Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: A Break Is Necessary

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Nicole's "friend": Up until now I thought Azan was the one for Nicole.

Me: YOU DID NOT.

That wig tho! 

That wig!  I couldn't even pay attention to what she was saying.  all I heard was WIG WIG WIG!!!

Listen, it's cool to buy a wig, wigs are fun!  But a) that style wig was awful and if she paid more than $10 for it she got taken and b) there are enough videos on YouTube...yeah, you're not ever going to slay that wig, but you could pluck a decent part, pluck the hairline and give yourself some baby hairs.  Damn that wig!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 8:28 PM, iwasish said:

And Ashley is trying so hard to make herself happen. She’s like an overgrown Teen Mom.

Maybe now that Jenelle is probably fired Ashley might have a shot. 

If you looked up basic ass bitches on Wikipedia, you'd see a picture if Ashley and her friends.   OMG that black bodysuit one of them was wearing...zoypes!

Also, Ashley is full of shit.  That girl was blonde like Ashley and did not appear to be a big girl from what I could see.  I think it's just a younger, slightly bigger version of Ashley...which scares her to death.

Jay should call her bluff and buy a ticket back to Jamaica.  She would stop all of this.

I also think it's shitty and in poor form to put the girls number in your phone as "skinz side chick". That girl probably didn't know he was married.  I'm also annoyed at Ashley calling her and if I was that girl I'd tell her to lose my number and stop fucking harassing me.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

First off, I DON'T know the law in the DR but I think there was either producer manipulation or Pedro simply didn't tell Chantel everything.  My husband has had his permanent green card for over 30 years.  His mother became ill and he bought a one-way ticket to go see her - not knowing how long he would be needed there.  (Jamaica - not the DR.)  He was checking in at the airport and was told he could NOT leave the country without a return ticket.  He ended up buying a fully refundable ticket that he then cashed in when he made arrangements to return.   I don't believe AT ALL that Pedro was able to go to the DR for some unspecified amount of time.  Either it was their storyline or he bought a round trip ticket but didn't tell Chantel.  Maybe he wanted to make her nervous that he wasn't going to come back at all.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm not poor, and I live a decent life and I would balk at paying 900 to change a ticket just because it's wasted money.  It's the same reason I refuse to pay ten cents for a bag.  I have ten cents, but it's nonsensical!

Even living with his mom could have been sold as something he was doing because he didn't have a significant other.

I think these would be...rebuttable presumptions...that would have been rebutted by a Google search of average salary for a software engineer.  He should be making good money.

For whatever reason, Colt has had a mixed up education, and only graduated (code school?) two years ago.  From I read elsewhere he is not paid well,  But in Calif, the min salary (state law incredibly (to avoid overtime)) is about $94,6k.  

Whatever he makes, I think he can live adequately but not be able to afford buying 3k bags.  He even joked something like he "didn't have 10k in savings, but even if he had it would have been run though by now."

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 3
On 5/19/2019 at 7:50 PM, Elizzikra said:

He does. I can’t figure out what Chantal supposedly does to bring in money though. Remember Chantal asked him about the possibility of getting laid off since he’s not scheduled a return date for his DR trip.

First Chantel spent her savings on trips to visit him, to pay for his visa and his living expenses while he could not work. She goes to school and works in a care facility. He spends all his money on his family and expects her to cover his nut because he is too busy paying for Mama Pedro and his seester wife. He is just over his two year Greencard limit. When that happens he can apply to remove the restrictions and get his 10 year Greencard. I think that's why they are so hot to get him to leave now after he gets the conditions removed. Then this business he will have this business he has been planning with his family and be able to go back and forth. He planned this perfectly. 

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of either family Chantel or Family Pedro, but I did notice something interesting.  Any time family Pedro is encouraging him to think hard about the relationship, they talk about how he has changed and how they want him happy.  They show concern for their loved one.  Yet not once has family Chantel expressed any concern for her.  It's all this negative venom spewed about Pedro, and the only reason I can remember them ever giving is that he doesn't "respect" them.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pedro sends his family a fairly small amount of money, something like $150 a month. His mother is a lawyer. Presumably the money he sends helps with expenses for the extended family, like his abuela who lives out in the countryside. I think that this is something to be admired, not derided. Chantel is a very selfish and spoiled little girl.

