Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S11.E12: Luann Land

Recommended Posts

I don't find Beth particularly witty anymore.  Her jokes are worn out and most of the time not particularly funny.  I liked her on her first go round on RHNY but after she got her spin off and her deal with Beam, she has become a total narcissist who craves attention.  Poor me - the great exaggerator.  Torture is her favorite word.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/24/2019 at 11:46 PM, film noire said:

I've lived here over 25 years, and I've met dozens upon dozens of native New Yorkers who would cringe at Frankel's tacky foul-mouth being described as standard NYC behavior - Joy Behar is a classic NYC broad to me, not Bethenny Frankel -  if you have to scream "WANNA BLOWJOB?" to land a joke, you ARE the joke.

Boy, Sex and the City certainly should have given the natives heart palpitations.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I may be in a party of one, but Bethenny cracks me up most of the time. I think I enjoy her jokes because she is always so oddly specific. There's a when, what, where with a lot of her jokes.

I loved the scene with Ramona, Bethenny and Dorinda getting into the nitty-gritty. It reminded me of the London ep with Carole and Dorinda.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/23/2019 at 4:44 PM, AttackTurtle said:

I’m sorry to the Bethenny haters, but she has every right to stick it to Luanne.  I think she’s showing enormous restraint. And I’m really happy to see Bethenny is a seemingly healthy/happy relationship.  I also loved her quote by Dennis.    

I have no problem with her sticking it to Luanne.  I just think it's ironic that one of the biggest narcissist in the history of Bravo franchises was lecturing someone on being self-centered.  As for a healthy/happy relationship, I agree.  But I don't think healthy/happy lasts long in Beth's world.  Jason was healthy/happy until it wasn't.  Dennis was healthy/happy until it wasn't.  I personally don't think Beth is healthy or happy mentally and hasn't for a long time.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I've never seen Bethanny have an intelligent argument. I've only seen her hold her mouth wide open in aghast, roll her eyes,  stand up and scream insults at someone. Or is intelligently arguing the same thing as mocking? I don't think she's particularly witty, she'll just say things that are super unfiltered, and it's ALWAYS to make someone look bad and make herself seem brighter, wittier and faster. Don't really consider that intelligence.  IMO.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't find Beth particularly witty anymore.  Her jokes are worn out and most of the time not particularly funny.  I liked her on her first go round on RHNY but after she got her spin off and her deal with Beam, she has become a total narcissist who craves attention.  Poor me - the great exaggerator.  Torture is her favorite word.

This is where I landed.  I also think she's become a very mean-spirited, rude person.  I hate the way she talks to her own staff and service people on the show.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, laprin said:

Or maybe they admire Bethenny’s work ethic,  enjoy her sense of humor and find her to be more down-to-earth. Frankly, I relate to the fact that she knows how to have an intelligent argument. Many people can’t match wits with Bethenny, which is why she can be particularly unnerving in an argument. 

I guess I don't find someone that age-shames (I know you wanna be 45!”) and slut-shames (you fuck everyone!) as someone that argues intelligently and can't be wit-matched.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Nah, we're just insecure and possibly homely. 

Ironically the same argument I've seen for people that don't like Beth.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2019 at 4:26 PM, Gem 10 said:

I think Luann needs a boyfriend or husband ASAP.  Then, she won’t need all her girlfriends to support her in every little thing she does.  Enough with the “support” already.  Everything is a big deal with this woman.  Other people have lives too.

She is as obnoxious in love as she is alone. In general, I enjoy seeing happy couples, even John and Dorinda and their messed up dynamic is fun to watch, but Lu with a man is unbearable.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, Sterling said:

Tinsley wouldn't last 4 minutes at Vogue.  I was in that world for the first 7 years of my career, and it really is "Devil Wears Prada". 

Not saying that the only jobs Tinsley would consider are fashion, but the mention of Anna Wintour made me think of it.

She's spinning her wheels trying to be re-discovered as NY's "It Girl".  She's 20 years too late for that.  It's starting to look pathetic, and add in her alcohol and Dale/Mommy issues, and it's just sad.

