Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PrincessPurrsALot

S07:E21 The Assanti Brothers

Recommended Posts

I apologise if I missed this in the live chat.. but towards the beginning when Senior first visits Junior... there are a few (what look like) pee pads in front of the fireplace. Senior asks Junior what they are, and he keeps saying, "Decorations". WTH?? Cupcake wouldn't be using them I wouldn't think.. and I didn't see a puppy...?unless the timing was wonky and Justin's Corgi was there..?

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Dontcha love it how they set us up for the next ***yawn*** installment of this trio? At the end Justin just happens to say that he is done with Dr. Now (of course he's not) AND the cliffhanger of them not telling us about Steven's tox screen results.

Oh boy, the suspense is killing me...........

Unless they took blood before Dr Now spoke to them, it appeared that Steven and his father left the clinic without having it taken. Dr Now leaves the room, the two of them wait a couple minutes and then  one motions to the other and they leave the room and  nonchalantly stroll out.  

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I don’t remember what happened to their mother but they never talk about it and I’m surprised Dr. Now doesn’t have Dad go to therapy to figure out why he’s such an enabler.

Mom was a serious alcoholic who abandoned the family. That's why I've thought that both sons have Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders.

Dr. Now can't send Dad to therapy because Dad is not his patient. He could suggest it though.

Someone upthread mentioned a dark overtone to the conversations about what went on between Steven and Justin and I, too, have suspected that Steven sexually abused Justin. Those two just need to stay far, far apart.

Regarding Justin's hobby shop, in addition to whatever sells from the storefront, he might do an ok business selling stuff online?

  • Like 11
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Mom was a serious alcoholic who abandoned the family. That's why I've thought that both sons have Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders.

Dr. Now can't send Dad to therapy because Dad is not his patient. He could suggest it though.

Someone upthread mentioned a dark overtone to the conversations about what went on between Steven and Justin and I, too, have suspected that Steven sexually abused Justin. Those two just need to stay far, far apart.

Regarding Justin's hobby shop, in addition to whatever sells from the storefront, he might do an ok business selling stuff online?

I have long suspected that. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, trashtvaddict said:

I apologise if I missed this in the live chat.. but towards the beginning when Senior first visits Junior... there are a few (what look like) pee pads in front of the fireplace. Senior asks Junior what they are, and he keeps saying, "Decorations". WTH?? Cupcake wouldn't be using them I wouldn't think.. and I didn't see a puppy...?unless the timing was wonky and Justin's Corgi was there..?

Probably for the cat.  Steven is too lazy to take care of a litter box. Poor animals. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post

Steven was barefoot in a hospital. Barefoot. In a hospital. 

I’m not sure why that seems worse than being barefoot in all the other places.

I hate them so much it’s not even fun anymore. There’s nothing redeeming about them. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

I'm wondering if the "Why don't you two get along?" thing may be partly manufactured. I mean, seriously, how could you be so angry about that issue for so long? These two have always hated each other

I'm so glad you brought that up.  🙂  I posted this in the live chat, but Justin posted to Reddit about how upset he was with this episode, and how they manufactured everything.  The post has been removed, but starcasm picked it up.  https://starcasm.net/assanti-brothers-update-my-600-lb-life/

After seeing the episode, I wasn't exactly sure what he was upset about.  I didn't think he came across particularly terribly.  I then realized I think he is upset because the narrative of the show was trying to put forth the idea that Steven was doing better, and that the brothers were working towards reconciliation.  Justin wants none of that, and I don't blame him.  The best thing he could do is get away from his family.

Oh yeah- he also says he bought the dog himself, with money he got from being on the show.  The idea that his dad bought the dog for him was manufactured, too.

4 hours ago, Kenzie said:

It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to find someone who could knit some gigantic socks for Steven, maybe with drawstring cuffs so others wouldn't have to look at those feet.

I knit, though I don't knit socks.  I do know that sock patterns are for socks that are shaped like human feet.  Not sure how you could come up with something that would fit those monsters.  And who would want to get close enough to measure?  

3 hours ago, ProTourist said:

I understand the point you are making, but why would Steven Senior do this? What would motivate him to be so rotten toward Justin? Steven Senior has never impressed me as a delusional, abusive, or deranged person before -- he used to seem like the 'normal' one of the three. Maybe it was just that the show paid him to dramatize and stir up controversy, mostly at Justin's expense. Poor Justin. I was glad when he punched his father in the arm when his father was screaming senselessly at him in the car.

