Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

I will never be a fan of these efforts to show men what pregnancy and labor feel like, unless it also includes the vast changes to the body afterward. How about these men losing those gym hard bodies that they've worked so hard to achieve and the subsequent struggles to get back in shape!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I've been noticing her missing too which is strange because (contrary to your wishes Judy) she seemed to be all in for Hannah on Colton's season. Or at least until I stopped reading her posts, (which sure gave that indication) so unless she's changed her mind I would probably find  another partner in snark

Ah then I'll let her enjoy her vacation ( I hope that's what's keeping her away.)  I have no memory of what anyone thought of Hannah on the Colton show, I just remembered Mu Shu as someone who doesn't mind going against the popularity flow when she dislikes someone.  Her anti-Kendall thing always cracked me up.

Hannah may win me over yet, but that clip from last season where she implies that  Caelynn is a mean, manipulative, jealous person while grinning from ear to ear  -- reminded me why I had the idea that she herself is a mean, manipulative, jealous person.  But this season there are no other women around  to bother her and all the men are constantly telling her how beautiful she is, so we're seeing a much happier Hannah.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Arkay said:

I will never be a fan of these efforts to show men what pregnancy and labor feel like, unless it also includes the vast changes to the body afterward.

Plus labor pains aren't a bit like those short, sharp shocks.  Unless they can put a  bowling ball inside the man and drag it from sternum to pelvic bone over and over for 4 to 24 hours, nothing else comes close.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, Mabinogia said:

I'm kind of liking this group date. It is just as humiliating/embarrassing as others, but it is kind of more practical. A lot of her guys are growing on me, with a couple exceptions. JPJones/Cam/Luke.

I hate her embarrassing or inflicting physical pain on these dates. However, given that I've been married ten years and have birthed two children, I would love to put my husband through this so he understands!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:14 PM, leighdear said:

Do they usually have snacks on the table at the cocktail parties?  When they have a bachelor & all those women, too?   I never noticed them before. 

I was laughing so hard at the chicken nuggets... and also started craving them...

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, saber5055 said:

John PJ was chowing the nuggets. Brought back flashes of that meat-eating guy from a couple seasons ago, he was on b-ette and bip.

This was also funny. As Cam is staring What's-His-Face down, JPJ was chowing down on them nuggets!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:36 PM, Mabinogia said:

wait, did I miss something? When did she go to the hospital? I thought I was watching but I don't remember how that happened. 

You thought you were watching? LOL

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, SallyAlbright said:

Yep, and she still looked great even with that bright red nose I too get when I'm feeling like crap. 

I like her red nose!

• Love 2
On 5/28/2019 at 9:42 PM, Lamb18 said:

I'm watching this right now - the first group date is wrapping up. I'm astounded by Cam's delusion, thinking of himself as bold and charismatic. And I was suddenly inspired! Cam should hook up with Kelsey Poe!! and share their self-delusions with each other!

Jonathan was so funny, sitting on the sofa with that smug smile while Cam is glowering at him.

That whole scene took me back to Kelsey and Ashley I in the desert together with Kelsey staring daggers at Ashley. Good times... 

If Hannah had actually been into Jonathan, I think his power move would have gone over better. But based on that screamingly awkward deleted scenes video posted above, that relationship was dead in the water. That was painful to watch. 

It was a weird story - he had something on his leg and the doctors said they would have to AMPUTATE!    but then they didn't.  and his grandma died.  then, at some point later, his leg problem might lead to AMPUTATION!  and he gave his dog away.  but kept his leg.  

This entire episode was weird. There were so many times where I rewound thinking that I had to have missed something, but no. The revelation that Tyler G was gone was so muted and especially Hannah's hospitalization was extremely underplayed. This show loves nothing more than to take a dramatic clip of someone in the hospital and use it in every (misleading) preview, but they never even led into the scene, it was just a sudden cut to Hannah in the hospital. Weird. 

