Type keyword(s) to search

The Speculation Conjecture

• Start Topic

I went back to edit because I now had ideas, but I could not edit the post so I am posting a reply.

Things I Would Like to See:

1. Paige inviting Sheldon and Missy to her birthday party. She is friends with both of them so it would make sense. Sheldon loves the idea of being in a room with his intellectual equals and Missy hates the idea of being in a room of Sheldons. Sheldon irritates everyone and has a miserable time, while Missy gets along with most of them, because they are still kids like her.

2. Mary forcing Sheldon to invite Paige to a dance (church function or one of his school dances). 

3. Sheldon and Georgie teaming up, probably to help Missy deal with a mean girl at school, because I have no idea what else could get the two of them to work together. 

4. Missy with her friends. It might be fun to see how Sheldon reacts when she invites a bunch of her friends to a sleepover (obviously with Mary's approval). 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'd like to see more scenes between Mary & George, about their relationship and stuff. It seems a bit cliche but the first plot that comes into my mind is that: George forgets Mary's birthday or wedding anniversary and Mary gets upset. Missy notices that and encourages her dad to make the things up with Mary, giving her own advices. We've seen that George and Missy make a great team together, that'll be fun to watch. 

Also I'd like to see Meemaw's other children and Sheldon's point of view about his uncles. Or more about George's family. 

We heard a lot about Missy's friends "Heather B" and "Heather M" and I think we should see them on season 3. 

I think Georgie would be 16 in the next season, so we can see him getting his driver's license. Georgie sneaking out with his mom's or dad's car would make another plot. 

I love Meemaw & Sturgis, but we've seen a lot about their relationship in the past two seasons, so I still insist that we should see more of Mary & George scenes in the season 3. 

Edit: Also a flashback episode with Pop-Pop would be interesting, as we know that he was an important person for Sheldon and we could see his relationship with Meemaw, Mary and the rest of the Coopers.  

Edited by Beetlepoet
  • Love 3
On 5/29/2019 at 10:59 AM, Beetlepoet said:

I'd like to see more scenes between Mary & George, about their relationship and stuff. It seems a bit cliche but the first plot that comes into my mind is that: George forgets Mary's birthday or wedding anniversary and Mary gets upset. Missy notices that and encourages her dad to make the things up with Mary, giving her own advices. We've seen that George and Missy make a great team together, that'll be fun to watch. 

I love it. Missy keeps giving him great ideas but he ignores them and keeps trying to make things right on his own, and keeps failing. Finally he listens to Missy and Mary forgives him. 

We heard a lot about Missy's friends "Heather B" and "Heather M" and I think we should see them on season 3. 

Agreed. That's pretty much where my sleepover idea came from. I want to see what Missy is like around her friends. What kind of person is she when she is around other people her age? 

I think Georgie would be 16 in the next season, so we can see him getting his driver's license. Georgie sneaking out with his mom's or dad's car would make another plot.   

Brilliant. Missy catches him but agrees not to tell thier parents and spends the rest of the episode blackmailing him. Also, when she asks him to drive her to the Hello Kitty Store, she asks if Sheldon wants to go the comic book store (or another store close by that he'd want to go to). Sheldon asks why Georgie is driving them and Missy's response is "Who cares, do you want to go or not," and Sheldon gets in the car. We've seen Missy be nice and offer to help Sheldon when she doesn't have to, so it's possible. 

• Love 2

Riffing off @Beetlepoet's idea above: George (Sr) is spending more time with Missy, but won't say what they're doing. Mary is increasingly frustrated at the secrecy and elicits Sheldon and George to find out what they're up to. They fail (Sheldon is especially hopeless as a spy, in spite of being convinced he's a genius at subterfuge - Georgie mainly just isn't interested), making Mary increasingly frustrated. Ultimately, she reveals that their anniversary is coming up and while she can't complain about George spending time with his daughter, he wishes he's remember her needs occasionally. But the reveal is that he did remember and that Missy had helped George plan the perfect anniversary evening for them.

[I realise that this would make an episode of Young Sheldon that doesn't have a lot of Sheldon!]

• Love 4
On 6/7/2019 at 9:33 PM, John Potts said:

Riffing off @Beetlepoet's idea above: George (Sr) is spending more time with Missy, but won't say what they're doing. Mary is increasingly frustrated at the secrecy and elicits Sheldon and George to find out what they're up to. They fail (Sheldon is especially hopeless as a spy, in spite of being convinced he's a genius at subterfuge - Georgie mainly just isn't interested), making Mary increasingly frustrated. Ultimately, she reveals that their anniversary is coming up and while she can't complain about George spending time with his daughter, he wishes he's remember her needs occasionally. But the reveal is that he did remember and that Missy had helped George plan the perfect anniversary evening for them.

[I realise that this would make an episode of Young Sheldon that doesn't have a lot of Sheldon!]

This is great. You gave Sheldon something to do in the episode, so it works for me. Seeing Sheldon trying to spy and failing would be fantastic to watch. 

• Love 2
On 6/7/2019 at 9:33 PM, John Potts said:

Ain't nothing wrong with that. 😁 I prefer the other family members to Sheldon (with the exception of Meemaw) any time.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Ain't nothing wrong with that. 😁 I prefer the other family members to Sheldon (with the exception of Meemaw) any time.

