Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week of 5/20/2019

Recommended Posts

Just now, 17wheatthins said:

I’m fairly confident in believing that Joy’s thoughts about MM’s “advice” to Dems are as follows:3BF76018-F499-4A5D-BA83-5608990204D2.gif.51d815f8545f686f471e33987a130b27.gif

I continue to be upset/disappointed that I can no longer get this gif with SOUND. Or when the real Joy shows up and says the same thing.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ching5411 said:

Since the hate for Meghan is so high (deservedly so) it’s difficult for many people to see when someone from their side does the same thing. Now that I’ve made you aware, just look for it.

No, it's not there.  

I've been looking.  

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

If they have to do reruns, I wish they wouldn't do ones that just aired. BAH GACK

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Lilaclily said:

I hate the spewing of statistics, live or in reruns!

Someone needs to ask the princess of Arizona where she gets her statistics because they could be manipulated for a desired result.  The also need to tell her that since she has never run a Democratic campaign that resulted in a victory, she cannot give Democrats advice on how to win elections both locally and nationally. They let her get away with too much crap. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, ari333 said:

If they have to do reruns, I wish they wouldn't do ones that just aired. BAH GACK

And one that was basically an hour long commercial. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Someone needs to ask the princess of Arizona where she gets her statistics because they could be manipulated for a desired result.  The also need to tell her that since she has never run a Democratic campaign that resulted in a victory, she cannot give Democrats advice on how to win elections both locally and nationally. They let her get away with too much crap. 

She hasn't even run a national Repub campaign that has won.  I will be fair and say she knows more about politics than a lot of people but that isn't saying a lot.  I still want an actual doctor to school her on late term abortion.  She seriously sounds like a dumbshit when she spouts that nonsense  and letting factually incorrect things stand is highly irresponsible.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ching5411 said:

Since the hate for Meghan is so high (deservedly so) it’s difficult for many people to see when someone from their side does the same thing. Now that I’ve made you aware, just look for it.

Specific to the comment you responded to, I would agree with the poster - it doesn't appear that the others at the table ever ask Meghan for advice on what the Democrats need to do to win in 2020. If they do, I'd be surprised if it happened that often because it shouldn't seem so difficult to think of just one example of this. On the flip side, I can think of many times where Meghan has inserted her opinions and followed it up with 'I'm telling you, you're going to lose if you don't listen to me' or 'I can't wait to play back the clips when Trump wins in 2020'. 

What they do defer to Meghan at the table for is to explain Trump's base. Many times Joy and Sunny will be talking about Trump and then ask Meghan 'why doesn't his base care?', 'what will it take to move the needle with his base?". Those are just my observations and I say this as someone who can't stand Meghan - I dislike her for her attitude but I still listen to her opinion and ideas. I often am on the other side of the argument but I still listen.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Specific to the comment you responded to, I would agree with the poster - it doesn't appear that the others at the table ever ask Meghan for advice on what the Democrats need to do to win in 2020. If they do, I'd be surprised if it happened that often because it shouldn't seem so difficult to think of just one example of this. On the flip side, I can think of many times where Meghan has inserted her opinions and followed it up with 'I'm telling you, you're going to lose if you don't listen to me' or 'I can't wait to play back the clips when Trump wins in 2020'. 

What they do defer to Meghan at the table for is to explain Trump's base. Many times Joy and Sunny will be talking about Trump and then ask Meghan 'why doesn't his base care?', 'what will it take to move the needle with his base?". Those are just my observations and I say this as someone who can't stand Meghan - I dislike her for her attitude but I still listen to her opinion and ideas. I often am on the other side of the argument but I still listen.

Megan has superficial knowledge about Trump's base, plus, they hate her and her dad.. Nothing she says about them is ever profound or insightful.  She pretends to be an expert on them. Sunny and Joy do not need Megan McCain to tell them.  I could enumerate the many reasons why they are so loyal but it would be off-topic. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I respectfully disagree.  She doesn't. She just acts like she does, when she's spitting out word salad, trying to sound like she knows everything. 

I am sure you are right.  I was being too generous.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I have quit watching the show but I still loyally read here. I was surprised to read no new episode today or Monday. So they need the Friday before a 3 day weekend off?  I wonder if  when they return on Tuesday if Whoopi will complain about it they way she did when they returned after new years even though they went off December 17th.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
59 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I will be fair and say she knows more about politics than a lot of people

I respectfully disagree.  She doesn't. She just acts like she does, when she's spitting out word salad, trying to sound like she knows everything. 

Meghan only cares about politics because it is what keeps her famous (infamous).  Does she really care about how political policies affect people? No because they don't affect her.  Take away her blue cards and she would be at a loss for words on the topic of politics.  We have seen her on other shows and she either has rehearsed statements or she gets flustered.  She might call herself a political pundit but she is no more that than someone who plays pick up basketball with friends is an NBA player.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Someone needs to ask the princess of Arizona where she gets her statistics because they could be manipulated for a desired result.  The also need to tell her that since she has never run a Democratic campaign that resulted in a victory, she cannot give Democrats advice on how to win elections both locally and nationally. They let her get away with too much crap. 

