Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Dirty Dancing

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

And Robalee would commiserate, bosses be "unfair".; She is the classic enabler.  Nicole didn't get to her stellar position in life without help.  Robalee ain't right in the head, bless her heart.  She could shut all that sillyness down, but doesn't.

Stepfather is singing the truth, but he's the solo in that choir.  Brother Nicole gets it, but he's conveniently keep off screen.

She tries to "reason" with Nicole, but I think Nicole just sees that as weakness.  I suspect robbalee might be willing to cut Nicole off,  if may was in her custody and she knew that it would only be Nicole struggling.  Which is why Nicole will never give may up.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She tries to "reason" with Nicole, but I think Nicole just sees that as weakness.  I suspect robbalee might be willing to cut Nicole off,  if may was in her custody and she knew that it would only be Nicole struggling.  Which is why Nicole will never give may up.

Yup. (Suspending the disbelief that is 'reality tv'). Nicole holds May as the ace up her sleeve.  IRL, grandparents have zero rights.  Robalee may be picking her battles.

• Love 6

I am not understanding Nicole’s house. 

It is a trailer shaped like a L loveseat.

Then inside all the walls are ripped out.  There is no drywall, etc??? 

What is going on?

It almost looks like the set from the reunion...which are half constructed rooms.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I am not understanding Nicole’s house. 

It is a trailer shaped like a L loveseat.

Then inside all the walls are ripped out.  There is no drywall, etc??? 

What is going on?

It almost looks like the set from the reunion...which are half constructed rooms.

As long as it has running water to rinse out her Fried Straw haircolour, Nicole is probably good to go.

It's not like she needs room for bookshelves or treadmill.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

As long as it has running water to rinse out her Fried Straw haircolour, Nicole is probably good to go.

Hahahahahahah!

I have been in many poverty shacks .....and, all those people had drywall!

I dunno.  Maybe Nicole is a sleep eater.  Suffers from Pica.  

Nicole ate all the drywall. 

TLC is paying for their trip.  These people living in a tiny house trailer, eating generic peanut butter sandwiches and no drywall ........all going on vacation to Grenada.

Surrrrrrre, Jan! 

Edited by Dance4Life
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’ll take a leap of faith and suggest that Nicole, a person who is perfectly capable of getting a job (provided she shows up at an interview with a resume, no matter how incomprehensible), is using my tax dollars to support herself and May AND Azan. With this roaring economy, there is no excuse for her not to be working. If daycare would eat up her paycheck, she could work a night shift and leave May with the brother and sister. Gah!

Nicole, lose some weight, make better choices in your life, find an American grifter, and give up custody of May so that that little girl might stand a chance at life. 

It's taken my husband with 2 college degrees almost 6 months to even find a part-time job at a retail place. However, we live pretty far out in the country and there aren't a lot of opportunities to begin with. Nicole does NOT live in a place that I would imagine had job scarcity. 

She's got zero incentive to change as long as she continues to be coddled. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

There is a lonely dusty treadmill in the corner.  Look for it in the next episode (available on demand).

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

is that the dad’s trailer or the one Nicole, her sister and brother share? 

The family has to put their foot down with Nicole. The May argument isn’t enough reason to continue  humoring her. 

They have to refuse to do anything that involves Azan. 

Don’t give her any kind of financial help, not a penny.

No more free rent, she pays her fair share, no excuses,!!

No transportation except to and from work.

No rides to the airport 

No babysitting except during her work shifts

Let her have a hissy and stomp off with May tucked under her arm. Where is she going to go? She won’t last 24 hours on her own. 

They cant be held hostage to Nicole’s fantasy with the threat of losing contact with or concern for May. (Nicole has never made a threat like that as far as Ive heard).

• Love 6

Just a heads up, but fellow PT'es, check your DVR.

Episode 6 "Severed Ties" became available for me to view on Philo the night episode 5 "Dirty Dancing" aired.   No spoilers, but I will say "Severed Ties" was more entertaining than "Dirty Dancing."  

