Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: A Break Is Necessary

• Start Topic

I don’t know any white woman who would tolerate her husband supporting his mother and sister with nicer lodging than her.   Pedro is sending more than $150/month home.  If he’s working two jobs, then one paycheck is going home to the DR.  I can see why Chantel is salty about this.   No Mother Pedro, your son isn’t living in the DR anymore, so he’s not obligated to follow DR customs.  

Well then, let me introduce myself. I'm a white woman and I don't have a problem with it. I think it's actually nice that Pedro takes responsibility for his family. Chantel has plenty. She isn't suffering.

I think Coltee should have given Larissa the bag.  He owes it to her after sending her to jail and then court. 

Hell no. First, he can't afford it. She knows he can't afford it. She needs to start aligning her expectations with their financial reality. Second - she's not blameless. Yes, he called the police. Yes, she did something to warrant that. It wasn't the only time. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Who goes to a job interview in shorts and a t-shirt and an attitude?

I couldn't believe how he was dressed. Everyone in that office was dressed to the nines. Then he asks the interviewer what would happen if he refused a job. From the get-go he's offering as little effort as possible. What a leech.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I get so mad at this show! Pedro and Chantel just need to end it now. Andrei and his forgettable baby mama - UGH! I couldn’t believe she’s catering to his ridiculous pride by moving out of their free house, then having the GALL to ask daddy to fund their tantrum? I’d tell my kids to f-off with that. How is Andrei the Giant planning to be a handyman when he refused to lift a finger at their free house!? Sorry, but I have always found him frightening, his demeanor screams wife beater to me.

Colt and Larissa are so ridiculous. If he were to get her the bag, she would just find more and more that she wants.

What was with the 90 Day - What Now tacked on for the last hour? Have they always done that? 8:00-11:00 is just too much of a time investment for these tired morons. Bring on the new couples!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pedro sends his family a fairly small amount of money, something like $150 a month. His mother is a lawyer.

When we first met Pedro's family, they were all living in a tiny one bedroom apartment in a dodgy neighborhood. Pedro used to sleep on the couch and they were basically living off his wages as a tourism worker.  So, I highly doubt that his mother is a lawyer.  A notary public or a paralegal maybe, but most definitely not a lawyer.

Based on the storylines, I am starting to believe that this show is fake and that it's all manufactured drama. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I’m not sure what rents are in the DR, but I am damn sure It hey are way less than the US. Pedro is helping out his family by sending home 150 bucks a month. This is a relative pittance. Some people  have a cable bill that is higher than that. Chantel’s monthly beauty routine is 150 at a minimum for the hair, lashes, nails. If it’s OK for her to indulge her self, we should be more than OK with Pedro sending $150 to his mom and sister. If it’s OK for her to indulge herself, we should be more than OK with Pedro sending $150 to his mom and sister.  I never see Pedro throwing that expenditure in her face. And maybe Pedro’s mother and his sister have a four bedroom apartment so that Pedro always has a room at home when he goes for a visit, and maybe they want to have a room for Abuela if she becomes so infirm that  she can’t live by herself in the country anymore.

And we just moved to the Atlanta area about eight months ago. Let me be real clear that rents and housing are super pricey here. Before we found our house, we looked at apartments in the Decatur area that were $3500 to $5000 a month for a three bedroom! Pedro’s $150 a month ain’t going to do much to improve Chantel’s lifestyle in the ATL. Whereas $150 a month makes a huge difference in DR living. Also, we don’t see Pedro pursuing expensive hobbies or harassing Chantal about how much money she’s bringing in or how much money she is spending on her clothes and make up.

Normally, a man who works two jobs to help support his mother and sister would be considered a good, responsible guy, and a good catch. I wonder if Pedro were white and born in Atlanta if the impression of him would be different. 

I have been more than impressed by Pedro's work ethic. He seems to be about the only imported spouse (or born in America spouse for that matter) in this franchise to have found work quickly and worked steadily. However, we don't know how much he earns, so we don't know what percentage of what he makes goes to his family in the form of rent and gifts. (Remembering that giant TV and how demanding his mother was  regarding it when practically the first words out of her mouth when he arrived were "Where's my TV?")