I agree that the show was pushing a narrative and stirring up drama.  However, someone on another forum suggested that maybe Sr. sees Justin as more stable, more "OK," so he gives his attention to Steven Jr. who is more damaged and in need of help.  (Not saying he should; just a theory about why he is that way).

14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Someone upthread mentioned a dark overtone to the conversations about what went on between Steven and Justin and I, too, have suspected that Steven sexually abused Justin. Those two just need to stay far, far apart.

I've thought that from day 1.  And even if he didn't, how dare Dad try to push Justin back to his abuser.  I mean, they all admit that Steven was physical with him.  It's ridiculous to try to make them reconcile when Steven won't even admit how bad the abuse was.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I’m not sure why that seems worse than being barefoot in all the other places.

Because hospitals, even the best run ones, are filthy. They are full of sick, germy people and there's all kinds of crap on the floor. No matter how much you clean, there are germs and gross stuff everywhere.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ProTourist said:

I haven't seen this new Part 4 episode as yet, but in a previous installment Steven mentioned that his father had his own window-washing business.

The window cleaning business made me snort. Anyone a fan of John Mortimer's "Rumpole of the Bailey" series? The preferred professions of his usual clients, petty criminals and lowlifes, included working as window cleaners! The better to see into people's houses and see who had good shit worth stealing. It makes me laugh every time I hear about Papa Assanti's "window cleaning business". Sure, dad. At the very least he's one of those people who "knows a guy", or he's probably sold fenced goods, drugs, or fake concert tickets; kept stuff in his garage for a friend and didn't ask any questions. He looks and acts shady.

  • Like 13
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hate these people and will not watch anymore of their nonsense.. far too many people need help that are willing to help themselves..

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Because hospitals, even the best run ones, are filthy. They are full of sick, germy people and there's all kinds of crap on the floor. No matter how much you clean, there are germs and gross stuff everywhere.

Amen.Bring a black light  to a hospital room  and see .. the filth.. that shows up under black light.. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hoo boy.  After watching some of this shit show and reading all the live chat, I am convinced that this is one of those situations where one child in a family is singled out for abuse, and that this child is of course Justin.  Both Stevens are the abusers.  Normally, it might be mother and father (and other siblings) picking on the chosen kid, and Steven Jr. is filling that maternal role, except that he clearly holds the power in the husband-wife scenario.  Usually it's the father (or boyfriend) who instigates and sustains the abusive behavior, but here it's the older son/mother figure.  I think it's entirely possible that the two Stevens might have killed Justin when he was a kid, except that they are enjoying the torture too much.  This explains why Father Steven insists on keeping Justin "close" to Steven--notice that Steven has no objection at all to being in the position of the hated one--so that they can continue to mistreat Justin.  With Steven living away (if he really is), it will be interesting to see if Father Steven keeps up the bullying on his own.

Buying and enabling the continued existence of that "store" is the tie that father uses to keep Justin dependent on him--that and Justin's morbid obesity.  The father is thin and wiry, so he clearly knows what Justin ought to be eating.  The father's willingness to provide Steven with pizza on demand is what ties Steven to his co-conspirator--father knows that Steven is the one who wields the power in their mistreatment of Justin, and he wants to keep Steven happy.  Hence the unwillingness to stand up to Steven--does he really think he'd get in trouble with the cops if he didn't order pizza for his son?  I think that threat/capitulation dance they do is part of their almost erotic relationship that maintains their joint ability to torment Justin.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 7
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post

From looking at the timeline on Steven's marriage, and everything else online, apparently this was finished filming over a year ago, and I'm sure the producers thought they could film another part to this s$*% show.          I think that's why there was the abrupt ending, and the blood tests were never taken, and Steven and Dad split.     This one showed the father is not only the enabler, but actively stealing and giving drugs to Steven.       

