Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:
21 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

obviously, Cam showing up on the group date was allowed, or arranged, by the producers.  he didn't just KNOW the time and place that the group date was taking place, and it's not like he called an Uber.  

Yup and that's why you can clearly see Hannah eyeing the producers when he first showed up, in an obvious, "what do I do here". I see why many are saying that Hannah's awkwardness will make for a fun season because she's not polished enough to hide when things are clearly producer motivated and so she's breaking that fourth wall constantly.

She missed an opportunity here.  If she was really an independent person who wanted to break the mold she should have said “I chose not to invite you on this date and you obviously have no respect for my decisions.  Please leave the show now.”  But she didn’t.

• Love 13

I, uh...still can't tell anyone apart except John Paul Jones (Professional John Paul Joneser) and Luke P. They all need more distinctive hair styles like JPJ if they expect me to tell them apart. Or maybe some color-coding would help.

Hannah's really playing into the weird Luke P. decisions that seem to be coming on a little too strong. I mean, "coming on too strong" doesn't exist in Bachelor world, but if it did...

• Love 2
(edited)

Since Hannah has terrible taste in men, I'm picking them out for myself. My final 4 is Joey (like seriously where was this guy last week? He was this hot Italian looking guy on the roller derby date with, like, one line all episode), Devin- another hot guy with no screentime except I think he was the one with Hannah when Cam interrupted, Mike (hot, great snark this ep), and Tyler C, the dancing dude who has a ton of confident swagger. He reminds me of the cool guy in an 80s movie.

Cam looks like a skeevier Evan Bass. Luke is just horrible and reminds me of every asshole jock that I went to high school with that can get away with murder because they know how to turn on the charm. 

Edited: Apparently I thought one of my final 4 was named something else entirely. It's true love.

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Ohwell said:

So I'm not the only one who noticed that.  He didn't look that interested.  I don't remember who he was but he looked like he was just going through the motions of being an attentive suitor. 

Oh he totally wasn’t into her- body language, chaste kiss, etc. I thought he was hot until he showed up at dinner with slicked hair and my opinion did a 180.

I checked out of Becca’s season after a few episodes and only watched 5 minutes of Colton so I have no preconceived opinion on Hannah. She’s fine so far but I also love Emily FWIW. 

Luke is creepy and apparently becomes the annoying stalker next week. The clip they showed reminded me of Krystal who was interrupting a lot in the beginning of Ari(?)’s season... I think it was Ari. She did end up going far though.

Cam knows he won’t “win” so he’s doing his best to get on Paradise.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

Oh he totally wasn’t into her- body language, chaste kiss, etc.

If I remember right this was the clenched lips kisser? I yelled out 'Oh no, that's a sister kiss!!!' at the time. Perhaps in some other dimension they are a sizzling couple not not this one!

• LOL 2
On 5/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, saber5055 said:

Hannah is a slut grown woman, who is entitled to behave sexually in any way she sees fit, as it is 2019, and we don't shame women for having or acting on sexual feelings and desires anymore. 

FTFY

Also, swearing doesn't reflect a poor character. It actually is correlated with a larger vocabulary, more education, more creativity, and higher intelligence. 

I'm liking Hannah a lot more than I thought I would. I was afraid we'd get the sickly sweet southern belle moralizer, and I'm pleased she isn't playing into that stereotype. She seems kind and funny, and yes, "genuine."

John Paul Jones seems like the producer plant we're expected to tolerate for a few more weeks. I find him utterly unappealing. 

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

Also, swearing doesn't reflect a poor character. It actually is correlated with a larger vocabulary, more education, more creativity, and higher intelligence.  

Huh, really? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

John Paul Jones seems like the producer plant we're expected to tolerate for a few more weeks. I find him utterly unappealing. 

So far, while he is totally unappealing, he's more background unappealing as opposed to Cam's in your face hogging the camera unappealing. I'll be curious if, when Cam goes (HOPEFULLY!!!!!!) John PJ will step up to the challenge of being the main camera hog. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I've heard that as well.  For what it's worth, a quick Google search yielded several articles. Here's one:

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

" This task requires volunteers to list as many different swear words as they can think of in 1 minute."