Hmmm.. Maybe she has learned  a lot, through observation,  about  how to run a LOSING campaign, and she wants to give the Democrats advice that will backfire .   😁

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I respectfully disagree.  She doesn't. She just acts like she does, when she's spitting out word salad, trying to sound like she knows everything. 

I agree with this. Once again because of her father she knows many people in politics. Her political claim to fame was working on her dad's campaign.  I'll eat my shoes before I believe she was making strategic moves and decisions on Mc Caine's presidential loss, I mean campaign.

The idea that she says on this show that she's been in politics her whole life is hilarious and everyone who has heard her says this, even those who agree with her politically I'm sure have had to hide a smirk. It's just stupid. 

She loves to say if the Dems dont listen to her they will lose. And she'll play back the tape telling them this. Well she warned the Democrats over and over during the midterms.  Good thing Joy isn't nearly as petty as Meghan.  

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Her political claim to fame was working on her dad's campaign.  I'll eat my shoes before I believe she was making strategic moves and decisions on Mc Caine's presidential loss, I mean campaign.

This is what Meghan was doing during that campaign.

From an interview with Meghan about her book in 2010.

 By the time Ms. McCain turned 24 in October 2008, she was blogging from semi-exile. (Her father’s campaign manager, Steve Schmidt, “banished” her and her entourage from the main campaign five weeks before its close for being “too controversial.”) 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 17
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

This is what Meghan was doing during that campaign.

From an interview with Meghan about her book in 2010.

 By the time Ms. McCain turned 24 in October 2008, she was blogging from semi-exile. (Her father’s campaign manager, Steve Schmidt, “banished” her and her entourage from the main campaign five weeks before its close for being “too controversial.”) 

He was right to banish her. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Why tf is Whoopi so rude to Sunny? I can smell the hostility and jealousy through my screen. Maybe bc she has things that Whoopi doesn't. Successful marriage, book smarts and incredible knowledge, awesome bod at 50, etc. etc. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, bella1716 said:

Why tf is Whoopi so rude to Sunny? I can smell the hostility and jealousy through my screen. Maybe bc she has things that Whoopi doesn't. Successful marriage, book smarts and incredible knowledge, awesome bod at 50, etc. etc. 

Yep, that's my theory.  Whoopi is envious of Sunny.  Sunny can't say anything without Whoopi correcting her or taking the opposite opinion.  Sunny is smart enough not to show any annoyance at this.  I guess she figures she'll be on the show long after Whoopi retires, so she's putting up with it.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

She loves to say if the Dems dont listen to her they will lose.

Wasn't she the KEY to Obama's win?  And Sinema's (AZ Senator (D)?

On 5/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

Good thing Joy isn't nearly as petty as Meghan.  

Is ANYONE???

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, bella1716 said:

Why tf is Whoopi so rude to Sunny? I can smell the hostility and jealousy through my screen. Maybe bc she has things that Whoopi doesn't. Successful marriage, book smarts and incredible knowledge, awesome bod at 50, etc. etc.

I think maybe it's simply Sunny's level of formal education.  Whoopi is smart but sometimes has one of those chips-on-shoulder regarding dropping out of high school.   That, and Sunny is another Black woman who started in near poverty.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/24/2019 at 6:07 AM, ching5411 said:

Since the hate for Meghan is so high (deservedly so) it’s difficult for many people to see when someone from their side does the same thing.

I think we need a poll on this opinion...cuz I truly don't see it.  It's almost a game for me to call out hypocrisy wherever I see it.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I think maybe it's simply Sunny's level of formal education.  Whoopi is smart but sometimes has one of those chips-on-shoulder regarding dropping out of high school.   That, and Sunny is another Black woman who started in near poverty.

See, and if this is the case, I definitely don’t understand why she would be. Whoopi may not be college educated but she’s been damn successful in a profession that basically laughed in her face when she first started out, and is an undeniable icon. Sunny is successful in a different way. You don’t have to fill someone else’s shine for yours to shine brighter.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

 Sunny is successful in a different way. You don’t have to fill someone else’s shine for yours to shine brighter.

WE know that and are fine with it.  Whoopi knows it and can't help but be angry about it.  I know it makes no sense; she probably does too.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, njbchlover said:

God, please NO!!!!  I am one of those people who enjoy the mindless, ridiculous, silly entertainment of the Real Housewives, and would hate to have to stop watching!!  