I think the producers really thought they would get more Steven and Justin footage (or in Steven's case hoofage) and finally gave up, put this one together, and aired it.    I hope to never see any of these people on my TV again, and hope Justin does lose every ounce he needs to, and goes on separate from Steven and his father, because he will never get anything from them.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Hoo boy.  After watching some of this shit show and reading all the live chat, I am convinced that this is one of those situations where one child in a family is singled out for abuse, and that this child is of course Justin.  Both Stevens are the abusers.  Normally, it might be mother and father (and other siblings) picking on the chosen kid, and Steven Jr. is filling that maternal role, except that he clearly holds the power in the husband-wife scenario.  Usually it's the father (or boyfriend) who instigates and sustains the abusive behavior, but here it's the older son/mother figure.  I think it's entirely possible that the two Stevens might have killed Justin when he was a kid, except that they are enjoying the torture too much.  This explains why Father Steven insists on keeping Justin "close" to Steven--notice that Steven has no objection at all to being in the position of the hated one--so that they can continue to mistreat Justin.  With Steven living away (if he really is), it will be interesting to see if Father Steven keeps up the bullying on his own.

Buying and enabling the continued existence of that "store" is the tie that father uses to keep Justin dependent on him--that and Justin's morbid obesity.  The father is thin and wiry, so he clearly knows what Justin ought to be eating.  The father's willingness to provide Steven with pizza on demand is what ties Steven to his co-conspirator--father knows that Steven is the one who wields the power in their mistreatment of Justin, and he wants to keep Steven happy.  Hence the unwillingness to stand up to Steven--does he really think he'd get in trouble with the cops if he didn't order pizza for his son?  I think that threat/capitulation dance they do is part of their almost erotic relationship that maintains their joint ability to torment Justin.

I lost all caring for Justin when he hit his Father while driving his fat ass to Texas ,he is a grown man and yet ,he thinks that behavior is ok.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I was rolling my eyes at all the 'Look at how great and thin Steven is! Don't you want to be like him?' stuff. The scalped-looking head, the giant saggy man boobs, the enormous rolls and lumps of diseased flesh on his lower half- oooh, who wouldn't love to look like HIM? I actually thought Justin was waaay easier on the eyes, at least he wears clothing and shoes.

Re. the skanky looking woman who supposedly married Steven: how can even a rat-lover get into a BED with that thing?

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I needed a shower after this episode. The entire family is insane. I don't even feel for Justin, if he hates Steven so much, move far away where Steven can't get to him.  Making the brothers spend time together is just for the show, no other reason.

I can't believe someone married Steven. And there are perfectly nice, attractive people out there who can't find someone to marry.

I can only hope for the best for Steven's cat and Justin's dog. Godspeed to them!

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I needed a shower after this episode. The entire family is insane. I don't even feel for Justin, if he hates Steven so much, move far away where Steven can't get to him.  Making the brothers spend time together is just for the show, no other reason.

I can't believe someone married Steven. And there are perfectly nice, attractive people out there who can't find someone to marry.

I can only hope for the best for Steven's cat and Justin's dog. Godspeed to them!

Some people should NEVER be allowed to have pets ,these people are perfect examples ...The Assanti Brothers

21 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I was rolling my eyes at all the 'Look at how great and thin Steven is! Don't you want to be like him?' stuff. The scalped-looking head, the giant saggy man boobs, the enormous rolls and lumps of diseased flesh on his lower half- oooh, who wouldn't love to look like HIM? I actually thought Justin was waaay easier on the eyes, at least he wears clothing and shoes.

Re. the skanky looking woman who supposedly married Steven: how can even a rat-lover get into a BED with that thing?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I was rolling my eyes at all the 'Look at how great and thin Steven is! Don't you want to be like him?' stuff. The scalped-looking head, the giant saggy man boobs, the enormous rolls and lumps of diseased flesh on his lower half- oooh, who wouldn't love to look like HIM? I actually thought Justin was waaay easier on the eyes, at least he wears clothing and shoes.

Re. the skanky looking woman who supposedly married Steven: how can even a rat-lover get into a BED with that thing?

The Kardashian syndrome,these delusional people think this stupidity will make them as rich and as famous as the vile Kardashian family...

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

This shitshow left me with a few questions:

First off, what happened to Justin's first dog? The one we saw on the other episodes and at the house in RI before the left? They were gone for over a month, who watched the dog during that time? Now they have a new puppy. WTH?

During the drive to TX, I must have blinked during the argument between senoir and Justin because I looked up and Justin was punching Senior. Does that happen often? I was surprised senior didn't punch back. Not that that would have made it right but the old guy is going to sit there and take it?

Did anyone else notice  when Justin was getting surgery Senior's eye was all red? Was that an infection or did one of the kids get him good?