The smart people in the test were ones who could name a lot of different swear words.  We wont know if this applies to Hannah unless they give us something but bleeps.  I had a feeling all her bleeps were all the same "f" word since she said she usually doesn't say it. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, sistersledge said:

Luke is creepy and apparently becomes the annoying stalker next week. The clip they showed reminded me of Krystal who was interrupting a lot in the beginning of Ari(?)’s season... I think it was Ari. She did end up going far though.

I hope it’s next week because he gives me the heebie-jeebies and I’m near his hometown

So between the pageant date and the roller derby date and the promos of the date with the guys being waxed (?), I'm not sure I'd wanna stick around. Aren't dates supposed to be fun? Why do these all seem dangerous and humiliating? If my husband tried any of that shit while we were dating, I'd be gone faster than he could blink! 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

So between the pageant date and the roller derby date and the promos of the date with the guys being waxed (?), I'm not sure I'd wanna stick around. Aren't dates supposed to be fun? Why do these all seem dangerous and humiliating? If my husband tried any of that shit while we were dating, I'd be gone faster than he could blink! 

Ditto for me.  If my husband and I were first dating and he forced me to learn how to roller skate and roll around the rink falling constantly, he wouldn't be my choice.  I don't think humiliating people is all that attractive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I've always been uncomfortable with all the private helicoptering they do on this show ... but now they seem to be regularly forcing their leads to bungee jump on top of everything.  Which, as a viewer, adds zip, zero, nada, nothing to my experience.  This is supposed to be a romantic journey ... and I think it's pretty cruel to terrify their contestants that way. It's just another example of how they aren't reading their audience.

They should stick to the quirky race or performance or relatively tame/lame sporting events.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 9:36 AM, jade.black said:

.....Cam looks like a skeevier Evan Bass....

I almost posted this but really a toss up of who is skeevier. Cam is definitely auditioning to take his ABC shtick to BIP—he deserves a Carly.

The scary activities are so fake and such a time waster—like they are in any danger whatsoever? No. 

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2
On 5/20/2019 at 9:44 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I was going to say Hannah and I DO NOT share the same taste in men AT ALL because the Luke P. thing baffles me beyond reason. All I see is a big, dumb, overly buff guy with dead, creepy eyes. 

Luke looks way too much like Spongebob Squarehead Kyle from The Real World Chicago for me to do anything but hate him on sight. He's every bit as calculating and disingenuous as Kyle, so I think I'm on the right track. 

As for his body, he's entirely too short to have those leg muscles. I can't even see the abs, I'm too busy staring at those giant tree stumps. 

I was cracking up during the conversation when Hannah questioned how he could know so fast. His responses were so silly and all I could think was "you're the only woman there, maybe try not to be quite so flattered that you're the ONE for him..." 

I don’t know...I think breaking into tears at the drop of a hat isn’t the selling point to guys that Hannah thinks it is.

I can only imagine that Hannah's emotional state is going to deteriorate further as the season goes on. She'll get away with the histrionics while she's the only girl in the room, but IRL, those guys would scatter like rats if a girl was randomly bursting into tears over nothing at all. Too many fish in the sea to spend your life riding an emotional rollercoaster of someone else's doing. 

I can also see her being extremely susceptible to the gossipers and shit-stirrers. One tidbit dropped into her ear by anyone will probably send her straight into a tailspin.

I'm struggling to find a favorite among these guys so far (and struggling to even pay attention long enough to learn names.) Something about Grant intrigues me, even though he looks a 40 year old divorced dad. His eyes always seem to be twinkling like something is funny and that's appealing. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Something about Grant intrigues me, even though he looks a 40 year old divorced dad. His eyes always seem to be twinkling like something is funny and that's appealing. 

Oh I'm so glad you mentioned this (and filled me in on his name because I've been calling him the unemployed hot dog guy). I liked him in the premiere too when he showed up with mustard like he was about to start a barbecue in the backyard. He just seems like someone I want to hang out with and is actually kind of cute.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 7:36 PM, JudyObscure said:

" This task requires volunteers to list as many different swear words as they can think of in 1 minute."

The smart people in the test were ones who could name a lot of different swear words.  We wont know if this applies to Hannah unless they give us something but bleeps.  I had a feeling all her bleeps were all the same "f" word since she said she usually doesn't say it. 

