Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BetterButter

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

I have no idea if there is any CGI involved in this series, but man that teaser is bringing the wonder of the all puppet feel of the movie. Can't believe I have to wait 3 months for it.

2 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

I have no idea if there is any CGI involved in this series, but man that teaser is bringing the wonder of the all puppet feel of the movie. Can't believe I have to wait 3 months for it.

Yes. It looks like the backgrounds are mostly CG, and same with the flying creatures early on. However, I think the muppets are 100% muppet. For a lot of people, that's a large part of the appeal.

5 hours ago, Anduin said:

Yes. It looks like the backgrounds are mostly CG, and same with the flying creatures early on. However, I think the muppets are 100% muppet. For a lot of people, that's a large part of the appeal.

The producers have said that they used greenscreen to remove the puppeteers, but the characters (and a lot of the sets) look completely practical.

• Like 2

This looks really good and it was nice to see the use of real puppets over CGI characters. I loved The Dark Crystal as a kid and I watched it a few years back it held up well enough.

I look forward to watching this series.

This just keeps looking better and better with every new reveal.

Just a quick question which I'll put under spoilers since it may spoil a plot in the TV series if my memory is working well.

Spoiler

In the movie, is the main character (as far as he knows at the start) the last remaining individual of his species until he meets his female companion? I can't remember. Cause if he is, Im guessing this will mean we will probably see a lot of deaths from our main characters in the tv series - assuming of course the tv series links straight into the movie.