What the hell happened with Justin's pain pills? Did junior or senior steal them? Did anyone notice the pill bottles on the shelves next to the fireplace in junior's apartment? Senior was next to then, shortly before he had said something like "I hope he's not on the drugs again." If I was wondering that about somebody I'd be inspecting those bottles.

What were the results of the blood test? I wonder of Dr. Now found "multiple narcotics" from the test.

I was disappointed we didn't see the wedding or the bride, lol.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It's a thing actually. People say that rats are actually fairly smart and can be good pets. If you ever saw Hoarders and know Dr. Zasio, she adopted a pet rat after she cleaned out a house hoarded with them.

That said, I'm nearly phobic about them so I don't understand the inclination. And I can't stand any of the Assantis so I definitely don't understand the inclination to marry one. But the rat-as-pets thing isn't that unusual.

I also cannot understand why Papa Assanti is so determined that his sons get along. They can't stand each other and they are healthier apart. Leave it alone.

I also wanted to strangle the father for getting Justin a dog. That poor pup. And don't get me started on leaving the poop in the hotel parking lot. What a jackass.

Those rats are going to nibble right through Steven’s gangrenous, tree trunk legs. He’d better start putting on shoes, boots, something.

I died laughing when Dr. Now asked WTF happened to his hair. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, vintagesac said:

Those rats are going to nibble right through Steven’s gangrenous, tree trunk legs. He’d better start putting on shoes, boots, something.

I died laughing when Dr. Now asked WTF happened to his hair. 

Its oblivious he pulled his hair out again ,you cant shave your head that close.. he is a major drug addict ,,, and his Father is in total denial ...

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

This is a "where are they now" correct? 

I don't like to be spoiled, so before I read all the comments, can y'all just tell me if it is worth watching this guy again? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Assanti Brothers equals  rubber necking a head-on car crash,they  make me sick,yet I was dumb enough to watch it.. after watching you will feel like you need a bath ...and a strong drink...

1 minute ago, TVbitch said:

This is a "where are they now" correct? 

I don't like to be spoiled, so before I read all the comments, can y'all just tell me if it is worth watching this guy again? 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, AVM said:

I lost all caring for Justin when he hit his Father while driving his fat ass to Texas ,he is a grown man and yet ,he thinks that behavior is ok.

It's typical of abused children to grow up thinking that hitting is an appropriate response to anger/frustration.  There have been times when I would have liked to punch my mother in the nose.  I've had the benefit of years of therapy.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Dad enjoys abusing Justin, and Steven is one of the tools for the abuse.

Looks like we have a narcissistic father with his scapegoat and golden child.

  • Like 10
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

One thing that bothered me was Justin's attitude about weight loss surgery, that it was the magic cure. In the beginning he kept saying he was working hard to get to his goal, yet he looked HUGE! I believe when we first met him, he was around 450. He looked so much bigger, that I knew he didn't lose anything. It was obvious he lost nothing but he kept saying he had.  He was also limping, so I think one of his legs had a lymphedema developing. It does also bother me when Dr. Now agrees to One Month of weight loss for the surgery. Anyone can diet for 4 weeks and essentially learn nothing. If you were going to get one million dollars if you lost 20 pounds in a month, you could do it. You would not be a changed person after that. 

Then he was saying after that he would be 300 pounds lighter in a year from having the surgery. How exactly? I think he will still stuff his face, just like Stephen did post-surgery with his 54 pound gain. He learned nothing. He didn't make any lifestyle change. 

I thought it was really funny when Dr. Now told the dad what to say to Justin, and he said absolutely nothing to him that Dr. Now told him to say! Dr Now said go out there and say: You are coming in for your appointment, period, no ifs ands or buts. If you don't I'm throwing you out on the street. Instead he says "Justin, would you like to come in? Could you do it pretty please? The doctor said he only needs to see you for a minute" LMAO. This man has always given in to these boys, it's insane. Dr. Now, as usual, saw right through that whole dynamic. But one speech was not going to undo a lifetime of dysfunction and communication dynamic between father and sons. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chickenella said:

This shitshow left me with a few questions:

Did anyone else notice  when Justin was getting surgery Senior's eye was all red? Was that an infection or did one of the kids get him good?

What the hell happened with Justin's pain pills? Did junior or senior steal them? Did anyone notice the pill bottles on the shelves next to the fireplace in junior's apartment? Senior was next to then, shortly before he had said something like "I hope he's not on the drugs again." If I was wondering that about somebody I'd be inspecting those bottles.