TLC must have an oops moment like they did a few months back when they inadvertently put the following week's episode of Sister Wives on early.  

Enjoy!  😄 

• Useful 1
36 minutes ago, iwasish said:

is that the dad’s trailer or the one Nicole, her sister and brother share? 

The family has to put their foot down with Nicole. The May argument isn’t enough reason to continue  humoring her. 

They have to refuse to do anything that involves Azan. 

Don’t give her any kind of financial help, not a penny.

No more free rent, she pays her fair share, no excuses,!!

No transportation except to and from work.

No rides to the airport 

No babysitting except during her work shifts

Let her have a hissy and stomp off with May tucked under her arm. Where is she going to go? She won’t last 24 hours on her own. 

They cant be held hostage to Nicole’s fantasy with the threat of losing contact with or concern for May. (Nicole has never made a threat like that as far as Ive heard).

Nicole has her family's number and will wait them out.  I promise you that robbalee would fold like a chair after may spent one night in a shelter.  Which is exactly what Nicole would let it come to to get her way.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, iwasish said:

Pao wants to flash her tits and go hang out with her friends like Juan, not going to be so easy with a baby. In fact Juan will probably dump her because she is no longer espicy as she used to be. 

I don’t know that Oklahoma is a place I would want to live but Pao saying Miami or nothing isn’t the solution either. 

This. I'm not saying Miami is some bad scary place, it's the lifestyle Pao is after that makes it not great for kids vs Oklahoma where she would not be running the streets, partying or "modeling" every chance she gets

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Spike said:

The first episode of The Other Way is available on demand and boy do they have some winners.

You got that right.  This show is about the American going to live overseas with their online love-of-their-lives.  Of COURSE it has a couple of old, bleach blonde women chasing after younger good looking guys. This will be must see TV for me!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Most of these 90 Day Fiance guys lack work ethics and we have seen them not hold jobs for years.  Russ was already one of them.  He had enough time to find a job in Miami, career change, etc. 

Russ has a job in Miami though I don't know what he does. The job in Oklahoma pays more (and the cost of living is lower in OK than in Miami) and lets him return to the oil and gas industry. Russ may be a lot of things but I don't think he's lacking in work ethic.

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Russ has a job in Miami though I don't know what he does. The job in Oklahoma pays more (and the cost of living is lower in OK than in Miami) and lets him return to the oil and gas industry. Russ may be a lot of things but I don't think he's lacking in work ethic.

Why is everyone so anti-Miami?

People think some of the less than desirable cities/states like Oklahoma...........are quiet, full of cow fields, no traffic, cheap living.......toothless people greeting you with heee-haw sounds.....etc.  This is NOT true! 

I can tell you right now.......most of the time......’a cheaper city’  also means lower wages.  It all tends to even out. 

When Russ was in Oklahoma he had no job for years......so, he can stay in Miami with his current job. He had his chance and blew it! 

Russ has a kid now and it has finally sunk in he is tied to Pao for life.

So, now.....this man-child will NOT be allowed to run back to his mama.  

Pao already knows exactly what is going to happen.

I mean...y’all heard of Family de Chantel...right????  

When Pao doesn’t ‘act right’ they are going to gang up on her.  With the new child...this is not good for this family.  They need to be on their own and get used to being a family of 3 without family negativity.

He will stay in Miami with his Colombian kid and wife....and, try to make a good wage there to take care of them.

If you cannot make it in Miami......you cannot make it anywhere! 😎👙🌴🎼

Abuelita Russ better pack her bags and start to visit Miami.  She might like it there! Meet some new Latina friends....eat some Cuban food.  Dance Timba. Speak a little Spanish with Axl.  Good stuff! 

What kind of name is Axl?  I am afraid with a Spanish accent.....that kid will be called...Asshole .....in Colombia. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Miami, Dallas, Juneau, NYC, Chicago...
Why anyone would want to raise a child nowhere near any of its grandparents is beyond me. 