He does have an expensive hobby, though. Check out his gaming computer and its accessories.

I figure Chantal's hair, etc. are probably subsidized by the show. She is also no slouch at working. She is both working and attending school, so it's not as though she is sitting around expecting him to provide everything for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

When we first met Pedro's family, they were all living in a tiny one bedroom apartment in a dodgy neighborhood. Pedro used to sleep on the couch and they were basically living off his wages as a tourism worker.  So, I highly doubt that his mother is a lawyer.  A notary public or a paralegal maybe, but most definitely not a lawyer.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2018/07/pedro-jimeno-mother-sister-lydia-mom/

https://marriedbiography.com/pedro-jimeno-reality-tv-star-90-day-fiance-show-wiki-career_relationship-bio/

• Love 3

Re:  Libby and Andrei (I am dumbfounded by how she pronounces his name; she gets that rolled "r" in there but it somehow just slides out):  Father Libby didn't really give them that house to live in for free.  Andrei was supposed to do handy-man work and maintenance on it in lieu of rent.  He apparently fell down in his obligations (what the hell was he doing all day then?  He says he has tools and god knows he has time), since Father Libby says that now he'll have to hire someone to do the work Andrei was supposed to do.  Andrei doesn't seem to understand--or maybe he pretends not to for the plot's sake--that his labor was the "rent" he was paying to Father Libby.  So no wonder Father Libby was pissed that the lawn was mowed--that was rent money that he wasn't being paid.

Libby and Andrei both seem spoiled and entitled.  Maybe Andrei was hot shit in Moldava or Ireland, but he's cold farts in the US.  And Libby seems to have everything handed to her on a silver platter.  So this pair decides to bring a new life into the world because we can't get enough of that genetic material.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, LellePCC said:

Larissa “deserves” absolutely nothing. Relationships aren’t about who can get what out of the other person. How quickly we forget that she gave herself self-inflicted wounds because she is just as involved in the drama as Colt is. 

In this case, I disagree.   There is no love between them.   A deal was brokered.  Colt made promises to get her here to essentially provide him sex.  He really hasn’t followed through on any promises.  Just for dealing with Colt and his mom, Larissa deserves more than what she has received.   Sorry, Coltee, nothing is for free.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Nicole's "friend": Up until now I thought Azan was the one for Nicole.

I thought it strange watching Nicole and her friend interact. Nichole behaves as if she is 12 years old while her friend behaves as an adult. However she is smart enough not to ask things which would cause Nicole to shut down in her temper tantrum way she uses with family.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Larissa getting lip injections and Coltee sitting there with his big ole' moobs saying she looks sexy. I can't with these people. 

A smarter man would realize that, in a shitty marriage, self improvement procedures (no matter how ill advised) can be part of an exit strategy.

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

If Pedro's mother is a lawyer, then I am the Secretary of State.

I wonder if lawyer in PR is different from lawyer on the mainland?

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

In this case, I disagree.   There is no love between them.   A deal was brokered.  Colt made promises to get her here to essentially provide him sex.  He really hasn’t followed through on any promises.  Just for dealing with Colt and his mom, Larissa deserves more than what she has received.   Sorry, Coltee, nothing is for free.  

You had originally stated that she somehow earned a prize for getting thrown in jail, but she was equally culpable for that mess. Her thinly veiled prostitution is a separate issue altogether. If she wanted money out of a relationship she should’ve found someone who had some. 

Edited by LellePCC
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Christina, you are right on with this:

I kind of flipped back and forth to this episode and it's practically unwatchable. Every one of these couples should not have been cast. Colt/Larissa and Ashley/Jay have completely played out online months ago, and there is some serious rewriting of history for several of the others. The fact Sharp is continuing the Nicole/Azan farce is insulting to me as a viewer and they are both seriously unlikable. Libby's story is fake as hell and she's probably trying to land some more acting jobs with this show on her reels. 

