Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Seeing Ramona’s family picture, there were 4 kids.  I couldn’t pick Ramona out.  Then Ramona says she has 4 siblings?  Have we ever heard of her sisters?

I thought Ramona looked like a total mess in this episode.  She always looks like she ran through a wind tunnel.

Tinsley is SO high maintenance.  Seeing her show up in B’s bedroom fully dressed with perfect hair and makeup was kinda sad.  She can never relax.  No man will ever be able to live with her being that insecure.

The photos looked like four siblings total, including Ramona.  I believe we saw one of Ramona's sisters a few seasons ago, if my memory is working correctly.

One of the little girls in the photo had their face blurred out, so I'm assuming that one doesn't want anything to do with the show, or Ramona doesn't talk to her anymore.

Ramona's brother sounds like he was a real piece of work.  He wrote a tell-all book several years ago, where he says he was a drug dealer, and also, he said that Ramona was basically a serial cheater when she and Mario were married.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

This year, Lu makes one snarky comment and she "talked about Bethenny's daughter." No, Beth, Lu was having a go at your excuse to leave. She thinks if she accuses everyone of going after her kid, it will make her case stronger. It just makes her sound delusional and paranoid.

I honestly just think this is a hypersensitivity for her based a) on everything she is going through and has gone through with Jason consistently trying to make the case that she is an unfit parent; and b) her desperate need to break the cycle of terrible parenting with Bryn. I'm not the biggest Bethenny fan but I do appreciate her actively trying to be a good parent. Lu will never win that argument. She was straight up narcissistic, wanting B to be there for her instead of her own child. Or maybe Lu is trying to prove something to B like she's a surrogate mother or something. It's not the first time she's made a snarky comment about B so I think it's deeper than just, "I wanted you there to celebrate me." 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

What is this fascination with cabaret in NY?  I wouldn't have wanted to go either, it looked boring.

Did she even sing any original songs? Or was it just that horrible rendition of Lu's song all night? 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Did she even sing any original songs? Or was it just that horrible rendition of Lu's song all night? 

I preferred Margarita’s rendition over Lu’s simply because she substituted “CLA ass” with “class.” I think one of the reasons the “song” irritates me so much is because it sounds so much like kids taunting other kids with “nah nah, nah nah, NAH nah!”

• Love 3
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I like Lu's house. Sue me.

I do too.  I like remote places that aren't perfect and trendy.  Trendy makes me ill.   I could live there no problem.  And I can't believe that anyone would think that going to a gay bar and watching that crazy woman singing cabaret in the gaudiest outfit I've ever laid my eyes on wouldn't be hilarious and fun.  I'd be way drunk tho.

• Love 16

I found this episode enjoyable.  The thing about this franchise is that even if I don't like the character, I can still enjoy watching them for entertainment value.  They are not as pretentious, as their competitors, and if they are lying about a lot of stuff, they sure are good at it.  They are much more believable than some other Bravo ladies who just bore me to death.  So, I'm not sure which brand of narcissism they serve in NYC, but, it's a lot of fun, imo:)

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, shirazplease said:

I do too.  I like remote places that aren't perfect and trendy.  Trendy makes me ill.   I could live there no problem.  And I can't believe that anyone would think that going to a gay bar and watching that crazy woman singing cabaret in the gaudiest outfit I've ever laid my eyes on wouldn't be hilarious and fun.  I'd be way drunk tho.

Oh God, same here. I'd be two martinis in and loving every minute of that performance.

Honestly, I love where Lu's house is and the view is amazing. I don't like the inside very much, but she could work on it.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

She was acting like her mother.....not a pretty look.

Hard disagree on that.   Tins is obviously observant and astute, I’d argue, and makes quick but light comments that indicate there’s an iceberg of What I COULD Be Saying right there beneath the tip of What I AM Saying.  Old Dale is the 180 of that - she has all the charm, finesse and subtlety of a giant frigging shipwreck.

The Sideshow Bob of Upstate NY was cute!  Go on, Barbara!

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Is Bethenny upset that someone else thinks "ME ME ME."  Doesn't Luann know that only Bethenny can think "ME ME ME?"

How many times will Bethenny mention Dennis?

And who is this new man Bethenny's with?  I thought Dennis was the love of her life?

Ha! Funny how that happens...your soul mate and love of your life dies and Voila! Another man miraculously appears and begins "courting" you...while you're still in mourning.

It does seem to be a battle of the egos on this show...Bethenny, LuAnn and Ramona are the most self absorbed women, self serving and self centered divas I've ever seen.  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, kicksave said:

It does seem to be a battle of the egos on this show...Bethenny, LuAnn and Ramona are the most self absorbed women, self serving and self centered divas I've ever seen.  