Those types of articles are typically click bait anyway. It’s for people to share on their social media so they and all of their friends can proudly proclaim that their vulgarity is actually an indication of their high intelligence all the while clicking the article and earning ad dollars for the hosting site. 🙄

As it relates to Hannah.. I don’t think her potty mouth makes her a bad person but she might want to tone it down a smidge. And as far as her frisky behavior.. she could tone that down too. I’m no prude and I certainly use foul language at times. But I don’t care what year it is.. climbing all over a guy on camera that you just met looks cheap from my POV. 

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I've heard that as well.  For what it's worth, a quick Google search yielded several articles. Here's one:

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

Aaaarrrggghhhh!  I hate it when they do this, and I would have figured scientists would know better...but I guess even they are subject to the pull of sensationalizing things.  Nowhere in that article did it address 'swearing' at all!  Instead, it addressed the ability to create a list of a variety of swear words, without one single mention of studying when people actually use swear words, in particular, when people say swear words...which is what most of us would consider actually'swearing'

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, GracieK said:

climbing all over a guy on camera that you just met looks cheap

She must know her family and friends are going to be seeing this!  Holy hell girl, you are being filmed.  This isn't a time to let your sexuality take over!  What you do now is going to be in the interwebs forever. I'm glad Jed walked in and she was embarrassed.  Bleep, bleep, bleep, and bleep me! - you were lucky it was a laid-back person like Jed. It still looks bad to the rest of the world and if you are falling for Luke's proclamations, you are a fool.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I can only imagine that Hannah's emotional state is going to deteriorate further as the season goes on. She'll get away with the histrionics while she's the only girl in the room, but IRL, those guys would scatter like rats if a girl was randomly bursting into tears over nothing at all. Too many fish in the sea to spend your life riding an emotional rollercoaster of someone else's doing. 

What was she even crying about? You could tell the guys were all thinking something went down, like that guy with the girlfriend, but that was already addressed and done with. That whole tearful speech was odd. 

And yeah, Luke's legs are abnormally Popeye-esque. It was distracting, though I guess that's good since it lured my eyes away from his smug ass face. 

What was clear to me from that massage scene was that her attraction to Luke is 100% physical. She wants him and once she's had him she will want to get as far away from him as the rest of us want to get. So, on that note, I hope she lays him sooner rather than later and we can be rid of him. 

• Love 4

I was majorly surprised by Hannah’s moment with Luke.  Not offended by it by any means.  Just didn’t expect it at all from Hannah.  She must be (must have been) super attracted to him, which means we have totally different types (HA!). No way she picks him (if the previews aren’t misleading about his temper) so her F1 must be super uncomfortable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 10:27 PM, call me ishmael said:

She missed an opportunity here.  If she was really an independent person who wanted to break the mold she should have said “I chose not to invite you on this date and you obviously have no respect for my decisions.  Please leave the show now.”  But she didn’t.

Well I haven't gotten the impression that Hannah has any interest in being seen as this really independent Bachelorette who is breaking the mold,  since her whole build up on the show has been how "awkward","no clue what she's doing" she is. 

I think she handled the situation as you would expect, based on how she's come across so far. Especially considering it was so early in filming. She handled it as someone who didn't know what the hell to do, so she looked to the producers and of course they probably told her to keep Cam because he, or at least they think so, makes for good t.v. 

YMMV but I don't think Hannah's done anything to warrant being called a slut. Isn't the slut shaming a little dated? I do think she showed incredible lack of judgment in the situation with Luke but I didn't think "scarlet letter/slut/let's tar and judge her". I just thought it showed why a 23 year old may not be the best choice for a lead on a show that claims to be about finding a husband/wife and settling down. Because I just thought the moment showed Hannah's immaturity. 

And like she said, when she likes someone, she zeroes in and gets tunnel vision. Again, likely another sign of her immaturity. And that's fine in her normal life to get lazered in on someone but for what the show is, it's not. And more importantly, it is disrespectful and unfair to the other guys.

And in fairness, I do think she realized this when Jed walked in and that's why she had the reaction she did, knowing that she needed to be more conscious of the other guys' feelings and being fair to them. And I think it does make her maybe re-evaluate things with Luke if the previews is anything to go by. It looks like she starts cooling things off a bit which will likely bring out his crazy. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 5:19 PM, saber5055 said:

Bachelorette history I guess with a Bach declaring his love on the first date. Ugh.

