Type keyword(s) to search

ChelSea Meissner: Sea Cool is her jam!

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, scrb said:

Can she make a lot of money from Instagram?

usually the social influencers are a lot younger right?

Would you buy anything she endorses?

Don’t know if she makes much money, but I like her style. Enjoyed seeing her house (love the turquoise backsplash) - and really like her action shots. I could see water sport enthusiasts following her.

1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

Love, love 😊Tyson. 

Me too (something happened and that post disappeared).

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, scrb said:

Can she make a lot of money from Instagram?

usually the social influencers are a lot younger right?

Would you buy anything she endorses?

After looking at all of her kitchen pics, I might order some of that gorgeous backspash tile.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, scrb said:

How much does Chelsea get for haircuts these days?

Does she put in much time doing hair now?

She's still here:

http://willow-salon.net/artists/page/2/

This is her hair styling IG:

https://www.instagram.com/hairbychelseameissner/?hl=en

She does a lot of haircuts/hair styling/hair coloring when not filming. Filming is only 3-4 months, so there's a lot of time in the year to do that work. A friend of mine called to book her months ago, and she said she got like a 3-week wait time or something. So business must be good. 

I think of all the cast, Chelsea might be the most grounded one in terms of being practical with money. Her first season as a cast member? She ended up being able to buy a house soon afterwards. She doesn't seem to be a huge spender or splurge a lot on insignificant things. It's like she's aware the Bravo celebrity life won't last long, so might as well get what you can while you still can from it. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 11:47 PM, ProudMary said:

I just looked at the rest of the stylists and spotted Powell Clements. Isn't that Landon's sister? All in the Southern Charm family, I guess. 🙄

Good catch, Proudmary. 

Yeeech.....Landon. 

Just the mention of her and I hear her fingernails on a blackboard voice.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Chelsea and her relationship with Nick Dana.  I love Newport as well even though he does live in Charleston (he went to The College of Charleston) but he comes from Newport:

https://schorseindustry.com/activities/fox-hunting/

He's now bowman on The America's Cup challenger American Magic.  Not the American Cup as Karen kept calling it.

https://www.sail-world.com/news/217169/Am-Cup-Barker-says-AC75-different-dynamic

These two seem like a good match, with their love of sports and the water.

• Love 4

She mainly requires that her man be manly, can hunt, fish and will fight guys for her honor right?

BTW, read an article that a Penn State study found some men refuse to recycle because they think of saving the earth as a girly thing.

49 minutes ago, scrb said:

She mainly requires that her man be manly, can hunt, fish and will fight guys for her honor right?

BTW, read an article that a Penn State study found some men refuse to recycle because they think of saving the earth as a girly thing.

Some of these men drive trucks that purposely spew filthy fumes - I’ve seen them drive past kids holding signs asking for clean air, making the kids cough and choke. Sick fuckers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Some of these men drive trucks that purposely spew filthy fumes - I’ve seen them drive past kids holding signs asking for clean air, making the kids cough and choke. Sick fuckers.

South Carolina does not require annual vehicle inspections, including no emissions inspections, so gearheads can do whatever they want to their cars and trucks without fear of being ticketed and/or fined. 😕

11 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

South Carolina does not require annual vehicle inspections, including no emissions inspections, so gearheads can do whatever they want to their cars and trucks without fear of being ticketed and/or fined. 😕

Since Chelsea doesn’t drive such a vehicle and Nick lives in Rhode Island where inspections are required and may or may not have a 61 Chevy in pristine condition I don’t know what that has to do with either of them. 

Chelsea appears to like a dude who hunts, fishes and into the outdoors because she is into those things. And while I am sure she would like her partner to stand up for her she has demonstrated she has no problem fighting her own battles and standing up for herself and others.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Since Chelsea doesn’t drive such a vehicle and Nick lives in Rhode Island where inspections are required and may or may not have a 61 Chevy in pristine condition I don’t know what that has to do with either of them. 

I didn't say it did. I was directly responding to @nexxie's comment, which I quoted, directly above mine.

• Love 3

Yeah I don't know if Chelsea's bf recycles or not.

He may.

But rolling coal is a practice which seems to be a response to environmental practices.

Also similar is people who demand old incandescent light bulbs instead of more energy-efficient CFL or LED lighting.

The study I cited seems to associate a certain kind of machismo with deliberately not recycling.  Some comedians talk about the "pussification" of our culture.

The kind of mindset embodied in such expressions seem to be along the vein of what Chelsea has expressed.

Maybe with the success and fame from the show, she'll have a chance to travel away from the South, away from that kind of charm. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scrb said:

Maybe with the success and fame from the show, she'll have a chance to travel away from the South, away from that kind of charm. 

Based on her Insta she travels a great deal.

