Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: One Wedding And A Polygraph

• Start Topic

On 5/29/2019 at 8:49 PM, candle96 said:

ITA. The color, the style, what was she thinking? More appropriate for a winter wedding in Connecticut. And then they added the traditional flower crowns, and they looked even more out of place. Bridesmaidmaids for a wedding in Hawaii should be wearing, IMHO, a bright or pale color, and they should be sort of flowy and, you know, "beachy." The funny thing is that Kyle complained about the fit of that dress on her and I think she looked great. Much more flattering than some of the dresses she picks herself!

I will admit I was a bit disappointed with where they stayed as well. It was certainly nice enough, but didn't seem super luxurious. That's why I watch these shows - to see the women go on fabulous vacations I could never afford!

I thought the dresses were pretty but that dark blue color wasn't suited for Hawaii. But then camille's dress wasn't all that pretty either.   Nothing about the wedding was spectacular. But at least she doesn't have that douche Kelsey anymore. That's a win win, even if I don't care for her.

5 hours ago, thesnarkiest said:

She eats Adderall..

That's probably a big problem in Hollywood. They all have headaches from not eating.

• Love 1
On 5/22/2019 at 2:03 AM, renatae said:

I see where you are coming from. However, that's a very different situation. A polygraph is based on physiological indicators, so it's unlikely the wording of questions would significantly alter a response. When people do react, it's likely the subject itself is what upsets them, for instance, being questioned about a robbery may elicit a stress response just because the subject is brought up, period. The flaws with the polygraph lie in the fact there is no way to know whether the subject is stressed because he fears he is under suspicion, or because he actually participated.

The questions Lisa had asked of her were very specific to what she was accused of. One would think that if she wanted to ensure she was not stressed by the test she would have made the questions more generic and less specific. But her goal was to address the actual things she was accused of, and that's exactly what the questions reflected.

Also in a legitimate why detector test, no one else would be allowed in the Room and I would be no conversations. And probably no dogs. I can understand liking your dog, but she carries of to extreme. And Ken looks like a mental patient dragging their dog around in his arms.

• Love 2

I’m late to the party and maybe someone already pointed this out but...

LVP’s polygraph was ridiculous! If someone needed a test in order to prove the truth of a matter, any decent polygrapher would conduct it in a quiet room without the peanut gallery piping in every 2 seconds. There would be a discussion and questions would  be framed prior to the test to weed out any possible ambiguity. The subject would not have a scarf, jacket or other multiple layers of clothing on as that can affect pulse, blood pressure and skin conductivity. Such a joke. This doesn’t apply to criminal matters administered by law encorcement. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, nytonc said:

LVP’s polygraph was ridiculous! If someone needed a test in order to prove the truth of a matter, any decent polygrapher would conduct it in a quiet room without the peanut gallery piping in every 2 seconds. There would be a discussion and questions would  be framed prior to the test to weed out any possible ambiguity. The subject would not have a scarf, jacket or other multiple layers of clothing on as that can affect pulse, blood pressure and skin conductivity. Such a joke. This doesn’t apply to criminal matters administered by law encorcement. 

Does anyone seriously think the polygraph was anything other than a production set up for scripting purposes? The fact that another person was allowed in the room, that she was allowed to have a pet with her, and the fact that Kyle couldn't even tell the "story" about how she found out Lisa was taking one - LET ALONE that she knew exactly why Lisa was taking it all screams Production Interference to me. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nytonc said:

Right. All of that is true. I'll even toss in one for you -- the polygraph examiner himself seems like an untrained shady character.  But this is a tv show, where no actual crime was committed. It was drama, brought like no one but LVP can bring it.

• Love 2
On 5/22/2019 at 7:14 AM, ChitChat said:

Editing probably whittled it down to 5 minutes. 

A voiceless Rinna made the episode more bearable.  I end up FF through a lot of it these days.  These women aren't very enjoyable to watch.  

I do like LVP, but using the dog as an accessory has always bugged me.  With the exception of service dogs, taking them into restaurants is rude too.  

You summed up Camille perfectly!  She seems so fake when she's talking to someone and is trying to empathize with them.  There's something about the tone of her voice that comes across as so disingenuous in those moments.  

No you have to remember that Camille was married to empty Kelsey grammar.