If there are any grandparents out there whose children are shunning them and would like to adopt my kids as grandkids (responsibilities include but not limited to sending them cards with $5 on their birthdays, accepting phone calls for them to jabber on about their group projects and latest friendship drama, telling them stories about walking uphill in the snow both ways to school, proudly posting abstract art on their refrigerator, etc.) PM me for an application.

I pray if Chantal has kids they don't live anywhere near her parents.

Mother Russ seems to be more than willing to mind her ps and qs because she knows pao wears the pants and anytime she feels like it, she can snap her fingers and they will be on the first flight back to Miami.

But, maybe they could decide to look to live in a city that isn't too close to his parents.  Savannah to Atlanta is the perfect distance.  A four hour drive so grandparents can be involved but not TOO involved.  I mean Oklahoma is a state right?  Do we even know what city the job is in?  It might be on the other side of the state.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

What kind of name is Axl?  I am afraid with a Spanish accent.....that kid will be called...Asshole .....in Colombia. 

My Dominican relatives have a hard time saying my son's name. Luckily, it doesn't come out as a swear word. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Go to the TLC website and watch "Severed Ties Part 1."  It's the episode they SHOULD have shown last night but didn't.  It's a juicy one, especially the end.

17 hours ago, iwasish said:

Like showing affection in public is the stumbling block in his K1 visa application. 

The newest tourism campaign: “Grenada is for lovers, come here and do it in public”  accompanied by a big pic of Nicole in her bathing suit pinning a terrified Azan underneath her. 

At the TLC website that is listed as episode SIX!  I wonder if we get it next week on the tellie, or they jump 6 and 7 (part 1 and 2) and show us part 8 next week?

3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My Dominican relatives have a hard time saying my son's name. Luckily, it doesn't come out as a swear word. 

Omg! Lol!!

Yea, SH and CH is a common one.  So, beach sounds like bitch.  Sheet sounds like chiiit. 

Cheeseburger........ chiit-bulger. 

Abbreviated word sounds like regular words.

Like, JC Penny becomes....JayseePenee (one word)

Wal-Mart.....Wall-Mall

Caribbean accent is crazy! 

Chantel keeps telling more Whoppers.

Last night she pretended she just found out about the 10 year support order for green card spouse.  As shock value to her friends. 

Girrrl, Bye! Lol!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I just think right now the two women cannot get along.  Both are very disrespectful to each.  Both do not seem to be trying, either.

I mostly side with the new mom. Women carry the kid and they are most likely not to abandon the kid......so, they can make a few decisions even if their husbands don’t want to. It is important for Pao to be around her culture while raising the kid.

Mom needs to be happy and Russ will deal! He doesn’t seem motivated, anyways.

Most of these 90 Day Fiance guys lack work ethics and we have seen them not hold jobs for years.  Russ was already one of them.  He had enough time to find a job in Miami, career change, etc. 

For me it is not about OK.  I can live anywhere and I like boring! (🤣

I just want the family not to be ruined forever....if Russ keeps forcing things as they are. Russ’s mom and Pao need more time apart. 

Yea, that was last season.  We have seen them already a lot on live shows and social media and nobody has mentioned Larissa’s kids.  Debbie did that Live Show with the Giant Lady.  Her kids were not brought up at the reunion.

I think the kids were brought up now because they were meant to film in Brazil and    meet the kids.....or, at least that one she showed.

Larissa said she talks to the little girl all the time.  Larissa never goes shopping and sends her stuff? So, Colt never mentions the kids.....especially when they fight? He has threatened to send her back to Brazil so many times.

This entire season is fake.

I think the only real thing.......is Pao wants to stay in Miami. 

I am ready for the reunion! Hopefully, Larissa, Fernanda and Azan show up and give us their updates. 

