Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

the football player had a dear "girl" friend who was one of the contestants so she could spy on the other girls. 

THANK YOU!

I KNEW I'd seen something like this on the show before, but I had no idea which season it was and couldn't even remember if the embedded spy was a guy or girl lol.

2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Omg Connor is the first man i hAve ever seen with a vocal fry— i can not stand to listen to him one more second. How can she listen to him. ??

It’s excruciating. Becca’s Blake has something similar and it’s so distracting. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Matteo?  devin?  who are they? 

I need the names of each guy who is talking, I can't figure out who is who.  A couple of the guys look like they're 19.  One (grant?)  looks 40. 

Cam is Evan from BiP - the one who snagged Carly, with the weird eyebrows.

And Speaking of eyebrows - Hannah's are too close together, it gives her a weird, almost angry look.  There's something about -  hold a pencil up, make a straight line from the outside of your nose up, and that's where you start your eyebrow.  Just a little bit of trimming, and her face would look less severe. 

Luke S reminds me of Justin Timberlake.

Why does Hannah delight in seeing guys writhe and scream in pain?  There's something wrong with her.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Matteo?  devin?  who are they? 

Not sure about Devin, but I believe Matteo is the sperm donor who has so far fathered 114 children. Can't wait to see how that's brought up this season.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, threebluestars said:

For ages I've wished they would have a mole on the inside - like a guy Hannah's good friends with pretending to be one of the suitors that could report back to her on how they really act (or, even better, two of them so you can compare opinions).

The first night of (I think) JoJo's season, former Bachelor Jake Pavelka was wandering around the mansion making small talk with the guys, most of whom were giving talking head interviews resenting his presence since "he already had his chance." Turns out he was just there to wish childhood friend JoJo well and report on a few of the douchier guys.

9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I was under the impression that they did a background check on the contestants.

Doing a 100% comprehensive background check is much harder than you'd think. When people recall the mid-2000s trainwreck Who Wants to Marry a Multimillionaire?, they think it was pulled off the air after one ep because the winner Darva Conger hated the guy she married. It was actually yanked because right after the show aired, it was revealed that the "Multimillionaire" Rick Rockwell had had a restraining order slapped on him a decade before by an ex-girlfriend who'd claimed he'd hit her. A Fox spokesperson said that since they'd done the best background check they could possibly do and still missed something that would have been immediately disqualifying, it would be difficult to continue the show.

9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Why does everyone here make fun of John Paul Jones?

He's hot, I like 😋

For me, it's two things: 

1) Insisting he be referred to by his first, middle and last names is a sign of a major pretentious asshat. The fact that he shares the name with a member of my favorite music group of all time (Led Zeppelin) just makes it more irritating.

2) His affected surfer-wannabe manner of speaking just grates.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

And Speaking of eyebrows - Hannah's are too close together, it gives her a weird, almost angry look

Yep and her smile always looks like she's just on the edge of that psycho laughter we saw whenever the men were in pain.  I honestly have bad dreams about her face after every show.

Her way with the men is something we've never seen on the show before.  I'm sure the Bachelors and B'ettes have been told to allow the, "Can I steal you?" interruptions because they've always put up with it, even when the conversation (or make out session) was going well.  Yet Hannah is giving instructions about stepping aside and waiting until she calls on them.  Hannah gives lectures to the group about the type of behavior she want to see and individual lessons on improvements the man needs to make and orders to "fix it!" Add in her delight in watching the men in pain and I'm starting to think "designer" isn't her true calling.  She would make a good Head Matron in a British boys school.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Why does Hannah delight in seeing guys writhe and scream in pain?  There's something wrong with her.  

I thought it was so funny.  I had the hugest smile on my face.  Whatever scientists thought this up, wow, they're geniuses.  I was wondering why I don't just YouTube this in my spare time.

It's consensual.  It's not like they're forced into it.  Men will never get to experience the pains of labour and now they can at least try if they want to.  I think it's pretty brilliant.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I think this Hannah is a very different Hannah than people thought they'd be getting. 