The only way to up the ante from here on out is for a prospective suitor to declare their love for the Bach/ette the second they step out of the limo on night one.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV but I don't think Hannah's done anything to warrant being called a slut. Isn't the slut shaming a little dated? I do think she showed incredible lack of judgment in the situation with Luke but I didn't think "scarlet letter/slut/let's tar and judge her"

I've read this whole thread and haven't seen a bit of that.  Saying that getting hot and heavy on camera is tacky is not slut shaming, it's just remarking on the show and B'ette in particular, which is what we're here for.  Slut shaming is something that's done in high-school when a teen girl is whispered about and shunned.  Grown women on TV are responsible for how they come across and shouldn't need to be protected by a circle of defenders. 

Hannah isn't breaking any mold because there is no Bachelorette mold.  In recent years we've had Des, sweet and sincere, my favorite, Emily poised and in charge, making the men work for it,  JoJo, beautiful and instantly in love with Jordan, Becca,  ordinary, girl next door falling for a guy who reminded her of her father, and Kaitlyn, the woman who took it all off for skinny dipping, slept with her favorite right off the bat, got drunk and slept with Nick a little later, tattoos flying, bad language and raunchy humor, but at least managed to keep most of it off camera.

Hannah can't break a mold that isn't there but I guess, if she can't stifle her f-words enough to make her "conversation," intelligible  or wait till the cameras go home to have sex then it will be something new  -- a new low in my opinion.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Saying that getting hot and heavy on camera is tacky is not slut shaming, it's just remarking on the show and B'ette in particular, which is what we're here for

There is a post that flat out stated "Hannah is a slut". Now maybe it was edited in the time I made my post but no, I didn't make an assumption on what I thought someone meant. It was exactly what was stated. 

• Love 5

Hannah did an interview this week where she mentioned she had never seen/heard the "ABC: Always Be Cam" thing because he did it in all his ITMs. That's half the reason why I can't stand the guy, so it makes sense that she'd still be a bit nicer to him based on their brief interactions. However, I hope he goes soon because he's obnoxious. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

There is a post that flat out stated "Hannah is a slut". Now maybe it was edited in the time I made my post but no, I didn't make an assumption on what I thought someone meant. It was exactly what was stated. 

It's the first post of page 3 and it's still there.

My emphasis was she is so overtaken by her hormones that she has become blissfully unaware that there is a camera rolling.  Jed walking in snapped her back to reality (whatever that means) and she realized she is being seen.  But with a camera there, she's always being seen and she somehow forgets that. It has nothing to do with slut-shaming. She can do what she wants as far as I'm concerned if it is behind closed doors and there are no cameras rolling.

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Oh yes, I did see that and thought she was kidding, but in any case, who cares?

Everyone is either a prude or a slut in someone else's opinion, why is it okay to call someone a prude, but not the other? It's not like Hannah has been accused of anything illegal or awful. Being sexually free is something praised by many women today as "empowered."  If some  women think Hannah's behavior is great and they're so glad she isn't being some "sweet pageant girl," then I think the women who find her behavior less praiseworthy should feel free to say so.

I've always thought one thing this show had going for it is as an example for young girls as how to behave with men.  What to put up with, what not, how to turn a man down with kindness, how to make a date fun and be a good sport, but also how to take control and when to say no.  When the show is all bad examples by the lead I think it's disappointing.

• Love 10
(edited)
Just now, JudyObscure said:

Everyone is either a prude or a slut in someone else's opinion, why is it okay to call someone a prude, but not the other? It's not like Hannah has been accused of anything illegal or awful. Being sexually free is something praised by many women today as "empowered."  If some  women think Hannah's behavior is great and they're so glad she isn't being some "sweet pageant girl," then I think the women who find her behavior less praiseworthy should feel free to say so.

I never said anything about being called a prude. Honestly, I was not looking to have a feminist back and forth. I simply wanted to make it clear that I didn't misrepresent anyone's comment. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Just like Demi Lovato, I think Hannah is "tooo cute!"     I think Hannah is all in, like a poker player shoving all their chips into the middle of the table.   I think she's decided to go for it and have fun, and I'm all for it.   I also like the clothes she or her stylist is choosing.   That red dress was great.    

I also give Luke props for imitating the beast as he came out of the limo, which probably made Hannah warm to him immediately.    Let the games begin!     

