Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG] Clicking on thread goes to 1st post, not 1st NEW post

shapeshifter

On 1/3/2020 at 11:31 AM, SilverStormm said:

Have nudged the devs on this.

Thanks. I still have this problem from the content I posted in page. I have pretty much just gotten used to going to the various forum sections and clicking on threads from there.

(edited)
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

To help with investigating this problem, would anyone who's experiencing this issue please provide the exact name (links won't work) of a couple of streams where this is happening and which theme is being used.

Thanks!

It happens with the Dark theme for these streams:

forums.previously.tv/discover/760
New stream

(I didn’t give them creative names)

ETA: Only the Dark theme streams also have annoying position:fixed pop-up ads at the viewable bottom of my iPhone 7+ screen until I tap the ad’s X to close it. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1

Ever since the most recent tweak was made to the forums, the topics (all of the ones) I read don’t pick up from the last place I read. They always start at page 1 of the whole topic, leaving me to go to the last page of the whole thing & then back up until I find the last message I read. Marking the thing read doesn’t help either.

(edited)

@SilverStormm    Noticed this last night but when I click on a thread the site takes me to the top of the page where the first unread post is, and not to the actual post. So I have to scroll down to the bottom.

Also the yellow box that indicates a new post is mostly gone. It only shows in the top of the comment box instead of the “square” it usually does.

Even when I click to see which post another user has liked, or quoted, it will only take me to the top of that page.

Haven’t logged on to my computer to see if this is a mobile issue or site issue.

iphone/Safari

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

Starting about mid-day yesterday (7/17), on my iPhone (latest OS), when I go to a topic with unread posts, it no longer takes me to the first unread.  It just opens at the top of the page with the first unread message.  This is in Safari but I also tried it in Chrome and get the same behavior.  It doesn't matter if I go from a notification or from the show topic on my home page, same behavior.  I've seen other people mention the same thing, so I don't think it's just me.  It still works fine on a PC (Firefox). 

Also - if this is significant - I no longer get the yellow outline around the whole first unread post.  I only get a single yellow line, at the top, I think.  That started happening the same time as the main problem.

• Love 1
On 6/29/2020 at 7:33 PM, BW Manilowe said:

Ever since the most recent tweak was made to the forums, the topics (all of the ones) I read don’t pick up from the last place I read. They always start at page 1 of the whole topic, leaving me to go to the last page of the whole thing & then back up until I find the last message I read. Marking the thing read doesn’t help either.

Would you please let me know what device, browser and OS you're using, thanks.

7 hours ago, rubaco said:

This bug is happening to me for all threads I read. It was not happening as of several days ago. MacBook Air and Safari browser.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@SilverStormm    Noticed this last night but when I click on a thread the site takes me to the top of the page where the first unread post is, and not to the actual post. So I have to scroll down to the bottom.

Also the yellow box that indicates a new post is mostly gone. It only shows in the top of the comment box instead of the “square” it usually does.

Even when I click to see which post another user has liked, or quoted, it will only take me to the top of that page.

Haven’t logged on to my computer to see if this is a mobile issue or site issue.

iphone/Safari

5 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Same for me, iPhone, Firefox. 

Would you please confirm which OS you're using, thanks.

21 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Would you please confirm which OS you're using, thanks.

I’m on 13.5.1. 

It’s not happening anymore. For example, when I clicked on this notification, it brought me right to your post.

Interestingly, if I go to the notifications I got yesterday, they still take me to the top of the page. 

3 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Would you please let me know what device, browser and OS you're using, thanks.

Started recently. 
On iPhone 7 Plus with OS 13.5.1
Safari
Goes to top of last page (have to scroll down to new post)

(edited)
46 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

This started happening to me yesterday. I’m using an iPhone with Safari.

Right, but @SilverStormm is asking which operating system of Safari-13? 13.5, etc.

And I can confirm it's a phone/ipad issue. I'm on my laptop and don't have this issue. Just on my phone.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

I’m having the problem above, but also this one - when I click on a notification, instead of taking me to my post that was “liked,“ it takes me to the top of the page containing that post.

IPad Pro 13.5.1

Okay this is odd. Now on this thread only, it’s taking me to the last unread response (or last response, if I’ve already read everything). I tried several other threads, including others in the bug forum, and they all still have the bug. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Okay this is odd. Now on this thread only, it’s taking me to the last unread response (or last response, if I’ve already read everything). I tried several other threads, including others in the bug forum, and they all still have the bug. 

I know! And this is the only thread where the yellow square has returned. I thought everything was resolved, but when I tried other threads/forums, still having the same issue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

IOS 13.6, iPad 5th generation. Safari

I’m having the same problem, seems to start at a random page, not the last post I was on. Yellow rectangle gone. Will not take me to my posts with responses.

Thank you.

• Love 1

Hope this is the right place.  For a long time now, when I check to see my likes or remarks, it doesn’t go the the right one on the thread.  I have to scroll down to find my post.  It never goes to my exact post.  I have Safari and am NOT I pad savy.  Thanks.

I’ve been having a problem, in ALL topics I read, since the last forum tweak in/around June, where it doesn’t remember the place where I left off. When I click the title I get sent to Page 1 of whatever topic it is, then I have to find the last post I read myself. It doesn’t even necessarily work if I use Mark Read/Mark All Read (if I can find that).

iPhone 6s; Safari; iOS 13.6

I use Opera and I've had a similar problem for months.  When I click on a thread title, it goes to the appropriate page, stops briefly at the bottom of that page and then scrolls back up 5 or 6 inches and stops there.  There doesn't seem to be any correlation between where it stops and the number of already read posts and the first unread one.  I have to scroll down until I find the last post I read and go on from there.  (hard to explain)

15 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

At the risk of being deluged (takes cover) - is anyone still experiencing this problem?

Yup just tried with this thread since it was at the top of my content I posted in page. When I clicked on it, I was sent to the first post on page 1.

• Useful 1
55 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

At the risk of being deluged (takes cover) - is anyone still experiencing this problem?

I thought it had been resolved, but just recently there have been some unexpected page place landings. 
I'll post again if I have anything concrete to report.

• Using Prime Timer Stream link
  • HP Laptop
    • Windows 10 
    • Chrome
      Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • iPhone 7
    • iOS 14.3
    • Safari
  • Useful 1
On 1/23/2021 at 10:15 AM, shapeshifter said:

I thought it had been resolved, but just recently there have been some unexpected page place landings. 
I'll post again if I have anything concrete to report.

• Using Prime Timer Stream link
  • HP Laptop
    • Windows 10 
    • Chrome
  • iPhone 7
    • iOS 14.3
    • Safari

Ah-ha! 
It happens when not accessing threads via my stream. 
Specifically:

1. I went to the board for The Flight Attendant at https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/4774-the-flight-attendant/
  2. I clicked on a bolded thread title (meaning it had new posts that I had not seen) that I had definitely visited before (I posted on it) and was taken to the first post at the top of the thread instead of the most recent post, specifically:
    S01.E07: Hitchcock Double  (https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/113519-s01e07-hitchcock-double/)

Observed using:

• HP Laptop
    • Windows 10 
    • Chrome

• Useful 1

I noticed that if one is in IPS default theme, it takes you to the first post. Using the primetimer themes works correctly in taking one to first unread.