But why is Pao the only one who gets to be happy? Russ had a good job before she even came here. She knew where she would be moving to. Why should Russ have to get a new job in Miami, make less money,  and switch careers? Pao needs to realize raising a baby is expensive and if Russ can make more money they need to go there.

• Love 23

@DaphneCat, if I could like your post 1000 times, I would.  

@Drogo, I agree with you regarding grandparents.  Russ’ parents would love that kid up and be a great help.   Pao would rather deny her child that because, she is just too selfish and wants total control over Russ.  

Debbie was crying over Larissa’s kids because she knew if they come here, life as she knows it with Coltee would end.  

Obviously, TLC his friends plied him with liquor so he acts the fool.  Hope his sister was paid handsomely to look like a bitch.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Russ has the opportunity to make MORE money than in Miami, WHILE living in a cheaper city.  It will not even out.  He also had opportunities in Seattle that she refused to even consider.  

He went to Miami because Pao insisted that's where she was going to go.  Just because he took a lesser job to make her happy does not mean he should be stuck in it for the rest of his life.  He has caved to her EVERY time.  She does not know the meaning of compromise.

She certainly didn't "act right" with the family during their last visit and his family did NOT 'gang up" on her.  They tried so hard to be nice to her and she just behaved like a selfish brat.

They are both not good for each other right now.  This is why Pao and the mom need to stay living apart.  Both are so respectful to each other. Russ mom can come visit.  And, they can visit, too.

These ‘cheaper places’ that do not have a true middle class supporting a healthy infrastructure have a lot of ‘hidden costs’ to them.

They have bad public education. So, now you gotta pay $10,000 to enroll your kid in a private elementary school.

You gotta spend more in housing because you have to live in a nicer safer neighborhood. 

You gotta spend more on car insurance because it is more crime and poorer people not having their own insurance. So, your insurance knows they will pay even if someone else is at fault.

Health insurance premium is more since poorer states have poorer health.

Utilities tend to be higher.  Taxes are higher. They even tax your groceries which is not the norm. Groceries cost more. 

Even flying cost more (and, more hassle) because you are always having to hop to a major airport first. 

This is just your basic living. It hurts middle class people. They end up picking up the slack for the low income and less than modern infrastructure.

Then you pay all this money and don’t get much back in return......if there is not much to do in your city.

I got stuck in a city like this once. (Well, twice!)  I ended up paying all this extra money for my basic living.........and for my return all I got was a simple mall, (not even a Sephora),  1 movie theater and the best restaurant was a Bennigan’s. Even my Wal-Mart was not even a Super Walmart. Hahahahahahahah! 

Oh! And, the roads were bad and I ended up beating up my new car. 

And, Hail!  HAIL.....storms..... twice-three  times a year! The roof of my car had hail damaged. 

I also had to pay to drive. There was a toll road to get to my job.  It was either pay the toll road daily and live in a safe neighborhood.......or, skip the toll road and live next to the low income projects. 

Unless, he has a permanent job offer (oil & gas tends to be janky) and making $250,000.....I would not move. 

Beware of ‘cheap cities’ with good job offers, Folks! 

The local people are lovely, though.

If Russ is Mormon.  Well, the Church wants their money.....before he can set foot inside.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I pray if Chantal has kids they don't live anywhere near her parents.

Mother Russ seems to be more than willing to mind her ps and qs because she knows pao wears the pants and anytime she feels like it, she can snap her fingers and they will be on the first flight back to Miami.

But, maybe they could decide to look to live in a city that isn't too close to his parents.  Savannah to Atlanta is the perfect distance.  A four hour drive so grandparents can be involved but not TOO involved.  I mean Oklahoma is a state right?  Do we even know what city the job is in?  It might be on the other side of the state.

