she respects them? Don’t tell me she didn’t know when she was suppose to be at the shower, and that she didn’t know that showing up an hour or more late would upset them. She knew exactly what the reaction would be and she tried to spin it to her advantage. 

If she truly loved Russ and wanted to make an effort with the family, she would tone it down and get to know them. Slowly maybe one on one. Food is a great thing to bond over. Why not make a couple of very simple Colombian dishes, things that Russ likes and perhaps they’ll enjoy them too. It might take a while but she could gradually introduce some Columbian customs or phrases. Getting to know people takes time. She might find out that Russ’s family can have fun too. Maybe teach them salsa dancing?

its not always easy to blend two different cultures, but she’s not even trying. She clearly said after the talk with Russ’s mom that she wasn’t going to change.

She may win this  battle and get Russ to go back to Miami with her but I think she will lose the war. The divorce rate is high and they already have major problems. If Russ takes a lower paying job now, she’ll regret it when  it come to child support payments later, they’re going to be much less than she would  like.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I thought he showed good financial sense - he knows it's going to take years to build a real estate business in Chicago, if he manages to be successful at all. Financially he is smart to stay where he is.

They don’t want to see her In her camisole and shorts at the breakfast table?

Give her some credit - she also was wearing knee socks... 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought he showed good financial sense - he knows it's going to take years to build a real estate business in Chicago, if he manages to be successful at all. Financially he is smart to stay where he is.

Give her some credit - she also was wearing knee socks... 🙂

Right, she could have been wearing kneepads.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Pao is lucky she's not moving to North Dakota. Now THAT's a happening area for oil right now.  It's sad she doesn't want to be near some family for the baby to grow up around. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Pao is lucky she's not moving to North Dakota. Now THAT's a happening area for oil right now.  It's sad she doesn't want to be near some family for the baby to grow up around. 

I can understand not wanting to be too close to family.  But I think 4-5 hour drive is about the right distance to Foster a relationship, but not over involvement.

Pedro's idea to move to Savannah was a good idea.  Chantal is a moron and so it'll never happen, but it's 4 hour drive from Atlanta, so family can't visit every day, but they can visit fairly often.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I can understand not wanting to be too close to family.  But I think 4-5 hour drive is about the right distance to Foster a relationship, but not over involvement.

Pedro's idea to move to Savannah was a good idea.  Chantal is a moron and so it'll never happen, but it's 4 hour drive from Atlanta, so family can't visit every day, but they can visit fairly often.

She's going to wish family was that close once she realize she can no longer enjoy the miami nightlife because she's stuck at home with a baby! 

Edited by Dmarie019
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

She's going to wish family was that close once she realize she can no longer enjoy the miami nightlife because she's stuck at home with a baby! 

LOL, she will make Russ stay with the baby, a true win/win for her because not only can she really cut loose if Russ isn't around but she doesnt have to stay with the baby.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, she will make Russ stay with the baby, a true win/win for her because not only can she really cut loose if Russ isn't around but she doesnt have to stay with the baby.

You are totally right. 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

You are totally right. 

LOL, I also predict many tears and protestations that Russ doesn't get how hard it is for her and so she needs to go out with her friends at least 3-4 times a week and every Saturday night.  

Manipulating Russ with guilt is Pao's superpower.  She either read a book on it or she could write a book on it.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8
On 5/30/2019 at 7:57 AM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Kirlyam is my Boo 😍 her man had better get his shit together!

I have a soft spot for Kirlyam  and Ami from South Africa. The sight of Kirlyam with tears in her eyes made me upset. I can’t believe Alan quit his job because he was unhappy. With a family to take care of, that was really irresponsible. 

• Love 6

One thing I speculate about with Kirlyam and Alan is : They did own a home in LA.  Possibly they sold it at a nice profit.  That is the only thing that would make sense and make Alan not seem like an idiot: they had sizable cushion money that they made from their house in LA to live off of in a cheaper area/state while he figured things out.  If not, then he is totally an irresponsible idiot.

• Love 4

What kind of care packages for the homeless are Chantel’s parents pretending to put together? I saw doggy piss pads, 4 little toothpastes, 1 tiny mouthwash, a box that said peanut on it, and plastic champagne glasses. These assholes don’t do anything for the homeless or anyone else. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

What kind of care packages for the homeless are Chantel’s parents pretending to put together? I saw doggy piss pads, 4 little toothpastes, 1 tiny mouthwash, a box that said peanut on it, and plastic champagne glasses. These assholes don’t do anything for the homeless or anyone else. 

I guess the champagne glasses are aimed at the winos.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I know that homeless people get tiny toothpastes and mouthwash because it takes up less space than carrying around full size items.  Not sure what the wine glasses are for or the piss pads.

The LA mission used to be so happy to get the hotel soaps and hotel amenities I'd get travelling for work, because if they ran a shower facility they could just give each person a "care package" with a little soap, shampoo and conditioner instead of trying to make people use the same one.

Maybe a special homeless person with fancy habits and a weak bladdered dog?

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

In regards to Russ and a job, why not work remote? I lived in oil field land and plenty of folks worked 2 on and 2 off or 3 and 2. He could get a job in the Gulf or Alaska. She could live in Miami and have fun while he's gone. You have to have a certain personality and relationship to survive that type of job and now that they have a baby it wouldn't be easy but it would be an option to get back in the industry and stay in Miami.