When we first met Chantel, what, a hundred years ago, she was in nursing school. Perhaps she's finally finished and has a job in some doctor's office? I cannot imagine her doing shift work at a hospital.

No Pedro first has paid their apartment in advance for a year. He sends money to his family that he keeps changing the story about. He changes the amount to sound more palatable to whoever he is talking to $500-$1,000 per month plus packages all the time and gifts. That's no small amount. He often can't cover his share of expenses, so Chantel covers for him. All this and he can't even find the money to take her out on a date ONCE A MONTH. Not cool. Did you see Mama Pedro's place in the last episode? It was nice with nice furnishings. And he and Chantel live in a sparse apartment...not cool at all. His mother and sister are able body and can work. They aren't in need, they are in GREED. What he should be doing right now is helping to build their future and rebuild the savings depleted because of him, as there will be a time in the future Mama Pedro will not be able to work and really will need help. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Chantel speaks so sloooooowwwwwly I wonder if she's on Xanax or some powerful antidepressant. She looks ridiculous and always holds her head just so, at what hours before the mirror mirror on the wall must've revealed to her. The breast implants -- whoa! Didn't know they came in beach-ball size. 

She did look pretty good when driving Pedro to the airport, as she was covered up, didn't have on the eyelashes, and wore some stylish frames.

• Love 10

I am thoroughly over the following:

Elizabeth and Undddrrrthei

Nicole's fake friend and her synthetic wig

Fernanda

Tariks brother being the pot and kettle

On another note:

Those DR digs look pretty fucking snazzy and better than what they have going on in Atlanta

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Aussie said:

Chantel speaks so sloooooowwwwwly I wonder if she's on Xanax or some powerful antidepressant. She looks ridiculous and always holds her head just so, at what hours before the mirror mirror on the wall must've revealed to her. The breast implants -- whoa! Didn't know they came in beach-ball size. 

She did look pretty good when driving Pedro to the airport, as she was covered up, didn't have on the eyelashes, and wore some stylish frames.

I think she ruined her figure with those ridiculous bowling balls. She looked so petite before them and now she looks like she has gained 75 pounds....because she probably did with those 'plants!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Of course Larissa started off laying it on thick and saying she was in love with Colt. They both said those things. Larissa is a liar and a user. Colt may well be one too. But nobody will change my mind that Larissa is a gold digger who lies about her intentions and absolutely sucks at it. 😂

• Love 4
7 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

For whatever reason, Colt has had a mixed up education, and only graduated (code school?) two years ago.  From I read elsewhere he is not paid well,  But in Calif, the min salary (state law incredibly (to avoid overtime)) is about $94,6k.  

Whatever he makes, I think he can live adequately but not be able to afford buying 3k bags.  He even joked he didn't have 10k in savings, but even if he had it would have been run though by now.

I don't know how he isn't paid well.  I mean if he isn't, he isn't, and maybe all the software engineers I know are far removed from school, but I haven't met one that isn't making good money. 

Its kinda become a thing for people in other industries to do a two week coding camp and graduate to making big bucks.

And, to me, the issue was what Larissa believed and was led to believe and the red flags she should have seen that Colt lived poor.  I can't fault her for thinking she caught a guy with money when he said she could have whatever she wanted and she leaned he was a single software engineer.

I don't know how serious she was about the $3000 chanel bag because she let it go within like five seconds and settled for $200 (on a prepaid gift card) per month.  I also think he told her he had $10k, but didn't sell it to her as his only money in the world but rather a sign of how well he was doing financially.

• Love 4
(edited)
47 minutes ago, LellePCC said:

Of course Larissa started off laying it on thick and saying she was in love with Colt. They both said those things. Larissa is a liar and a user. Colt may well be one too. But nobody will change my mind that Larissa is a gold digger who lies about her intentions and absolutely sucks at it. 😂

Was this ever established on the show?  I only remember seeing snippets of her from Brazil, so I don't remember her saying those things at the beginning of their relationship.