I know, isn't it great!  😉

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, shirazplease said:

I've known several divorcees that have left Manhattan and moved to Kingston and Woodstock...all were alcoholics.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Albi, Bethenny’s driver, drove them up. Where does he go while they are in the house and then the hotel?  To another hotel, I guess?  Stupid question, but was he waiting in the car the whole time they all were in the house?

He probably goes somewhere very quiet to give his hearing a chance to recoup.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Thumper said:

I appreciated the Ramona/Beth realization that they had both had similar dysfunctional upbringings.  Felt especially bad for Ramona, as I hadn't heard her story before.  Wish the others had been there to witness this -- maybe they would be less snotty.

Yes, but the very next day Dorinda, who seemed so moved the night before, went right after Ramona for "making a face".  Dorinda gets worse every episode.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, escatefromny said:

Yes, but the very next day Dorinda, who seemed so moved the night before, went right after Ramona for "making a face".  Dorinda gets worse every episode.

At the very least you have to admire her consistency....

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I know. I felt like I was watching Abuse-Off between Ramona and Beth.  Almost decided to keep score. 🙄

I really dislike Lu’s round little hovel. Looks like a cheap vacay rental. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. 

During the rehash of Ramona’s charity event, it irritated me how those bitches kept referring to Bridie as “the girl” As in, “You kept interrupting the GIRL.” Stupid bitches couldn’t even bother to remember her name. 🙄

And could Beth please take her damn shoes off when putting her feet on the furniture? Apparently, raised by wolves and in a barn. 🙄

And that’s all I got. It was both boring AND exhausting. Apparently, money can’t buy you interesting things to say  or do either. 😉

Have to agree with you about Lu's spaceship house...from the outside it looks like a dump...the inside is cramped. It's a cottage...and she definitely overpaid for it. The other round house she wanted to buy was beautiful and unique and  had a grand view...this place is a sad sloppy seconds.

Edited by kicksave
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I know everyone here hates Bethenny like they're paid by the insult they lob at her and the rent is due yesterday but I gotta admit, watching her lay on the bed on her stomach, kicking her feet in the air while she giggled to her boyfriend on the phone? I thought it was adorable and I felt ten years younger just observing it. Unfortunately, me at 25 wasn't as good of a place as me at 35.

Okay, moment over, I'm back to fan-girling drunk Tinsley. 

I don't know much about Rhinebeck but the little that I do know made me think that I was going to see a horde of rabid knitters running by with their needles in the air. I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't. 

This was an excellent way of putting this. Sometimes after a good episode I come here looking forward to reading others' impressions, including the snark, but this can take the fun out of it.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Have to agree with you about Lu's spaceship house...from the outside it looks like a dump...the inside is cramped. It's a cottage...and she definitely overpaid for it. The other round house she wanted to buy was beautiful and unique and a grand view...this place is a sad sloppy seconds.

The six million house?

3 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

The six million house?

This one was less.  The 6 million dollar house was the one that ended up with her in court with her kids, using Dennis to fund an attorney, Barb with POA and Bethenny calling rehab facilities for an emergency admit.

From what they're saying this season she asked Bethenny to loan her the money and then asked Dennis.  What was she thinking or what was she drinking?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

The six million house?

Yes...I saw an entire real estate write up of it with photos...gorgeous.

17 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

He probably goes somewhere very quiet to give his hearing a chance to recoup.

I would imagine he stays where the rest of the RHONY production crew stays.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Yes...I saw an entire real estate write up of it with photos...gorgeous.

Really? I didn’t think we ever found out even where the house was and a lot of people were sleuthing.

• Love 2

Just speaking for myself, I insult Bethenny because I have tried to like her--and she teases with likable moments--but she is someone who has railroaded, intimidated and mean-girled the likes of Heather, Kristen, Sonja, Ramona, Luann, Jules, Carole and Tinsley and possibly led to some of their firings since her re-arrival on the scene.  She can't play well with others, unless they are going by her personal playbook, and I'm going to call it out each and every time.  I also agree with others upthread who think she's using her daughter as a weapon to make this mundane conversation something it isn't.

Onto other things, I guess I see where Luann was coming from last year in Cartagena when she said Dorinda was "turning."  I originally took it as a comment made out of jealousy that Dorinda could drink and Luann couldn't, but on that last morning in the house?  Dorinda was turning and she was (arguably) sober.  What was up with the finger jabs and the head swivels at Ramona?  That is some repressed motherfucking rage that she needs to deal with...

Sonja is the opposite of Tinsley.  I realized this last night.  Whereas Tinsley likes to smoothe things over and make them nice (she stole your title right out from under you, Dor), Sonja goes out of her way to escalate situations all the damn time.  She tries to disturb whatever is not exactly to her liking.  Just a small, but significant example--when they were singing happy birthday to Ramona and Bethenny at the restaurant, Sonja was purposely ignoring it and having a side conversation with Barbara.  Why, Sonja?  Are you jealous that someone is having a moment with "B"?    Jealous that you didn't get invited to Ramona's birthday party?  Don't you have better things to do, like party on a yacht with P.Diddy in St Tropez than attend Ramona's birthday anyway?  

