Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Luann could just add some dangly beads and sparkles. Boom, a Statement Ankle Bracelet. I bet that would sell well to the... socialite... cabaret loving crowd? Oh, wait, that's a party of two: Luann herself and Tinsley, but she's just there to win the drinking game. 

Love it!

She could bling it out, make it extra noticeable, and just.....Lean Into it!

She could lean into it all....the arrests, the punching the officer, the issue with alcohol, all of it.  

You know, be vulnerable, Luann.  I mean, didn't all of us feel a teensy bit closer to Ramona when she opened up about her abusive father?

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, missyb said:

The casual approach to Luanns alcohol problem has bothered me for quite some time. Actually, in all the franchises. The need to put on good TV and to continually "bring it" has brought on the need to over drink at almost all get togethers and parties.

Luann was arrested for being a drunk. Her friends rallied around her, bethenny helped her with her legal woes, and yet, none of them can stop drinking when they get together with her. I dont care if she says, its okay, you can drink.  Any friend or someone who really cares about her would say, you know what, I can go one night without drinking. Yet, the cameras encourage them to bring it, and that means drinking. I hate what it says about all these shows. I hate what it says about Andy Cohen, because, I admit , I  do like him. But , that is waning. I hate that at the beginning of the season he had Luann on WWHL on a Wednesday night, shotski night. He went out of his way to say it was water, but why have her on or why have the shotski ? It is a slap in the face. You can say she is an adult, responsible for her own sobriety, all true. But if you are a friend, would it kill you to help?  Knowing she is struggling ? 

It is disturbing.  

I do see your point and as a friend I wouldn't drink around her HOWEVER, her sobriety is really not their problem.  She has to deal with it herself and if being around these women is too much to deal with she should remove herself.  She needs to take accountability for it.  She also is still performing in venues that serve alcohol. She isn't setting herself up for success.  People can't hide booze from her forever.  Close friends may stop drinking around her but these are coworkers.  I did major side eye having her on shotski night but she could have said no and asked for another night.

• Love 14

I feel it’s unfair to expect the cast to be teetotalers bc the Countess lost her shit and assaulted a cop. In all truth, I don’t think Lu has the biggest problem on NY, l think Dorinda does, but Lu got busted. 

Ive got to believe any substance abuse counselor or lawyer would advise not filming RHONY while on probation.  For one, as said drinking is everywhere all the time.  That alone is enough.  But two, this shit has to be stressful.  These women are ruthless.  Someone (myself included so no judgement) when faced with a stressful day wants a drink to unwind- just setting up for failure.

But that involves a lot of common sense and respect of her probation.  She’s a “star, darling” and by dog, if that camera is rolling she will be there.  

• Love 18
2 hours ago, laprin said:

Finding a baby-sitter to stay until midnight is not easy.  If I was already staying late, I would be ticked about staying even 30 minutes longer.  Think about it, if your boss asked you to work a later shift than normal and you agreed, would you not be irritated to have to work even later than expected? 

Would Lu have even noticed that Bethenny left if she was not told? The other ladies stayed and she did not even acknowledge them, which is rude. 

Why is Bethenny being held to a higher standard than Ramona? Ramona did not show at all because of a date. Wanting to be with your child is less noble than skipping the entire event for a date? 

Finally, how do we know that the show was not late due to actions on LuAnn's part? Being the diva that she is, maybe she insisted on extra rehearsal time. Even if it was out of her control, would it have been unreasonable for her to go downstairs and greet her waiting friends or is she too much of a "star" for that? 

There is what should be and what is. Luann didn't really care about Ramona. She wanted Bethanny to be there.

• Love 5
(edited)

I miss Bethenny's driver Kevin.  I just searched to see what happened and she says he wanted to slow down and not travel and she needed "security"??? - does that mean that Albi or whatever the new guy is called is supposed to be her bodyguard as well?  I hope Kevin was not financially screwed over by the B.

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I miss Bethenny's driver Kevin.  I just searched to see what happened and she says he wanted to slow down and not travel and she needed "security"??? - does that mean that Albi or whatever the new guy is called is supposed to be her bodyguard as well?  I hope Kevin was not financially screwed over by the B.

Yes they even give him that title of bodyguard/driver, le sigh

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

How do you quote where it says read more instead of all?  I wanted to quote a great post but didn’t want the wall of text. Sorry if this question is not allowed

No idea.  SORRY!

