Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Season 9 Reunion Part 1

druzy
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, luvly said:

It's not like this is some random Instagram Live video of a co-worker argument at McDonald's, it's a professional production by a large media corporation. Nessa's pushing 40 and a UC Berkeley grad, she's not so stupid as to confront Jenelle without explicit permission from some higher-ups. Conversations with people way above Jenelle's pay grade were had and they were fine with it. If MTV didn't approve, they could have interrupted her at any time, they could have enforced the audience NDAs so the story didn't leak, they could have cut that whole segment entirely. Instead, they've been hyping it. 

ETA: Also wanted to point out that it was obviously approved ahead time because they had the screenshots of Jenelle's posts, complete with scrolling highlight, ready to go.

This is why I agree.  Because, David’s tweets and actions are being taken personal by MTV staff.  So, how much do people have to take before they put someone on blast?

Last night Nessa was allowed to put Janelle on blast. David is getting super bold. They fired him. He gets bolder.

The producers said he threatened them and why they had to stop production.

The man that call for the filming to stop was black, right? 

What do you think it means when a guy post photos of himself holding up the confederate flag and lots of gun photos??

We saw Janelle chase down that guy during her road rage.....and, pulled out a gun on him.  Jace was in the car! 

These people talk with guns. Just ask the poor little dog that was shot to death by David.

What Janelle and David have done is much more disgraceful than what Nessa and Kap can ever do! 

Now that the kids are gone....I hope the land caves in while David and Janelle sleep. Creating a sinkhole so deep.....that the pits of hell sucks them right in! 

Kids gone.  500K a year job gone.  Janelle is NEVER getting her respect. (Is this chick serious with this crap??) 

Janelle and David are very  dangerous!

I would not even feel safe with these ‘court ordered visitation center’ custody agreement.

I don’t think people are overreacting, anymore. 

Josh Powell killed his wife and then blew himself up with the kids inside his house when the social worker showed up at his house....for his supervised visit. The courts made her take the kids to him....all while knowing he killed their mother.

• Love 24

Briana’s feral screams from last reunion were shocking to hear again. Have any of the Real Housewives ever “refused to be on stage” with the other Housewives at their reunions? Not that it isn’t in the best interest of all involved for it to be this way with these people but I’ve never seen that on another show, I don’t think. It’s just crazy how MTV lets them demand so much on this show. And they don’t even try and frame it like they’re trying to be responsible due to violence, they let us know it’s because the cast calls the shots and refused. Until 5pm. It’s bizarre.

I can’t with Jeremy and Leah fucking or not fucking - either way it seems to be messing with the girlses’ minds so they should shit or get off the pot. I suggest getting off the pot before they give Addie even more issues than she’ll possibly already have. Leah continues to amaze with her reunion outfit selection. 

“That’s stalking behavior,” thanks, Drew. Then he giggles about guys doing that while saying they shouldn’t do it. Just another example of his unprofessionalism. Glad the viewers are in expert hands here. I hate him. We ain’t need you, Dr Fool. Yikes, Jason sounds extra creepy icky. Some y’all called it for sure. If we gotta have filler and a call-in guest Q+A, I guess I’m happy to have it be Addie considering the other choices. They shouldn’t encourage her in regard to Jeremy and Leah’s relationship with each other, though. She’s SIX. Adults have issues with wanting their divorced parents to reunite and they’re putting that in a 6 year old’s mind more than it’s in her head naturally? It’s kinda sick. 

Dammit, Devoin!! I think he naturally has one of the more likable personalities in the franchise but there’s no freaking reframing or excusing the story as told by Briana! Ugh! Get your shit together. John seems too nice, reasonable and normal for Briana and this show in general. Huh. Briana looked much cuter than she normally does at the reunion.

I didn’t like seeing things from “next season,” apparently there will be one for sure already. MTV can’t let footage in the can go - see that horrible Young Moms Club/Not That Cute Little Mamas show for evidence.

Jenelle being full of shit is predictable, I just wish she had screamed “LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE!!!!!” as she ran away.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, politichick said:

He is young/immature and made a big mistake. I don't think we can assume he has a substance abuse problem and needs treatment. Drew made that same leap, too, and Brianna was, like, no, that's not it; he just fucked up. The coven probably read him the riot act and he likely will not ever do that shit again.

Hmm...he spent time in jail for drugs, several times actually, and lost his drivers license also. Young and immature? Wow...at some point when you’re a father in your mid 20’s you have some insight and control over your behavior unless you have a problem with drugs and/or alcohol. Thank god he didn’t have his drivers license or he surely would have had an accident.