I feel like everyone is just trying to hold on to get whatever money they get per episode and there is just a bunch of rehashed crap happening. The leads are all starting to associate more and more with reality tv fame and are willing to do whatever it takes to be a "tv star" for as long as possible. 

The story lines of Fernanda and Pao are great examples -- people who are trying to capitalize off the fame they get from the show by living in cities versus the rural places their men want to live. They won't get nearly the glory they want in the small towns. They want to be reality celebs who get invited to big bars and other "celebrity appearances" to make $. On one hand, they're pretty smart to do that while they can, but on the other, it shows that their appearances on the show is less about romance and more about opportunity. 

• Love 12
(edited)
14 minutes ago, LellePCC said:

You had originally stated that she somehow earned a prize for getting thrown in jail, but she was equally culpable for that mess. Her thinly veiled prostitution is a separate issue altogether. If she wanted money out of a relationship she should’ve found someone who had some. 

She thought she had.  Single, software engineer with no kids?  I'm from this country and I would assume he had a decent amount of money especially if he lived with his mom.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

She thought she had.  Single, software engineer with no kids?  I'm from this country and I would assume he had a decent amount of money especially if he lived with his mom.

I think she just heard what she wanted to hear. She knew he lived with his mom and couldn’t afford to change her plane ticket before she ever arrived. Two red flags that he was definitely not wealthy.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LellePCC said:

I think she just heard what she wanted to hear. She knew he lived with his mom and couldn’t afford to change her plane ticket before she ever arrived. Two red flags that he was definitely not wealthy.

I'm not poor, and I live a decent life and I would balk at paying 900 to change a ticket just because it's wasted money.  It's the same reason I refuse to pay ten cents for a bag.  I have ten cents, but it's nonsensical!

Even living with his mom could have been sold as something he was doing because he didn't have a significant other.

I think these would be...rebuttable presumptions...that would have been rebutted by a Google search of average salary for a software engineer.  He should be making good money.

• Love 10
(edited)

Except for the fact that he told her he didn’t have unlimited funds during their video chat. He explained that he couldn’t do the plane ticket change, not that it was a waste. 

I thought she was greedy and selfish during that conversation and she hasn’t done a single thing to change my mind. 😂

Edited by LellePCC
  • Love 8

Pedro’s mom supposedly is a lawyer.  This....she doesn’t make a lot of money is kinda bullshit to me.  As a lawyer she should be middle class in her country.

It is the DR not freakin Cuba! A lawyer should make enough money for safe decent housing, basic bills and send their child to a private school. She should be able to afford a car, too. 

So, there was some website that proved she was indeed a lawyer.  So, who knows why she cannot afford an apartment.....???

As a lawyer she is at least college educated.....so, opportunities for another good job/career is there for her. 

If Pedro is taking care of that apartment with utilities it is a lot more than $150.

It is closer to $1,000.  Utilities tend to be expensive in the Caribbean.  At least $100 per month.

The mom should be making at least $1,000 a month and the Sister should be bringing in money, too. 

I always thought it was all fake and they were all sharing the money from TLC.  Hence, the new car, new apartment, new boobs, braces, etc.

Family de Chantel also asked to be part of their storyline......bc, now look.....people posting they have their own reality show.

They are all in on it.......and, the visits to the DR (which happen every season....Sister coming to ATL last season)......and, they got what they wanted! 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, LellePCC said:

Except for the fact that he told her he didn’t have unlimited funds during their video chat. He explained that he couldn’t do the plane ticket change, not that it was a waste. 

I thought she was greedy and selfish during that conversation and she hasn’t done a single thing to change my mind. 😂

I remember the conversation being him saying he wouldn't do it.  And even if you don't have money to do a $900 plane ticket change, it may not mean you have no money, you're just not like bezos rich.

And even at that point she had too much skin in the game to give him up.