I’m craving badly for a Mary & George episode 🙂

On 5/31/2019 at 10:43 PM, Sarah 103 said:

This can be partly true, as I saw Montana riding a car on YS’s set on Instagram. We are going to see him drive a car, I think. 

• Love 2

It would not be surprising if Missy gets a growth spurt in the next year or two, and is taller than Sheldon for a while. They might get some plot mileage out of that. [Raegan Revord (Missy) was born January 3, 2008, and Iain Armitage (Sheldon) July 15, 2008.]

• Love 3

I know that S5 hasn't debuted yet, but I wonder if they will address the twins' sleeping arrangements. The kids are now teenagers (both Iain and Raegan turned 13 earlier this year), and it will get uncomfortable to watch if Sheldon and Missy are still sharing a room at this point.

My prediction? Georgie converts the garage into his own living quarters, which frees up his old bedroom. Since Sheldon dislikes change, I see Missy claiming it.

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I know that S5 hasn't debuted yet, but I wonder if they will address the twins' sleeping arrangements. The kids are now teenagers (both Iain and Raegan turned 13 earlier this year), and it will get uncomfortable to watch if Sheldon and Missy are still sharing a room at this point.

My prediction? Georgie converts the garage into his own living quarters, which frees up his old bedroom. Since Sheldon dislikes change, I see Missy claiming it.

I think it makes sense for Georgie to convert the garage. Sheldon will pitch a fit since that's where his trains are kept.

• Love 3
On 9/3/2021 at 11:54 PM, anna0852 said:

I think it makes sense for Georgie to convert the garage. Sheldon will pitch a fit since that's where his trains are kept.

Sheldon will pitch a fit if any change is made, small or large.  By now his family (except maybe Mary) probably figure they may as well endure the fit and make the changes they want.  If Missy gets Georgie's room, Sheldon will have space for his trains in the formerly shared room.

• Love 5

I have been seeing the commercials for the upcoming season premiere and it certainly looks like George and the neighbour consider an affair but don't act on it because of George's health (possibly a heart attack).  I guess this does mean they are moving forward with the idea that the marriage breaks down and George starts being unfaithful at some point.  I wish they wouldn't. 

Edited by kariyaki
Removed spoiler tags - not necessary for speculation
  • Love 3
On 10/1/2021 at 9:50 AM, SusannahM said:

I have been seeing the commercials for the upcoming season premiere and it certainly looks like George and the neighbour consider an affair but don't act on it because of George's health (possibly a heart attack).  I guess this does mean they are moving forward with the idea that the marriage breaks down and George starts being unfaithful at some point.  I wish they wouldn't. 

It's possible that this "close call" was a wake-up call for George and he doesn't become unfaithful. I don't mind if George and Mary split up and I wouldn't mind if, after that, George begins dating someone else (not Brenda) but I don't want to see George be unfaithful. Sheldon may have an eidetic memory but he has been shown to be an unreliable narrator on more than one occasion. 

• Love 2

I just read the description for this week's new episode and I am noticing a trend that I am not happy with - is it just me or does it seem like everytime lately that Missy gets a storyline it involves her love life?  She's 12 for godssake surely they could come up with other things for her character to be dealing with other than boys, boys, boys.

• Love 3
On 11/3/2021 at 1:55 PM, SusannahM said:

I just read the description for this week's new episode and I am noticing a trend that I am not happy with - is it just me or does it seem like everytime lately that Missy gets a storyline it involves her love life?  She's 12 for godssake surely they could come up with other things for her character to be dealing with other than boys, boys, boys.

I'm just happy they have time to give Missy a line or two.  But the explanation can be given in two words: Chuck Lorre.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

But the explanation can be given in two words: Chuck Lorre.

I'd noticed what I think of as the "Chuck Lorre effect" in earlier seasons but this year it's gotten to the point where I'm just not in to this show anymore.  We all knew that if they stuck to the BBT canon things were going to take a dark turn for the Coopers but I, for one, wasn't expecting things to happen they way they have so far this season.  If things continue on the path they're going George's potential issues are only one of the things that I am having problems with.  I don't know about anyone else but I'm not sure I will be watching much longer.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2021 at 2:55 PM, SusannahM said:

And yet I loved the storyline with her playing softball.  It kind of countered the typical Chuck Lorre stuff.  At least they did that.

Not to defend Chuck, but all I thought about at that age was boys, boys, boys, so there is that....

• Love 1
(edited)
On 11/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, SusannahM said:

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not sure I will be watching much longer.

Quoting myself to say that I don't even remember to PVR this show anymore.  I missed last night's and probably won't bother trying to watch it.   So my speculation here is that the show has finally reached the point for me where I just don't want to see what happens next for the Cooper family.  There may be a few funny scenes along the way but mostly it just seems to be getting darker and unhappier with each new episode.

Edited by SusannahM
  • Love 1

Also posted without spoiler tags on the TBBT vs Young Sheldon: Nitpicks, Anomalies, and Historical Facts In An Evolving Universe, presented by Sheldon L. Cooper page:

Since almost none of the memories of adult Sheldon about George listed here seem to be coming true on Young Sheldon:
https://bigbangtheory.fandom.com/wiki/George_Cooper_Sr.

--I am hoping on YS

Spoiler

that it will turn out George left town but did not actually die.
If Sheldon was studying abroad when he got news that his father had "died," that doesn't seem entirely impossible.
Or maybe George staged his death so Mary could collect Social Security checks for him.