Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/20/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

If Whoopi paid off one student’s loan a year would be nice. She said parents are responsible for student loans in case of death  can someone verify this?

There are some cases where parents cosigned loans, students unfortunately pass away and parents are left with the tab.  Rare, but if parents cosign it's a possibility.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, UYI said:

Did Meghan just show up in her bathrobe and curlers today and insist that she wear them on the show?

What a ghastly outfit, even by her standards. 

3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Good God from Zion.....I agree, what in the fresh hell was on her head today...not to mention the stupid trash that is IN HER HEAD.....Puke. 

jack nicholson singing GIF

rps20190520_201148.jpg

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, falltime said:

@1:11 can anyone make out what Joy asks the doctors, MM was louder.

🙉 I will never get used to MM's loud speaking.

Meghan has to look at her cards to  READ that  WHoopi was in the hospital for 3 weeks,  off the show for a month, and she wants to know how she's feeling.  That's not something she can just SAY?  she has to READ those words????

ETA:   she also said Whoopi had an "incredibly long recovery process".  At Whoopi's age (over 60), no, being away from work for a month is not incredibly long.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan has to look at her cards to  READ that  WHoopi was in the hospital for 3 weeks,  off the show for a month, and she wants to know how she's feeling.  That's not something she can just SAY?  she has to READ those words????

ETA:   she also said Whoopi had an "incredibly long recovery process".  At Whoopi's age (over 60), no, being away from work for a month is not incredibly long.  

I thought the same thing.  She can’t even talk about something she knows without reading it from those cards.  She can’t do anything extemporaneously apparently, except when she’s screeching about her feelings.  

• Love 13

That blue thing on Meghan's head...there are no words.  Why did they put that on her head and why did she let them? The only reason I can think of is that she was up late watching John Oliver.  Between John and the SNL sketch, Meghan was so upset that she came to work without showering and washing her hair.  The blue thing on her head was an attempt by the hair people to hide Meghan's greasy hair.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, junebug said:

My thoughts exactly when Sunny said she wanted to go to some schools she couldn't afford.  I was thinking, what is wrong with State Universities.

Often women...and especially minority women 30yrs ago needed as much leverage as they could get to really succeed.  Her undergrad school doesn't sound impressive to the average recruiter, but her Notre Dame Law School certainly does.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

If Whoopi paid off one student’s loan a year would be nice. She said parents are responsible for student loans in case of death  can someone verify this?  I find that hard to believe. Here in CA you don’t even have to pay a spouses credit card in their name only after death  . I did it because it was the right thing to do. 

US Federal loans die with the student.  But private loans co-signed by the parent (or spouse or whoever) become their debt.  Mortgages and car loans also have to be repaid, but the property or car can be sold. That is why private student loans are so expensive - if the student does not have something to sell to repay the loan, they need a cosigner because their brain is worthless when they die and the bank/investors want their money back.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, sevenrings said:

It was so odd having Whoopi’s health episode today..... like so many weeks after it happened? Would’ve been more fitting to do it when she first returned. 

I don't  have a problem with the timing.  Not to be crass, but they needed to see if she was going to make it or not.  Plus make sure she didnt relapse and get some strength back.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

As someone pointed out upthread, I'm stunned that the pneumonia vaccine, which is recommended for those 65 and over, was not mentioned, not even by the doctors.  

EXACTLY!!  My Doc made me get it at 60 & there was no mention of the Flu Shot today.  Very SHODDY reporting, but then it was the "Whoopi Show" & any superfluous information would cut into her meekly smiling/mugging for the camera & audience!!!  (I can't stand her!!!)

• Love 16
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

As someone pointed out upthread, I'm stunned that the pneumonia vaccine, which is recommended for those 65 and over, was not mentioned, not even by the doctors.  

I agree. I had a compromised immunity system (still do), so they gave me the pneumonia vaccine (which I had never even heard of), and which is good for 10 years. And I was not close to 65.  That reminds me, I need to get another one.

The whole bit with Whoopi and the doctors and the idiot questions from NutMeg, etc, was entirely useless.  Most of it had been covered when Whoopi returned.  And basically it was just, if you have a bad cough that lingers, go to the doctor.  And don't push through a cold, which is good advice that most don't take, because they cannot afford to be off work for very long.  Employers should encourage sick employees to stay home so they won't infect the entire staff.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Very SHODDY reporting, but then it was the "Whoopi Show" & any superfluous information would cut into her meekly smiling/mugging for the camera & audience!!!  (I can't stand her!!!)

Yeah, that coy "are you talking about me?" look when anyone praises her is sickening.  We all know she loves to be the center of attention.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

That blue thing on Meghan's head...there are no words.  Why did they put that on her head and why did she let them? The only reason I can think of is that she was up late watching John Oliver.  Between John and the SNL sketch, Meghan was so upset that she came to work without showering and washing her hair.  The blue thing on her head was an attempt by the hair people to hide Meghan's greasy hair.  

The thing on her head didn't even match the bathrobe she was wearing.  If there was ever any doubt wardrobe and hair hate Meghan that was put to rest yesterday.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Giver her red hair and she’s Lucy Riccardo. 

Don't you DARE insult the Queen of Comedy!

Say Whaaa.gif

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, that coy "are you talking about me?" look when anyone praises her is sickening.

I hate that too.

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, ChiCricket said:
jack nicholson singing GIF

rps20190520_201148.jpg

The headband is BAD. The dress is horrible.  But together, they form an even worse combination than you would think.  It really looks like a bathrobe and tie to keep your hair out of your face. Like.... is she doing a sheet mask on commercial breaks?