• Love 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I remember the conversation being him saying he wouldn't do it.  And even if you don't have money to do a $900 plane ticket change, it may not mean you have no money, you're just not like bezos rich.

Sorry, don’t buy it. It means you definitely don’t have money for $3000 Chanel’s. And her true colors are out now anyway. “Wives are the most expensive prostitutes”? Really? She didn’t talk like that before she arrived. She was the misleading one. She’s always been greedy and money-hungry. She’s just not very good at it. 

Edited by LellePCC
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, LellePCC said:

Sorry, don’t buy it. It means you definitely don’t have money for $3000 Chanel’s. And her true colors are out now anyway. “Wives are the most expensive prostitutes.” She’s always been greedy and money-hungry. She’s just not very good at it. 

This was the same time she was on GFM begging for money to pay for her legal fees.

We already know this won’t be the last of the altercations and arrests.

She is a hooker.  Colt bought her.  Used her.  Divorced her.

Where is Larissa now?

The reunion gonna be fun!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Based on the storylines, I am starting to believe that this show is fake and that it's all manufactured drama. 

19 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Pedro’s mom supposedly is a lawyer.  This....she doesn’t make a lot of money is kinda bullshit to me.  As a lawyer she should be middle class in her country.

It is the DR not freakin Cuba! A lawyer should make enough money for safe decent housing, basic bills and send their child to a private school. She should be able to afford a car, too. 

So, there was some website that proved she was indeed a lawyer.  So, who knows why she cannot afford an apartment.....???

As a lawyer she is at least college educated.....so, opportunities for another good job/career is there for her. 

If Pedro is taking care of that apartment with utilities it is a lot more than $150.

It is closer to $1,000.  Utilities tend to be expensive in the Caribbean.  At least $100 per month.

The mom should be making at least $1,000 a month and the Sister should be bringing in money, too. 

I always thought it was all fake and they were all sharing the money from TLC.  Hence, the new car, new apartment, new boobs, braces, etc.

Family de Chantel also asked to be part of their storyline......bc, now look.....people posting they have their own reality show.

They are all in on it.......and, the visits to the DR (which happen every season....Sister coming to ATL last season)......and, they got what they wanted! 

Comparing the earning potential for someone in the US to someone holding the same job in another country leads to some misconceptions, I suspect.  Even within the US, salaries for attorneys similarly employed vary greatly based on location.  Also, as an attorney myself, I can tell you the stereotype most people have of attorneys is not very accurate - and that includes the idea we're all making a fortune. In fact, as the job market for attorneys continues to shrink and student loan debt continues to rise, most newer attorneys I know are getting by, at best.

In other words, I don't find it shocking that she could be an attorney while at the same time unable to support herself well. What I find unbelievable about her, personally, is how it's possible to be so freaking insufferable. Of course, this show has a special talent for collecting the most insufferable people out there and bringing them to us every Sunday night....and that's exactly why I love watching! (-:

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

This was the same time she was on GFM begging for money to pay for her legal fees.

We already know this won’t be the last of the altercations and arrests.

She is a hooker.  Colt bought her.  Used her.  Divorced her.

Where is Larissa now?

The reunion gonna be fun!

They both have no business in romantic relationships until they get some serious therapy. So unhealthy and dysfunctional. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Comparing the earning potential for someone in the US to someone holding the same job in another country leads to some misconceptions, I suspect.  Even within the US, salaries for attorneys similarly employed vary greatly based on location.  Also, as an attorney myself, I can tell you the stereotype most people have of attorneys is not very accurate - and that includes the idea we're all making a fortune. In fact, as the job market for attorneys continues to shrink and student loan debt continues to rise, most newer attorneys I know are getting by, at best.

In other words, I don't find it shocking that she could be an attorney while at the same time unable to support herself well. What I find unbelievable about her, personally, is how it's possible to be so freaking insufferable. Of course, this show has a special talent for collecting the most insufferable people out there and bringing them to us every Sunday night....and that's exactly why I love watching! (-:

I am from the Caribbean and if this woman is a lawyer she should be living middle class and afford all the basics.