Larissa, as far as I can see has generally been pretty candid about what she wants.  I doubt her intentions or colts intentions were ever unclear.  I don't think either of them went into this marriage with the impression that this was a love match or a great romance. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I am thoroughly over the following:

Elizabeth and Undddrrrthei

Nicole's fake friend and her synthetic wig

Fernanda

Tariks brother being the pot and kettle

On another note:

Those DR digs look pretty fucking snazzy and better than what they have going on in Atlanta

That wig....jaysus!

It was so awful.  Why would go on TV with THAT wig?  The hairline literally looks like Barbie hair.

Ive heard Atlanta is pretty expensive.  Might have been another good reason to make the move to Savannah.  My brother lived out there for a while and he bought a house at a very reasonable price.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, dyanad said:

No Pedro first has paid their apartment in advance for a year. He sends money to his family that he keeps changing the story about. He changes the amount to sound more palatable to whoever he is talking to $500-$1,000 per month plus packages all the time and gifts. That's no small amount. He often can't cover his share of expenses, so Chantel covers for him. All this and he can't even find the money to take her out on a date ONCE A MONTH. Not cool. Did you see Mama Pedro's place in the last episode? It was nice with nice furnishings. And he and Chantel live in a sparse apartment...not cool at all. His mother and sister are able body and can work. They aren't in need, they are in GREED. What he should be doing right now is helping to build their future and rebuild the savings depleted because of him, as there will be a time in the future Mama Pedro will not be able to work and really will need help. 

I think if Pedro was scamming her, he would be over at Family Chantels sucking up to Mama and the rest of the cult. He would  sit back and be the perfect spouse, handing over his check and waiting on her hand and foot. Then when he gets the conditions removed from his green card, turn into the money harvester they think he is.  

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't know how serious she was about the $3000 chanel bag because she let it go within like five seconds and settled for $200 (on a prepaid gift card) per month.  I also think he told her he had $10k, but didn't sell it to her as his only money in the world but rather a sign of how well he was doing financially.

Larissa never thought she had a chance at getting that bag. She thought she was being a "good negotiator" by high balling Colt Tea. That paltry lil $200 will score her high end cleaning products and drug store makeup (which isn't bad, especially some of the mascara. Definitely popping). That's if he doesn't make her buy tampons and deodorant with the money 😂

Can't you just hear him... " Well honey, if you need something that's what you have the card for, 'member?" Every time she wants anything

• Love 11
(edited)

As I posted previously, we moved to Atlanta about 8 months ago. And this place IS pricey. Before we found our house, we were looking at three bedroom apartments in Decatur - a cute little town about 8 miles from the center of Atlanta. Rents were like $3500 to $5,000 a month. That is some serious coin. Whatever Pedro sends home a month is not going to get Chantel very far in the ATL. She needs to get over herself and accept that she married a very blue collar guy who is never going to make the kind of money to fund the lifestyle she wants. Chicky should have held out for a paraprofessional at least.

Andrei made me cringe with his interview  attire and demeanor. Of course,  I blame Libby because she didn’t coach him or give him any guidance on how to handle himself.  I always give my German husband tips on cultural norms here in the US. Andrei is obviously not a sophisticated guy...kinda like Libby’s dad.    

I was impressed that he was candid about his mistakes and misunderstanding about what trucking would involve in the US. 

It’s a shame Libby’s dad seems so vested in watching his daughter and her husband fail. He likes keeping Libby and now Andrei weak and dependent, so he can exercise control. 

Imagine if her dad was supportive and helped him get a leg up with the handy man work. He owns a number of properties and must have contacts in the property management and construction biz to give Andrei some contacts to get started. I would imagine that Andrei could get a good little business started. Doing repairs and minor projects can bring in decent money. Most people don’t generally have the skills to do repairs anymore like they used to. They always need to bring someone in.

But doing that with a helpful attitude would only empower Libby and Andrei. Libby’s dad wants to keep them weak and dependent on his largess so he can continue to be the domineering paterfamilias.