I think it’s fun having a younger lead (and one who seems a little immature regardless of her age). I think the “f-word” is probably just part of her and others’ her age vocabulary, so no big deal; she could be my granddaughter and I let loose with a “fuck me!” at least once a day. It is also really interesting to me that someone who went really far in the fakest of competitions, the beauty pageant cosmos, is so oblivious to how things like the swearing and the very healthy sexuality that she has might color viewers’ perceptions of her. So refreshing imo to have a lead like Hannah.

• Love 3

I must have lived a sheltered life, my folks never used the f word around us kids or each other for that matter. I think I was around 20 or so when my dad used it when he was talking just to my older brother and me, no one else around. I've never been one who uses cuss words, just not my nature, most people around seem to be ok that I'm so vanilla. One thing is for sure, I've noticed younger generation families seem to have no problem cussing away when they are in public etc...

• Love 3
8 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I think the “f-word” is probably just part of her and others’ her age vocabulary, so no big deal;

If it really were no big deal, it (and whatever other offensive words they are using) wouldn't be bleeped out. Maybe it's "okay" at the mall or local tavern, but it's not okay on national tv if the network wants to continue to broadcast. I appreciate people who can speak complete sentences and convey a thought without the need to interject any swear words. That takes some skill these days it seems, a skill Hannah and most of her fellas don't seem to own. As a business owner, I wouldn't hire any of them.

• Love 5
(edited)

Did anyone else notice after Hannah ‘s makeout session with Luke it looked like some of the makeup on her nose was rubbed off? (It happens, no biggie). BUT I was surprised there wasn’t a touch up because the entire rest of the show/night I could not stop staring at her shiny red nose. 

I’m enjoying her lack of poise. 

Also enjoying that you guys have named Tyler C , Sleepy Tyler. Lol. 

Lastly, I think Jed looks a bit like Dylan McKay era Luke Perry (RIP).

Edited by Refresh
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2019 at 8:53 AM, truthaboutluv said:

There is a post that flat out stated "Hannah is a slut".

Saw it too. And I don't recally it saying that Luke is a slut for doing the exact same thing which is what made it feel like slut shaming. 

I think Hannah's problem, I don't see it as such, it's one of the things I like about her, but I guess others are having issue with it, is that she gets lost in the moment more than any other lead has. This means if she thinks a guy is hot, she's going to make out with him, temporarily forgetting she's got a bunch of other guys who could walk in on them at any moment, and she will swear when she is mad at herself, or will look directly at a producer when she doesn't know what to do. I find it all refreshing and am enjoying her. Then again, I swear and make out with guys so I don't have any issues with her behavour. If I did I'd bow out like I have in past seasons. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Saw it too. And I don't recally it saying that Luke is a slut for doing the exact same thing which is what made it feel like slut shaming. 

I think Hannah's problem, I don't see it as such, it's one of the things I like about her, but I guess others are having issue with it, is that she gets lost in the moment more than any other lead has. This means if she thinks a guy is hot, she's going to make out with him, temporarily forgetting she's got a bunch of other guys who could walk in on them at any moment, and she will swear when she is mad at herself, or will look directly at a producer when she doesn't know what to do. I find it all refreshing and am enjoying her. Then again, I swear and make out with guys so I don't have any issues with her behavour. If I did I'd bow out like I have in past seasons. 

Interesting—My post wondering if someone who was offended by Hannah would keep watching has disappeared. Not sure why.

I also have quit watching (Kaitlyn) and never watched (Nick) and watched only the finales (Becca and Colton) when the leads did not interest me for whatever reason.

Hannah is definitely rushing things with him and I’m sure Luke is very satisfied with himself. He’s still “got it”.  

She references her faith quite a bit so I was surprised by the straddling and getting Luke’s shirt off in episode 2. She comes across rather demure in other scenes like her praying like she was Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane before the crucifixion when she had to face the bachelors. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

My post wondering if someone who was offended by Hannah would keep watching has disappeared

I'll pretend your question is still there, Makemelaugh.

I'm not offended by Hannah at all, her cussing and climbing on men while the cameras are four feet away seems tacky to me, but not offensive -- I would save offended for something like racist jokes. 