I had, and still have, no idea what Cam was talking about. I agree that Mike was a bit shady in the way he presented the info, but I don't think he was wrong about the motivation.

I want to know more about these goodbye letters. Is this a thing that happens?  "Dear fellas, by the time you read this I will be gone. Think of me with laughter in your hearts and nuggets in your mouth!"

Mike's story about losing the baby left me with questions.  He said it was his fault because he wasn't there for her (his ex) at the time and it's one way he could be a better man. I'm going to need a list of the ways in which he wasn't there for her to make more sense of his statements.

LOL (at the letters part, not the baby part). Besides the general weirdness of goodbye letters, didn't most of those guys hate Cam? 

I also wasn't quite following how Mike not being there for his gf resulted in the loss of their baby. The loss of the relationship, yes, but not the baby. It also seemed like a tricky story to tell someone at this stage of a relationship, it speaks to unresolved emotions from a previous one and if Hannah's got so many choices, I don't see her taking that road.

Grant looks like Alec Baldwin.  I think that's why he looks so old.

I don't know if I see Alec Baldwin, but he does look like someone, and it drives me bananas that I can't place who it is. He's also got a jowly thing starting that makes him look like a beer drinking dad. Also, some of these guys, like the guy whose date was just him laying in bed with Hannah, look like they're about 15, so he looks extra old by comparison. It's just laughable when they talk about engagement and marriage and then have guys that look like high schoolers. 

I also find Grant really attractive for some reason. And I'm only 30 (well, ancient by Bachelor standards) so it's not because he looks middle-aged.

I do too. He's got this affable way about him, like he's light-hearted and fun most of the time. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

That whole scene took me back to Kelsey and Ashley I in the desert together with Kelsey staring daggers at Ashley. Good times... 

And the immortal words Kelsey spit out at Ashley while they were sitting on the bed....."I know what you did"!  *ROFL*

I think the fact that they all have pretty dark hair makes them seem pretty interchangeable.  I think Luke has the lightest hair, but not even close to blonde.  His "beard" is pretty light.  I can't stand the way his mouth is set right up under his nose, the tip practically touches his upper lip.  It makes his chin look so huge, it freaks me out.

I like Grant too, but he doesn't remind me of anybody in particular.  And I think 30 is THE prime age for most men.  Still boyish, but a bit of "seasoning" in their looks and maybe a few laugh lines.  I need to go to Reality Steve's and look at Grant some more...... 😉 over

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

The revelation that Tyler G was gone was so muted and especially Hannah's hospitalization was extremely underplayed. This show loves nothing more than to take a dramatic clip of someone in the hospital and use it in every (misleading) preview, but they never even led into the scene, it was just a sudden cut to Hannah in the hospital. Weird. 

Yeah I literally rewound the part that started with the ambulance out of nowhere and Hannah in the hospital bed. I thought for SURE I missed something skipping the commercials or something. But no, that's the way it was presented. I was all WTF??

Also if you tuned out for a second you missed Hannah say (approx) "I'm a little sad about Tyler G going home." which was about all the info we were given.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah I literally rewound the part that started with the ambulance out of nowhere and Hannah in the hospital bed. I thought for SURE I missed something skipping the commercials or something. But no, that's the way it was presented. I was all WTF??

Also if you tuned out for a second you missed Hannah say (approx) "I'm a little sad about Tyler G going home." which was about all the info we were given.

I was watching on Hulu without any commercials and I STILL rewound just to make sure I hadn't zoned out and missed something.

Also, I didn't know the name of the guy she'd just been on the date with (turned out to be Connor), so I thought the guy who was sent home was him at first. She talked about having fun on their date so I just assumed it was that guy and then was confused when he turned back up at the house. 

Overall, it was a really oddly edited episode. 

I think the fact that they all have pretty dark hair makes them seem pretty interchangeable.  I think Luke has the lightest hair, but not even close to blonde.  His "beard" is pretty light.  I can't stand the way his mouth is set right up under his nose, the tip practically touches his upper lip.  It makes his chin look so huge, it freaks me out.