Sonja's level of insanity scares me.  Sometimes, like last night, I actually see her expression vacillate between reality and fantasy, as if she is really struggling with the difference.  Also, hunty, I don't really care if you criticize or expose inconsistencies, BUT WHY DOES THE VOLUME OF YOUR VOICE ALWAYS HAVE TO BE UP HERE when you do it?  What did Dorinda say a few seasons back:  "Money talks, wealth whispers"?  Sonja, pretend to have a little wealth or a little couth. Like, just a touch.

I never have a good thing to say about Barbara, but it was very sweet how she fell a little for that guy, and, by extension, the entire area.  I think that meant a lot to Luann.  Luann is insecure and wants the ladies to accept her choice of moving to bumblefuck.  It's nice when they extend her some grace, even if--especially if--she hasn't always extended them grace in the past.

I thought it was a little rude of Ramona, Bethenny and Dorinda not to drive the extra half hour to see Margarita perform.  First, I thought that was fucking awesome and hilarious, and I would jump at the chance to see it.  In fact, the first text I sent to my husband this morning was "moneycantbuyyouclass."  I floved how Margarita did that so un-self-consciously!  I understand that Ramona and Bethenny had a good bonding experieince, etc., but I don't think they're being very supportive of Luann's sobriety.  Luann (through her own poor decision-making) cannot drink.  She can't sit in a bar and drink with y'all, so she's doing the right thing and planning alternative activities that drunk and sober people can enjoy.  To just not go...isn't helpful.  I thought Tinsely was such a good sport for going.

I don't often find much to discuss with regard to Ramona, because I think her crazy is baked into the cake.  I expect her to speak and act irrationally.  I don't think she hurts many people, because they just swat her away like a fly.  I don't sense a vicious streak in her the way I do with Sonja.  I vote that she can stay on the island, lies notwithstanding, this week at least.  She just doesn't faze me.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Really? I didn’t think we ever found out even where the house was and a lot of people were sleuthing.

I believe I read the article with the accompanying photos in the New York Post before her family sued her over it.

3 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

If a group of women disrespected me in my home the way these women did to Lu, I'd have tossed them in the Hudson. 

Did you miss Lu's behavior in the Berkshires?

• LOL 9
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Beth thinks it's a joke to say that she looks like she just got gang banged.  That ain't funny.  In the least.

Beth seems to think vulgarity = high humor.  Nearly every one of her jokes has blow job, vag, balls, etc. in it.  It's like "This one goes to 11" Bethenny instead of the person who was witty, charming, and self-deprecating first couple of seasons.  I'm no prude, in fact, I'm pretty bawdy.  But I get tired of her low brow humor.  And yes, gang rape really isn't funny.

• Love 16

What was Luann drinking when they were at the cabaret show?  It looked like a red/pink drink in a coupe glass. Very much like a cocktail if you ask me.  Would she be that brazen to imbibe in public with the cameras there?  I'd like to think not but...

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, malibu said:

What was Luann drinking when they were at the cabaret show?  It looked like a red/pink drink in a coupe glass. Very much like a cocktail if you ask me.  Would she be that brazen to imbibe in public with the cameras there?  I'd like to think not but...

Could be many things perhaps cranberry and soda.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Tinsley is SO high maintenance.  Seeing her show up in B’s bedroom fully dressed with perfect hair and makeup was kinda sad.  She can never relax.  No man will ever be able to live with her being that insecure.

While I totally agree she is high maintenance, I'm always amazed at the number of women on the Real Housewives show that will be filmed without makeup.  Not me!  I'm that vain that I wouldn't be without makeup on that show.  Hair doesn't have to be perfect though.

My thing with Tins though is the amount of makeup she always wears.  It is very heavy.  I think she'd look a lot pretty with less.

• Love 10

Tinsley wanting to drink because the town is so boring made me laugh. 

Ramona/Beth/Dorinda really lucked out not going to that awful cabaret party.

Sonja saying that its Lu`s retirement years was the line of the night. LMAO.

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Beth seems to think vulgarity = high humor.  Nearly every one of her jokes has blow job, vag, balls, etc. in it.  It's like "This one goes to 11" Bethenny instead of the person who was witty, charming, and self-deprecating first couple of seasons.  I'm no prude, in fact, I'm pretty bawdy.  But I get tired of her low brow humor.  And yes, gang rape really isn't funny.