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I don't know how he isn't paid well.  I mean if he isn't, he isn't, and maybe all the software engineers I know are far removed from school, but I haven't met one that isn't making good money. 

Its kinda become a thing for people in other industries to do a two week coding camp and graduate to making big bucks.

And, to me, the issue was what Larissa believed and was led to believe and the red flags she should have seen that Colt lived poor.  I can't fault her for thinking she caught a guy with money when he said she could have whatever she wanted and she leaned he was a single software engineer.

He works at Konami Gaming since 2017, as a Software Engineer 2, and typical salary for that at that company is 74k, from a range of 52-96k.

That was the basis for my "not paid well" reference...being less than Calif minimum and less than national standards.

Imagine if he was so junior and being paid in the 50's and trying to do all this?!

Edited by MajorNelson
(edited)
5 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Larissa never thought she had a chance at getting that bag. She thought she was being a "good negotiator" by high balling Colt Tea. That paltry lil $200 will score her high end cleaning products and drug store makeup (which isn't bad, especially some of the mascara. Definitely popping). That's if he doesn't make her buy tampons and deodorant with the money 😂

Can't you just hear him... " Well honey, if you need something that's what you have the card for, 'member?" Every time she wants anything

You think much better of colt than I do. I fully expect that she will be asked to pay half the grocery bill, a portion of the utilities and half of any restaurant tab, with the constant reasoning being "well, you have money now"

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I'm not a fan of either family Chantel or Family Pedro, but I did notice something interesting.  Any time family Pedro is encouraging him to think hard about the relationship, they talk about how he has changed and how they want him happy.  They show concern for their loved one.  Yet not once has family Chantel expressed any concern for her.  It's all this negative venom spewed about Pedro, and the only reason I can remember them ever giving is that he doesn't "respect" them.

This. 

Pedro has no support in the USA. His wife is on her family’s side. I am thisclose to being team Family Pedro.  

Chantel going on about how his family lies about her. And gets mad when he brings up her (awful) family.  Chantel 100% is culpable for her family’s treatment of him. 

• Love 15
14 hours ago, LellePCC said:

Larissa started this whole thing out saying she was in love and that Coltee was her soulmate,  not that this was some transaction. She’s a piss poor gold digger and it didn’t take long for her true colors to come to light. I disagree that colt was hiding his intentions. Perhaps Larissa was too hyper focused on that green card to notice the red flags.

"Piss poor gold digger" because she told her mark that he was her soulmate?  Have you ever met a gold digger?  That's *exactly* how you reel 'em in!  Oooh, Coltee, your dick is *sooo* big I'm not sure I can handle it!!!

Larissa told us that Coltee told her she could buy whatever she wanted--I'm thinking specifically about the couch--as long as Debbie came along with her.  *Not* as long as Debbie approved.  I'm assuming Debbie had to be there to use the credit card or write the check.  We've learned that Larissa wasn't even allowed to choose her own clothing!  And from the looks of her clothing it's clear that Coltee wanted a sex doll, not a wife.

They both knew what they were getting into; afawk, Larissa has held up her side of the deal (sex) but Coltee hasn't.  He teases her with fancy apartments and luxury cars but continues to keep her in that place that you know smells funny and in the non-air conditioned car.  Neither of them had admirable intentions, but I think Larissa comes across as more "honorable"--if you can use that word--simply because she is giving him blow jobs.  Seems to me that duck lips is the least he can give her in return.

And we saw that it is definitely a tit-for-tat (or lip-for-bj).  He was reluctant; she asked him if he wanted to continue to get blow jobs; his "yes" was his paying for the duck lips.  Completely a commercial deal.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 5/19/2019 at 5:19 PM, Elizzikra said:

He definitely has inherited her boobs...

So I’m confused. If Andrew insists they no longer take a handout from Daddy Warbucks, why don’t they just start paying him rent instead of moving? I mean, they don’t have money for either but assuming Andrei has some plan to pay another landlord, why not save he cost and effort of moving and just pay for where they are???