If Tinsley really doesn't need the money, then she should start her own non-profit for some charity she really, deep down adores, and pursue that full-time.  She could go to corporations for sponsorships.  

There are jillions of high-powered men there.  She'd be using her status for a purpose, and the men would see, and be attracted to, her passion.

I worked in the home shopping world for the better part of a decade and I have stories that I don't even tell people because I know they won't really believe me, lol. I've tried telling them other shit I experienced to give them a window into my insane work world but I could tell they thought I was embellishing. Had a friend who literally told me that until she, herself, got a job at the same company, she really did think I was making shit up, lol. And that's home shopping - I can't imagine working in like, the world of Vogue. Also never had a problem believing "Devil Wears Prada," heh.

I think your career plan for Tinsley is perfect. If she put all of the effort she wastes trying to be 27 again and uses it to help her community/the world in some way, she has no idea what awesomeness she'd put out to the world. People would be talking a lot less about her weird eyebrows and embryos and more about her as a human being. That said, I'm really growing to like her, more, but I think it could be left-over goodwill from when Carole unfriended her IRL on camera. That was just harsh, man. HARSH. 

Part of me wants to believe that Lu's ultra narcissist awfulness is part of some persona/act she's trying to build to promote her horrible cabaret. Like I feel like she has people write her responses that she just repeats. Like the cabaret never ends in her head. But I then I think, no, the truth is that she's probably just really a shit person. 

I think Sonja is a sundowner...

Edited by IPS Temp Admin
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, film noire said:

Not sure how a scripted sex farce about fictional characters translates into New York women being routinely foul-mouthed - but if Frankel is acting, she should get better material ; )   And this is getting far off topic, so I'll leave it at this: the stereotype bugs me because I've never found the women I've met in New York City to be particulourly foul-mouthed, or make a habit of dropping mindless and graphic sexual refs to get attention. (And I don't meet a lot of debs or prep school darlings.) Are they blunt? Yes.  Direct? Amen. Quick with a clever put down? Absolutely. But offering to suck the dick of a man they've just met at a speed dating event?  No.

And Original Recipe Bethenny would've ripped that moment to shreds ("Can I offer you a canape? Wine? Suck your cock?") because OR Bethenny used to have a point driving the vagina/dick talk (the "my vagina is a vase" mindset seemed old fashioned to me -  right out of The Rules - but the comment wasn't at all mindless). Now it's just Frankel mad libs for camera time; throw in two verbs, one noun, sprinkle liberally with anal, fucking, dick, blowjob, tits -- presto, the low -al, low-humour Skinnygirl cockedtail is ready. 

I agree. Bethenny is truly awful at arguing - it's all insult-dogging, personal attacks and trumped-up emotion as chum in the water.  She can't win an argument, she can only browbeat and humiliate the person daring to confront her.

What I think she used to excel at  (and what I loved about her) was NOT arguing.  She'd remain calm,  rarely insult - sometimes inject a dry comment into the exchange, leaving the person attacking her a little flummoxed -  and then say "Please, go on!" so fuckin funy, and amsterfully done; just letting people hang themsleves with their own nasty rope.  Her contentious scenes were so much fun watch, in no small part because of that approach, imo.   She really did function as Everywoman for RHoNY - moving through an insane landscape of pretentious women with demented expectations -  even as she sold her muffins and drove her little Skinnygirl car. 

I miss that Bethenny, and there's not an ounce of her former self left in her current persona, imo  - the charming and quick-witted woman is now a mean-spirited monster ready to take down everyone around her. She'll call any name, throw any liquid, slap any lawsuit on lowly former interns wanting to tell their story, or boat captins wanting to debunk Frankel's lies. She'll slut-shame, age-shame, body-shame, make snotty jokes about Walmart cashiers and threaten the job of a lowly uber driver for not providing her with white glove service. She'll blog scare quotes around Tinsley's documented "abuse" (while claiming she herself is being tortured) and flaunt a sooper sekret engagement to a dead married man - even as she's already moved on to the next relationship - and do it all without flinching, in hot pursuit of audience sympathy and ratings.  Bethenny Frankel circa 2019,  has become the best material for comic derision Bethenny Frankel, circa 2009,  could have ever had.  That Bethenny is up here, while the current Bethenny is down there.