• Love 4
On 5/20/2019 at 6:10 PM, druzy said:

Why Kail isn't talking to Chris this time

I must say, the MTV make up people are really good...Kail’s face looked incredible as did the other girls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I thought it was really tacky for Kail to be allowed to hawk her Pothead crap on the show. Chelsea will want to hawk her diaper bags next. Does MTV have any standards at all?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Really???  Your kids gone. Living in separate housing. You are still sleeping next to that man every night???

Maybe if you left and moved in Barbara.....the court would have given you the little girl.  But, you chose David. 

I know, right?

1 hour ago, kicksave said:

I thought it was really tacky for Kail to be allowed to hawk her Pothead crap on the show. Chelsea will want to hawk her diaper bags next. Does MTV have any standards at all?

P

🤣

[wheezes]That was funny AF.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, kicksave said:

Hmm...he spent time in jail for drugs, several times actually, and lost his drivers license also. Young and immature? Wow...at some point when you’re a father in your mid 20’s you have some insight and control over your behavior unless you have a problem with drugs and/or alcohol. Thank god he didn’t have his drivers license or he surely would have had an accident.

I agree he needs to get his shit together and be a real father but basically all his charges are for possession of marijuana. How many people have that legally now or illegally? He was just dumb/young/unlucky enough to get caught. I don’t doubt that Briana and Brittany and most of the cast smoke weed too. Do you have a source for him spending a bunch of time in jail? I basically can find that he got one night in jail in 2014. His last arrest was in 2017 for not showing up for a possession charge from 2014. He’s definitely got potential issues and getting arrested is a horrible look but he’s not Butch or Adam...so far, anyway. The sloppy drunkenness, during the day, while he was supposed to be taking care of his daughter is pretty disturbing to me, though. Alcohol is a lot more dangerous than weed, IMO. At least he’s been smart enough (seemingly) to not be driving, unlicensed or not, that wouldn’t stop a lot of people from doing it anyway.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 13
On 5/21/2019 at 1:38 AM, For Cereals said:

I don’t know if Nessa’s thing crossed the line because the segment was about Jenelle’s story and hosts are usually impartial BUT it was a prime example of Jenelle being a lying liar who lies so I’m kind of here for it and this isn’t CNN or Meet the Press. So much better than the softballs they usually throw at these “women.”  Plus, it was fun to see Dr Sad Panda taken off guard.

20 hours ago, BARISTA said:

I don’t agree with what Nessa did at all. Her job is to be an impartial host, not to pick personal fights with the cast members on camera. There are all kinds of difficult questions she could have asked Jenelle about this past season and instead she made it personal. Highly inappropriate and unprofessional. She must realize she can’t call out every single person who disagrees with the actions of “her man”, so why corner Jenelle ? And especially in that setting?! She should be fired. 

I had no issue with Nessa pointing out the hypocrisy of what janelle does ...however she did NOT need to give an entire speech on what her boyfriend does, why he does it, the meaning etc......she used her host platform to sell Colin K agenda....and that’s not right. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Real Housewife LI said:

I had no issue with Nessa pointing out the hypocrisy of what janelle does ...however she did NOT need to give an entire speech on what her boyfriend does, why he does it, the meaning etc......she used her host platform to sell Colin K agenda....and that’s not right. 

Agreed. Jenelle is a sociopath and says and write things that are terrible, but Nessa's speech annoyed me. Her boyfriend can do what he wants to do, and she can support him for it.. but that doesn't mean everyone else has to. What she should be doing is picking Jenelle apart for literally everything and anything else that she's done since everything she's done has been disgusting. But THAT's what she chose to pick at? wasn't appropriate. And i'm saying this as someone who would love Jenelle to be put in her place.

• Love 10

Jenelle went to denying so fast, I almost got whiplash. "I didn't post that. I don't know who that is. I've never seen that."

Leah's hair looked nice.

Kail needs some help with her Chris obsession. Throwing a baby shower for his friend? That his other hookups were invited to?

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I agree he needs to get his shit together and be a real father but basically all his charges are for possession of marijuana. How many people have that legally now or illegally? He was just dumb/young/unlucky enough to get caught. I don’t doubt that Briana and Brittany and most of the cast smoke weed too. Do you have a source for him spending a bunch of time in jail? I basically can find that he got one night in jail in 2014. His last arrest was in 2017 for not showing up for a possession charge from 2014. He’s definitely got potential issues and getting arrested is a horrible look but he’s not Butch or Adam...so far, anyway. The sloppy drunkenness, during the day, while he was supposed to be taking care of his daughter is pretty disturbing to me, though. Alcohol is a lot more dangerous than weed, IMO. At least he’s been smart enough (seemingly) to not be driving, unlicensed or not, that wouldn’t stop a lot of people from doing it anyway.

