Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 8:36 PM, ECM1231 said:

Yes, NUTTY1, Grant is unemployed.

I guess he's so vapid the show couldn't even come up with Chicken Enthusiast or Dog Lover for an occupation.

Pardon me, but that "massage" deal with Luke P was a bit OTT for the second day.

I wish people on this show would clean it up. There are more *BLEEPS* than complete sentences during any single conversation.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
(edited)

Listening to the Rose Ceremony to learn something

Tyler C.  - Sleepy hot guy

Garrett - Twilight Guy

Connor S.  - Super tall guy nothing notable so far

Luke P. just gives me the slimiiiiiiiiiiiiest vibes now.

Dylan - Cute!  Dark Hair...... 

Peter - Pilot......(Right?)   little boy hair

Kevin - Hot in a overly pretty way

I'm missing some, but that's at least helpful to me for now.

I know everyone was snarking hardcore on John Paul Jones last week, but why?  I think he's cute.  Sorry guys.  Hahahhahahaha.   

EWWWWWWWWW NOOOOOO SHE PICKED CAM NO NONO NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONO

ASIAN CONNOR IS LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

EWWWWWWWWW NOOOOOO SHE PICKED CAM NO NONO NO

I KNEW Cam would be TLR ... the last rose. TPTB always make the last rose The Most Drah Matic One. And Cam's being set up as Tool Time Guy. So he'll last a few more eps.

Is that Luke P making out with her after the RC? Man, just get to the FS and get it over with.

• Love 6

Hannah is making herself way too accessible to these guys.  Make them work for it.  Someone should sit her down and have her watch Trista and Emily's seasons. 

• Love 17
(edited)

Hannah. Run don't walk... from Luke. And the way she's so easily suckered in. She literally had googly heart eyes looking at him as he declared his "love". And then from then on, she was smitten. Is she seriously that stupid? Seems like she is.

Edited by shouldbedancing
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

Once again Luke is telling Hannah he’s “being 100% honest. I promise.” How does she not realize this is Lying Liar Who Lies 101?! Luke is Fake News! I think Luke is worse than Cam—and that’s saying a lot!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think it was really funny when Hannah was SOOOOOOOOO EMBARRASSED at Jed walking in on the "massage".  That was so natural and real, something you don't often see on TV.  Hannah is .... a special one.  LOL.

And I agree, Jed's reactions were HILARIOUS too.  He's so normal.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH  So he was really confused as to how to react and he was very diplomatic anyway.

3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Once again Luke is telling Hannah he’s “being 100% honest. I promise.” How does she not realize this is Lying Liar Who Lies 101?! Luke is Fake News! I think Luke is worse than Cam—and that’s saying a lot!

Yeah Cam is terrible but he's honest about it.  And I really don't like Cam.  But I still agree.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm so glad she kept "Magic Mike." Not because she seems even remotely attracted to him. But he gives the best WTF faces. I need his bitchface for at least another week.

Edited by talktoomuch
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

Still behind. I think Peter is adorable. Tyler (the one who wasn’t on the 1:1) is cute, he is unique  looking. Sometimes he looks a little like a young Patrick Swayze. There’s a guy there that looks so much like Luke Pell. Don’t know his name. 

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 3
(edited)

obviously, Cam showing up on the group date was allowed, or arranged, by the producers.  he didn't just KNOW the time and place that the group date was taking place, and it's not like he called an Uber.  

So when Cam gets a one-on-one date, can the rest of the guys  just show up and crash the date? 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Luke is as real as his shady "import/export business. He knows how to play the game though. I think she's acting like she believes him so she can sex him up guilt free.

Cam is a little scary. Basement check on that guy, pronto!

Hannah talks too much about how real she is meanwhile she seems like she's auditioning for an E Channel job. Tone it down, girl. We all know this can be a stepping stone.

The guys all looked magazine perfect in the speedo competition, but honestly who wants to be around the type of person that commits to maintaining that type of body. All those guys probably spend 5 hours a day at the gym, never eat carbs, and have several food monitoring apps on their phone. No thank you.

Edited by Soobs
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20

I was trying to remember who the Bachelorette was a few hours before the show and completely blanked for about five minutes.  Then I thought, well, maybe I'll watch a little off and on.  I forgot to do that, too.  When I finally remembered, I realized I'd have to reach about a foot to get the remote and said "Nah, not worth it."  It's pretty sad when a show loses that completely to Frasier reruns.  Maybe next week.  If I remember.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, EllenB said:

It's pretty sad when a show loses that completely to Frasier reruns.  Maybe next week.  If I remember.

Yes, I've never been less interested.  I watched until about 8:05 when Hannah was talking about how real she liked everything to be as she was making a rod & reel motion with her hands, all while pronouncing real as rill.  So she was "rilling in the rill," as she maintained that manic grin.