I wish she'd never come back. At least then, I'd be able to remember who she once was, instead of seeing who she has become.

I could not agree more.  I think that's one of the reasons that I am most disappointed in her.  Ramona has always been an asshole.  Lu for the most part has always been pretentious and self-serving.  Sonja has always been the floozy.  Beth just went from a very likable person you rooted for to make it to someone whose onscreen presence can be mean-spirited, neurotic, narcisstic, exhausting.  Sometimes I watch her and think she is seriously mentally ill.  I also watch her and think she's someone who has achieved it all -- wealth, power, fame, beauty -- and realized she is still a very empty person.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I must hang with some very low-brow barbarians here because none of the stuff said on this show, Bev Hills or WWHL has  made me cringe or anything like that. Mostly it makes me laugh. My friends and coworkers speak in a pretty similar fashion when appropriate and after we've known each other for a bit. The only time I can remember being like Oh okay, see now this is a bridge too far was the fictional character Ari Gold on on Entourage and even then I sort of admired both his panache and his imagination. I can't remember many hang outs with my girl friends that didn't devolve into (I guess vulgar) sex talk that had us rolling on the floor after a few drinks. But even professionally, the convos can be extremely straightforward and no-holds barred with a lot of references to sex even if the conversation isn't about sex at all. I don't even notice it on these shows. 

Re: Vogue, I can remember one Creative Director I worked with at Conde Nast when I was in my 20s being upset about her assistant bringing the wrong proofs to a creative meeting with the EIC and at the end of her very tense and expletive-filled dressing down of said assistant (who was also younger, in her 20s) in the hall after the meeting, finished it by yelling at her "Next time why don't you just ram the proofs straight up your little ass and see if they come up the other side CORRECTLY this time! TRY ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES BEING YOURSELF BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU ARE FUCKING FAILURE AND NOW SO AM I." 

Man, we lived on that story for years and there are lots more. I hated it there, btw. Anyway, it wasn't Vogue which was, from what I knew of it, less full of straight up yelling but much more insidious in nature and terrifying in a more silent but deadly sort of way. Corporate HR approached me about a Vogue job and I didn't even take the interview. Mostly because I wanted out of Conde but secondly because I definitely preferred just being yelled to what I heard went on there. 

Edited by Otherkate · Reason: Forgot a "fucking" in there, god forbid.
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I may be in a party of one, but Bethenny cracks me up most of the time. I think I enjoy her jokes because she is always so oddly specific. There's a when, what, where with a lot of her jokes.

I loved the scene with Ramona, Bethenny and Dorinda getting into the nitty-gritty. It reminded me of the London ep with Carole and Dorinda.

You just have to overlook her dirty talk.  The others are annoying in other ways.  Bethenny has shock value.  The scene in the bedroom with Dorinda and Tinsley was hilarious and there was no cursing if I remember.  Without her all you would see is drunken women who are full of themselves.  She could omit the BJ’s tho.  That I agree on.  That and viginas. I think Bethenny is the reason why the N.Y. Housewives are No. 1, if that is correct.  I don’t know from Atlanta.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

You just have to overlook her dirty talk.  The others are annoying in other ways.  Bethenny has shock value.  The scene in the bedroom with Dorinda and Tinsley was hilarious and there was no cursing if I remember.  Without her all you would see is drunken women who are full of themselves.  She could omit the BJ’s tho.  That I agree on.  That and viginas. I think Bethenny is the reason why the N.Y. Housewives are No. 1, if that is correct.  I don’t know from Atlanta.

