Type keyword(s) to search

Elizabeth & Andrei: Expectant Mother Trucker

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, greekmom said:

He could uber. Hell even Mahammit uber'd.

Unless he has other income, Uber won't pay the bills.  I had a number of friends who did Uber/Lyft.  None currently do.  Some lost money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think Andrei is one of those guys with a hair trigger temper who will act before he thinks.  And too much pride to admit he was wrong.  

I kinda get it if Libby's dad would demand a pound of flesh with the apology.

Because Libby is a shit stirrer who sees value in her husband and her father hating each other she forged ahead.  But, I think it's possible that if she had given him a few days to cool down and made it all sound like it was her idea and good for the baby he might have relented.  He has too much pride to admit to making a mistake, but by making it sound like it's something he is doing for her, Andrei has a way to save face.

Exactly. All of it. 

Andrei, with his intimidation, pride, husband-makes-all-the-rules bravado....is so YOUNG and inexperienced in his thinking and acting. No real life experiences with wife and family (especially in the USA). but thinks he does. It makes me cringe.  

Just cuz you say it’s true, Andrei, doesn’t automatically make it so.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I bet if Andrei could walk down he street and make $300-350 a day , he would do it.

If I were you, I wouldn’t bet my money or my life on that re: Andrei. But you aren’t wrong about Asuelu.

I will say in defense of both Andrei and Asuelu, the American spouse had a duty to have their finances together and set up a home for their foreign spouses who would not be able to work initially. Both Libby and Kahlani failed, and their families are choosing to be burdened with their failures.

• Love 9
(edited)

I watched the new episode today.  I am in the wrong line of work.  I could make more as an on call trucker than I could as a teacher with a master's degree in my state!  It may not be exactly what you want, Andrei, but plenty of people would be happy to have that opportunity to make that kind of money for their family.  Sheesh! And it's only 6 months until advancement??????  Yep, he's an idiot.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I watched the new episode today.  I am in the wrong line of work.  I could make more as an on call trucker than I could as a teacher with a master's degree in my state!  It may not be exactly what you want, Andrei, but plenty of people would be happy to have that opportunity to make that kind of money for their family.  Sheesh! And it's only 6 months until advancement??????  Yep, he's an idiot.

I once went out with a guy who was a transportation manager for McLane.  He said that his drivers could, with experience, make up to 90k a year.  And this was years ago, so it's not a bad gig.  But you have to be willing to work your way up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I once went out with a guy who was a transportation manager for McLane.  He said that his drivers could, with experience, make up to 90k a year.  And this was years ago, so it's not a bad gig.  But you have to be willing to work your way up.

A lot of it depends on your endorsements, and how long you're willing to be out without coming home.

My husband has a B license (smaller trucks that are larger than a box truck but smaller than a tractor trailer and don't have the ability to separate tractor from trailer, or require airbrakes, or specialized smaller trucks, like those that deliver fuel).  He had a job that required HazMat, Airbrake, and Tank endorsements, and he can make decent money, but he's trapped in the "Can't get a job without experience but can't get experience without a job" type things.  The only people in this area willing to take on new drivers are the fuel delivery people (who will lay you off when it gets warm out) or with the natural gas rigs, and they want you to be out for weeks at a time, and drive over night.  Many places start at $18 an hour.  When he was delivering propane, his work week was usually at least 60 hours, and everything above 40 was time and a half.  The gas rig companies pay more.  But the over night part is what disqualifies him - he's on meds that disqualify him from night work.

Tractor trailer drivers can make even more to start - usually over $20.  Even more if they're licensed for HazMat (which requires an FBI background and fingerprint check), Tankers, or Doubles/Triples.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2019 at 11:21 AM, doyouevengohere said:

I know a girl like Libby.  She lived at home and had no real skills or job.  By her mid 30's she was tired of living a teen life and having to answer to mom and dad and waiting around to get married (but no guy wanted a 30 something who let her parents take care of her).  she moved out  and went back to school to get a better job, but she had no idea of how to live on her own or budget or pay for rent ,etc....  A group of girlfriends and I were renting together and tried to help her out by inviting her to room with us after another girl moved out.  SHE HAD NO IDEA HOW THE REAL WORLD WORKED!!!! and her rent was always late if paid at all; and this was rent that was split between 4 people so it was really cheap.  We had to sit down with her and explain that if you can't pay rent you will be evicted.  she got mad and had a tantrum because everyone is so mean.  We were all like, you are near 40 , make better choices with money and live below what you are making; if you don't like paying cheap rent for the full use of a huge house; then you really won't like trying to rent soley by yourself and paying more.