I handed the remote to the man.

Then I came here to read the snark and now I'm going to have to watch the darn thing online so I can see this Cam and Luke you guys keep talking about.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Please stop talking about Jared Haibon, because that reminds me of Ashley I and those two are vapid beyond belief, and honestly I think Jared has creepy brows. eeeeek.

Luke P (the P is for psycho) isn't even that cute, so I'm not getting it. She is being an idiot. I am liking Hannah except for this.

Jed, he's got a big triangle head, but loved how he handled the massage thing.

Cam... you are not nearly as cool as you think you are. Dial it back a bit bro. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, I've never been less interested.  I watched until about 8:05 when Hannah was talking about how real she liked everything to be as she was making a rod & reel motion with her hands, all while pronouncing real as rill.  So she was "rilling in the rill," as she maintained that manic grin.

I watched until that first group date, realized I still hadn't watched last week's Young Sheldon season finale, watched that (which was SO GOOD), and when that was over, started watching The Voice - which I haven't watched ALL SEASON.

They need to mix up at least the early episodes. It all just feels so repeated - a group date that objectifies the contestants, someone who declares his or her love way too early, and the weird producer plant. 

Edited by kazza
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Lol. He is ridiculous! Who gives himself a catch phrase anyway? 

seems like the guys wasted time yelling at Cam when they should have been inside trying to talk to hannah. I do not like CAM at all, the kiss the first nite was so forced and I hate the " I didnt come here to make friends" people. there is a way to compete and respect your fellow competitors....

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Sterling said:

New Drinking Game:

Every time Cam says his own name.

Never mind, I'll be too wasted.

he reminds me of the guy on this survivor season who nicknames himself "wardog" to be cool. Cam gets uglier and stalker scarier by the second. I dont know where he gets his confidence but hes a turnoff.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

obviously, Cam showing up on the group date was allowed, or arranged, by the producers.  he didn't just KNOW the time and place that the group date was taking place, and it's not like he called an Uber.  

Yup and that's why you can clearly see Hannah eyeing the producers when he first showed up, in an obvious, "what do I do here". I see why many are saying that Hannah's awkwardness will make for a fun season because she's not polished enough to hide when things are clearly producer motivated and so she's breaking that fourth wall constantly.

seems like the guys wasted time yelling at Cam when they should have been inside trying to talk to hannah.

I kept thinking when they were just sitting around saying they hadn't had time, why they weren't going to speak to her but I definitely think this was one of those situations the producers controlled and for whatever reason they couldn't.

I also think the whole thing was edited to be a lot shorter than it was and that when Cam showed up, it may have already been hours into the night portion. And so between his showing up, Hannah probably talking to the producers because she looked like she didn't know what the hell was happening, etc. it was a wrap.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

FTR, I am pro-freedom basically across the board.  But I would sign on to any sort of referendum instituting an immediate and comprehensive RAP BAN for the remainder of the season and all future seasons. Did Hannah G teach us nothing?

Yo, it is TIME to talk to HANNAH
And her BREATH smells just like MANNA
I am GONNA touch her FANNAH
If she lets GO of Luke's BANANA

No one needs that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Why were half of them wearing socks with their speedos?

I totally read that as "wearing socks IN their speedos" and nearly spit out my coffee.  Although it's not out of the realm of possibility with this show.   Luke P body did not do it for me.  I don't like gym rats.  Also his whole declaration of love and her falling for it just highlights how young these cats are.  It's hard to have a good picker when you don't have the experience to back it up.  IMO.  I know there are a lot of young couples who make it.  My parents were 19 and 21 when they got married so I know it is possible but sometimes Hannah seems especially young. 

So far I don't mind the season.  I'm not digging the contrived Cam feuds.  When the one guy threw the nuggets at Cam, my husband did his Jon Lovitz "ACTING" impression.   It was all so fake.  I really like Mike, sleepy Tyler, and Jed despite his hipster hair and jean jacket.

For those who don't know the John Lovitz reference (also it first aired in 1986 so I was going to make a snarky remark that it came out when Hannah was a baby but then realized that she was born in 1996 and now I feel old and want to take a nap)

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/cast/jon-lovitz-15001/character/master-thespian-73011

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Hannah’s picker is about as good as anyone her age. Just thinking back to some of the wastes of space I chose to spend my time and energy on in my early/mid twenties makes me cringe. Luke P strikes me as one of those guys that hides behind his big gold cross... like “I cannot possibly be an insincere d-bag because... God and stuff.” I’d wager at some point this season someone calls him on some crap behavior and he pulls the ‘ole “only my God can judge me” line. Ugh. 