Based on what I know about the show, I'm pretty sure that Bethenny's crude jokes and comments for shock value are made at the request of production.    She knows exactly what Bravo wants, expects her to deliver and she's willing to provide it.   That's why Bravo and Andy love her and pay her the big bucks.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Based on what I know about the show, I'm pretty sure that Bethenny's crude jokes and comments for shock value are made at the request of production.    She knows exactly what Bravo wants, expects her to deliver and she's willing to provide it.   That's why Bravo and Andy love her and pay her the big bucks.   

She doesn’t just make these type of jokes on this show so I doubt she is doing it for production. And I think B would be the first to pick back on the idea that she isn’t presenting her “true” self on the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She doesn’t just make these type of jokes on this show so I doubt she is doing it for production.

Even though I'm a Bethenny fan I wouldn't waste my time following what any of these women say or do when they're not on my TV in a RHW's episode so I wouldn't know about that.    If it's true, I suspect she's maintaining her "Bethenny persona" for the camera and fans.   Love her or hate her, she has an image to protect.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And I think B would be the first to pick back on the idea that she isn’t presenting her “true” self on the show.

Of course!    

Just like Bravo and Andy claim the HWs are "reality TV." 

Edited by AnnA

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Otherkate said:

My friends and coworkers speak in a pretty similar fashion when appropriate and after we've known each other for a bit.

Mileage varies, etc, but I honestly don't believe the majority of women would find it appropriate to be known as the woman who asks men at a speed dating event if they want their dicks sucked.   (And if I'm a son of a bitching goddamn prude for thinking that?  So fucking be it ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Stop. The. Sniping.  Everyone is allowed their opinions on the housewives.  It is not your job to police others' posts, likes or dislikes.  If you cannot follow the rules, this is not the place for you. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2019 at 7:34 PM, Steph J said:

You said "She doesn't want to work" and then described what she does want to do and compared that to being like Anna Wintour.  I apologize if I misinterpreted your intent, but those two sentences I quoted do read like you're saying that Anna Wintour doesn't work.

I agree with you about Barbara, though I don't know what show she should be on. I've said before that I find her very "performative" and while I don't think the other women are exactly authentic on the show, they're much better at playing character versions of themselves without it being quite so obvious (though I'd wager that at this point the Luann Countess of Cabaret character is probably on stage 24/7 and just is Luann now)

Ahhhh....no, worries!  I felt everyone knows Anna Wintour.  So, I didn’t have to write out that part.  She is the most powerful and hardest working woman in the fashion world. 

Was I the only person that didn’t know this?  (Hahahahah) 

Tinsley wants the Rolodex to Who’s Who....but, she got no power. 

Tinsley is the opposite of Wintour. I thought you would get that.

For some reason NYC has always had a hard time with casting.  The main girls are the ones that have kept this show alive. 

Who thought people like Kristen (?), Cindy Beaver Wax and the one that kept telling us....she was Japanese and Jewish were a good fit?

I guess Barbara stuck around since she was present  throughout the Lu crisis.

Dorinda was one of the better ones.  But, she has pooped out this season.  I think she has a substance abuse problem. And, some jealousy issues with the other girls.....that affect her emotionally.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

For some reason NYC has always had a hard time with casting.  The main girls are the ones that have kept this show alive. 

Who thought people like Kristen (?), Cindy Beaver Wax and the one that kept telling us....she was Japanese and Jewish were a good fit?

I think Heather, Carole, Dorinda, and to a lesser extent Kristen and Aviva were very good, if not actually essential to revitalizing the show. By most accounts, the women rarely hung out when not filming. That changed in season 5. Heather, Dorinda, and Carole were very big on hanging out in the off season. They wanted to be real friends. Sonja's drunken delusional nostalgia only really becomes apparent because they are spending more time with each other. So it actually means something when a couple of the ladies can point to something as truly concerning behavior like how worried they become that they're having to repeatedly drag Sonja's drunken ass away from Beautique and pour her into the townhouse.