(Same as a teacher in America.  We know they don’t make a lot.....but, make enough for the basics....and, live middle class.)

I mean plenty of other people afford the basics in the Caribbean without college degrees....working at Walmart, restaurants, hotels, etc.

If Mama Pedro cannot make enough as a lawyer she can look at many well paying (non-legal) business administration jobs all over the island....working for government agencies, university and corporate companies.

If people really think it only cost $150 a month to live in the Caribbean.....Hahahahahahahahaha! 

Then why are we still working  hard in USA?  Let’s all go be beach bums on the Caribbean shores!  👙🌴🥭

Plus, this woman only has 2 kids to raise.  Both old enough to work on their own for quite some time.  

Anyhoo!  The storyline started out genuine in season one.....but, they have all managed to exploit it for their own gain.  Now, I think the fight was staged. 

The reason we saw Chantel driving Pedro to the airport for a month long stay.......is to introduce his DR family life on the spin-off show.

This is the announcement:

The family members featured in the upcoming show include Chantel's parents Karen and Thomas, siblings River and Winter, and Pedro's mother Lidia and sister Nicole.

The whole season is fake.  We have already seen too much on social media.

Plus, we know Libby is already wanting a spin-off with her sister.....just like the Asuelos.  Daddy mighty pleasant this season! LMAO

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, renatae said:

He does have an expensive hobby, though. Check out his gaming computer and its accessories.

Those are one time sunk costs....kinda like Chantel’s engagement ring and  bewbie jobs. 😉

I figure Chantal's hair, etc. are probably subsidized by the show. She is also no slouch at working. She is both working and attending school, so it's not as though she is sitting around expecting him to provide everything for her.

The show only films them for a couple of weeks at a time. Her beauty regimen requires weekly maintenance.

And Pedro is working two jobs and improving his English. He isn’t sitting around either expecting her to provide for him. 

That’s my whole point. Both work. Both should be able to spend a certain amount of discretionary income as they see fit. What continues to amaze me is how Chantel gets a pass to spend money on what she wants, but Pedro, for whatever reason, is not granted the same leeway to do so as Chantel.

It’s that double standard of what we expect of the foreign spouse’s  behavior vs. the American spouse that I find so fascinating. 

I really hope we are as hard on the American spouses when they go abroad in 90 Days The Other Way.  It will be interesting to know everybody’s reaction when the shoe is on the other foot.

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 14

First time around, I was Team Andrei. Daddy Libby would be all, "I'm not paying for this," and Ahn-dray would reply with, "okay, I will and we won't see you." You know, Ahn-dray -- that only works when you can follow through. Libby's an idiot for playing along. Ahn-dray's an idiot and/or lazy for not taking an actual job. And for showing up in shorts -- although it's possible that he's running out of clothes that fit, esp. if he won't buy used. I think he's put on more pregnancy pounds than his wife.

Elizabeth's sister was like a more bug-eyed version of her. I found it a bit unsettling. 

Really, no one is likable this whole season. 

Perhaps Nicole and Azan will get captured by terrorists, and then we can have no one pay to release them, and someone can raise May and actually engage with her and teach her things. Judging by Nicole, there's not much hope.

Family Chantel are crazy. I can't think of a more unlikable set of people to put on TV except for almost every other TV family on TLC. Seems to be a commonality among the fame whores.

4 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Ashley and Jay's segments are the fakest of all. Ashley is a terrible actress and can't even control her smirks/smiles.

The one positive thing I'll say for Ashley is that her kids aren't a part of the show. Perhaps that was the other parent keeping them off. Regardless of the reason, I do give her points for that.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I wonder if Pedro were white and born in Atlanta if the impression of him would be different.  