Nothing Russ’ parents can do or say will satisfy Pao. She says they are judging her and are not ass-cepting of her. But neither is she towards them. What don’t they ass-cept? Not wanting to look at her ass and tits at the breakfast table?  Can’t say I blame them. If her Latin culture is so important  that she can’t feel comfortable anywhere else, then she should have stayed in Colombia. Or hooked up with a guy who had roots in Miami. No matter where Russ suggests they live.... if it’s not Miami, she’s going to sulk, it has nothing to do with his parents. 

• Love 24
12 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Yes.  I was sarcastically pointing out that "Foreigner Schools" was the best she could scrounge out of her pea brain.

Nicole got that deer in the headlights look when Robalee brought up May's school.  Doubt she had ever given edumacation a fleeting thought until that moment.

Five bajillion nerds in this world and there is STILL no sarcasm font?!??

I wasn't responding to you, I got you and the sarcasm.  Nicole just doesn't understand that May needs schooling beyond her ipad.  Maybe Azan should take over teaching May so he'll obviously be too tired to deal with Nicole.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Living in Miami is the exact opposite though. Russ makes less and the cost of living is higher. In Ok they had a nice house and he was making nice money. They may charge sales tax on food, but the price of food is higher in Miami so it is actually cheaper in OK. They could afford to do more for their child if Russ had a better paying job. OK may get hail, but doesn't Miami get hurricanes? So you can get damage no matter where you live. Pao knew where Russ lived and worked when she agreed to come here. She had internet in Columbia, she could have done some research about where she was going to be living. She is acting like a spoiled brat.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I mean Oklahoma is a state right?  Do we even know what city the job is in?  It might be on the other side of the state.

I think he said the offer is in Oklahoma City.  Is his family in Tulsa?

• Love 1

Can someone help...was this the show that had Annie get her green card and David "teaching" her to drive?   Seen little mention of their segment, and maybe it was some other show like "What Now?"?  My tv's guide doesn't do very well with these long (and simialar) names.  tia

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Go to the TLC website and watch "Severed Ties Part 1."  It's the episode they SHOULD have shown last night but didn't.  It's a juicy one, especially the end.

@Neurochick thanks for the tip. I watched it and boy was it worth it. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Yup.  Mother Russ throws her a shower.  What a bitch.   She reaches out to other Latina women to understand the cultural differences between here and Columbia. How dare her!   

Pao doesn’t even have the respect to show up at her own shower on time.  And blames it on cultural differences.   Yeah. 

Dont know about you, but it seems to me that Mama Russ at least tries to get along.  I haven’t seen her treat Pao disrespectfully.  Purposely arriving late to the party was disrespectful.   I don’t see Pao trying or even seeing Russ’s mom point of view.  It’s her loss.  Russ’ parents seem like nice people. 

You need to calm down and understand what is going on here. This is a totally separate issue than Paola and Russ filming some of their more obnoxious issues.

This is about someone resenting and not accepting you because of where you come from.

Ok, you have to go back to the beginning.

Family Russ & Paola is the same exact situation as Family Chantel & Pedro.

But, because Paola had enough and moved away very early into the filming.....she saved Family Russ the embarrassment of looking like fools on Tv.....(unlike Family Chantel who let it ripped to land their own show)

Paola even cut off her family because she was embarrassed of how things were going for her in the US......regarding her marriage situation. This is when she became depressed.

Family Russ never accepted her. This is hurtful.

Mom Russ did the whole green card spouse hater bit on her.

Mom Russ never trusted Paola and her motives for marrying Russ. It is the mom feeling some type of way about Latinas and wonders  why her son had to marry a Colombian green card spouse.

Paola said it has been 5 years and now they are having the baby.....and, the parents were still acting like she married Russ for a green card.  They never reached out to her.  Paola just wants them to stop treating her that way.

Paola has stop trying......maybe this is why she acted out at the baby shower.

Paola has her husband, her baby, lives in Miami and that is all that matters to her.  Especially, after having the miscarriage.

......maybe she just got those bad feelings coming back to OK. Got cold feet about the baby shower......and, why she was late on purpose. She was dreading it.

