Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E11: New York City of Dreams

• Start Topic

The designers head to Christian Siriano's store and atelier, where they meet the women who keep New York City moving; the designers are asked to create dream dresses for civic workers from the post office, sanitation department, FDNY, NYPD, and more.

Original airdate: May 23, 2019

40 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oh, Tessa.  Not listening to her client. Grrrrr.

I’m worried they are teasing us.  My hopes are high that Ms “I haven’t been designing in black” may leave us.

C’mon Sebastian.  You gotta pull something out here. 

• Love 6
(edited)

But let's talk about the inequity of the assignments of the "clients." You get a skinny pageant queen! You get a fat woman! I'm not even trying to couch it in politically correct terms because come on.

Plus they said to make a dream dress, but there was no direction as to where their "girls" were going. So we got prom (?), engagement party, did any other client say where in her fantasy she was going?

NO COINCIDENCE that all of the top looks were on the thin clients.

Wait, Garo's client was not thin. Thanks for the correction @nb360!

Edited by Ashforth
Dread isn't the same as dream, usually
  • Love 16

Thank goodness! When they showed so many Sebastian talking heads and backstory I said he’s either going to win, or his going home.

• Love 12
Just now, nb360 said:

You could see Tessa cringe when the designers learned it was a “real woman” challenge. How much in self denial is Tessa in if she can’t even admit that she’s used the color black in nearly every other challenge?  Like, really?

Even Brandon seemed to not disguise his frustration with her.

And yet they still won't get rid of her. That doesn't mean Jamal wins. There are better designers, but it does eliminate and out and out liar.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, nb360 said:

I think Garo’s client is what we have been calling “curvy.” The thing is that she LOOKED confident and her size didn’t register as much as with the women who did not look confident.

You're right, I stand corrected!

• Love 5

I was kind of hoping to flashback to Christian's prom challenge when he was a designer... He should have been sent home even though he was/is so talented. Didn't love Sebastian's color, but the dress was lovely. The preview scared me though.

• Love 10

Finally Sebastian wins! Cute dress. Also loved Garo’s dress and how his model loved it too. 

I liked Jamall but it was time for him to go. His poor model looked so uncomfortable. If his design had not been so awful I think Tessa would have been out. Has she ever finish a hem? And once again Hester squeaks by, at least she listened to her client which Tessa did not. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I think the apocalypse is nigh because I really liked the crochet tunic Hester wore. 

LOL.  I liked the tunic but would have preferred it with less colors.

I haven't been a huge Garo fan and this dress AGAIN had the weird shoulders but agree that the way he treated his client and embraced this challenge earned him huge points from me.  The removable cape was cool too.

I don't like either Tessa or Hester but at least Hester acknowledged that she screwed up and was out of her comfort zone here.

• Love 22

Sebastian has been my favorite all season, but  I didn't really care for any of the designs tonight. I suppose that his was the best, but....it just didn't seem like his best work.

The purple wasn't horrible, but the rest of them were terrible imo. I don't get why it was do difficult. Lol

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I think the apocalypse is nigh because I really liked the crochet tunic Hester wore. 

My mother and grandmother used to make my sisters and me crocheted vests like that back in the early 70's.  I forget what the pattern is called, but it's a series of crocheted squares that are sewn together.  

• Love 5
Just now, njbchlover said:

My mother and grandmother used to make my sisters and me crocheted vests like that back in the early 70's.  I forget what the pattern is called, but it's a series of crocheted squares that are sewn together.  

They're granny squares.  I love 70s crochet.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

I might be wrong, but I think they are called granny squares

• Love 3

I like how the producers tried to make it up to Jamal’s model — they showed her in the make up commercials that air between the show, as if they were trying to feature her. That was also the clue that Jamal had lost.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

I was kind of hoping to flashback to Christian's prom challenge when he was a designer... He should have been sent home even though he was/is so talented. Didn't love Sebastian's color, but the dress was lovely. The preview scared me though.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

They're granny squares.  I love 70s crochet.

5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I might be wrong, but I think they are called granny squares

Thank you, both!!  I thought it had something to do with grandmothers or grandmas...we had all kinds of things from that pattern - vests, hats, purses, toaster cover, afghans (even the dreaded toilet paper covers, LOL!!)  They went crazy with it!!  🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 4