Bethanny and Rinna are very similar to me. They are both way below normal weight for height age. They are full of energy, super hyper, and impulsive. They bpth say things that are inappropriate/offensive, because they don't think before they speak. And they are both the first people to arrive at events, and the first to leave events. They always have some elaborate excuse why they have to leave. They are also both sick a lot.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think that staying at an event almost four hours showing support is enough. Bethenny found a babysitter for the event. It went long. Her babysitter is her housekeeper, not a nanny. Asking a babysitter to stay long last minute is not cool. And if Lu had ever had the care of her own children, and not left it to a nanny, she would know.

I think it is telling that Lu didn't know the other women ALL stayed. She didn't bother to even greet or text them after the show. This is some diva shit. Lu didn't care that Bethenny wasn't there. Lu cared that Bethenny leaving reduced camera time.

Think about what was filmed that...if it went down a little differently we wouldn't have the Luann shenanigans and Bravo wants the drama.

Sonja is on the poster as one of the "hosts" for the event. They could have filmed Bethenny and Tinsley going into the It's About The Pasta room to see Luann. B & T could have chatted with Luann, oohed and aahed over costumes and then B could have said I'll stay until 11:15 but then I have to split...good luck blah blah blah. Then have Sonja, Barbara and Dorinda talking to Luann after the performance.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

There is what should be and what is. Luann didn't really care about Ramona. She wanted Bethanny to be there.

I’m with Bethenny.  She claims she really doesn’t go out that much at night, unless it’s really important.  I’m the same way.  I like to be home at night unless it’s a wedding, recital or really important.  Bethenny has a job in the day, Luann doesn’t.  This supporting each other every minute is annoying.  They all are forced to go even if they don’t want to.  Luann has been supported the last three seasons.  Let’s see if she supports the others when the reunion comes.

• Love 13
(edited)
On May 22, 2019 at 9:41 PM, Neurochick said:

Not really single mothers, Bethenny, Dorinda is a widow.  

That doesn't  matter.   Dorinda is divorced from Hannah's father and she's not married so she is a single mother.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
On 5/23/2019 at 3:21 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Memory Lane...Ramona wiggle

rhony-ramona-dance2.gif

I love her too.  She is very ditsey and talks, thinks and acts like a child.  She blantenly left Dorinda at the table alone and sat with somebody else at an event.  Who does that?  A child.  If I were Dorinda, I would have left.  Then, she brings leftover cake and flowers to Luann’s house.  She also needs at least five Birthday parties with cake, candles and all.  A child in a woman’s body.

• Love 10
On May 23, 2019 at 12:17 AM, Callaphera said:

I know everyone here hates Bethenny like they're paid by the insult they lob at her and the rent is due yesterday but I gotta admit, watching her lay on the bed on her stomach, kicking her feet in the air while she giggled to her boyfriend on the phone? I thought it was adorable and I felt ten years younger just observing it. 

Not everyone!   I've been Team Bethenny since day one.

My mother taught me not to hate.  She said hatred erodes the vessel carrying it (aka hatred makes you ugly). 

• Love 9

I think Luann needs a boyfriend or husband ASAP.  Then, she won’t need all her girlfriends to support her in every little thing she does.  Enough with the “support” already.  Everything is a big deal with this woman.  Other people have lives too.

• Love 7
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I think Luann needs a boyfriend or husband ASAP.  Then, she won’t need all her girlfriends to support her in every little thing she does.  Enough with the “support” already.  Everything is a big deal with this woman.  Other people have lives too.

I’d feel sorry for the husband - how about a halfway house/community situation where everyone helps each other?

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 10
(edited)
44 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Not everyone!   I've been Team Bethenny since day one.

My mother taught me not to hate.  She said hatred erodes the vessel carrying it (aka hatred makes you ugly). 

I think there is a substantial amount of people worship Bethany like she's a god. Maybe not on this thread, but in general, she's got a HUGE following. Gigantic. They just eat up the rags to riches story that she plays with perfection. I also think women tend to like other women who are sort of homely and trying really hard to be pretty and look good. I think other women identify with her because they have the same insecurities of not being good enough.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OH, I see.  Well, she could wear some lovely summer trousers to cover it.  lol

Perhaps Jovani could make those for her!

• Love 4
(edited)
On May 23, 2019 at 1:15 PM, politichick said:

This was an excellent way of putting this. Sometimes after a good episode I come here looking forward to reading others' impressions, including the snark, but this can take the fun out of it.

I try my best to skip over them.    They're repetitive anyway so I'm not missing anything.    