Now I have a question I can't find an answer to.  Someone reacted to one of my posts with the lightbulb icon.  All of the others are obvious (laughing, heart), but I don't understand what that is.  Thanks!!!!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I think this Hannah is a very different Hannah than people thought they'd be getting. 

Now I have a question I can't find an answer to.  Someone reacted to one of my posts with the lightbulb icon.  All of the others are obvious (laughing, heart), but I don't understand what that is.  Thanks!!!!

When you touch the icon, the meaning of each icon will pop up on your screen, or at least it should.  Lightbulb = "Useful".

• Love 2

Useful, interesting, insightful.  It makes me think of Oprah and her "lightbulb moments" meaning sudden understanding.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The first night of (I think) JoJo's season, former Bachelor Jake Pavelka was wandering around the mansion making small talk with the guys, most of whom were giving talking head interviews resenting his presence since "he already had his chance." Turns out he was just there to wish childhood friend JoJo well and report on a few of the douchier guys.

12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

On Jesse Palmer's season (way back during the show's Cretaceous period), the women were infiltrated by a friend of Palmer's. I think she might have been his sister-in-law, but I don't remember exactly. She stuck around for the first two episodes. I don't recall her giving any real useful information. 

But at least it was a more valid attempt at spying than whatever they've got Demi doing. Seriously, what is the point of Demi "spying"? The first time, she was spying on the men while they were with Hannah. This time, Hannah was with her spying on the men. So what is Demi learning that Hannah isn't?

The only real dirt Demi dug up (and I don't think she really dug it up) was the info on the guy with the girlfriend. But she found that out ahead of time, and the "spying" was all for show. 

And there is my answer. It is all for show. But I get the feeling the producers don't remember what "for show" means, as none of this is entertaining. 

• Love 7
(edited)

So, on tonight's episode I was crushing on Connor S and Peter is not bad too. So glad she got rid of Cam. I was expecting him to be kept around on purpose for the drama to continue. On the other hand, I was surprised she kept Luke. I thought she was done with this fool. I laughed so hard at the group date with the babies. My husband who was watching with me said he would be able to handle labor just fine. Ha

Edited by Carly13817
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought it was so funny.  I had the hugest smile on my face.  Whatever scientists thought this up, wow, they're geniuses.  I was wondering why I don't just YouTube this 

To each his/her own, I guess. 

I cringe at seeing people or animals in pain.  I certainly dont find it something to laugh at.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Carly13817 said:

So, on tonight's episode I was crushing on Connor S and Peter is not bad too. So glad she got rid of Cam. I was expecting him to be kept around on purpose for the drama to continue. On the other hand, I was surprised she kept Luke. I thought she was done with this fool. I laughed so hard at the group date with the babies. My husband who was watching with me said he would be able to handle labor just fine. Ha

I was crushing big time on Peter. Connor was adorable. 

I was laughing harder at the guys laughing when another guy was “in labor”! 

1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

I cringe at seeing people or animals in pain.  I certainly dont find it something to laugh at.

Those guys....no problem. An animal? I would have been through the tv screen!!

• Love 8

Happy to see Cam gone, but the way things were edited makes it look like Mike wasn’t entirely truthful with Hannah. I otherwise like Mike so I noticed this... Cam never said he was telling her the story so he could stick around (at least not that we were shown). He was saying his goodbyes because he said his health issues had been dealbreakers with other women in the past (frankly I think his personality was the dealbreaker but whatevs). So unless there is footage on the cutting room floor, Mike really did sabotage Cam. 

I loved that Hannah used the word irritating to describe Luke’s entitled behavior. That dude is simmering with barely concealed rage though. Good thing that cross necklace is always prominently displayed. Otherwise how would we know what a great guy he is. Ugh. 

Peter is the only palatable one to me. 