The problem with this show now is that you're above story is way more interesting than this show is! I actually want to know what happened to this girl you talk about. Conversely, I do not want to know even the smallest minutae about the asshats that are Libby and Andrrrrrrei.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

The problem with this show now is that you're above story is way more interesting than this show is! I actually want to know what happened to this girl you talk about. Conversely, I do not want to know even the smallest minutae about the asshats that are Libby and Andrrrrrrei.

Ha!  She's still out there still not understanding how the world works!  We no longer speak because she got mad at me: I moved out and bought a house.  I lived there for 5 years and then got married and my husband and I moved to another state for his job.  I still own the home and right now it's a rental property that brings in income.  When she found out I was moving and planning to rent the house, she BEGGED me to let her rent it.  UM , that was a no.  She even wanted me to rent it to her for like far far less to help her out (and she thought I would do it!)  I said no and she got mad, unfriended me on FB ,and then talked bad about me to mutual friends (who told me what she was saying).  Anyways, between tenants she sent me a DM whining about how she would love to live there and buttering me up and telling me sob stories.  Honestly, it sounded like she not only wanted to rent for less than asking price, but she wanted to ask me for money. I had my husband read it too and he was like, she wants money and charity.  So, I never answered and blocked her.  I heard through the grapevine that she completed her degree, did an internship , and then cursed out the boss when they didn't give her  a promised job thus shooting herself in the foot in that line of work.  Now she is substitute teaching and I heard she wants to get a teaching degree.  Also, she was in love with this guy who found religion and he started going to a single's ministry and attending the church.  She joined and harassed him all the time.  He actually met a nice young lady at the church and this girl tried to break them up.  If it wasn't so sad it would be comical.  The guy and the church girl got married and she was running her mouth bad mouthing both of them trying to ruin their rep. ( It's a small town; so even though I don't live there anymore I hear about stuff.)  She could have her own reality show, "Clueless in Atlanta".

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Ha!  She's still out there still not understanding how the world works!  We no longer speak because she got mad at me: I moved out and bought a house.  I lived there for 5 years and then got married and my husband and I moved to another state for his job.  I still own the home and right now it's a rental property that brings in income.  When she found out I was moving and planning to rent the house, she BEGGED me to let her rent it.  UM , that was a no.  She even wanted me to rent it to her for like far far less to help her out (and she thought I would do it!)  I said no and she got mad, unfriended me on FB ,and then talked bad about me to mutual friends (who told me what she was saying).  Anyways, between tenants she sent me a DM whining about how she would love to live there and buttering me up and telling me sob stories.  Honestly, it sounded like she not only wanted to rent for less than asking price, but she wanted to ask me for money. I had my husband read it too and he was like, she wants money and charity.  So, I never answered and blocked her.  I heard through the grapevine that she completed her degree, did an internship , and then cursed out the boss when they didn't give her  a promised job thus shooting herself in the foot in that line of work.  Now she is substitute teaching and I heard she wants to get a teaching degree.  Also, she was in love with this guy who found religion and he started going to a single's ministry and attending the church.  She joined and harassed him all the time.  He actually met a nice young lady at the church and this girl tried to break them up.  If it wasn't so sad it would be comical.  The guy and the church girl got married and she was running her mouth bad mouthing both of them trying to ruin their rep. ( It's a small town; so even though I don't live there anymore I hear about stuff.)  She could have her own reality show, "Clueless in Atlanta".