So, this is when I called bullshit.

There are no cultural differences. It is that Paola is a green card spouse. Americans think these people are the lowest and come here to get theirs.

(true...Fernanda. But, not with Paola)

Paola had enough....it is 5 years!

When the mom said, I even talked to other Latina women.

This instance had nothing to do with Paola ‘acting’ Latina.

This was the mom’s own ignorant feelings for not accepting her son married a foreigner. 

This lady obviously has a superiority complex.........then tried to blamed it on Paola.......AND......our Latin culture. 

This is the part I am trying to explain and it is the real issue here.

Russ Mom.....you outed your true self and now accept it!

This is why she made sure to say that on tv.  Thinking she was going to look good but it had the complete opposite effect.

She might play the old sweet religious lady.....but, at that instance she acted just like Mama Chantel.

Let me tell yah.  What Latin people hate the most is hypocrites.

Family acting this way.

Russ mom behaved like a hypocrite.  She is not nice. She was not nice to Paola.  She focused too much on Paola’s culture and immigrant status.  She also wished her son probably had met a local girl  because dealing with someone like Paola (green card spouse) was beneath Russ....and, their family. 

Y’all might not see it.  But, Paola is the one acting like the bigger person here.  She is staying away.  Keeping this drama away from the cameras and her own family. And, maybe even protecting her husband.  

She doesn’t want to turn their storyline into  Family Chantel.

I think she is genuinely hurt and her pride bruised.

She wants to return to OK when she is certain Family Russ has accepted her.

She is still healing......and, wants to focus on a healthy pregnancy and baby. 

Family Russ is on....Pause!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

Can someone help...was this the show that had Annie get her green card and David "teaching" her to drive?   Seen little mention of their segment, and maybe it was some other show like "What Now?"?  My tv's guide doesn't do very well with these long (and simialar) names.  tia

Wondered about that, too!  Which one of these 20 versions of the show had Annie driving while saying “mayday! mayday!“??   Funniest thing I had seen in a while.  

Edited by Kareem
Nevermind. Choosing not to say what I really think of Pao.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Wondered about that, too!  Which one of these 20 versions of the show had Annie driving while saying “mayday! mayday!“??   Funniest thing I had seen in a while.  

What Now (with David and Annie) follows Happily Ever After on Sundays.  For the first few weeks it was the third hour, now it’s the second hour.  Pillow Talk is on Monday nights, and starting next week The Other Way also will be on Monday nights.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

You need to calm down and understand what is going on here. This is a totally separate issue than Paola and Russ filming some of their more obnoxious issues.

This is about someone resenting and not accepting you because of where you come from.

But, because Paola had enough and moved away very early into the filming.....she saved Family Russ the embarrassment of looking like fools on Tv.....(unlike Family Chantel who let it ripped to land their own show)

Paola even cut off her family because she was embarrassed of how things were going for her in the US......regarding her marriage situation. This is when she became depressed.

Mom Russ did the whole green card spouse hater bit on her.

Mom Russ never trusted Paola and her motives for marrying Russ. It is the mom feeling some type of way about Latinas and wonders  why her son had to marry a Colombian green card spouse.

Paola said it has been 5 years and now they are having the baby.....and, the parents were still acting like she married Russ for a green card.  They never reached out to her.  Paola just wants them to stop treating her that way.

Paola has stop trying......maybe this is why she acted out at the baby shower.

Paola has her husband, her baby, lives in Miami and that is all that matters to her.  Especially, after having the miscarriage.

......maybe she just got those bad feelings coming back to OK. Got cold feet about the baby shower......and, why she was late on purpose. She was dreading it.

So, this is when I called bullshit.

There are no cultural differences. It is that Paola is a green card spouse. Americans think these people are the lowest and come here to get theirs.

(true...Fernanda. But, not with Paola)

Paola had enough....it is 5 years!

When the mom said, I even talked to other Latina women.