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

How do you quote where it says read more instead of all?  I wanted to quote a great post but didn’t want the wall of text. Sorry if this question is not allowed

If I understand your question, what you do is hit the little Read More triangle to pull down the whole block of text.  Then highlight the part that you want to quote. You should get a little blue pop-up button that says "Quote Selection."  Click that button, and a reply box should open up at the bottom of the page with the quoted text in it.  Then just go from there.

Sorry if this wasn't what you needed.

• Useful 2
(edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 4:18 PM, Mondrianyone said:

It's the #MeLu movement.

LOL doesn't even begin to cover the sound I made, Mondrianyone (I snorted like a pig looking for truffles ; )

12 hours ago, Sterling said:

Tinsley wouldn't last 4 minutes at Vogue.  I was in that world for the first 7 years of my career, and it really is "Devil Wears Prada". 

Tinsley worked at Vogue as a beauty assistant (she started out alongside Plum Sykes) as well as working as an event planner at Harrison & Shriftman, so she's done jobs that are fast paced and demanding.

For what it's worth, I thought Tinsley broke down because she was vulnerable (post-Scott breakup) and in a place - the Big Apple Circus -  deeply linked to memories of her childhood (perhaps false, but still powerful)  of a happy family visiting NYC at Christmas, long before her parents divorced. More a case of remembering the past,  while surveying a dismal present, not so much being incapable of handling the pressure of playing ringmaster. (Plus, a river of booze running through it.)

@bichonblitz

And hasn't she been flashing her big rock of a ring to everybody telling them that she and Dennis were engaged but she didn't want to tell anybody? 

Here's the Memorial Day dish, Bichon! Shields was the love of her life, but BetheDenny - who were in a secret engagement - are now in an open relationship! Denny sent Bethy yet another note from beyond the grave ("Snookums! I wanna blowjob!") and Bethy was all "Excuse me, I'm in bed with your replacement right now?" and he was all "What? I've been dead less than eight weeks!" and she was like "Bryn needs another new Daddy!" so Denny said "Maybe we should see other people?" and she was "But I need the ghost storyline for this season!" so he said "I'll see other spirits, you see other humans, but we'll be exclusive human-spirit?" and Bethy said yes, so then Dennis used Carole Radziwill's name to hit on Carolyn Bessette Kennedy ("Are you fucking kidding me? Have you SEEN the legendary handsome ghost on my arm?") and then Anthony Radziwill beat the shit out of Denny ("Keep my wife's name outta your mouth, Shields!") but then, Lee Radziwill showed up right after her funeral and couldn't WAIT to tell Anthony all about what Carole's been up to - RHoNY, and those medium shows?  - and now Anthony Radziwill is exclusively spirit-human dating Paris Hilton!  EL SCANDALO! Stay tuned for more dead-live hotmances! 

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
On May 23, 2019 at 2:01 PM, Real Housewife LI said:

Welcome to NY...this is how my friends and i communicate...literally don’t bat an eye at her jokes, comments or language.

On May 23, 2019 at 2:22 PM, Gem 10 said:

Yes.  She is hilarious, quick and witty.  That’s Bethenny.  I’ve heard worse talk from other franchises.  What about “Watch What Happens”?

Bethenny cracks me up!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Bethanny and Rinna are very similar to me. They are both way below normal weight for height age. They are full of energy, super hyper, and impulsive. They bpth say things that are inappropriate/offensive, because they don't think before they speak. And they are both the first people to arrive at events, and the first to leave events. They always have some elaborate excuse why they have to leave. They are also both sick a lot.

I have noticed this as well. Also they both need to screech and yell to be heard above anyone else who is speaking. The most attention seeking bitches in the franchise. So Annoying.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

If I understand your question, what you do is hit the little Read More triangle to pull down the whole block of text.  Then highlight the part that you want to quote. You should get a little blue pop-up button that says "Quote Selection."  Click that button, and a reply box should open up at the bottom of the page with the quoted text in it.  Then just go from there.

Sorry if this wasn't what you needed.

This this a test. 

• LOL 4

Dorinda can be meaner than a wet hen. And she's usually upset about something she perceives as a slight, which IMO, sends her into a rage that's not proportionate to the slight.

I'm not all that surprised that Ramona, even though she's odd, didn't want half-baked Sonja and volatile Dorinda at her party. I think that in general, Luann and Tinsely are good at keeping their cool. In general. I'd be most comfortable around either of them. The other ladies can be super emotional and make things awkward.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

This this a test. 

Drat.

Try it with a really long post, and then don't forget to highlight (select) just a line or two.