See? ^This right up here^ is so much better than this show could ever hope to be at this point! Thank you for fast forwarding the story for me!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I'd watch a reality show if she was on it.  Her apparent lack of self awareness and impulse control would make her a terrible friend, an awful tenant but spectacular reality TV.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'd watch a reality show if she was on it.  Her apparent lack of self awareness and impulse control would make her a terrible friend, an awful tenant but spectacular reality TV.

This is why I laugh whenever someone says that outlandish storylines are fake.

They just haven’t met the right person in life. Lucky.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 5/20/2019 at 11:24 AM, MajorNelson said:

Andrei and Libby both have some strange limitations in their thinking.  If he has a green card, then he could certainly do some research and find a decent job, whether bartending or construction or whatever.  But I guess perhaps he prefers the gravy train.  She on the other hand is so tied to her father, she can't even cut one apron string without adding another.

Even if he got a job stocking shelves at Walmart, he'd make more money than he does now, which is none!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 5/22/2019 at 1:20 PM, brillia79 said:

If I were you, I wouldn’t bet my money or my life on that re: Andrei. But you aren’t wrong about Asuelu.

I will say in defense of both Andrei and Asuelu, the American spouse had a duty to have their finances together and set up a home for their foreign spouses who would not be able to work initially. Both Libby and Kahlani failed, and their families are choosing to be burdened with their failures.

It isn't an accident that Libby and Kalani attracted people like themselves who have no desire or intention to conduct themselves like adults.  What I don't understand is why their parents, and in particular, their fathers think that any decent men would want to deal with the entitled princesses they raised.  Those decent men want to marry partners not daughters.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)

How do you have such a bad driving record at such young ages? My license has never been suspended nor my registration. I’ve had maybe 10 tickets over 40 plus years of driving. Most were parking tickets, the others for various minor  traffic infractions. I paid them and had no other problems. 

Ironic that Daddy was picked up for failure to pay child support and yet here he is paying is grown ass daughter’s rent. 

Also ironic that daddy wouldn’t  support his own kids, but is up in Andrei’s business about how he intends to pay for his kid. Andrei ought to tell him.... I’ll let his mom support him, like you did. 

I wonder what his excuse is... 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 13

I was chatting with my friend and I wondered if Libby didn’t want Andrei working as a bouncer/bartender because she didn’t want him out late at night around other women drinking and partying 🙄

Look my family is old school. If you are grown enough to choose to breed and marry you’re old enough to pay your OWN WAY 100%!! Not that my parents weren’t generous with me- they paid my way through college, gave me a monthly allowance; when I was in law school my Mom paid part of my rent because she wanted me to live close by and not have a roommate. However I was expected to BEHAVE, get excellent grades and do her bidding when asked. Had I dared spoken to my Mom like Libby spoke to her Dad as a 33 yrs old adult when she lives in MY building she would’ve slapped the black off of me. 

They raised a monster. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I was chatting with my friend and I wondered if Libby didn’t want Andrei working as a bouncer/bartender because she didn’t want him out late at night around other women drinking and partying 🙄

Look my family is old school. If you are grown enough to choose to breed and marry you’re old enough to pay your OWN WAY 100%!! Not that my parents weren’t generous with me- they paid my way through college, gave me a monthly allowance; when I was in law school my Mom paid part of my rent because she wanted me to live close by and not have a roommate. However I was expected to BEHAVE, get excellent grades and do her bidding when asked. Had I dared spoken to my Mom like Libby spoke to her Dad as a 33 yrs old adult when she lives in MY building she would’ve slapped the black off of me. 

They raised a monster. 

She's a good representative of the snowflake generation.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Sokoke said:

Oops, I should have said she is a good rep of a snowflake.  Didn't mean to generalize the whole millennial generation.

Oh I know! I’m says she’s in a class all her own. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

They raised a monster. 

I know, right?  I can't even think of the consequences because I can't even envision that sort of thing happening.

As they say "you pay the cost to be the boss," if you want to dictate shit and talk smack that's cool, but, to me, that's a right you get when you prove that you're an adult by working and paying your bills.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

"Don't terrorize me with your pregnancy"!!!  Did I really hear Andre eee  shout that to the lovely Elizabeth?