I'm not a physician nor a drug counselor but I would not minimize the effects that weed has on one's ability to drive properly. There have been quite a few accidents that I've read about where there have been fatalities due to a driver stoned on weed. So I think both alcohol and weed are substances that affect one's cognitive abilities. I think they both can be dangerous when used to excess. Was Devoin driving under the influence of either of these substances when he lost his license? No one has the right to get behind the wheel of a car high on weed or drunk and potentially kill innocent people...if he was drunk or high I thank the police for stopping him and the court for taking away his license...especially after watching his behavior the other night.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I'm not a physician nor a drug counselor but I would not minimize the effects that weed has on one's ability to drive properly. There have been quite a few accidents that I've read about where there have been fatalities due to a driver stoned on weed. So I think both alcohol and weed are substances that affect one's cognitive abilities. I think they both can be dangerous when used to excess. Was Devoin driving under the influence of either of these substances when he lost his license? No one has the right to get behind the wheel of a car high on weed or drunk and potentially kill innocent people...if he was drunk or high I thank the police for stopping him and the court for taking away his license...especially after watching his behavior the other night.

I don’t know if he was under the influence when he was pulled over but I don’t believe he has a DUI so it doesn’t sound like it. The problem with testing for weed is that you can test positively for it weeks after you last smoked it - making it kind of impossible to know if someone was even actively high during an accident or not. So if there’s an accident and they test the driver’s blood and it’s positive for marijuana they can say it was a cause of the crash but there’s no way to actually know unless it’s a case where the person was observed smoking in the vehicle prior to the crash. I’m definitely not advocating for driving high, I’m just saying that those statistics are skewed because weed stays in the system for so long. And that charges for possession of marijuana are bogus and pointless to me and shouldn’t count as a drug conviction as if it were a drug like cocaine or heroin. It also doesn’t look like any of his drug charges pertain to driving under the influence of weed but to simple possession of weed, which he was caught having due to expired license plate tags. He did have a burglary charge in 2013 that was dropped that I can’t find any details on. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, kicksave said:

I was shocked by the whole Devoin being drop dead drunk while caring for Nova and her friends at the pool. Wow...Brianna should not allow Nova to be with him unsupervised ever again. He definitely has some substance abuse issues and needs to be in treatment. Nova looked so hurt and depressed in the car on the ride home. My heart breaks for her.

She had that painfully silent look about her again. It made me so sad. I was really rooting for Devoid. (We were all rooting for you!) Now I have to admit the Coven was right about something. Blech. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Rebecca said:

“That’s stalking behavior,” thanks, Drew. Then he giggles about guys doing that while saying they shouldn’t do it. Just another example of his unprofessionalism.

The way he said it was SO casual. "That's something a lot of guys are doing these days. So weird." Like he's a teenage girl, discussing her classmates with a friend at the mall. And this is a DOCTOR? Couldn't he use a tone or language that more seriously conveyed what an issue stalking is????

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

The way he said it was SO casual. "That's something a lot of guys are doing these days. So weird." Like he's a teenage girl, discussing her classmates with a friend at the mall. And this is a DOCTOR? Couldn't he use a tone or language that more seriously conveyed what an issue stalking is????

He’s out of touch. He needs to be replaced.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It was VERY “oh, boys will be boys, hee, hee.” He’s done that kind of thing other times throughout the years but I can’t think of on example right now. He just sucks in a lot of ways and on top of that he obviously doesn’t watch this show that he’s PAID to comment on and bullshit quasi “treat” the cast of, so his opinions on any of them aren’t even fully informed. He’s pointless.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

It was VERY “oh, boys will be boys, hee, hee.” He’s done that kind of thing other times throughout the years but I can’t think of on example right now. He just sucks in a lot of ways and on top of that he obviously doesn’t watch this show that he’s PAID to comment on and bullshit quasi “treat” the cast of, so his opinions on any of them aren’t even fully informed. He’s pointless.

And I love how he said that a lot of guys stalk girls and warning them not to do it, but no mention of girls who stalk guys. 

I'm not sure why the show keeps hiring him back, i'm fairly certain hardly anyone wants him as the host.