I'm sorry, but the implication that my opinion about their situation is based on racism is insulting to me.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I think Pedro’s mom is a lawyer. But lawyer doesn’t mean good income in the DR. Or here, for that matter.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LellePCC said:

Sorry, don’t buy it. It means you definitely don’t have money for $3000 Chanel’s. And her true colors are out now anyway. “Wives are the most expensive prostitutes”? Really? She didn’t talk like that before she arrived. She was the misleading one. She’s always been greedy and money-hungry. She’s just not very good at it. 

I believe the trade is implicit.  If you strive to buy a trophy wife then yeah, I can see her point of view.  It's a trade, financial support for sex and someone who is way, way, way out of your league physically.  It's not a romantic view of marriage, but this isn't a romantic marriage on either side.

I actually think colt probably was more misleading.  Because her game is easy, she wants to trade her youth, looks and sex for a comfortable life.  I'm sure she had her sexy pics on a lot of websites and was reeling 'em in.  That makes sense.  But you would only go with the guy who made the best offer, and so I believe Colt told her all sorts of things which she later parotted back, like she can have whatever she wants when she arrives, and very likely that the only reason he lived with Mom was because he didn't have a significant other to make a home with.  

13 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

I think Pedro’s mom is a lawyer. But lawyer doesn’t mean good income in the DR. Or here, for that matter.

This is true, but it's generally at least a income that allows for some level of independence.  Especially if she has built up a client base.  Oh well, it's all a mystery.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Those are one time sunk costs....kinda like Chantel’s engagement ring and  bewbie jobs. 😉

The show only films them for a couple of weeks at a time. Her beauty regimen requires weekly maintenance.

And Pedro is working two jobs and improving his English. He isn’t sitting around either expecting her to provide for him. 

That’s my whole point. Both work. Both should be able to spend a certain amount of discretionary income as they see fit. What continues to amaze me is how Chantel gets a pass to spend money on what she wants, but Pedro, for whatever reason, is not granted the same leeway to do so as Chantel.

It’s that double standard of what we expect of the foreign spouse’s  behavior vs. the American spouse that I find so fascinating. 

I really hope we are as hard on the American spouses when they go abroad in 90 Days The Other Way.  It will be interesting to know everybody’s reaction when the shoe is on the other foot.

I've been on YouTube and while I can't..a lot of girls can really knock it out of the park doing their own hair and makeup.

Assuming a weave (and I do), you should get that redone every 6-8 weeks.  When I got weaves they were like $200-225 for the install and I paid like about $300 for the hair.  So, like 550 every two months.  That's like 225 a month, and Pedro sends home $150 a month, so yeah, that kinda makes sense.

The hair is really the big recurring cost.  I assume she buys her collection of spandex dresses at Forever 21 or Styles 4 Less so that can't be much.  She may do those lashes herself because they are ridiculous. 

Makeup is an expense, but her skin looks reasonable, so even if she uses something high end it probably lasts her a while.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This is true, but it's generally at least a income that allows for some level of independence.  Especially if she has built up a client base.  Oh well, it's all a mystery.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Pedro’s mom is an opportunist and greedy (didn’t she send him to live with Grandma when he was a kid? She didn’t even raise him!) I also think expecting your young son to support you when you are able-bodied and educated is not cool, but that’s cultural. But yeah, I suspect what she makes doesn’t pay for multiple bedrooms, utilities, electronics, pageant dresses, flat irons, or any of the many other things Pedro is expected to bring when he comes home. All of which cost more than $150.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I've been on YouTube and while I can't..a lot of girls can really knock it out of the park doing their own hair and makeup.

Assuming a weave (and I do), you should get that redone every 6-8 weeks.  When I got weaves they were like $200-225 for the install and I paid like about $300 for the hair.  So, like 550 every two months.  That's like 225 a month, and Pedro sends home $150 a month, so yeah, that kinda makes sense.

The hair is really the big recurring cost.  I assume she buys her collection of spandex dresses at Forever 21 or Styles 4 Less so that can't be much.  She may do those lashes herself because they are ridiculous. 

Makeup is an expense, but her skin looks reasonable, so even if she uses something high end it probably lasts her a while.  