That would make too much sense and Andddrrrreeeee is too proud.  (of what, I do not know)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mothra said:

They both knew what they were getting into; afawk, Larissa has held up her side of the deal (sex) but Coltee hasn't.  He teases her with fancy apartments and luxury cars but continues to keep her in that place that you know smells funny and in the non-air conditioned car.  Neither of them had admirable intentions, but I think Larissa comes across as more "honorable"--if you can use that word--simply because she is giving him blow jobs.  Seems to me that duck lips is the least he can give her in return.

And we saw that it is definitely a tit-for-tat (or lip-for-bj).  He was reluctant; she asked him if he wanted to continue to get blow jobs; his "yes" was his paying for the duck lips.  Completely a commercial deal.

Agreed. There was an understanding otherwise why would he portray himself as financially higher standing than he is and able to meet her demands when they were in Mexico if he didn't agree to a wife who would give him what he wants in exchange for what she wants (designer stuff, cosmetic enhancements, etc). Otherwise, he would have had the conversation with her: "Larissa honey.  I make an average income.  I can provide the basics for you, but my house is shared with mom who is actually my first and only true love, I have no AC in my car, and you won't get designer stuff and/or cosmetic enhancements."  

Larissa would have been onto the next dude before the skype call went cold.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
On 5/19/2019 at 9:54 PM, Adeejay said:

I hope Libby and Andrei’s saga is for story line purposes because it doesn’t make sense. No one in their right mind would give up a rent free house to go and live in a rental. So, let me see if I understand this. Andrei’s pride would not allow him to accept handouts from another man, but he is not too proud to allow his pregnant wife to be the primary wage earner while he sits on his wide arse?!  Make it make sense.

THIS!  I wonder why he was so appalled that the trucking job would be on call to start and from what I heard he could make approx $700 wk on call.   WTF is wrong with that????  Probably just one week of work would pretty much cover rent (or 1/2).  In the meantime he could start on his handyman ad while he does at least SOMETHING!  He is one angry Moldovian

• Love 11
On 5/20/2019 at 6:12 AM, CousinOliver said:

I didn’t watch Andrei and Elizabeth’s season, so they’re new to me.  When daddy agreed to pay for her rent in the new place, I lost all respect for everyone involved.  

The only couple I’m remotely interested in is Nicole and Azan.  I do wonder how that will end.  

I kinda think it will never end.  Nicole will never let Azan go....he will never marry her.  Looks to me like he has made that clear.  Nicole has no self respect at all!  If a man cheats on me, takes my money (on a fake business), seems to have a problem committing and calls me fat all the time....he is TOAST.....Moroccan Toast to be exact!  She is always saying "We've moved past that".....BS -- it is the same crap week after week.  

Despite all that I enjoy watching her fall further down the Rabbit Hole.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, gigiann said:

THIS!  I wonder why he was so appalled that the trucking job would be on call to start and from what I heard he could make approx $700 wk on call.   WTF is wrong with that????  Probably just one week of work would pretty much cover rent (or 1/2).  In the meantime he could start on his handyman ad while he does at least SOMETHING!  He is one angry Moldovian

That handyman speech is the same one he gave about trucking school 2 seasons ago. He’s not a trucker. He’s not a handyman. He’s a sportsman: couch surfing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, gigiann said:

I kinda think it will never end.  Nicole will never let Azan go....he will never marry her.  Looks to me like he has made that clear.  Nicole has no self respect at all!  If a man cheats on me, takes my money (on a fake business), seems to have a problem committing and calls me fat all the time....he is TOAST.....Moroccan Toast to be exact!  She is always saying "We've moved past that".....BS -- it is the same crap week after week.  

That’s a damn big Rabbit Hole.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

That handyman speech is the same one he gave about trucking school 2 seasons ago. He’s not a trucker. He’s not a handyman. He’s a sportsman: couch surfing.