This instance had nothing to do with Paola ‘acting’ Latina.

This was the mom’s own ignorant feelings for not accepting her son married a foreigner. 

This lady obviously has a superiority complex.........then tried to blamed it on Paola.......AND......our Latin culture. 

This is the part I am trying to explain and it is the real issue here.

Russ Mom.....you outed your true self and now accept it!

This is why she made sure to say that on tv.  Thinking she was going to look good but it had the complete opposite effect.

She might play the old sweet religious lady.....but, at that instance she acted just like Mama Chantel.

Let me tell yah.  What Latin people hate the most is hypocrites.

Family acting this way.

Russ mom behaved like a hypocrite.  She is not nice. She was not nice to Paola.  She focused too much on Paola’s culture and immigrant status.  She also wished her son probably had met a local girl  because dealing with someone like Paola (green card spouse) was beneath Russ....and, their family. 

Y’all might not see it.  But, Paola is the one acting like the bigger person here.  She is staying away.  Keeping this drama away from the cameras and her own family. And, maybe even protecting her husband.  

She doesn’t want to turn their storyline into  Family Chantel.

I think she is genuinely hurt and her pride bruised.

She wants to return to OK when she is certain Family Russ has accepted her.

She is still healing......and, wants to focus on a healthy pregnancy and baby. 

Family Russ is on....Pause!

But what if they lived like 4 hours away?  Pao should want her child to have some relationship with his grandparents who may not have the means to get out to Miami or be able to afford a hotel.  

I mean Oklahoma City isn't Miami, but it's at least a city.  And maybe it's not very close to Tulsa.  Win/win.

Serious question though - is gas an oil more of a cyclical industry?  If the whole industry is subject to mass layoffs, I can maybe see her some of her side.

Bonus - as weird as Russ looks, he looks fairly normal in Oklahoma.  Not sure if it's solely by comparison or if he just normalizes in the Midwest and he's got a tee time.

21 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But what if they lived like 4 hours away?  Pao should want her child to have some relationship with his grandparents who may not have the means to get out to Miami or be able to afford a hotel.  

I mean Oklahoma City isn't Miami, but it's at least a city.  And maybe it's not very close to Tulsa.  Win/win.

Serious question though - is gas an oil more of a cyclical industry?  If the whole industry is subject to mass layoffs, I can maybe see her some of her side.

Bonus - as weird as Russ looks, he looks fairly normal in Oklahoma.  Not sure if it's solely by comparison or if he just normalizes in the Midwest and he's got a tee time.

Even if oil and gas is cyclical, she is going to age out of modeling soon enough.  Then what?  A retail job at a cosmetics counter? That won’t pay Miami rent.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Even if oil and gas is cyclical, she is going to age out of modeling soon enough.  Then what?  A retail job at a cosmetics counter? That won’t pay Miami rent.

Fair enough, but it tips the scales a little if they are going to buy a big house and build that comfy suburban life just to have the rug pulled out from under them.

And it puts them square into...."hey, let's just move in with my folks for a while" territory.  Which I do think would make all parties miserable

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I don't believe for an instant that Russ's family did not accept Pao.  I think she was using it as an excuse to move to where she wanted - which was Miami.  She kept up contact with the nasty Juan (if she would have been embarrassed about her situation with anyone it would have been him) she just didn't want to bother with her family.  

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

JMPO, but I think Pao is the problem.  It doesn’t matter what Russ’ family did or didn’t do, the result would have been the same.   Pao would have made Russ’ family the enemy no m after how nice they were to her in order to justify going to Miami to be a model.

This X 1000

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Pao should be with Pedro, both would live happily ever after together partying and having a great care free life in the DR.  

Pao wants to live in Miami, not the DR. She wants to be a model and be espicy. I doubt she’d like living with Sister Pedro and Mother Pedro. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Pao wants to live in Miami, not the DR. She wants to be a model and be espicy. I doubt she’d like living with Sister Pedro and Mother Pedro. 