• Love 8

If Judge Judy actually watched this show and then hosted the reunion heads would be rolling. Every single one of them would be running off the stage. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 12

Nessa created more footage for MTV; it was just another level of unnecessary drama that could play out on tv.  I don't doubt, she's offended but what happened to professionalism?  You call yourself a journalist, and you're inserting yourself into the drama.  Give me a break.  She probably thinks she's a goddamn hero for her race and is relishing the attention.  She saw the opportunity to jump on easy prey, and she ripped into it. You didn't do the world any favors, you fame whore. She jumped onto an easy target and let her ego and bias take over. 

As a woman of color, I get confronted with racism almost every week in my job.  When you work with an aging population that need healthcare, you hear some of the vilest and most ignorant statements.  But at the same time, my job is to provide care and be a professional.  If I confront someone, I know it will aggravate the situation, and it could affect the level of care and trust between a patient.  She accomplished nothing with her little outburst.  We all knew Janelle was a liar, racist, and hypocrite.

Nessa is a dolt. How about you confront the producers for manipulating these young, uneducated, teens and profiting off of these stereotypes? Of course not, she'd be out of her league and would lose a paycheck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Rebecca said:

He always acted that way with Adumb, laughing off his horrible behavior and almost shaming Chelsea for being cautious about Aubree's time with her father. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 5/21/2019 at 4:33 PM, Dance4Life said:

Josh Powell killed his wife and then blew himself up with the kids inside his house when the social worker showed up at his house....for his supervised visit. The courts made her take the kids to him....all while knowing he killed their mother.

I remember that.  It was in my state.  He did terrible things to them first.  Fucking crazy asshole.

I loved what Nessa did.  No one ever calls any of the girls out. So what if they haven't done it before with other things, they did this time and I finally feel satisfied. It's something I stand behind as well.  If Jenelle was so well versed in her beliefs she could have easily fired back. But she didn't. She denied it, hid and ran away and blamed it on everyone else.  

• Love 22
23 hours ago, buttercuppy said:

Nessa created more footage for MTV; it was just another level of unnecessary drama that could play out on tv.  I don't doubt, she's offended but what happened to professionalism?  You call yourself a journalist, and you're inserting yourself into the drama.  Give me a break.  She probably thinks she's a goddamn hero for her race and is relishing the attention.  She saw the opportunity to jump on easy prey, and she ripped into it. You didn't do the world any favors, you fame whore. She jumped onto an easy target and let her ego and bias take over. 

As a woman of color, I get confronted with racism almost every week in my job.  When you work with an aging population that need healthcare, you hear some of the vilest and most ignorant statements.  But at the same time, my job is to provide care and be a professional.  If I confront someone, I know it will aggravate the situation, and it could affect the level of care and trust between a patient.  She accomplished nothing with her little outburst.  We all knew Janelle was a liar, racist, and hypocrite.

Nessa is a dolt. How about you confront the producers for manipulating these young, uneducated, teens and profiting off of these stereotypes? Of course not, she'd be out of her league and would lose a paycheck.

I agree! Your job sounds very similar to teaching, where you always have to remain in control and professional, no matter what the kids do. They can say, "f*** you stupid racist b****, I won't sit there," and you have to nicely say, "you really need to rethink your choice of words," and politely call a behavior coach. Plus, some kids are just dying to play the race card (which is funny with one of my former coworkers, who is married to a black man. When parents would come in screaming racism, she'd calmly take her family picture out and set it on the desk!). Race is such a sensitive subject in America right now, and crazy people on both sides of the coin are so unproductive: kids who feel that the race card gives them a get out of jail free pass, and ignorant older people who insist on being rude to anyone who doesn't fit their "norm," both racially and otherwise. It's really frustrating to have to deal with either kind of ignorance and stay professional! All in all, though, I definitely feel things are harder in America for POC, and being called racist for expecting a kid to sit down absolutely pales to what you have experienced. I can't imagine how difficult it is to hear those awful things from ignorant people. I'm really sorry you have to deal with that. Hugs, friend!

• Love 5

But this is a “reunion” for a reality show, not any other job. The host’s job on these things, IMO, should be to call people out. They’ve just gotten lucky so far that Drew the fool has mostly been their “host.” Andy Cohen called out various Vanderpump Rules people out quite a bit at their recent reunion. If one of the “Bravolebrities” said some stuff about Andy’s partner there’s no way he wouldn’t say something about it, imo, and he hosts their reunions. I just think “reunion host of a shitty, drama-filled reality show about trash bags” is in a class of job all its own and can’t really be compared to any other. 