I think she wears removable false lashes. If those are lash extensions, they are expensive - $350-$500 for the initial application and $150-$200 every 2 weeks to get them filled in. Nails I’m thinking $50-$80 very 2-3 weeks.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I wish I could like this post a hundred times. Especially this last part. Chantel's family made Pedro sign a pre-nup, since they were positive he'd try and get his grubby foreign fingers on Chantel's riches. It was made very clear to him from Day One that what was hers, was hers. So why shouldn't a tiny fraction of what's Pedro's be his, to dispose of as he sees fit?  This is what they chose and how they advised their daughter to proceed. Do they really expect Pedro to hand over his pay packet and have Chantel give him an allowance, while she uses the money to buy herself some more eyelashes or a few more skin tight dresses from Forever 21?

And if Chantel wants a four bedroom apartment, I'm sure they could move to Santo Domingo. I live in Massachusetts, rents and house prices are out of control here. If I had family in South Dakota or Arkansas who had a much nicer house than I do, I would understand that the housing dollar goes a lot further there. What is Chantel's malfunction? The fact that she resents the hell out of the fact that her in laws live in a nice place speaks volumes about what a petty, nasty, self centered little shrew she is.

Totally agree. Even with Pedro sending some money to DR, Chantal managed to get herself some new titties. Hopefully Pedro will enjoy his visit home without the princess and her nutso family! 

• Love 1
(edited)

Larissa started this whole thing out saying she was in love and that Coltee was her soulmate,  not that this was some transaction. She’s a piss poor gold digger and it didn’t take long for her true colors to come to light. I disagree that colt was hiding his intentions. Perhaps Larissa was too hyper focused on that green card to notice the red flags.

Edited by LellePCC
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, LellePCC said:

To be fair, we don't know what *any* of these guys told their sex dolls about how much money they had.  If Anfisa's story is true, what's-his-name told her he was a millionaire.  George, that's it.  And we've been talking about how much further a US dollar goes in SA countries; even if Larissa had researched what a software engineer makes--over $100,000 annually median pay, average pay over $80,000 according to this site https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Software_Engineer/Salary ,which is the first one that came up in my google search--she would have felt she'd hit the sex doll jackpot.

I'm not sure that "living with my mother" means the same thing in other countries.  In the US, I think of creepy misfit living in the basement; elsewhere it might mean his mother has her own suite in his big house.  Again, we just don't know what Larissa had been led to believe.

• Love 8

Maybe Pedro should quit work and stay home all day. Chantel is on the hook to support him for 10 years. I’d love to see Mother Chantels face when she finds out the prenup she was so sure was going to protect her family fortune from being harvested isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. Maybe then they’ll at least appreciate his contribution to the family even if he sends part of it to the DR. Actually he could send it all to the DR and Chantel would still have to put a roof over his head and feed him. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think Coltie is El Cheapo. If he wants the big breasted, big lipped, big assed woman it’s gonna cost him plenty. He better get used to it.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I think Coltie is El Cheapo. If he wants the big breasted, big lipped, big assed woman it’s gonna cost him plenty. He better get used to it.  

He brought her here without those things, So  I don’t think they were prerequisites. She’s got 200 a month to spend on herself, go wild Larissa!! 

• LOL 4

What the fuck was Andray expecting?? I guess getting a job in Moldyville is much easier than here in the US where they have the nerve to require 6 months experience before they set you lose on the interstate with a 50 ton trailer. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pedro sends his family a fairly small amount of money, something like $150 a month. His mother is a lawyer. Presumably the money he sends helps with expenses for the extended family, like his abuela who lives out in the countryside. I think that this is something to be admired, not derided. Chantel is a very selfish and spoiled little girl.

When we first met Chantel, what, a hundred years ago, she was in nursing school. Perhaps she's finally finished and has a job in some doctor's office? I cannot imagine her doing shift work at a hospital.