It was completely unclear. First Justin said Steven stole his pain pills. Then later the dad admitted that he gave Steven 10 of them. I imagine that Steven did his usual crying and whining and demanding his father give him the pain pills, and dad, like always, gave in. He should have been arrested for that- I'm pretty sure it's a crime to take pills not perscribed for you. He admitted he did this on TV? You cannot dole out pills to the person who they are not prescribed for. But then after HE gave Steven the pills, he was demanding that Justin try to help him to get off drugs? WTF? The father is a sick, sick man.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Kenzie said:

It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to find someone who could knit some gigantic socks for Steven, maybe with drawstring cuffs so others wouldn't have to look at those feet.

Maybe a pair of those giant novelty Christmas stockings?

8 hours ago, ProTourist said:
  1. I don't understand what happened to Junior's hair, and don't believe it was due to some uneven buzz cut. But we know it was temporary because in the photos of Junior with his wife, later in 2018, he has a full head of hair again.
  2. I was shocked that Senior took Justin's post-surgical pain meds and gave them to Junior. What is going on with this man, the way he turned against Justin, even to the point of making him suffer in pain after his surgery, to feed Junior's addiction?
  3. I was surprised that Justin would go back to Rhode Island without a post-surgical appointment with Dr. Now, although his father never should have brought Steven Junior along to the same appointment, which was ridiculous. I do hope he'll be all right.
  1. In a previous episode it was said that he was pulling it out. I'm guessing the bald patches were pulled out at the root, probably took at least several weeks to start growing back (though some hair follicles would likely be permanently damaged and not grow back at all, especially if he does this repeatedly). Then he buzzed the rest and claimed he cut it too close. You can't really do that with an electric shaver. Even if he did cut it unevenly it wouldn't leave actual bald patches. And it would start growing in fairly quickly if it was simply cut off just above skin.
  2. And then he yelled at him for not helping Steven get off the drugs! What the hell is Justin supposed to do about it?
  3. Dr. Now really should have talked to Justin alone, arranged a separate appointment, and stop going through Dad. Justin is the patient, and as immature/stunted as he is, he is an adult. And Dr. Now should be able to see that this particular Dad being a go-between is a really bad idea. TV show aside, Justin has a right to privacy with his medical appointments, and to decide who is present for them. Dad doesn't need to be in the room (and Steven Jr. especially doesn't need to be in the room), except TV DRAMA! We've seen Dr. Now go outside to talk to patients before; why didn't he go out and speak to Justin himself?
58 minutes ago, AVM said:

after watching you will feel like you need a bath ...and a strong drink...

I had my drink in hand before the show started.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, chickenella said:

Why, oh why can't this be the case with my facial hair? Tweezing is considered pulling out by the root, isn't it? I'm on that shit every day, even if it's just a couple at a time. It's hard to be beautiful.

Right?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, AnnaBaptist said:

I stopped watching these people after the 2nd episode. They are the only ones I refuse to watch anymore. I know nothing positive is going to happen, and I don't find them interesting at all. I wish production would stop wasting time filming them. 

Actually, these episodes fall in the category of freak show.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, chickenella said:

Why, oh why can't this be the case with my facial hair? Tweezing is considered pulling out by the root, isn't it? I'm on that shit every day, even if it's just a couple at a time. It's hard to be beautiful.

Honest to christ.  It's bad enough after you hit menopause, but wait until you have to take estrogen-suppressing pills to keep your breast cancer from coming back.  Maybe Steven's secret is that he's so fucking fat.   I would not trade my chin whiskers for those legs.

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

What, exactly, was the point of this episode? All that happened was Justin got the sleeve procedure. Steven was whacked out of his mind on drugs (as usual), the father was a crazy asshole (as usual)...and NOTHING. All of this could have been covered in 30 minutes—WITH commercials. 

I know TLC is shitty at telling any sort of story, but this episode was beyond boring and terrible.