I agree. It’s lazy and unoriginal. Anyone can do it. It’s boring and unnecessary. It adds nothing. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I preferred Margarita’s rendition over Lu’s simply because she substituted “CLA ass” with “class.” I think one of the reasons the “song” irritates me so much is because it sounds so much like kids taunting other kids with “nah nah, nah nah, NAH nah!”

How about when she screeches her way thought, "Elegance is lear-er-er-er-ER-ERNED!!!"???

56 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

I like Dorinda, but I won't always defend her behavior. I didn't even see Ramona make a "face". But I do think Dorinda is very on edge with Ramona right now. She's felt slighted by her several times this season (like not sitting with her at the charity Ramona invited her to) and is now on the defensive. I'll get you before you can get me again. 

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Just speaking for myself, I insult Bethenny because I have tried to like her--and she teases with likable moments--but she is someone who has railroaded, intimidated and mean-girled the likes of Heather, Kristen, Sonja, Ramona, Luann, Jules, Carole and Tinsley and possibly led to some of their firings since her re-arrival on the scene.  She can't play well with others, unless they are going by her personal playbook, and I'm going to call it out each and every time.  

Exactly.

I used to love her.  She could do no wrong to me in her first RHONY go around.  So I didn't start off with a predisposition not to like her.  But over time, I feel like she's morphed into an egomaniac who thinks she is the most brilliant, most amazing, most hilarious, most beautiful woman that men are killing themselves over.  I appreciate her philanthropy but there is a part of me that thinks she is doing it for the personal accolades; nevertheless, she's done a lot of good no matter what the reason.  I just find that she's morphed into a person that is exhausting and unlikable most of the time (or at least what she shows us on screen).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Welcome to NY...this is how my friends and i communicate...literally don’t bat an eye at her jokes, comments or language.

Yes.  She is hilarious, quick and witty.  That’s Bethenny.  I’ve heard worse talk from other franchises.  What about “Watch What Happens”?

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Did you miss Lu's behavior in the Berkshires?

Not one bit. I've said on multiple occasions that Dorinda should have thrown all of them out. Being an ass to someone in their home is bottom-feeder behavior. Dorinda, especially, should have popped Luann one a few weeks back for going on and on about the Shark Room. Lu's been worse to Dorinda than anyone this season, and somehow B is reaping all the apologies...

That comment isn't about defending Lu - it's about the overall right not to be openly disrespected in your own home. They should have chosen any other place to openly air their collective grievances. It's uncool to do it in someone's living room.

I've been consistent on this issue. Kyle had a point to make to LVP on BH this season, but going to her home to tell her in her own kitchen that all the women believe she's a total liar was a boneheaded move, and LVP had every right to throw her out of Villa Rosa.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, politichick said:

This was an excellent way of putting this. Sometimes after a good episode I come here looking forward to reading others' impressions, including the snark, but this can take the fun out of it.

You're describing how some of us one-time B fans feel when we tune into an episode. We want the snark, and her laughing in her pjs, but more often than not, she sucks the fun out of it. She can still be funny, but her imperiousness has collectively dampened the NYC franchise - though it is still far and away the best iteration out there.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

And, even then, she helped herself to their soup. 

My memory is bad.  Was there ever a time when Luann went out of her way to help one of the girls when they had a problem?  Seriously.  It seems that for the last few seasons, it’s been about her most of the time.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, malibu said:

I wondered the same thing.  And, the way she sipped it.....naaah.  Do you think she would be that brazen to drink alcohol on camera?  Plus, the other ladies didn't give it a second look. Certainly, if it was alcohol, they would have looked shocked or called her on it. Or in the least bit made a huge deal about it the next day, right? Is she wearing one of those ankle bracelets that detects if you drink alcohol and alerts the probation officer of alcohol consumption?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

I don’t understand all this court plea deal stuff.  Why is she getting better treatment, because she has a show to perform?  Because she is a Reality Star?  So she dished out some soup.  That’s a punishment for threatening and assaulting a cop?  Plus, she is still drinking obviously.  It’s not right.

• Love 13
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don’t understand all this court plea deal stuff.  Why is she getting better treatment, because she has a show to perform?  Because she is a Reality Star?  So she dished out some soup.  That’s a punishment for threatening and assaulting a cop?  Plus, she is still drinking obviously.  It’s not right.

Because she had money and resources and when addiction issues are involved judges do try and make other choices if possible.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

She's a rich white* woman. That's, like, an automatic pass for almost anything. 

*white passing? According to wiki, her dad was part Algonquin, I don't know if she claims it or not.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

When she counted the minutes til her friends were to leave her new house, it crossed my mind that she loves the isolation of her new place and quiet town because she can drink in peace there. Hope she beats this thing - not great ideas to isolate or to sing in bars. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, malibu said:

I drink fancy drinks, in fancy glasses.....all virgin.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12