I just about died! 

That could not have been scripted. 

Even if I were to assume producer intervention, his adlib was fantastic!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I just about died! 

That could not have been scripted. 

Even if I were to assume producer intervention, his adlib was fantastic!

"Don't terrorize me with your pregnancy" must be one of the best lines uttered on 90DF. 

As much as I dislike huffy-puffy lazy-ass Andrei, I love him when he's snarky. Especially when the target of his snark is drama queen Libby. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Ugh these two! They are both so lazy, except as it's been said before, Snarky Andrei can be pretty funny.

The only thing NOT lazy about Elizabeth is her blinking. Girl, you got a strong blink game! I've never seen anyone blink so fast and furious as she did when speaking to her father. She's bonkers. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

"Don't terrorize me with your pregnancy" must be one of the best lines uttered on 90DF. 

As much as I dislike huffy-puffy lazy-ass Andrei, I love him when he's snarky. Especially when the target of his snark is drama queen Libby. 

Any stress pregnant Libby is experiencing is 90% her own doing. Loved Andrei shutting her down. 

• Love 14

What are they going to do when Libby is on maternity leave and is not getting a paycheck for 6-8 weeks? I know she will get disability but I never even received my first check until after I already went back to work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

What are they going to do when Libby is on maternity leave and is not getting a paycheck for 6-8 weeks? I know she will get disability but I never even received my first check until after I already went back to work. 

How does one go on maternity leave when one doesn't work?  Let alone get a paycheck?  She is 100% going to the bank of daddy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 5/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, silverspoons said:

I wondered about her and Kalini and how they paid for their pregnancies. I live in the same city as Kalini and here there is just no way she was not on Medicaid unless she paid cash. Kalini is slightly different because she and Asuelu have no income, at least in Utah , you can't buy Obamacare if you have no income , you are forced onto medicaid . I wonder since Elizabeth's dad suggested Andrei work under the table, if he does pay Elizabeth under the table so she could get Medicaid? or he could have a policy for her but then he would be paying the premuims and deductibles and he seems like a lets find a way around it kind of guy. 

It is interesting looking at the 2 couples, both have babies and are relying on family with husbands not working. Andrei obviously wants a high wage job, he feels he deserves it? But it seems like in his area of FL, you need an education or experience or just time to get a higher wage job. It seems like Elizabeth would not want to move from her family, and just wants the dream life asap in FL her sisters have.  Where Aseulu lives if you have a pulse you can get a job, if you are an able bodied male and work hard you can make very good money. Andrei would not move and Asuleu lives in free house in a booming area and is not taking a job and having Kalini family pay for everything (and the taxpayer). I find it interesing how loved Asuleu is and hated Andrei is. I do not like Andrei personality but I think as far as work or not working goes, Asuleu is worse, since he could wake up and ride his new boohole bike down the street and make good money but does not. I bet if Andrei could walk down he street and make $300-350 a day , he would do it. Maybe I am wrong. This in no way means I like Andrei (I yell at the TV when they are on) but just a different way to look at it. 

Isn't Asuleu still waiting for his green card? I feel pretty confident he will happily work and provide for his family as much as he can. Surprised by Andrei, though. What the fuck does he do all day?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Isn't Asuleu still waiting for his green card? I feel pretty confident he will happily work and provide for his family as much as he can. Surprised by Andrei, though. What the fuck does he do all day?

I pretty sure he announced he got it already. He believe he mentioned he got it when he did a promotion for a Samoan tourist group? 

He seems to be Oliver's buddy? That kid seems strapped to Asuleu a lot.  Kalini probably likes him helping her around the house.  He does do some dances with a local Samoan group. 