• Love 17

The guys seemed like they were having fun with the labor pains machine. Hell, my guy friends all took turn trying out the electric fence collar before setting it up for the one guy's dog, so I think it's pretty common for guys in their 20's to find these things amusing. What annoyed me was Hannah acting all superior about the whole thing...when she's never felt labor pains before. So now all of these guys have more experience with what giving birth feels like than you do, Hannah. God forbid you have a child with one of them, they will have every right to sit there while you're having contractions and say, "oh, it's not that bad...I remember when you told that woman to turn the machine up to 10 on me!" She should have done it too.

Also, epidurals for the win.

I'm finding this season more entertaining than the past few. Either they updated the script, or Hannah actually does take some liberties to speak up for herself. I love that she was getting annoyed with the interrupting guys and that she acknowledges the awkwardness of some of the situations. She even called out Cam for using a sob story! Unheard of! 

I still think she sees herself as just a bit too precious, but I'm liking her a lot more than I thought I would. And the girl can wear some clothes! I'm also jealous of her ring selection. Becca always had really nice rings, too. I wish they would put up links of where to buy these things. Although that giant tasseled necklace with the maroon sequin dress was just a bit too much for my taste.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

"Back in the year 2014"... wtf talks like that? Well I guess Cam does. 

OMFG is he telling like every tragic thing that happened in his life? Please let him be eliminated. This is just sad and painful to watch at this point. 

Back in the year 2014 when my grandmother's puppy was amputated...

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Here is the website that has some of her wardrobe on it.

https://wornontv.net/the-bachelorette/

Sharlene Joynt from Juan Pablo's season has a website called Pretty Panda where she posts recap of the week's episode and also posts where you can buy some of the wardrobe, sometimes posts less expensive versions, as well as the jewelry and shoes.  Sharlene's website is spoiler free.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

And Speaking of eyebrows - Hannah's are too close together, it gives her a weird, almost angry look. 

I found myself staring at Hannah's eyebrows whenever she had a closeup.  They are obviously faked, and drawn on so she looks like this guy, only it's both the brows that are similar to, but more severe than, this guy's one:

eye_brow-raise.jpg.59de391160b39830c695c1dc8912cf69.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought it was so funny.  I had the hugest smile on my face.  Whatever scientists thought this up, wow, they're geniuses.  I was wondering why I don't just YouTube this in my spare time.

It's consensual.  It's not like they're forced into it.  Men will never get to experience the pains of labour and now they can at least try if they want to.  I think it's pretty brilliant.

And no matter how sore their abs may be for a couple of days, their actual reproductive system will never go through the trauma of childbirth that a woman's does.  And for a lot longer than a day or so.  

Wussies.   🙂

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, leighdear said:

And no matter how sore their abs may be for a couple of days, their actual reproductive system will never go through the trauma of childbirth that a woman's does.  And for a lot longer than a day or so.  

Wussies.   🙂

Well, exactly!!

• Love 2

I was HOWLING during the tailgate party when one of the men held up a football pad (whatever the heck they’re called!) and let Hannah “take out her anger” on it only for her to throw her entire body weight forward and fall. Hilarious! One thing I really like about her is that she doesn’t do anything in half measures, lol. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Yep and her smile always looks like she's just on the edge of that psycho laughter we saw whenever the men were in pain.  I honestly have bad dreams about her face after every show.

Her way with the men is something we've never seen on the show before.  I'm sure the Bachelors and B'ettes have been told to allow the, "Can I steal you?" interruptions because they've always put up with it, even when the conversation (or make out session) was going well.  Yet Hannah is giving instructions about stepping aside and waiting until she calls on them.  Hannah gives lectures to the group about the type of behavior she want to see and individual lessons on improvements the man needs to make and orders to "fix it!" Add in her delight in watching the men in pain and I'm starting to think "designer" isn't her true calling.  She would make a good Head Matron in a British boys school.

That is kind of what I have wanted the contestant to do for years now.  I love that she didn't just let the people interrupt and say okay, I guess it is fine with me too.  As for the instructions, etc, I also like that she is being honest and telling them how she really feels.... very refreshing.  I think in some ways Emily was similar, but more subtle about it.  I think, kind of like Emily, it causes the men to be even more interested.  