And then I'll stop being helpful and give somebody else a try.

• Love 2

Luanne has an addictive personality.  One year she was obsessed with getting married. Now she is obsessed with her show.  

Tinsley has many signs that she is a child of an alcoholic.  And I do think she was uncomfortable around Luanne and having to walk on eggshells around her.  It seemed to bring up a lot of painful memories.  This weekend brought out a bit of a mean streak in her. JMHO. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I never said Anna Wintour didn’t have a job.

I was implying she needs to get a job like Anna Wintour if she wants to be a powerhouse socialite in high fashion.......and, fashion shows. 

(She actually worked at Vogue during her younger days)

I don’t know.  I am bored.  I am bored with Tinsley and Barbara.

Barbara is on the wrong show.  Tinsley is very Valley of the Dolls. 

You said "She doesn't want to work" and then described what she does want to do and compared that to being like Anna Wintour.  I apologize if I misinterpreted your intent, but those two sentences I quoted do read like you're saying that Anna Wintour doesn't work.

I agree with you about Barbara, though I don't know what show she should be on. I've said before that I find her very "performative" and while I don't think the other women are exactly authentic on the show, they're much better at playing character versions of themselves without it being quite so obvious (though I'd wager that at this point the Luann Countess of Cabaret character is probably on stage 24/7 and just is Luann now)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Tinsley has many signs that she is a child of an alcoholic.  And I do think she was uncomfortable around Luanne and having to walk on eggshells around her.  It seemed to bring up a lot of painful memories.  This weekend brought out a bit of a mean streak in her. JMHO.

I don’t think it was a mean streak but more of a honest streak with a lot of snark (which I found so funny). I do see how that can be viewed both ways.

I do agree that she is having a lot of painful memories coming to the surface from being a child of an alcoholic. I think she has a lot of repressed and unresolved issues that appear to be bubbling to the surface on this season. That is painful, especially in the public eye. However if she deals with the core of her issues (painful as that might be) I personally have hope she will emerge as her true resolved self at the end (and may act more like a 43 year old than a 20 year old).

• Love 5
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Think about what was filmed that...if it went down a little differently we wouldn't have the Luann shenanigans and Bravo wants the drama.

Sonja is on the poster as one of the "hosts" for the event. They could have filmed Bethenny and Tinsley going into the It's About The Pasta room to see Luann. B & T could have chatted with Luann, oohed and aahed over costumes and then B could have said I'll stay until 11:15 but then I have to split...good luck blah blah blah. Then have Sonja, Barbara and Dorinda talking to Luann after the performance.

ROFL!!!! 😂😂😂

• LOL 1
41 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I don’t think it was a mean streak but more of a honest streak with a lot of snark (which I found so funny). I do see how that can be viewed both ways.

I do agree that she is having a lot of painful memories coming to the surface from being a child of an alcoholic. I think she has a lot of repressed and unresolved issues that appear to be bubbling to the surface on this season. That is painful, especially in the public eye. However if she deals with the core of her issues (painful as that might be) I personally have hope she will emerge as her true resolved self at the end (and may act more like a 43 year old than a 20 year old).

That’s true what you said about Tins growing up, but who on this board and people in general didn’t have a good childhood with divorced parents, alcoholism, poverty and maybe abuse and fought to come out of it.  At least she had money and nice clothes to wear to private school I’m assuming.  Some of us couldn’t have opportunity to go to college, but had to work from a young age.  Tinsley had the pleasure of marriage to a rich guy and probably lived in a mansion in Palm Beach.  She needs good therapy and to get away from women who are older, drink too much and party.

• Love 3

I'm on board with those who believe that Luann's friends/associates could abstain from the demon rum for a short bit, while she is in her most vulnerable and difficult stage.  Granted, she will need to be able to cope with being around alcohol and those indulging, eventually.

All of ^this said, I believe that the producers of this show would be completely flummoxed if they had to orchestrate scenes/episodes that didn't involve copious amounts of alcohol.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 2:01 PM, Real Housewife LI said:

Welcome to NY...

I've lived here over 25 years, and I've met dozens upon dozens of native New Yorkers who would cringe at Frankel's tacky foul-mouth being described as standard NYC behavior - Joy Behar is a classic NYC broad to me, not Bethenny Frankel -  if you have to scream "WANNA BLOWJOB?" to land a joke, you ARE the joke.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
On 5/23/2019 at 11:32 PM, rhys said:

That article about Lu indicated she had to go on antabuse. That's some scary stuff I think. And serious, too. No more messing around if that's the case.I don't know how someone forces Lu to take the antabuse but time will tell.