I thought she worked part time at her parents’ “cheerleading school.”  That may be why she always takes their side.  Don’t bite the hand that feeds. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I agree with you.  I recall the oncall trucking paid like 38 c/mile and if he got 2000 miles/week it would pay (showing calculator) $760/wk...well that could be $39k/year, ahem, 39k more than he's making NOW.

If he’s going to sit in a truck, he wants BEEG money.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

If Ashley is seriously still trying to figure out if Jay was using her for a green card, she’s just too stupid to be raising children. The baby daddy should get those kids away from her ASAP!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LellePCC said:

Larissa started this whole thing out saying she was in love and that Coltee was her soulmate,  not that this was some transaction. She’s a piss poor gold digger and it didn’t take long for her true colors to come to light. I disagree that colt was hiding his intentions. Perhaps Larissa was too hyper focused on that green card to notice the red flags.

When did she say that?  Both she and Colt know the rules of the game they are playing.

Do you really think that Colt loves her?  Or she loves him?  

I don't think colt hid his intentions at all.  He wanted a sex doll that was way out of his league physically.  This is very clear.  He knows that physically he is more in league with that girl who had the rainbow purse and frankly she is out of his league too.

I think he hid his situation with the intent to mislead Larissa and get her to drop the other fish she had on the hook.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

He brought her here without those things, So  I don’t think they were prerequisites. She’s got 200 a month to spend on herself, go wild Larissa!! 

Ha ha, she will be expected to pay for every single thing in the world out of that $200.  Colt will go dutch on meals out and he will probably run a tab on every household item she uses.

Hopefully she can start to squirrel away a little money every month.  And I really hope she can start working soon.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, nytonc said:

What the fuck was Andray expecting?? I guess getting a job in Moldyville is much easier than here in the US where they have the nerve to require 6 months experience before they set you lose on the interstate with a 50 ton trailer. 

I blame Libby for all of this.  She is a grade a shit stirrer.  After that conversation with her dad about the lawn she came straight home and relayed the conversation to Andrei with the worst possible tone and made it sound terrible....thereby making herself a victim.

I don't think she realized how poorly he would react and that he would demand to move out of the house.  She just thought she could stir up some shit between the two of them and it backfired on her.

If she wasn't a shit stirrer, she would have come home and just said "I spoke to my dad, he was saying the grass was a little long, do you think we could find a way to get it done this weekend?"

And his idea of doing handywork isn't awful, but does he have to be licensed?  I really don't know.  But if he can do it legally maybe put some ads on Craigslist/yelp!/Angie's list/home advisor and see what happens.  It is really hard to find a good handyman in my experience and so people will pay good money for someone who is reliable and does a good job.

My mom is a real estate broker and the handy man she uses makes a lot of money off her because she refers so much work his way.

• Love 11
(edited)
15 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

There are many times the fans have sided with the foreign spouse over the "home grown" one.

Firstly, Asuelu and Kalani. Most of the time fans wished they could send her away and keep him. I don't even think he's yet employed. But he loves his family and shows it in many ways.

Steven and his Russian bride. 'Nuff said. Just about everyone at some time or another wanted to deport him and bring her here without his snarling rear.

Michael from Nigeria and Angela. Most cringed at having Angela representing the U.S. in Nigeria and favored him over her.

Many times even the boldly materialistic Larissa managed to get sympathy  votes due to Colt and his mother's behavior toward her.

And yes, many times has Pedro been favored over Chantel. It's been pretty much situational. When her family goes on the attack, people are rightly outraged, because they are outrageous. Pedro has for the most part been a sympathetic character. But as with us all, he has his faults, although for me, when I object, it's usually about his mother and sister's acquisitive, entitled attitude, which I find every bit as abhorrent as any other personality on the show who exhibits the same. 

They seem perfectly capable of working and his mother apparently has a degree, so why is she constantly guilting him into buying her things and otherwise constantly emphasizing that it's his duty while apparently not lifting a finger to support herself? I wonder also why his poor sickly looking abuela has not been invited to take up residence in one of those extra bedrooms. She certainly could use it.

Those are just the ones I recall from the top of my head.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 10