Aviva is necessary to introduce the concept of how truly small their social circle is via Harry Dubin. Now Ramona's hanging with him. Then we get Tom and the red scarf guy.

I think the vets start taking more fashion risks because Carole, Kristen, Jules, and Dorinda have edgier senses of style. The vets dressed ok, but was rarely noteworthy or interesting and now it's actually pretty good.

Quote

I guess Barbara stuck around since she was present  throughout the Lu crisis.

Dorinda was one of the better ones.  But, she has pooped out this season.  I think she has a substance abuse problem. And, some jealousy issues with the other girls.....that affect her emotionally.

I think Barbara is doing penance to both Bravo and Luann both for spilling the beans about Tom and Luann on a hot mic and then daring to sue Bravo despite knowing full well that she had not a leg to stand on. I think Bravo in particular is irritated that her argument implied that she'd been tricked and they're giving her an opportunity to prove how easy it is to say something messy without production ever having to interfere.

I think most people think Dorinda has a substance issue. However, I don't think she's at all jealous of the rest of the girls. She doesn't like Sonja and that's been brewing a long time. She's finally realizing that her friendship with Luann doesn't have enough mutuality to fulfill her. So it's not that she doesn't want to be friends with Luann, Dorinda just understands that her friendship needs to be a lot more superficial than it used to be. I think Dorinda just thinks Barbara is Luann's minion or toady.

The person who is coming across as jealous this season is Sonja. Nearly every episode has Sonja remarking on Barbara being sexually fluid and Sonja wondering how to get Bethenny's attention. It's fucking weird. If she wants Bethenny to fuck her she should just say so.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

e person who is coming across as jealous this season is Sonja. Nearly every episode has Sonja remarking on Barbara being sexually fluid and Sonja wondering how to get Bethenny's attention. It's fucking weird. If she wants Bethenny to fuck her she should just say so.

And when she is not doing that she is bitching about Tinsley and her life choices. I don’t find her at all entertaining to watch.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And when she is not doing that she is bitching about Tinsley and her life choices. I don’t find her at all entertaining to watch.

I forgot about Sonja constantly bitching at and about Tinsley. Sonja is very weirdly externally fixated this season and there seems to be little rhyme or reason behind why she's being strange and nasty. I don't know if moving from the townhouse has finally forced her to confront that she's no longer Lady Adams Morgan, which is not a thing because they don't have a double barreled surname.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I've been watching this show since its inception, so nothing Ramona says should surprise me anymore, but HOLY CRAP who just randomly tells someone that they've moved to a shithole town??

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ladle said:

I've been watching this show since its inception, so nothing Ramona says should surprise me anymore, but HOLY CRAP who just randomly tells someone that they've moved to a shithole town??

Ramona she said equally ridiculous things about Heather in the Berkshires.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Ramona she said equally ridiculous things about Heather in the Berkshires.

Oh my gosh, Ramona was horrible when Heather had them come stay. Didn't she ask if the house was, "the garage"? She is just such a fucking snob. And she came from those same type of quiet, rural areas. It's like she's so determined to pretend that wasn't her background that she just gets nasty any time she's exposed to something that reminds her of it. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I know Ramona's said equally obnoxious things in the past.  That's why it's weird that I haven't built up an immunity to it! 

Edited by ladle
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, Stiggs said:

I worked in the home shopping world for the better part of a decade and I have stories that I don't even tell people because I know they won't really believe me, lol. I've tried telling them other shit I experienced to give them a window into my insane work world but I could tell they thought I was embellishing. Had a friend who literally told me that until she, herself, got a job at the same company, she really did think I was making shit up, lol. And that's home shopping - I can't imagine working in like, the world of Vogue. Also never had a problem believing "Devil Wears Prada," heh.

Please oh please oh please please share your stories.  I heard there is a Home Shopping topic?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/22/2019 at 10:31 PM, Chickabiddy said:

I know. I felt like I was watching Abuse-Off between Ramona and Beth.  Almost decided to keep score. 