John Paul Jones is blonde and is one of the few who looks different enough from the crowd to immediately pick out. There is a huge mass of poofy-haired brunettes who blend together for me, along with several guys we literally only see during rose ceremonies. She calls those names and faces pop up that I can't recall even seeing in the background of house or group date scenes. I know this happens every season, but it almost seems like they must do it on purpose, otherwise how do you manage to get all this footage of a group of people that never, ever includes a handful of them. Do they hang out alone in their rooms or what? 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, leighdear said:

And the immortal words Kelsey spit out at Ashley while they were sitting on the bed....."I know what you did"!  *ROFL*

I like Grant too, but he doesn't remind me of anybody in particular.  And I think 30 is THE prime age for most men.  Still boyish, but a bit of "seasoning" in their looks and maybe a few laugh lines.  I need to go to Reality Steve's and look at Grant some more...... 😉 over

Hell yes to men around 30! Men in their 20’s can still look a little too baby-faced and teenager for my tastes, but around 30 men are still young enough that they don’t have deep wrinkles and typically still have a nice head of hair. I can appreciate men in their 40’s, but around 30 is definitely the prime of being just boyish enough! 

• Love 2
On 5/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, tinkerbell said:

It was a weird story - he had something on his leg and the doctors said they would have to AMPUTATE!    but then they didn't.  and his grandma died.  then, at some point later, his leg problem might lead to AMPUTATION!  and he gave his dog away.  but kept his leg.  

My guess at the reality -  some diagnosis, the doctors discussed a procedure, said if it didn't work, things could get worse, and they might even have to amputate his leg.  His leg improved, whatever un-named health problem he had was resolved.  And, oh, two other things happened around the same time that were unrelated.  Not that much of a story, but one you can embellish to sound traumatic and tragic.  

Oh, and a previous girlfriend probably broke up with him after hearing the "I almost had my leg AMPUTATED!"  story one too many times. 

He's got lymphodema which is a condition where the lymph system doesn't function or drain properly. If a limb (usually a leg) becomes too swollen and won't drain, amputation may be required because the extreme swelling can destroy the tissue from the inside out. 

His apparently was serious enough to consider amputation, but surprisingly resolved. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

John Paul Jones is blonde and is one of the few who looks different enough from the crowd to immediately pick out. 

Right, I keep forgetting about him once he's off the screen.  Just not memorable for me at all, except for the squinched-up little Heath Ledger-type mouth.  Hate it.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

There is a huge mass of poofy-haired brunettes who blend together for me, along with several guys we literally only see during rose ceremonies.

I can't tell one apart from another either, except for JPJ, the only different one. If I miss the two seconds the name is shown during a TH, I don't know who is talking, and the name isn't repeated when the TH keeps coming back to talk more. Not that it matters. I just don't know which guys are the ones you all are talking about! (Not that that matters either.)

I had the same problem in Colton's season, all the women had the same hair, looked the same. Even down to the final few I couldn't tell them apart. I think the season of Hannah will be the same for me. Not that it matters!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

He's got lymphodema which is a condition where the lymph system doesn't function or drain properly. If a limb (usually a leg) becomes too swollen and won't drain, amputation may be required because the extreme swelling can destroy the tissue from the inside out. 

His apparently was serious enough to consider amputation, but surprisingly resolved. 

There are many ways to tell someone about your condition.  You, xtwheeler, did a great job of explaining Cam's.  Cam had to throw in all the drama with the dead Grandma and re-homed puppy.  Why he couldn't have kept it short and simple, "I have a lymph condition that got so bad many years ago, there was discussion of amputating my leg.  Fortunately, that didn't happen."

If things got more serious with Hannah, she would probably ask him more about his condition.  That would be up to her. But to drag her away from the tailgate party where the mood is light and happy, and go into this long diatribe (that's probably been rehearsed and stated many times over) was nothing but a downer. It felt very contrived and desperate.  I'm glad Hannah saw through that - even if she did have help from Mike.