Wtf. I was looking forward to watching tonight for the first time in months,thinking I would get to see LVP in Vegas and Camille's takedown of various bitches I hate. Definitely not wasting my time on this.

• Love 5

I hate this.  I don’t understand why Bravo does this crap every time there’s a holiday.  Surely I’m not the only one who celebrates holidays on the day they occur and not for the entire week before and the week after.  This isn’t even behind the scene stuff.  It’s cut and paste from shows we’ve just seen.

Oh well, Sex In The City will probably be on all weekend.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

So it was a bummer that Camille’s Malibu house burned, but she has that gorgeous Big Island house so her poor-me-buying-second-hand-Burberry stories are a bit much.

• Love 3

And if I hear one more time how LVP should have come to the wedding so they could hash it out and move on, I swear I will throw something at the TV,

All they wanted was another chance to rip her apart.  She was smart not to go.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, mwell345 said:

And if I hear one more time how LVP should have come to the wedding so they could hash it out and move on, I swear I will throw something at the TV,

All they wanted was another chance to rip her apart.  She was smart not to go.

They are going to switch now and bitch that she shouldn’t have gone to Jax and Brittany’s wedding.

They are nothing if not versatile  bitches.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Yeah, what a rip off.   And god, we get to see Sessa .... again.  No thanks.  And no legit polygrapher is going to allow another person in the room while doing a poly.  And no less a dog.  Sorry,  LVP looked liked a fool.

Watching Mo being stoned again was the best part of the episode and the producers saying that much of it was cut with shaking cameras due to Mo being so funny.  I wish that was shown more than some of the other footage.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

This episode was supposed to be "Behind the Scenes," but it seems it was just a rerun with questions and info added at the bottom of the screen.  I gave up after 20 minutes- was there anything new at all?

I thought there was some new content.  But maybe my mind protects itself by automatically dumping as much as it can about the episodes from my memory as soon as it can and things that I thought were new were just things my brain had already purged. 

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

This episode was supposed to be "Behind the Scenes," but it seems it was just a rerun with questions and info added at the bottom of the screen.  I gave up after 20 minutes- was there anything new at all?

I didn’t notice any new footage, and I sat through the whole thing waiting for behind the scenes stuff. Bravo deceived us!!!

• Love 2

There was no new footage.  It was production comments about the filming and the housewives.  I actually kind of enjoy these episodes but I hate that TPTB don't inform us when advertising it.  I thought I was tuning in to see the finale.

• Love 2

This “new” retread was a snore and I deleted it 1/3 of the way in. I kept missing the popups because I’d get distracted reading the boards. They weren’t that interesting, anyway.

• Love 3

Wish I had passed on this bait and switch dreck. All I got for my effort was skyrocketing BP when reminded how fast the coven went into defense mode when hearing LVP had the polygraph. "Everyone knows that innocent people fail and guilty people all know how to beat it." Rinna, stop flapping your behemoth lips and give yourself 5 seconds to consider that you just might be wrong. And get off your high horse, as you are the biggest stirrer on the show.

• Love 8
On 7/2/2019 at 10:42 PM, breezy424 said:

Yeah, what a rip off.   And god, we get to see Sessa .... again.  No thanks.  And no legit polygrapher is going to allow another person in the room while doing a poly. 

Any attempt at legitimacy was out the window when it became clear that LvP provided the questions herself.  If a lie detector is basically testing anxiety, knowing the questions and being able to rehearse the answers is going to neutralize a lot of anxiety LvP might have.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Any attempt at legitimacy was out the window when it became clear that LvP provided the questions herself.  If a lie detector is basically testing anxiety, knowing the questions and being able to rehearse the answers is going to neutralize a lot of anxiety LvP might have.

That is the only way to do it, otherwise how would he know what to ask? 

Even if the police are giving the test to someone possibly guilty of murder, the test-taker still pretty much knows the questions.  

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/2/2019 at 6:41 PM, langford peel said:

Subtract LVP and Camille and you know what you got?

Yeah I know what we've got. It's called the Real Housewives of Orange County!😁 Or a snowball rolling down the mountain getting ready to crash. 

The only HoWives franchise that still, so far, has me wanting to watch is RHONY. However, I don't have the time to watch it consistently so I can't judge fairly. But this is reality TV and I love to unfairly judge these low class entertainers 😁

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 3