Hah, seriously. And, why were they acting like it was all brand new information? It's not like they haven't talked about their abusive fathers before. At least Ramona being triggered made some sense, given the locale, but BetheMe (™ Neurochick) seemed to be doing her usual one-upmanship, because fuck forbid anyone else is/has been/will be as TORTURED as her.

On 5/22/2019 at 10:54 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Putting aside the fact that she divorced Hannah's father, a woman raising her child alone - whether through divorce or death - is a single mother in my opinion. 

Agreed, which means Beth isn't one, since her parental duties are shared.

On 5/23/2019 at 1:44 PM, sasha206 said:

And yes, gang rape really isn't funny.

Well, you have to consider the source is someone who dated an alleged rapist, and believes a majority of rape allegations are false.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:55 PM, KnoxForPres said:

Yes they even give him that title of bodyguard/driver, le sigh

So ridiculous. Her sense of self-importance is almost clownish.

Edited by gritz
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, gritz said:

So ridiculous. Her sense of self-importance is almost clownish.

Too bad that the woman who Beth tossed her drink at didn't have a bodyguard.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Ramona she said equally ridiculous things about Heather in the Berkshires.

Bethenny was being pretty passive aggressive snarky with Luann's house like, "Luann, is this the master bedroom? Is this your bedroom, Luann??" Like acting faux confused if it was a measly guest room, like maybe this couldn't possibly be the best bedroom in the house.

Bethenny seems to be doing a lot of little subtle alpha moves to keep an upper hand on Luann this year. It's sort of uncomfortable to watch. Like at the "gangster Italian lunch," when Luann walked in and came over, Bethenny never stood up to say hello. Luann kind of expected her to, then realized Bethenny wasn't getting up and leaned over semi-awkwardly for the hello kiss pecks. But it almost felt like Bethenny didn't stand up on purpose. And just the way Bethenny was asking Luann about the house, "So the house, you love it??" Instead of saying something positive like, "Oh you must be so excited about your new house!" or whatever. She asked kind of questioning and Luann immediately went on the defensive about the view. Nothing earth shattering, but it all just felt uncomfortable to me.

And Luann has been acting so needy for approval this season - basically forcing everyone to agree and affirm how fabulous she is. "The party was fabulous, right?" "This view is amazing, isn't it?" "I did good for myself, don't you think?" etc.

Edited by divsc · Reason: typo
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, divsc said:

Bethenny was being pretty passive aggressive snarky with Luann's house like, "Luann, is this the master bedroom? Is this your bedroom, Luann??" Like acting faux confused if it was a measly guest room, like maybe this couldn't possibly be the best bedroom in the house.

Bethenny seems to be doing a lot of little subtle alpha moves to keep an upper hand on Luann this year. It's sort of uncomfortable to watch. Like at the "gangster Italian lunch," when Luann walked in and came over, Bethenny never stood up to say hello. Luann kind of expected her to, then realized Bethenny wasn't getting up and leaned over semi-awkwardly for the hello kiss pecks. But it almost felt like Bethenny didn't stand up on purpose. And just the way Bethenny was asking Luann about the house, "So the house, you love it??" Instead of saying something positive like, "Oh you must be so excited about your new house!" or whatever. She asked kind of questioning and Luann immediately went on the defensive about the view. Nothing earth shattering, but it all just felt uncomfortable to me.

And Luann has been acting so needy for approval this season - basically forcing everyone to agree and affirm how fabulous she is. "The party was fabulous, right?" "This view is amazing, isn't it?" "I did good for myself, don't you think?" etc.

Lu and BeTheMe are equally loathsome in their own special loathsome ways.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Oh my gosh, Ramona was horrible when Heather had them come stay. Didn't she ask if the house was, "the garage"? She is just such a fucking snob. And she came from those same type of quiet, rural areas. It's like she's so determined to pretend that wasn't her background that she just gets nasty any time she's exposed to something that reminds her of it. 