If she actually takes it.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, film noire said:

I've lived here over 25 years, and I've met dozens upon dozens of native New Yorkers who would cringe at Frankel's tacky foul-mouth being described as standard NYC behavior - Joy Behar is a classic NYC broad to me, not Bethenny Frankel -  if you have to scream "WANNA BLOWJOB?" to land a joke, you ARE the joke.

I’ve lived here my whole life and the first time I heard that word on t.v. Was on BRAVO.  Most of his guests talk that way without blinking an eye.  Cringeworthy.  I never watch the View mostly because of Joy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

When Luann appeared at Hospital 849 - that wasn't her "Countess and Friend Cabaret". She was one of the 4 people performing at that venue. She was there to be in the spotlight and she wasn't "promoting" her cabaret show. It was not a charity event. It was a venue where you buy a ticket and get drunk out of your gourd because the ticket price covers the "open bar"

This is just my take but I think Bethenny originally said no and then Luann sent an email to all of them that she would perform at 11:00PM instead of 1:00AM as she understood some of them didn't want to be out so late. While she sent them all the email, I think she was targetting Bethenny to get her to change her mind and come - which she did.

Sonja and Barbara went into the room where Luann was getting coked up makeup ready for stage. Luann spoke to Dorinda when she finished. I don't understand why Luann is so upset at "Bethenny" as opposed to Ramona who didn't even show up. I also don't understand why it was so important for Bethenny to stay to watch Luann lip sync a song she released in 2010.

Didn’t they all see her perform on stage when Dorinda yelled ou “Jovanni”?  Once is enough.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’ve lived here my whole life and the first time I heard that word on t.v. Was on BRAVO.  Most of his guests talk that way without blinking an eye.  Cringeworthy.  I never watch the View mostly because of Joy.

And another thing, haha .. Bravo has gone to a new level.  Now we have Camille Grammar and Denise Richards telling the world how to have great sex !!!!!  Amaaaazing, as Muricio would say.  To think, i wasn’t doing it right all these years!  Thanks girls.  Butannas.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/24/2019 at 5:42 PM, bravofan27 said:

I think there is a substantial amount of people worship Bethany like she's a god. Maybe not on this thread, but in general, she's got a HUGE following. Gigantic. They just eat up the rags to riches story that she plays with perfection. I also think women tend to like other women who are sort of homely and trying really hard to be pretty and look good. I think other women identify with her because they have the same insecurities of not being good enough.

Or maybe they admire Bethenny’s work ethic,  enjoy her sense of humor and find her to be more down-to-earth. Frankly, I relate to the fact that she knows how to have an intelligent argument. Many people can’t match wits with Bethenny, which is why she can be particularly unnerving in an argument. 

• Love 16
On May 24, 2019 at 7:37 PM, bravofan27 said:

Dorinda can be meaner than a wet hen. And she's usually upset about something she perceives as a slight, which IMO, sends her into a rage that's not proportionate to the slight.

I'm not all that surprised that Ramona, even though she's odd, didn't want half-baked Sonja and volatile Dorinda at her party. I think that in general, Luann and Tinsely are good at keeping their cool. In general. I'd be most comfortable around either of them. The other ladies can be super emotional and make things awkward.

I understand that but if that's the case she shouldn't have brought it up at all in front of Sonja and Dorinda.  The fact that she even mentioned this 2nd bday party made it seem like she was rubbing it in their face.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laprin said:

Or maybe they admire Bethenny’s work ethic,  enjoy her sense of humor and find her to be more down-to-earth. Frankly, I relate to the fact that she knows how to have an intelligent argument. Many people can’t match wits with Bethenny, which is why she can be particularly unnerving in an argument. 

Finally, someone who can relate to the good in her.  Nice.

• Love 10

I think Barbara is just fine.  Others don’t like her. We all have opinions. 

Not sure if I liked Luanne’s house or not.  There was a certain coziness in the breakfast scene. The wooded area was a little scary to me.  

• Love 4

I don't find Beth particularly witty anymore.  Her jokes are worn out and most of the time not particularly funny.  I liked her on her first go round on RHNY but after she got her spin off and her deal with Beam, she has become a total narcissist who craves attention.  Poor me - the great exaggerator.  Torture is her favorite word.

• Love 20
On 5/24/2019 at 11:46 PM, film noire said:

Boy, Sex and the City certainly should have given the natives heart palpitations.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3