• Love 2

This has become a weird conversation.  Chelsea's boyfriend is a professional sailor.  He 'sails'.  Traveling around the world on a boat that uses nothing but the power of the wind.  I know a lot of sailors, recreational and racers, and overall they are very conscientious when it comes to the environment.

BTW, like I said upthread, he lives in Charleston but grew up in Newport.

Anyway, I like Chelsea.  She's a tough cookie.  She was a second runner up on Survivor.  I'll never understand why she got involved with Austen.

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

BTW, like I said upthread, he lives in Charleston but grew up in Newport.

When he isn’t in sailing comps he splits his time summer in Newport and winters in Pensacola because that’s where American Magic is based and trains. He did go to the school in Charleston and spends time there because of Chelsea.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, scrb said:

Yeah I don't know if Chelsea's bf recycles or not.

He may.

But rolling coal is a practice which seems to be a response to environmental practices.

Also similar is people who demand old incandescent light bulbs instead of more energy-efficient CFL or LED lighting.

The study I cited seems to associate a certain kind of machismo with deliberately not recycling.  Some comedians talk about the "pussification" of our culture.

The kind of mindset embodied in such expressions seem to be along the vein of what Chelsea has expressed.

Nick literally circumnavigated the globe promoting ocean sustainability a year ago. Lots of assumptions being made in your post. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

When he isn’t in sailing comps he splits his time summer in Newport and winters in Pensacola because that’s where American Magic is based and trains. He did go to the school in Charleston and spends time there because of Chelsea.

I think they’re a good match. He’s adorable and so is she, and there’s something to be said for not over sharing your relationship on the inter webs. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Anyway, I like Chelsea.  She's a tough cookie.  She was a second runner up on Survivor.  I'll never understand why she got involved with Austen.

I'll admit, at first I thought he's one of the better guys. Back when he was first cast as a foil to Shep. But I soured on him long before he was shown to be a douche in Season 2 - when during the finale season episode at JD's restaurant where he brought her as his date AND then proceeded to practically getting to second base with some other girl right in front of Chelsea. I then thought, welp, he's just another wannabe Shep. 

5 hours ago, Daisy1229 said:

Nick literally circumnavigated the globe promoting ocean sustainability a year ago. Lots of assumptions being made in your post. 

Yup! Check out his instagram. Lots of great posts there about ocean sustainability.

Although I find it quite amusing that he was engaged a few years ago and obviously that didn't work out. Another thing he has in common with Chelsea. 

• Love 2

I like Chelsea, but I'm not convinced about her hair cutting skills - an opinion that is based purely on Shep's hair, which always looks terrible to me, even as he's getting up from her chair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I like Chelsea, but I'm not convinced about her hair cutting skills - an opinion that is based purely on Shep's hair, which always looks terrible to me, even as he's getting up from her chair.

I don’t think Chels is actually cutting Shep’s hair. Sometimes she cuts a 16th of an inch off while they’re gossiping about some of the other cast members. It gives them an excuse to be together. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t think Chels is actually cutting Shep’s hair. Sometimes she cuts a 16th of an inch off while they’re gossiping about some of the other cast members. It gives them an excuse to be together. 

Well someone needs to. It looks ridiculous.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

It's not just you. I was watching one of those building off the grid shows and they had two guys from Hawaii who were building a house therer. Evidently, its a huge spot for surfers which explains Chelsea vacationing there. 

On 10/13/2019 at 7:18 PM, Gam2 said:

With all of the broohaha going to with SC lately, I was interested in seeing a bit more about Chelsea and her history before she joined the show.  I'm sure it was discussed, but I didn't remember that she was a Survivor contestant (I'm not a viewer of that show).  It was interesting that her bio for Survivor, which was in 2012 I believe, her occcupation was listed as Medical Sales.  Depending on what that actually means, it is generally thought of as providing a decent income.  However further investigating shows this Master Stylist occupation, and quotes from her that her mother was a stylist (this must have been before or after her mother ran equestrian stables).  Aaanywaaay, I have seen her monitize her Instagram like most of the BravHos have, but she gon' have to go some to replace the income from the show.  She obviously had a plan before she quit.  It will be interesting to see what the future holds for her.  More reality TV?  Travelling back and forth to Central America to surf takes $$, as does maintaining a home on an island in South Carolina.  I don't imagine she was pulling in near what some of the other cast members were.  She seems like a smart lady, we'll see.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I'm happy for Chelsea! She was way too down to earth and grounded for this show.  I wonder if she and Cameran are still friends?  They always seemed to have a true friendship, not just for show.  

I follow Cam on Instagram and they are definitely still friends!  She commented on Chelsea's post that Palmer (her daughter) can't wait to meet the new baby 🙂

• Like 2