And Libby’s not much better. I doubt she puts forth much effort in her little part time job for daddy. She probably spends her day at work shopping on the internet and charging stuff to daddy’s credit card. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Imagine if her dad was supportive and helped him get a leg up with the handy man work. He owns a number of properties and must have contacts in the property management and construction biz to give Andrei some contacts to get started. I would imagine that Andrei could get a good little business started. Doing repairs and minor projects can bring in decent money. Most people don’t generally have the skills to do repairs anymore like they used to. They always need to bring someone in.

Elizabeth's father did offer him some work to help get him going when Andrei was just sitting around playing video games all day. Andrei refused the offer because he said it was under the table. Her father also offered to pay for schooling to. He was trying to offer anything to Andrei to get off his ass and not sit idle at home. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, iwasish said:

And Libby’s not much better. I doubt she puts forth much effort in her little part time job for daddy. She probably spends her day at work shopping on the internet and charging stuff to daddy’s credit card. 

That’s why she works for her dad. Anywhere else, she would have to do some actual work and be held accountable. I don’t see her as a learn the ropes go-getter who wants to take over her dad’s rental properties/ property management business.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, dyanad said:

First Chantel spent her savings on trips to visit him, to pay for his visa and his living expenses while he could not work. She goes to school and works in a care facility. He spends all his money on his family and expects her to cover his nut because he is too busy paying for Mama Pedro and his seester wife. He is just over his two year Greencard limit. When that happens he can apply to remove the restrictions and get his 10 year Greencard. I think that's why they are so hot to get him to leave now after he gets the conditions removed. Then this business he will have this business he has been planning with his family and be able to go back and forth. He planned this perfectly. 

I was under the impression that Pedro paid the rent.  And, as others have pointed out, Chantals hair and nails probably cost more than $150 per month.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, brillia79 said:

I'm still trying to watch their season.  But giving Andre some credit...if he wants to make a go of the handyman thing and he can be reliable and do quality work it's not a bad idea.  

If there was a FT job available, he should take it because he will get some benefits. But, he won't get benefits being a contract driver, so may as well do the handyman thing.

It's up to Andrei to make nice with Libby's dad if he wants his connections in the industry.  But, even if he doesn't, get on takl, task rabbit, whatever and start to build your business.  It's hard to find a good handyman and people (maybe just me?) will pay a premium for good work.  

Given what I think is Libby's experience, she should be able to work for a property management company and Andrei could get all sorts of jobs that way.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I was under the impression that Pedro paid the rent.  And, as others have pointed out, Chantals hair and nails probably cost more than $150 per month.

Do we really believe it's only $150 though? If so then the sister is lying about him completely paying for their place in DR but why would she lie? Surely it must cost more than $150 even after the exchange rates or whatever. Plus utilities. Plus the extras you know he's throwing in. I'm team nobody in their clusterfuck but I'm not buying this figure at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He is supposed to pay his share, but as we have seen Chantel has said she has had to cover his portion of the bills often. He can't even afford to take her on one date a month (well can't or won't I am not sure of). He paid a year in advance and continues to do so for Mama Pedro's place (so he does pay THEIR rent). He also has claimed he sent varying amounts monthly to his family (anywhere from $500-$1,000) depending on who he was talking to as he changed the amount to make it more palatable to whoever he was talking to at the time (kinda like the time frame he would change for how long he was going to the Dominican Republic for his business it went anywhere from moving there to 2 months to 5-7 days). He sends them care packages all the time and presents when requested. So that's a tidy sum. Didn't you see how nice Mama Pedro's place was last week? and how nicely decorated it was? Two able bodies that can work and refuse. Their greed really bothers me.

15 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Do we really believe it's only $150 though? If so then the sister is lying about him completely paying for their place in DR but why would she lie? Surely it must cost more than $150 even after the exchange rates or whatever. Plus utilities. Plus the extras you know he's throwing in. I'm team nobody in their clusterfuck but I'm not buying this figure at all. 

I just replied with what the amount he sends back. It's fricking crazy nuts. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I hadn't thought about that.  Has he ever said it front if Chantal?  I would believe the figure if she co-signed.  

I would also think that maybe mom is throwing in some kind of money towards rent?  I mean, even if an attorney in the DR doesn't make much, if she works she should make something?