Edited by deSchenke
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I was watching on Hulu without any commercials and I STILL rewound just to make sure I hadn't zoned out and missed something. 

Me three, four wherever we are 😋..except I rewound to a few minutes before the commercials started...then ff'd and grit my teeth through the last few seconds of the last commercial so I wouldn't miss a millisecond! Aaaaand just ONE brief sentence by Hannah hardly skipping a beat to the next topic she was gabbing about! What a weird way to do things. 🙄 I'm curious to know more, but I'm obsessively unspoiled to the point of not clicking on any links or googling anything bachelorette related. I'll have to wait until atfr to find out...if I even care or remember to. 😜

Ahem, clearing throat 😏..at the risk of incriminating myself for doing this lol, I went back to my Night #1 first impression notes on Tyler G. This is exactly what I had scribbled down..." 28, Psych grad student, Florida, intense eyebrows, "girl of my dreams" comment, navy blue jacket, white shirt open, no tie. " I vividly remember what he looked like and thought he was not my definition of attractive...but I cannot remember if my reaction to his "girl of my dreams" comment was my BS meter clanging or my appreciating his romantic side. 🤔

I'm saying there's a possibility that I was fooled into thinking he was romantic...shudder...

Sounds like he won't be on BIP😨

Edited by Pass the Tequila
clarification
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, deSchenke said:

There are many ways to tell someone about your condition.  You, xtwheeler, did a great job of explaining Cam's.  Cam had to throw in all the drama with the dead Grandma and re-homed puppy.  Why he couldn't have kept it short and simple, "I have a lymph condition that got so bad many years ago, there was discussion of amputating my leg.  Fortunately, that didn't happen."

He said many women leave him after hearing about his condition but it probably wasn't the condition that scared them away but his drama queen tendencies. But what do I know? I would have dumped him after his first over rehearse line that he thinks is soooooo clever. I wouldn't even have finished my drink. I would have just said I was going to use the ladies room and RAN as far as I could away from him, changed my number, moved, whatever it took to insure that nutcase was out of my life. 

See Cam, I can be a drama queen too. 😛

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 5/30/2019 at 9:42 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Someone else said it earlier, but I also thought she was just extremely dehydrated. As for why is was all so abrupt, I assumed it hit her after the cameras were gone for the night, and that they only caught up with her when she got to the hospital, but probably weren't allowed into her room until the point we saw.  Throw in some stock ambulance footage and we got all they had.

• Love 1
On 5/30/2019 at 6:07 PM, ljenkins782 said:

I also wasn't quite following how Mike not being there for his gf resulted in the loss of their baby. The loss of the relationship, yes, but not the baby. It also seemed like a tricky story to tell someone at this stage of a relationship, it speaks to unresolved emotions from a previous one and if Hannah's got so many choices, I don't see her taking that road.

This is why I'm not a fan of the "forced intimacy" part of TB and TBette. The pursuers are expected to have these very private sharing moments with people they barely know. It always comes across scripted because it is. Molestation, abuse, illness and miscarriage are not subjects normal people would bring up on a 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd date, especially when the relationship is not even monogamous yet.

In this case, I do at least find it realistic that a birth simulation might bring up those memories for Mike. How could it not? That doesn't necessarily mean he has unresolved feelings about the past relationship. 

On 5/31/2019 at 1:18 PM, xtwheeler said:

But he NEVER said it was resolved. He just started talking about his Grandma and his puppy in immediate succession. That's why so many of us started looking for a prosthetic. And what made his whole approach so suspect.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

The pursuers are expected to have these very private sharing moments with people they barely know. It always comes across scripted because it is. Molestation, abuse, illness and miscarriage are not subjects normal people would bring up on a 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd date, especially when the relationship is not even monogamous yet.