Ramona had her "abusive childhood" breakdown in the Berkshires. When she's actually in the milieu of her actual abusive childhood she's upset, but easily keeping it together. The Berkshires reminded her so much of her childhood that the only cure was going to the Hamptons to cock block Mario and prevent him from fucking Kasey in the house Ramona bought and going to Molly Sims' party.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/23/2019 at 7:37 AM, laprin said:

Luann is the most self-involved, narcissist of all the ladies. Bethenny can at least pull herself out of her own ass to help others, including Luann. Luann does not even acknowledge that there are other people in the world that need help, and certainly not to the extent that she could be bothered to offer it unless, of course, it was court-imposed.  

And even then not until she gets hauled back into court for not doing it on time.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:24 AM, mytmo said:

The reason this group works well is that deep down they really do like each other despite the cat fights and genuinely have a good time together.  

I think one of the other things that makes NY work well is that they all recognize that it's a job and treat it that way.  They have the ability to have a fight and then hash shit out and then talk about it at the reunion and move on.  They don't carry it around and make teams the way they do on other shows, they just know it's their job, they'll film together, everyone will interact, some might be closer than others, but whatever.  They will all get along and that's that.

On 5/23/2019 at 12:44 PM, sasha206 said:

Beth seems to think vulgarity = high humor.  Nearly every one of her jokes has blow job, vag, balls, etc. in it.  It's like "This one goes to 11" Bethenny instead of the person who was witty, charming, and self-deprecating first couple of seasons.  I'm no prude, in fact, I'm pretty bawdy.  But I get tired of her low brow humor.  And yes, gang rape really isn't funny.

She didn't say gang rape.  She said gang BANG.  A gang bang would be consensual, which is quite different than rape.  It's not on my bucket list, certainly, but, she was not joking about rape.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:31 PM, Dance4Life said:

Probably because it is all alcohol related.  What do you put an alcoholic in jail for? 

I am gonna guess if she was caught driving drunk........ or, another crime while drunk........then maybe she would do jail time.

Lu wouldn't be going to jail for being an alcoholic.  Lu would be going to jail because she threatened to kill a police officer and physically assaulted him.  And then she resisted arrest when she escaped from her handcuffs.  She also would be going to jail for violating her probation.  Now did this all stem from her being an alcoholic?  Most likely, but they wouldn't be locking her up for the alcoholism.  She could sit her ass at home drinking away provided she didn't do anything illegal. 

On 5/24/2019 at 8:57 AM, Sterling said:

She's spinning her wheels trying to be re-discovered as NY's "It Girl".  She's 20 years too late for that.  It's starting to look pathetic, and add in her alcohol and Dale/Mommy issues, and it's just sad.

If Tinsley really doesn't need the money, then she should start her own non-profit for some charity she really, deep down adores, and pursue that full-time.  She could go to corporations for sponsorships.  

There are jillions of high-powered men there.  She'd be using her status for a purpose, and the men would see, and be attracted to, her passion.

Tinsley also has to realize that she is never going to regain her prior level of status because she is shut out of the world that being Topper Mortimer's wife let her enter.  This is the same issue Sonja has.  When married to a member of society, you are in, no questions asked.  But they weren't ever part of society on their own merits, and now that they are the ex spouse, they won't have the same status on their own.  Tinsley is trying to recapture her lost youth and that's another piece of what she can't get back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/3/2019 at 1:23 AM, smores said:

She didn't say gang rape.  She said gang BANG.  A gang bang would be consensual, which is quite different than rape. 

Gang bang is also a synonym for gang rape (Webster, Collins, Oxford Living Dictionary, Cambridge Dictionary, American Heritage Dictionary, etc etc  - all list gang rape as a definition).  Andy Cohen made a (witless and ugly) gangbang joke last summer, about Frankel and the reunion dynamic   ("What's interesting is the women are gunning for Bethenny.  It's like a gang bang on Bethenny.")  Given Frankel's tone-deaf relationship with the subject of rape, she should be less cavalier, imo, when making "jokes" using words that mean both rape & consensual sex. 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size