And yes the giant TVs and what not are extras.  

LOL, I wonder what kind of business they are going to start.  My old great aunt had a general store in her tiny country.  When she came for a visit, we would visit multiple 99 cent only stores and she would stock up on white rain shampoos and conditioners....and all sorts of other things....that she would end up selling for 5x the price in her store.  She could not believe a place like the 99 cents only store existed.  She never got tired of shopping there.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Kangatush said:

This is a good point, and I think it highlights the thirstiness of Family Chantel.  I wondered for about half a second why these couples, esp. Pedro & Chantel, didn't go to a marriage counselor.  Of *course* they don't want any real help in resolving their differences; at least Chantel doesn't.  Interestingly, at least to me, while I think Chantel is the prize heifer of her family (although Winter has a boyfriend!!!!), Nicole of Family Pedro is also a prize.  She is a beauty queen in the Dominican.  I think people who are so involved with physical beauty are even more likely than other maladjusted folks to want to be on TV.  How many of the foreign brides thought they had a future in the US because of their beauty?  Even Larissa, who is pretty long in the tooth (figuratively and literally) I think harbors desires to strut the catwalk.

Mother Chantel runs a cheerleading camp, which imho is only one step up from running a beauty contest training program, like those on Toddlers and Tiaras.  Maybe this was supposed to be Chantel's ticket to stardom, too.  Unfortunately, we viewers now know that she's very ugly on the inside.  It's hard to get past that.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, Adeejay said:

When we first met Pedro's family, they were all living in a tiny one bedroom apartment in a dodgy neighborhood. Pedro used to sleep on the couch and they were basically living off his wages as a tourism worker.  So, I highly doubt that his mother is a lawyer.  A notary public or a paralegal maybe, but most definitely not a lawyer.

Based on the storylines, I am starting to believe that this show is fake and that it's all manufactured drama. 

You have to be a lawyer to be a notary public in the DR. They are starting to move away from that but it is the way it is right now. I am not trying to defend  Mother Pedro but just because you are a lawyer in the DR doesn't mean you are automatically going to make a lot of money. Sometimes you need to have the right connections or the right last name to get a decent paying job. I know lawyers who live very modestly ( in apts like the one Mother Pedro lives which is actually nothing fancy in the DR and seems to be in a low middle class area).

If I had to guess by the way she speaks Spanish, I would say she has some education but most likely didn't finish law school. She speaks putting "s" where they don't belong. I can see she tries to speak correctly but still has some slip ups. On the other hand, sister Nicole has a better vocabulary and expresses herself correctly when speaking to the camera.

I definitely think there is some manufactured drama.

• Love 6

Regarding apartment rents in Dominican Republic.....I found this on Google:

The average price for a nice one-bedroom apartment outside the central districts of Santo Domingo is about $250 per month, while a three-bedroom unit goes for a little over $510 on average. For inexpensive coastal living, Puerto Plata and nearby towns are very good options.Mar 30, 2019

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Long time reader, first time poster.

I wanted to give an idea of the rent in the DR as I see it is a hot topic. I'm Dominican but have been living States for about 16yrs. My parents and siblings still live there so I have an idea of what rent can cost. 

Like in everywhere else, rent varies depending where you live. Base on the footage I've seen about Family Pedro apartment, I would guess that the rent for the apartment is anywhere between 10k-15k Dominican pesos. FYI, one Dollar is about $50 Dominican pesos so if the apartment is 10k a month that is only $200dls. The apartment itself is nothing fancy and appears to be in a low income area. The Dollar can go a long way in the DR, housing and food are definitely way cheaper than in the US.

Edited by islandgirl1217
typo
  • Useful 9
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 8:12 AM, CousinOliver said:

The only couple I’m remotely interested in is Nicole and Azan.  I do wonder how that will end.  

3 hours ago, gigiann said:

I think of Azan as basically providing a public service... By stringing Nicole along indefinitely, he keeps her off the market, preventing her from sucking any other unsuspecting targets, I mean, men, into the vortex left behind by the massive amount of air being sucked in one ear and out the other through her completely empty head.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

By stringing Nicole along indefinitely, he keeps her off the market

Nicole's next step...come home from Grenada...pregnant....Azan will be totally stuck in her web!