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, PerfectPrincess said:

I was HOWLING during the tailgate party when one of the men held up a football pad (whatever the heck they’re called!) and let Hannah “take out her anger” on it only for her to throw her entire body weight forward and fall.

The guy pulled the football pad back just as she was going to run into it which is why she fell. Like Charlie Brown and the football that Lucy takes away as he's kicking at it. I thought it was a dick move on the guy's part. Both her knees had to have gotten bruised from her fall on the bricks. I would have kicked his ass to the curb so I'm not sure what I thought about Hannah laughing it off.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

The guy pulled the football pad back just as she was going to run into it which is why she fell. Like Charlie Brown and the football that Lucy takes away as he's kicking at it. I thought it was a dick move on the guy's part. Both her knees had to have gotten bruised from her fall on the bricks. I would have kicked his ass to the curb so I'm not sure what I thought about Hannah laughing it off.

To be fair, I don't think he thought she would go for it like she did.  I think the plan was to pull it away and hug her.  It didn't work because she went full steam ahead.  I've seen this move before somewhere  (probably one of the many football tv shows or movies I've watched).  It just didn't go like it does in the movies.

Friends, I have mixed feelings about how she handled Cam and Luke.  I kinda felt bad for Cam-- didn't Mike lie about him saying "pity rose?"  And he has been through a lot if he has this chronic illness that requires multiple surgeries, and I do think that's something Hannah should know and can understand why Cam was worried she wouldn't take it well.

And Luke...well..he is who he is.  I didn't like her reprimanding him like a child.  If he's not for you, and I don't blame her if he isn't, SEND HIM HOME!  Don't treat him like your child and tell him to fix his behavior.  Like he's a grown man you just met!  Cut him loose if you don't want him.  The whole Luke/Hannah dynamic is getting weirder to me.  I kinda get it more now after watching one of her interviews (no spoilers) where she stated all the other guys were cast before she was chosen as the bachelorette except Luke, so Luke made her feel like at least one of the guys are truly there for her.  But I don't love that she might just be keeping him around for her ego.

• Love 6

I feel Hannah’s maniacal laughter (labor simulation) was an acceptable response. (1) TPTB wanted that response, and (2) people in uncomfortable situations often revert to laughter. There’s two excuses for her behavior right there. 

I wish Hannah had just sent Cam home because he was annoying. But again chances are TPTB had possibly influenced her. You KNOW she KNEW he’s not “the one” for her. 🥴

Regarding Luke, I can’t figure out her attraction. He’s not even good looking! And his behavior should have opened her eyes to his unacceptable behavior. Of course, I have to keep in mind she’s not seeing all we are. But she should be seeing enough! 

He is as creepy as Cam. Just in a different way. 

• Love 5

Does anyone know why she went to the hospital?  I was wondering if she was extremely hungover or something.  It seems like they just gave her fluids and med for possible nausea.  It's very weird that they didn't identify what was wrong with her, like a virus or something, so I don't think it was anything like that.  And she sure made a quick recovery.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Arkay said:

Not sure about Devin, but I believe Matteo is the sperm donor who has so far fathered 114 children. Can't wait to see how that's brought up this season.

Pease tell me these 114 children are scattered throughout the US and not in one town. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Doing a 100% comprehensive background check is much harder than you'd think. When people recall the mid-2000s trainwreck Who Wants to Marry a Multimillionaire?, they think it was pulled off the air after one ep because the winner Darva Conger hated the guy she married. It was actually yanked because right after the show aired, it was revealed that the "Multimillionaire" Rick Rockwell had had a restraining order slapped on him a decade before by an ex-girlfriend who'd claimed he'd hit her. A Fox spokesperson said that since they'd done the best background check they could possibly do and still missed something that would have been immediately disqualifying, it would be difficult to continue the show.

For me, it's two things: 

1) Insisting he be referred to by his first, middle and last names is a sign of a major pretentious asshat. The fact that he shares the name with a member of my favorite music group of all time (Led Zeppelin) just makes it more irritating.