I agree with this. Which makes me wonder why TPTB wanted Cam to tell Hannah all about his illness that has made every woman break up with him in the past. Isn't that sort of stupid to do on a dating show where the prize is KEEPING the woman? Doesn't make sense to me.

But my money is on Cam going to BIP.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Cam was throwing too many Hail Mary passes in that conversation by adding on and on to his litany of tragedies. I seriously doubt Cam being dumped had to do with his leg. I’m a little nonplussed that he didn’t pull up his pant’s leg to reveal a peg leg.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Cam was throwing too many Hail Mary passes in that conversation by adding on and on to his litany of tragedies. I seriously doubt Cam being dumped had to do with his leg. I’m a little nonplussed that he didn’t pull up his pant’s leg to reveal a peg leg.  

Although I find myself filled with self-loathing in finding some rationality in Cam, I do think it is possible that his condition did cause him to lose relationships.  If his condition could recur I can imagine some people deciding they didn't want to have to handle it.  They wouldn't be the first people who decided to bail rather than take on a responsibility of care.   I'd like to think that wouldn't be the case.  But does anyone really think it doesn't happen?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Although I find myself filled with self-loathing in finding some rationality in Cam, I do think it is possible that his condition did cause him to lose relationships. 

I actually am sure it has happened to him. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy someone would want to go through the worst of times for. And though I know from experience (friend, not me) that someone who has promised to be with you for better of for worse can decide they don't want to deal with your cancer and walk out on you, I don't think he was anywhere near that level of commitment with his previous GFs so they probably weren't all that invested in him when he dropped the bomb on them. Especially if he did it as soon as he did with Hannah. 

I just find his timing odd. He claims he only thought he might be going home BECAUSE he was telling her his sob story. He also said he didn't feel they had had enough time together. So he's basically telling someone he barely knows, who at this point has shown no real strong feelings for him, that he may end up having an amputated leg some day.

So either, he thought he was going home already and this was his last ditch effort to stay, or he wanted to get kicked off for some reason and told her a story he thought would get him booted. It was just really odd that he claims he was afraid she would boot him for it but he went and did it this soon in their "relationship" after having a history of women leaving him because of this information. Wait until she's more invested in you dude. She had no reason to keep him at this point. 

• Love 4
On 5/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, betha said:

For me it’s a young Patrick Swayze!

Yes!! I think he’s adorable.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:19 PM, Koalagirl said:

I was waiting for they guy who was getting his chest waxed to scream “Kelly Clarkson” but he disappointed me. 

I seriously would have married someone on the spot for making that particular reference in the heat of the moment. 

On 5/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, Nowhere said:

My dad was an airline pilot and my mom had it rough. Peter’s parents work it out because flight attendants and pilots can schedule to fly together when they’re married, as my dad did with his second wife. I had a great dad and I love him and miss him dearly, but when I was dating, I would turn down all pilots. They have a lot of temptation and they’re gone half the week. I wouldn’t want one for a husband.

Hannah would kill it as a flight attendant, actually. I can see them following that same path. I’m team Hannah-Peter.

Dad-bod Grant reminds me of a less hot Kyle Chandler. 

E0BDF2AD-E7BB-456F-B757-922AC0D434A6.jpeg

• Love 2
On 5/27/2019 at 9:12 PM, CindyBee said:

I've never seen a bachelorette contestant with crazy eyes like Luke P.  

Guess they psych tester was off that day when his app went through!

From waaaaayyyyy back in the Real World and Road Rules days, my contention has been that ALL of the reality shows don't pick the ones that pass the psych tests but the ones who fail. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

From waaaaayyyyy back in the Real World and Road Rules days, my contention has been that ALL of the reality shows don't pick the ones that pass the psych tests but the ones who fail. 

Yeah, I think they go for those who fall somewhere above "this person is slightly off" but below "this person is likely to kill the entire household". They want the crazy, but they want somewhat manageable crazy because they don't want to get sued. It's a fine line that I think they get closer and closer to crossing each season. 

• Love 1