• Useful 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

"Piss poor gold digger" because she told her mark that he was her soulmate?  Have you ever met a gold digger?  That's *exactly* how you reel 'em in!  Oooh, Coltee, your dick is *sooo* big I'm not sure I can handle it!!!

Larissa told us that Coltee told her she could buy whatever she wanted--I'm thinking specifically about the couch--as long as Debbie came along with her.  *Not* as long as Debbie approved.  I'm assuming Debbie had to be there to use the credit card or write the check.  We've learned that Larissa wasn't even allowed to choose her own clothing!  And from the looks of her clothing it's clear that Coltee wanted a sex doll, not a wife.

Piss poor gold digger because her mark has no gold, duh. Since when does anyone owe her shit? She’s a grown woman who makes her own choices. So honorable! 😂

Edited by LellePCC
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Waiting to see what triggers the second Coltee and Larisa altercation where she gets arrested  again.  I wonder if that will be shown.

If it’s not with Colt it’ll be with someone else. She is a manipulator who is willing to use self-harm to get people in trouble. That is a serious red flag and nobody should consider themselves safe from her vitriol. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

You think much better of colt than I do. I fully expect that she will be asked to pay half the grocery bill, a portion of the utilities and half of any restaurant tab, with the constant reasoning being "well, you have money now"

The difference is that the “evidence” against Colt is hearsay from Larissa and speculation from the audience due to his frugal spending. The evidence against Larissa is physical, such as police reports, photos, and videos of her behavior. And I do remember their interactions from when they first started off, thanks. 

• Love 2
On 5/20/2019 at 6:48 AM, Elizzikra said:

The only way I could see "handyman" supporting their family in a meaningful way would be if he got a job as maintenance at an apartment complex and he and Libby got a break on the rent in an apartment in the same complex. But that's about the situation he had with Daddy Warbucks so who knows..

LOL...Daddy Warbucks!  That made me snort laugh!!!

• LOL 1
On 5/20/2019 at 6:58 AM, Pondlass1 said:

The fakeness and contrived drama is actually spoiling this 90D franchise for me.  They don't need to ramp it up - these folk are crazy enough all on their own.

Yes, the Libby & Andre story is one of the most over the top, far-fetched tales I've seen on this show. Come one...who the hell turns down a FREE HOUSE??!! And then asks the person who offered you the free house for cash to pay for the deposit on your new place?? That is just ludicrous. Especially when you have NO JOB to pay rent!  I'm starting to feel insulted as a viewer.  It's getting so unreal that I can't even pretend to believe any of this ridiculousness. Not as fun to watch.

I like Pillow Talk better. At least I feel like I can commiserate with them as we all watch the show together in bed. 😄

• Love 8

Do none of these people think before getting pregnant? 

Libby and Andrei dob’t have a pot to piss in that belongs to them, but decide this is the right time to get pregnant.

Asuelu and Kalani  are depending on the generosity of family to survive yet decide to have a second child. 

Russ and Pao, their marriage is teetering on the brink of divorce, they can’t compromise on where they’ll live and Pao can’t stand his family and he disapproves of her cuh-reer choice. But hey let’s have a baby!!!!

Fuck up your own lives but why bring kids into it? Get your shit together people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, SallySarue said:

Yes, the Libby & Andre story is one of the most over the top, far-fetched tales I've seen on this show. Come one...who the hell turns down a FREE HOUSE??!! And then asks the person who offered you the free house for cash to pay for the deposit on your new place?? That is just ludicrous. Especially when you have NO JOB to pay rent!  I'm starting to feel insulted as a viewer.  It's getting so unreal that I can't even pretend to believe any of this ridiculousness. Not as fun to watch.

I like Pillow Talk better. At least I feel like I can commiserate with them as we all watch the show together in bed. 😄

Maybe those that run the K1 program should do some deeper investigations? From the looks of things these idiots are making it look like a joke. 

• Love 1