I don't like the whole idea of beauty pageants and think the women who enter them tend to be vain and superficial, so I wasn't predisposed to like Hannah.  I think her looks and the way she acts are all just ordinary, not terrible or anything, just not what I would expect from the star of the show.  But I'll keep watching.  I wasn't wild about Kaitlyn, Becca, Colton or, Jake,  but that doesn't ruin it for me.  I watch for the craziness, the competition among the contestants, speculating about who's going to win and, most of all, for the snark here.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Refresh said:

Did anyone else notice after Hannah ‘s makeout session with Luke it looked like some of the makeup on her nose was rubbed off? (It happens, no biggie). BUT I was surprised there wasn’t a touch up because the entire rest of the show/night I could not stop staring at her shiny red nose. 

I’m enjoying her lack of poise. 

Also enjoying that you guys have named Tyler C , Sleepy Tyler. Lol. 

Lastly, I think Jed looks a bit like Dylan McKay era Luke Perry (RIP).

I have noticed the red nose too. It has showed up on more than one occasion. Perhaps when she's cold?

I don’t why but I really enjoying this season, and after looking at the season preview, I think this will be one of the best ones in awhile.  Maybe because Hannah is clearly just being herself?  She got totally lost with Luke; she forgot for a minute the cameras were there (and maybe the other men too).  As long as she stays true to herself and doesn’t try to be something she’s not, this should be a good season.  This show was starting to lose me.  I liked Chris S., Kaitlyn, Ben, JoJo, Nick and Rachel just fine (well...Chris’ girls made his season) but Arie, Becca, and Colton were such bores, as were the contestants they chose.  I wasn’t thrilled about Hannah coming in but now I’m super hopeful.  (I even freaked today we wouldn’t get an episode tomorrow because of the holiday and felt relief when I saw we are!)

• Love 5

For the most part I'm enjoying Hannah and all her quirks. And on a shallow note she may not be the most attractive bette they've had but that's ok because I relate more to that. She is a pretty lady. But I will say (as someone else pointed out earlier) her and/or her stylist are killing it. Red is definitely her color. I've noticed she's wore it more than once and looks great in it. She has a very attractive figure as well. When she wears sleeveless gowns you can see her arms are very toned. The last Bette I remember looking that good in her clothes with a great figure was JoJo.

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

She got totally lost with Luke; she forgot for a minute the cameras were there (and maybe the other men too).

Maybe because I feel not much happens on this show that isn't in the script, I think TPTB set that scene up with shirtless Luke ("Hey you two, what about we film a massage. Luke, how about you take your shirt off"), then sent Cam over, or whoever that was ("Hey Cam, it's your turn with Hannah, she's in that tent over there, go ask if you can steal her") so all three would be blindsided. (*drink*)

All to cause watercooler talk and online discussion so as to keep the franchise current and trending. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Like @JudyObscure, I watch this show for the snark and fun posting here. I'm not invested in whether anyone is there for The Right Reason, nor do I care if anyone actually "finds love." I pretty much forget everyone when the season ends, and much of the time I forget everyone DURING the season itself.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 2
On 5/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, Jennabelle88 said:

Yes, remember when a group of bachelorettes had to do a naked photo shoot? (They held posters in front of themselves) it was justified as being "for charity!" So that reluctance to strip down meant you didn't care about the dog shelter.  The "dates" that seem humiliating to me are the ones where you have to strip down, fight/wrestle, or parade in front of others who judge your body.  Most women, and I assume, most men, would walk out of a date that involved anything  similar.

• Love 7

I usually tune out during the "Challenge" part of the group dates however I do kind of like the "talent" show style ones. Where each guy can chose their own skill to show off. I personally like non-violent, nerdy kind of guys, so wrestling, football games, roller derby, none of these is going to impress me. I don't like "beefcakes" so swimsuit competitions are going to leave me dry. But seeing what each guy comes up with as a "talent" is pretty telling. Some will have actual talents, like singing/songwriting, others will have fun with it and be willing to laugh at their lack of talent and others are Luke whose talent is apparently saying "I love you"? For that alone he'd be gone. He seems to have no sense of humor, fun or whimsy. The guy who shook his ass and slapped his booty would get my group date rose not because he was the hottest/best body/sexiest, but because he took it the least serious and just had fun with it. 

And yeah, I'm still at the point in the show where my knowing their names is a bad sign. The only two I know by name are Cam and Luke because I keep checking to see if/when they will be booted. lol

• Love 8