So I don't need to watch, right?  
That's why I came here today.  I saw a little of it, but I see enough of a narcissistic sociopath without seeking another one out.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

This video is pretty funny, it’s NOT Steven, but it took everyone a minute to realize because the guy resembles him. This guy has human feet, though, not manatee flippers 🤣

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

Assanti brothers in my head is pronounced the same way as "da Delancey bruddas" as they say it in the 1992 Disney cult classic Newsies. And everytime I chuckle to myself. I can't unhear it. Hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about!

tenor (47).gif

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Dr. Now really should have talked to Justin alone, arranged a separate appointment, and stop going through Dad. Justin is the patient, and as immature/stunted as he is, he is an adult

Yes! It's a medical appointment. He should allowed his privacy (even thought it's a TV and he signed off on some confidentiality, he should still be allowed to go to the appt alone if that's what he wanted),

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

The biggest surprise of this fourth episode, for me, has been the change in Steven Senior and his rotten, abusive behavior toward Justin. If Senior has always been like this, then the previous episodes were recorded/edited so as to keep it hidden. Senior had always seemed concerned for Justin and supportive of him, sometimes to a fault, and although he would indulge Junior in the past, it wasn't at Justin's expense as it was now.

Even if Senior were paid to dramatize for the show, it's shocking to me that he would be so mean and nasty to Justin in the process; there is no justification for it. The way he turned on Justin was incredible, like a traitor. The screaming fit Senior had in the car as they were approaching Houston, during the phone call with Junior, just because Justin told Junior he was not going to come along to visit him! Senior started acting like a madman, saying 'don't you think that hurts his feelings' but acting as though Justin had just committed murder!

Well, with Junior living in Iowa with his wife for the past year, and Justin back home in Rhode Island, I think we are all safe from any additional follow-ups with them on this program. The only hope I have is for Justin, that he can get his life together personally and professionally, and move out of his father's house.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

Hoo boy.  After watching some of this shit show and reading all the live chat, I am convinced that this is one of those situations where one child in a family is singled out for abuse, and that this child is of course Justin.  Both Stevens are the abusers.  Normally, it might be mother and father (and other siblings) picking on the chosen kid, and Steven Jr. is filling that maternal role, except that he clearly holds the power in the husband-wife scenario.  Usually it's the father (or boyfriend) who instigates and sustains the abusive behavior, but here it's the older son/mother figure.  I think it's entirely possible that the two Stevens might have killed Justin when he was a kid, except that they are enjoying the torture too much.  This explains why Father Steven insists on keeping Justin "close" to Steven--notice that Steven has no objection at all to being in the position of the hated one--so that they can continue to mistreat Justin.  With Steven living away (if he really is), it will be interesting to see if Father Steven keeps up the bullying on his own.

Buying and enabling the continued existence of that "store" is the tie that father uses to keep Justin dependent on him--that and Justin's morbid obesity.  The father is thin and wiry, so he clearly knows what Justin ought to be eating.  The father's willingness to provide Steven with pizza on demand is what ties Steven to his co-conspirator--father knows that Steven is the one who wields the power in their mistreatment of Justin, and he wants to keep Steven happy.  Hence the unwillingness to stand up to Steven--does he really think he'd get in trouble with the cops if he didn't order pizza for his son?  I think that threat/capitulation dance they do is part of their almost erotic relationship that maintains their joint ability to torment Justin.

This makes so much sense. It also explains Steven Jr.’s “You know who I am and you know what I’m capable of” threats to his dad re: getting pizza, drugs. Crazy. I hope this is the last we see of them. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

What a masterclass in bullshit and gaslighting.

Justin: I don't want to see Steven.

Sr: I brought Steven to see Justin after his surgery!

Justin: I don't want to see Steven.

Sr: I brought Steven along for Justin's appointment!

Justin: I don't want to see Steven, and I don't want to repair our relationship.

Sr: I know they don't get along, but hopefully they can start repairing their relationship.

Justin: Steven stole my painkillers.

Sr: Only 10 of them. I don't know why you're so upset.

Justin: Steven beat me every day when we were kids.

Steven: Not EVERY DAY.

Justin: But he beat me.

Steven: I don't know why they don't get along. They just need to try.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post

I think the only reason the father supported Justin was to set him up, and to threaten to yank everything away from him if he didn't associate with his abuser brother.     Dear old Dad can always say that Justin owes him for the store financing, and the trip to Houston, and everything else.    Then use it as leverage to get him to do things he doesn't want to.  

I think that Steven has something on dear old Dad, and that's how he gets his way on everything.    I also think Dad thinks Justin should have fought back, and the Dad is blaming the victim for Steven's abuse of Justin.  