They have modeling agencies in the DR and from what I saw in last show it looks like they are "espicy".

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

They are both not good for each other right now.  This is why Pao and the mom need to stay living apart.  Both are so respectful to each other. Russ mom can come visit.  And, they can visit, too.

These ‘cheaper places’ that do not have a true middle class supporting a healthy infrastructure have a lot of ‘hidden costs’ to them.

They have bad public education. So, now you gotta pay $10,000 to enroll your kid in a private elementary school.

You gotta spend more in housing because you have to live in a nicer safer neighborhood. 

You gotta spend more on car insurance because it is more crime and poorer people not having their own insurance. So, your insurance knows they will pay even if someone else is at fault.

Health insurance premium is more since poorer states have poorer health.

Utilities tend to be higher.  Taxes are higher. They even tax your groceries which is not the norm. Groceries cost more. 

Even flying cost more (and, more hassle) because you are always having to hop to a major airport first. 

This is just your basic living. It hurts middle class people. They end up picking up the slack for the low income and less than modern infrastructure.

Then you pay all this money and don’t get much back in return......if there is not much to do in your city.

I got stuck in a city like this once. (Well, twice!)  I ended up paying all this extra money for my basic living.........and for my return all I got was a simple mall, (not even a Sephora),  1 movie theater and the best restaurant was a Bennigan’s. Even my Wal-Mart was not even a Super Walmart. Hahahahahahahah! 

Oh! And, the roads were bad and I ended up beating up my new car. 

And, Hail!  HAIL.....storms..... twice-three  times a year! The roof of my car had hail damaged. 

I also had to pay to drive. There was a toll road to get to my job.  It was either pay the toll road daily and live in a safe neighborhood.......or, skip the toll road and live next to the low income projects. 

Unless, he has a permanent job offer (oil & gas tends to be janky) and making $250,000.....I would not move. 

Beware of ‘cheap cities’ with good job offers, Folks! 

The local people are lovely, though.

If Russ is Mormon.  Well, the Church wants their money.....before he can set foot inside.

Lots of this sounds like every major city in the US. More so than a suburb:

Much. Higher. Housing. Costs.

Suburbs closest to the city aren’t much less expensive.

Higher cost of living which cancels out higher wages for all but the lobbyists and lawyers.

Not great public school system. Area private schools can run as high as $60,000 per year.

Higher density and higher crime. Been a few fatal shootings lately.

Higher taxes. Holy shit the property taxes!

Lord, the potholes! I’ve hit some on my daily commute that made my souls leave my body for a few moments.

Higher grocery cost. 

Higher utilities

Services more expensive

Higher auto insurance due to break-ins and hit and runs while parked on the street (my car was hit twice).

I’m describing Washington, DC. Not anywhere in Oklahoma. And the row houses in my neighborhood sell in the $700,000’s.

I still have no desire to live in Oklahoma, but let’s not sell major cities as being safer and more affordable. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I don’t believe that for a minute. Paola cut off her family because she was too busy partying up in Miami and getting $400 hair coloring and extensions to save for plane tickets to visit. They were not a priority to her. That excuse she gave was pathetic and she basically blamed Russ for her disappearance from their lives.

Not cool.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, Drogo said:

Miami, Dallas, Juneau, NYC, Chicago...
Why anyone would want to raise a child nowhere near any of its grandparents is beyond me. 

If there are any grandparents out there whose children are shunning them and would like to adopt my kids as grandkids (responsibilities include but not limited to sending them cards with $5 on their birthdays, accepting phone calls for them to jabber on about their group projects and latest friendship drama, telling them stories about walking uphill in the snow both ways to school, proudly posting abstract art on their refrigerator, etc.) PM me for an application.

I think you’re joking, but I am that grandmother.  My daughter cut off her entire family almost eight years ago.  My grandchildren are 16 and 14 now and I know nothing about them.

• Love 2