I agree, but then wouldn’t it be beautiful when Bethenny made an idiot out of her?  She’d be a sobbing mess by the end of the first episode.  Bethenny is self-made and wouldn’t put up with Meghan’s delusions of grandeur. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

A reminder: keep discussion about the show and do not bring your personal politics into the discussion. Primetimer is not the place for general defense or indictments of political parties.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2019 at 2:31 AM, HaaCHOO said:

WE know that and are fine with it.  Whoopi knows it and can't help but be angry about it.  I know it makes no sense; she probably does too.

This has probably been brought up already but i didnt see it.  Whenever they have an SNL skit they never have Sunny, they put in Ana.  Its been several times.  Im just curious why.  She's had her issues with MM too they dont need to keep it on Joy.  Though it is fun for Joy to have the smackdown on her.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, Tammee said:

This has probably been brought up already but i didnt see it.  Whenever they have an SNL skit they never have Sunny, they put in Ana.  Its been several times.  Im just curious why.  She's had her issues with MM too they dont need to keep it on Joy.  Though it is fun for Joy to have the smackdown on her.

I don't think I missed any  episodes of SNL.   I thought it was only TWO times recently, or since Meghan has joined The VIew, that SNL has done a sketch about The View.   Two times in one season, with the same cast, and they didn't have anyone in the cast to play Sunny.  Having a white actress play Sunny would be offensive, and they can make their point and be funny without replicating the cast of The View exactly.  Both times, the SNL sketch has followed a week where Meghan has been in the news for something stupid,  so that had been the point of the sketch.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I haven’t watched any of the SNL making fun of The View, but who played Ana? Was it a white actress? Wouldn’t that be just as offensive as a white woman playing Sunny?

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

I haven’t watched any of the SNL making fun of The View, but who played Ana? Was it a white actress? Wouldn’t that be just as offensive as a white woman playing Sunny?

Melissa Villasenor played Ana Navarro. So, no, not offensive since she is Latina.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:
36 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

I haven’t watched any of the SNL making fun of The View, but who played Ana? Was it a white actress? Wouldn’t that be just as offensive as a white woman playing Sunny?

Melissa Villasenor played Ana Navarro. So, no, not offensive since she is Latina.

And...since Sunny is also a Latina (and I've written this before)...and since Villasenor is an excellent impersonator, she could have done Sunny just as well.  It was odd that Ana was featured and Sunny wasn't--twice.  Still, it was enjoyable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/23/2019 at 11:56 AM, Medicine Crow said:

Ditto ... my local TV channel ... odd!!!

Is Comcast your cable provider, by chance? I am pretty sure my TiVo downloads the schedule from Comcast (which would include episode descriptions).  

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, General Days said:

Is Comcast your cable provider, by chance? I am pretty sure my TiVo downloads the schedule from Comcast (which would include episode descriptions).  

No, I have Shaw Cable here in Calgary.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/27/2019 at 10:42 AM, tinkerbell said:

I don't think I missed any  episodes of SNL.   I thought it was only TWO times recently, or since Meghan has joined The VIew, that SNL has done a sketch about The View.   Two times in one season, with the same cast, and they didn't have anyone in the cast to play Sunny.  Having a white actress play Sunny would be offensive, and they can make their point and be funny without replicating the cast of The View exactly.  Both times, the SNL sketch has followed a week where Meghan has been in the news for something stupid,  so that had been the point of the sketch.  

Agreed.  I just didnt want her to feel left out.  Theres no Latina in all the cast and featured cast? Agreed definitely no on the white actress.  Good place to have a star cameo.  In any case she is probably saying phew dodged that bullet dos times!  I know i would be.  Although i know its an honor to be parodied, tm MM hee

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Agreed.  I just didnt want her to feel left out.  Theres no Latina in all the cast and featured cast?

considering Melissa Villasenor is  the first Latina EVER in the SNL cast, no there was nobody else.  

I don't understand the insistence that a brief sketch on SNL has to feature everyone on The View - they have a limited cast, and each cast member has certain impressions that they feel they can do. Just because someone is the correct ethnicity, doesn't mean they can nail the impression.   It's actually a pretty big deal that they  had enough female cast members to portray The View, considering what former cast members have said about sexism on the show, and under-using female cast members.  They used to have male cast members portray WHoopi and Joy.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, ching5411 said:

I haven’t watched any of the SNL making fun of The View, but who played Ana? Was it a white actress? Wouldn’t that be just as offensive as a white woman playing Sunny?

Good  point.   Yes i would think it would be just as offensive..i didnt think she was white, i thought she was hispanic.  I could be wrong though. I dont know who the actress was who played Ana, but i think she was also in the intro with Emma.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Tammee said:

Good  point.   Yes i would think it would be just as offensive..i didnt think she was white, i thought she was hispanic.  I could be wrong though. I dont know who the actress was who played Ana, but i think she was also in the intro with Emma.

Do you have me blocked?  not to be rude, but  I feel like I keep posting the same answers to the same questions. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/28/2019 at 8:58 AM, tinkerbell said:

Melissa Villasenor played Ana Navarro. So, no, not offensive since she is Latina.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size