2) His affected surfer-wannabe manner of speaking just grates.

These guys have a lot of grating voices.  They have vocal fry, valley girl, surfer, and dumb jock. I couldn’t handle any of the conversations. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, threebluestars said:

THANK YOU!

I KNEW I'd seen something like this on the show before, but I had no idea which season it was and couldn't even remember if the embedded spy was a guy or girl lol.

and i just remembered his name lol--Jessie or jamie Palmer?

16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

These guys have a lot of grating voices.  They have vocal fry, valley girl, surfer, and dumb jock. I couldn’t handle any of the conversations. 

I couldnt beleive Connors vocal fry and upspeak. get thee to a speech therapist!! 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I have a feeling that Jesus is not Luke’s homeboy as he would like us to believe. I hope he gets a big serving of humble pie. 

Me too, his biggest fault in my eyes is the way he kept telling Hannah that she was the perfect woman for him in every way.  Full stop.  Like that was all that needed to be said.  It clearly had never dawned on him that he  might not be her idea of perfect.  Then when she criticized him he seemed to be in shock and the love he professed last week went down a notch.  I think he's a little bit scary, actually. 

1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

Friends, I have mixed feelings about how she handled Cam and Luke.  I kinda felt bad for Cam-- didn't Mike lie about him saying "pity rose?"  And he has been through a lot if he has this chronic illness that requires multiple surgeries, and I do think that's something Hannah should know and can understand why Cam was worried she wouldn't take it well.

My husband and I laughed when he got to the puppy, but I agree with you.  His "opening up" sad speech wasn't any worse than most of them are.  I, like most people, had a few health scares in my past that I didn't feel the need to share on my first date.  Just a few months ago the odd subject of Latin teachers came up and I said, "My Latin teacher saved my life."  Which she had, by noticing a red line of blood poisoning going up my leg. That was the first  time my husband had heard the story and we've been married 210 dog years.

What was weirdest to me was the kissing session that started up immediately after, "My girlfriend and I lost our baby."

• Love 14

I liked that she told Luke he was acting like something had already been promised to him.  That was perfectly worded.  I was done when he told her, “Let me cut you off right there” and started to speak.  Good for Hannah for telling him to let her finish, but she should have finished by showing him the door.

• Love 22
56 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

weirdest to me was the kissing session that started up immediately after, "My girlfriend and I lost our baby."

YES YES YES Mike got the pity rose.  He also has no chemistry with Hannah IMO.  He was the one crying in her arms.  Yet he throws shade at Cam for seeking a "pity rose."  HELLO, look in the mirror, buddy.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

YES YES YES Mike got the pity rose.  He also has no chemistry with Hannah IMO.  He was the one crying in her arms.  Yet he throws shade at Cam for seeking a "pity rose."  HELLO, look in the mirror, buddy.

I agree in principle. but I think what pissed Hannah off the most was the fact that Cam admittedly thought he could be going home that morning (note the fact that he was writing good-bye letters to the guys he was friendly with) and decided to tell her the story which could be construed as a last ditch effort to stay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I agree in principle. but I think what pissed Hannah off the most was the fact that Cam admittedly thought he could be going home that morning (note the fact that he was writing good-bye letters to the guys he was friendly with) and decided to tell her the story which could be construed as a last ditch effort to stay.

I thought Cam didn't explain himself well to Hannah.  Didn't he think he would be in trouble of going home because of his story.  It wasn't that he thought he needed a sob story to stay.  He thought Hannah needed to know about his illness and might dump him for it because his illness had been a problem in other relationships.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

He thought Hannah needed to know about his illness and might dump him for it because his illness had been a problem in other relationships.  

I guess I zoned out during Cam's speeches since I didn't hear what his health problems are. All I heard was leg amputation, grandma and he had to "rehome" his dog, a fancy way of saying he gave it away. Or sold it. I have no idea how they all were suppose to mesh together.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 11