• Love 20
On 5/26/2019 at 12:01 AM, Rebecca said:

But this is a “reunion” for a reality show, not any other job. The host’s job on these things, IMO, should be to call people out. They’ve just gotten lucky so far that Drew the fool has mostly been their “host.” Andy Cohen called out various Vanderpump Rules people out quite a bit at their recent reunion. If one of the “Bravolebrities” said some stuff about Andy’s partner there’s no way he wouldn’t say something about it, imo, and he hosts their reunions. I just think “reunion host of a shitty, drama-filled reality show about trash bags” is in a class of job all its own and can’t really be compared to any other. 

We're watching a reality show on Teen Moms.  Janelle has done some horrendous acts in the past and neglected her innocent children, yet Nessa remains impartial to all of this and continues to cash those paychecks without a problem.  Adults putting child's lives at risk, she doesn't mind. Nessa didn't bat an eye, just did her job and seemed to have no ethical qualms about these vulnerable young children.  But suddenly when her grown ass boyfriend gets attacked, she turns into a social justice warrior.  Get out of here!  Your boyfriend is a grown ass man, you can address the tweets but stop pretending like you're an advocate for the people that don't have one.  What a self-serving #$@#$.

We know that Janelle's a racist.  Get off your soapbox; the audience doesn't need a person of color to hold her to the task.    It made me cringe.  Go away, you, phony! Suddenly she clutches her pearls.  Now you're a political advocate, but where were you when the guys hung confederate flags and were killing cats and putting the lives of their children at risk.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, buttercuppy said:

We're watching a reality show on Teen Moms.  Janelle has done some horrendous acts in the past and neglected her innocent children, yet Nessa remains impartial to all of this and continues to cash those paychecks without a problem.  Adults putting child's lives at risk, she doesn't mind. Nessa didn't bat an eye, just did her job and seemed to have no ethical qualms about these vulnerable young children.  But suddenly when her grown ass boyfriend gets attacked, she turns into a social justice warrior.  Get out of here!  Your boyfriend is a grown ass man, you can address the tweets but stop pretending like you're an advocate for the people that don't have one.  What a self-serving #$@#$.

We know that Janelle's a racist.  Get off your soapbox; the audience doesn't need a person of color to hold her to the task.    It made me cringe.  Go away, you, phony! Suddenly she clutches her pearls.  Now you're a political advocate, but where were you when the guys hung confederate flags and were killing cats and putting the lives of their children at risk.

I don’t disagree most of this and neither did my post, my previous post was just addressing the “professionalism” of Nessa bringing in her personal issues. My point with that post was that the issues aren’t just personal when they’re all public figures and there’s no job comparison to other jobs because the job is so specific and niche.

I think every single person employed by MTV and Viacom in the production of Jenelle’s scenes is culpable and those with first-hand knowledge, who witnessed things personally, are much more culpable than Nessa, who most likely doesn’t even watch the show. Generally Drew and Nessa are given the questions and clips to ask by production and they ask them and that’s that. It’s been a problem all along. There needs to be a host who will actually ask the hard questions and actually watches this show. Nessa and especially, Drew, the so-called professional, could definitely chose  to never participate in this show, however. I know I’d decline the job unless I could ask the important things. Drew, especially, certainly isn’t hurting for money and doesn’t “need” this job.

Nessa called Jenelle out on what she had personal knowledge of and I was glad to see Jenelle get called out on something, anything, even if it wasn’t the bigger issues MTV should’ve had Nessa (and Drew!) address - years ago. If Nessa hadn’t tried calling Jenelle out for what she did call her out on Jenelle wouldn’t have been called out for anything at all. I don’t think it was ever either or. MTV was just never going to address the child abuse, just like they haven’t been addressing it for years now. And now they’ll never have to because she’s off the show. I’m a fan of Jenelle getting called out for anything because she’s been such a lucky asshole in never having any consequences.

• Love 11

I am on a rewatch thanks to paramount and just watched part one. Who is this Nessa, and why does she think we tuned in to watch her? I have no idea who she is much less who she is sleeping with this week, nor do I care, and her going in on Jenelle was ridiculous. She looked like a complete fame whore using a Teen Mom to get her name out there. Acting like everyone int he world should know who she sleeps with, lady we dont even know who you are!!

On 5/29/2019 at 5:20 PM, buttercuppy said:

YES!! THIS!! Nessa who??