I don’t think Meghan did anything wrong with respect to the Game of Thrones spoiler. They shouldn’t have had it as a hot topic if they weren’t going to discuss what happened on the show. If they are talking about The Bachelor or Bachelorette, they certainly talk about every detail of the show the next day. People just hate Meghan (and with good reason) and that is why they are ragging on her. To me she did nothing wrong.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

I don’t think Meghan did anything wrong with respect to the Game of Thrones spoiler. They shouldn’t have had it as a hot topic if they weren’t going to discuss what happened on the show.

Although I disagree (and I've never watched even one GoT), couldn't the post here that showed "Spoiler Alert" at the top of her blue card change your mind just a little?  

2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Laine Hardy will be performing on today's show.

That fix was in from the day Laine showed up to "not" audition for American Idol.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think that is what Joy was starting to say when Meghan cut her off.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Haleth said:
10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Very SHODDY reporting, but then it was the "Whoopi Show" & any superfluous information would cut into her meekly smiling/mugging for the camera & audience!!!  (I can't stand her!!!)

Yeah, that coy "are you talking about me?" look when anyone praises her is sickening.  We all know she loves to be the center of attention.

When they finally put "Humble Brag" in the dictionaries, we know the perfect picture.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

That thing on her head that didn't match anything was probably added at the last minute to cover her bad root grow-out.  Her expensive & time-consuming multi-process dye-job needs to be redone or replaced to avoid that dark-blonde to ice-blonde to brassy-blonde with extensions look.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Little Miss "I'M SPEAKING!" sure had no trouble steamrolling all over Sunny, who was trying to make some intelligent points when it was HER turn to talk.    Meghan is apparently not used to the conventional rules of etiquette and decency applying to her own ass. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Our Queen Joy strikes again! She put Meghan on the spot, saying, "you seem worried about the Democrats. Do you want a Democrat as President?" Something along those lines. We all know Meghan loves giving the Dems advice they never asked for on a daily basis. 🤣🤣

Well she has said she isn't a fan of Trump so if not the Democrats who does she think should win in 2020?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ching5411 said:

I don’t think Meghan did anything wrong with respect to the Game of Thrones spoiler. They shouldn’t have had it as a hot topic if they weren’t going to discuss what happened on the show. If they are talking about The Bachelor or Bachelorette, they certainly talk about every detail of the show the next day. People just hate Meghan (and with good reason) and that is why they are ragging on her. To me she did nothing wrong.

Ditto. I get why fans were upset, but I think it was a mistake that would be very easy to make if you’re supposed to discuss the show as a hot topic. To me don’t have it as a hot topic if you can’t discuss what happened! Also not saying this as a MM fan. 

• Love 2

But the show wasn’t the topic. Fans’ reaction to the show was the topic. 

Speaking of reactions, Meh must be really upset about the negative publicity about her spilling the beans. She’s snarling at everyone. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Well she has said she isn't a fan of Trump so if not the Democrats who does she think should win in 2020?

She stumbled on her answer until Sunny mentioned that she liked Joe Biden, to which she snidely replied,"everybody knows I like Joe Biden. Look at my Instagram." 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I know Meghan is always bitchy but  today seems a little extra bitter.

Probably because she is getting raked over the coals online for her GOT spoiler.

I'm sure Meghan thinks everyone hates her because blah blah blah. But any negative attention Meghan receives is because of  her own actions.

• Love 20

Meghan just loves to give out advice to the democrats running for president. Yesterday she was yapping on and on what Pete Buttigieg needs to do and today she yaps about how the democrats need to focus.

They are not sitting at the edge of their seats waiting to hear from her. Gosh she thinks entirely too much of her big self!!

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

But the show wasn’t the topic. Fans’ reaction to the show was the topic. 

Speaking of reactions, Meh must be really upset about the negative publicity about her spilling the beans. She’s snarling at everyone. 

I still think it was an easy mistake to make. 

Something’s not right though. I was just defending Meghan about her comments regarding her size and weight too. Defending MM is usually a rare occurrence for me. What is happening?! 😱

• LOL 3

The fact is no matter who win in 2020, it doesn't affect Meghan.  She  won't dare vote for a filthy Democrat.  Will write in a name or vote for Trump. It doesn't matter. Nothing these people do changes her very charmed life.

• Love 18
(edited)

Don't you all love how Meghan left whoopi out to dry with the HW topic lol.  Nobody but Meghan watches but she pouting so they look awkward trying to discuss the housewives. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7

I could never date an ex of one of my friends. I've heard of it happening before, but I don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Don't you all love how Meghan left whoopi out to dry with the HW topic lol.  Nobody but Meghan watches but she pouting so they look awkward trying to discuss the housewives. 

I was just about to point this out. Whoopi kept looking at Meghan, as if she wanted her to chime in. It's like they know Meghan's going to throw a hissy fit during the political discussions, so they have to talk about something like the Housewives to appease Meghan when they come back from the commercial break. Meghan didn't seem interested in talking about it this time, though. She still looked pissed off. 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Joy's point about Rep Amash entering the race as a libertarian much like Nader ran in 2000 and being able to affect the outcome was completely lost on Meghan. She said in 2000 a republican won. Yes, because Nader siphoned votes from Gore. Amash would be siphoning votes from Trump, not the democratic nominee. Is she really that dense?

Yes. Yes she is.

Plus, she really doesn't listen to anyone.

• Love 16