I suspect that Steven grew his hair out, and it covers the bald spots, at least in a long distance photo shot.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the only reason the father supported Justin was to set him up, and to threaten to yank everything away from him if he didn't associate with his abuser brother.   

Well then that was a very lengthy setup, including helping Justin in opening the hobby shop, to get him out of the house and more involved in life, as Senior had said. But why would the father want to set him up like that? Why would he really care whether or not Justin associates with Junior? Pure insanity with no specific motivation?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The father was yelling and mean to Justin in the original show as I remember it.

Same thing, Justin said something about enabling Steven and the dad went ballistic on him.

So I don't think its anything new.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think Steven, and the father are just evil.   Dad enjoys what Steven does to his brother, and doesn't care about what it does to Justin.      The father enjoys looking like the long suffering martyr, and is willing to spend his money to keep the power in the relationship with Justin.   

I just hope that Justin manages to escape the evil presence of his brother, and stays far away from the father too.  

I doubt there will ever be a follow up (at least I'm hoping not), because Justin quit, and Steven quit, and this filming ended over a year ago.   

I think Justin got the surgery so quickly, because Dr. Now probably figured out that if he left Texas, he would never come back.    Plus, Justin is a lot younger than a lot of the other poundticipants, and probably in better shape because he's  mobile too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, rlc said:

The smartest member of that family is the mother that left.

You got that right!  This is the most fucked up family ever on M600PL, that's saying something.  The dad is completely brain dead and  enjoys the sick interaction he had with his sons, he made them into the monsters they truly are. 

Steven's marriage must be a scam of some kind, because honestly could tolerate his repulsiveness in person for a moment without puking.  Let's get real.  No amount of money could force me to touch him.  I'd like to think there's a faint glimmer of hope for Justin but honestly, daddy bankrolls a toystore that undoubtedly loses more than it makes, he doesn't drive, can't support himself, and has the mentality of a 12 year old.  Zero maturity.   Not much hope there.  

Loved when at the end of the show when dad is loading Justin up for the trip home with a poor bribe puppy and the dog craps and dad asks for a bag to pick it up but then says oh nobody saw it so let's just go......um, you moron it was on camera and we all saw it. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think Steven, and the father are just evil.   Dad enjoys what Steven does to his brother, and doesn't care about what it does to Justin.      The father enjoys looking like the long suffering martyr, and is willing to spend his money to keep the power in the relationship with Justin.   

I just hope that Justin manages to escape the evil presence of his brother, and stays far away from the father too.  

Well you may be right, sad to say. I must admit I never saw the father in this light until now. I must be rather naive, which is nothing new for me really. <sigh> I do share your hopes for Justin, but am afraid he may be too damaged. I think we've just got to let go of these people.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Biggest surprise for me was how Dr Now capitulated to Justin's demand that he wanted the surgery not after two months and losing 75 (?) lbs but instead in only one month and losing 40 lbs.  Dr Now had been justifiably tough on all the patients this season, he even told one of them who got too uppity that HE decided what was going to happen and when, not HER.  So it was weird that Dr now kissed this big baby's ass.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Please, TLC, I implore you -- no more specials on the Assanti brothers! I'd rather watch an all-iguana remake of "The Breakfast Club" than endure another two hours with these idiots.

That dance sequence might be a little difficult.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Biggest surprise for me was how Dr Now capitulated to Justin's demand that he wanted the surgery not after two months and losing 75 (?) lbs but instead in only one month and losing 40 lbs.  Dr Now had been justifiably tough on all the patients this season, he even told one of them who got too uppity that HE decided what was going to happen and when, not HER.  So it was weird that Dr now kissed this big baby's ass.

The problem was that Justin couldn't remain in Houston that long, because his father kept forcing him to see his brother. At first Justin thought he had lost the needed weight while at home, and so would have surgery shortly after arrival in Houston. But when it turned out that he had actually put on a few pounds, Dr. Now could not approve him and gave him a new weight-loss goal of 60 pounds (not 75) over two months, which would have been thirty pounds a month.

When Justin explained that he couldn't remain that long, he asked if he could do forty pounds in one month (ten pounds more for the time period). I think Dr. Now agreed because Justin would have gone back home otherwise and he wanted Justin to have one more chance to have the surgery. And this does fit with pre-surgery WL goals he gave to patients in the early seasons, when people would just have to lose 25 pounds, or even less, in one month, so not unheard of.

Edited by ProTourist
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size