I was like you thought he would be a provider. I was happy to see them have a free home in St George area because it was the ideal place for him, large Samoan community and tons of jobs and ones willing to train a hard working young man to make a decent money (only issue with St George is housing is very expensive but since they had a free place, perfect!). Right now if you are willing to work hard and are physical able a young man like Asuleu could get a job today , I mean today, learning a trade with good starting pay. I have never seen anything like it employers begging for workers, my son gets job offers almost every time we go out, stores are closing early because of lack of help.  I think Kalini must like having him home, free pace to live and the social media money is fun money. I say fun money because Asuelu has been seen at our local run fun center (it is like chuckie cheese, those games that give tickets) a few times. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Libby is starring in a "faith based thriller".  She has an acting gig in a Christian movie it sounds like.  This is most bizarre.  1. that she's an actress that is still getting gigs, and 2. that someone hired her to be an actress.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, doyouevengohere said:

Libby is starring in a "faith based thriller".  She has an acting gig in a Christian movie it sounds like.  This is most bizarre.  1. that she's an actress that is still getting gigs, and 2. that someone hired her to be an actress.

Does she play a pregnancy terrorist?

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
On 5/20/2019 at 3:30 PM, doyouevengohere said:

His whole story line before this edition was: he worked and saved knowing that he wouldn't be able to work at first here and he wanted a huge wad of savings so he wouldn't have to depend on her family while he couldn't work.  the last time they were featured on "What now?" or "now what?" , her dad wanted him to work illegally under the table, but he still had some savings and he didn't feel like he should do that b/c it could get him in trouble and jepordize him working in the future honestly with a good job.  So seeing Andrei like this is really disappointing.  I sort of feel like Libby fudged the truth to him and told him that she was independent and had a great job with her dad but was living on her own and paying for herself to travel and have her own place.  When he got here, they were putting together a bed that Libby said on camera that her dad paid for.

Andrei is disappointing, I expected more ambition from him. Elizabeth is one of those, entitled,  spoiled women who expect everything to be handed to the , and have never had a parent tell them the honest truth. And TBH, she seems to believe that she has the looks to be an actress, as was once mentioned here that she has an IMDB page. She also does not really dress correctly for her body. I remember her going to a lawyer in a crop top - not for her body type.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Andrei is disappointing, I expected more ambition from him. Elizabeth is one of those, entitled,  spoiled women who expect everything to be handed to the , and have never had a parent tell them the honest truth. And TBH, she seems to believe that she has the looks to be an actress, as was once mentioned here that she has an IMDB page. She also does not really dress correctly for her body. I remember her going to a lawyer in a crop top - not for her body type.

She is quickly becoming one of the least likable characters in this shit show. But Nicole still takes the cake because of her fascinating level of stupidity and what she is subjecting little May to. Elizabeth isn't too far behind her though, imo. And she is bringing an innocent child into her mess.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 3:56 PM, politichick said:

Surprised by Andrei, though. What the fuck does he do all day?

I think he's putting away a few brewskies as he sits at the computer waiting for handyman jobs to miraculously fall into his lap

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:
On 5/30/2019 at 12:56 PM, politichick said:

Surprised by Andrei, though. What the fuck does he do all day?

He's waiting for his ship to come in!  🙂

Unfortunately, he's at the airport doing that waiting.  So it's not likely to happen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I actually felt bad for Andrei on their first season. Not Libby, because she is obviously spoiled and was being rebellious with her family and immature. Had they all embraced Andrei and the relationship, she probably would have dumped him. FF to now - holy crap, I feel completely duped by that guy. I really thought that he was going to prove them wrong and do the whole American Dream thing - come here with XX amount of money and work hard and prove all the naysayers wrong. Nope. He is proving them right. Where I live - in Maine - you can't go anywhere without seeing a "Now Hiring" sign. ANYWHERE. Literally. And I don't use the word literally freely (it's a pet peeve of mine, actually). I have lived here for 20 years and jobs have always been hard to come by. I'm lucky, because I work for an out of state company and work out of my house, but my husband gave up his white collar job and went into trucking. It was brutal, only because of the economy. But right now, work is abundant. He gave up trucking five years ago and is in real estate, but we are like, damn, DAMN, every time we see ads or signs for CDL drivers, especially with all the endorsements he has. It would have been nice back then!  Anyway, back to Andrei - get off your ass dude, and make a living. You have absolutely ZERO excuse.

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 9