• Love 11
(edited)
46 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Hannah’s picker is about as good as anyone her age.

After you said that, I had to check out Hannah's age -- she's 24.  I was 20 when I got married and I didn't think that was particularly young.  So, I looked up average marriage ages over the years.  In the 1950's, 60's and 70's it was 20.  Then it started to rise and now it's 28.  Twenty eight!  I'm amazed, that's the ten best child bearing years gone.  Maybe that's a good thing?  Anyway I think Hannah's old enough.

Another interesting stat is the last four B'ettes chose the guy to whom she gave the first impression rose.

I finally actually watched this episode. The massage scene was hilarious.  After the other guy walks in and catches them, Hannah's closed caption says "Bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep. I hardly ever say the f word bleep, bleep. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know what to do, I don't know, bleep, bleep, bleep."  LOL

Well everyone knew she was inarticulate from her dates with Colton, but they wanted her anyway.  I'll bet the producers have never worked so hard.

Luke P strikes me as one of those guys that hides behind his big gold cross... like “I cannot possibly be an insincere d-bag because... God and stuff.”

I know, and he had to make sure she knew what a cool dude he was and how many ladies he could pull before.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I hate the " I didnt come here to make friends" people.

Get use to it if you watch this franchise. There is one every season. EVERY season.

1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Hannah's closed caption says "Bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep. I hardly ever say the f word bleep, bleep. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know what to do, I don't know, bleep, bleep, bleep."  LOL

As I posted earlier, there are more "BLEEPS" than words in any given conversation this season. WTH, can't these people talk without a cuss word in every sentence?

I guess I answered my own question ... NO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Jed is getting props for how well he handled the massage incident, but let’s face it:  he’s only here to get “discovered” as a musician.  Wes 2.0.  

I don’t for one minute believe he has any feelings for Hannah, other than using her as a stepping stone to his music career. 

I’d place money that he’ll be living in his car, like Wes, on the future “Where are the now” show.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Random thoughts...

I think Cam is A to B C. About to Be Curtains. Bye now.

I'm fascinated by Kevin's glassy eyes. (aka "nuggets". Thank you above poster)

I don't mind men being objectified. 😏

I think Hannah's hormones might have gotten the best of her with Luke P. 😄

Tyler C - for construction? Mixed attractions there for me anyway. 😌

Connor S - is growing on me but the vocal fry .. please no..seems to be contagious because then Hannah starts up with it. Agh!

• Love 1
(edited)

It's probably been said before but since this is my first time seeing him, I noticed that Luke P. looks just like Bryce Harper.

And Pilot Peter looks like Anthony Rizzo's little brother. image.png.1ffc62629d015881e55f976765bd564e.png

image.png.94e4082a0c4193be946228015889f879.png

More observations:

Dude on the first one-on-one date (no idea what his name was) did not stay in very long for the kiss with Hannah. 

The chicken nuggets on the floor was my favorite shot of the night... but a tragic waste. They were probably really cold though by the time the production assistant came back from the Micky D's drive-thru and then all the rigamarole of setting up of the scene with the rose petals and the chair. But still.  

Luke is gross and according to the previews, as ugly on the inside. 

Jed gets my kudos for the chill humor he used to handle Hanna's massagus-interruptus. 

I finally actually watched this episode. The massage scene was hilarious.  After the other guy walks in and catches them, Hannah's closed caption says "Bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep. I hardly ever say the f word bleep, bleep. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know what to do, I don't know, bleep, bleep, bleep."  LOL

I'm loving this. After how many seasons of canned statements and talking points we finally have a bachelorette too anxious and/or drunk to remember her lines.  

Edited by TheFinalRose
missing punctuation.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Cam is this season’s Corrine. Remember the bouncy house and all of the other “special experiences” she set up for...well, I don’t even remember whose season she was on, but that’s kind of the point. Every season there’s always one or two contestants that are totally producer malleable and will go along with whatever wacky shenanigans the producers come up with. Frankly, I think Hannah was that person last season (see all of the confrontations against the other beauty queen) and she was rewarded with the lead. Last night I was totally thinking Luke was Wrong Reasons by his own cognition, but now I’m starting to think he, too, has a producer in his ear telling him to declare his love and he’ll be a shoo-in for the lead. The irony is that if he weren’t so smarmy and fake on DAY ONE he probably could be a fan favorite.

• Love 4

I can't stand Luke and his overly shaped brows. I was only half watching, but what was with Hannah's tears before cocktail party? Not a good look. So far, this season is a big yawn. Hannah and her shit eating grin, bad taste in men and ridiculous group activities may make this my last attempt to follow this shitshow. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

So when Cam gets a one-on-one date, can the rest of the guys  just show up and crash the date? 

Now that might be the best episode ever. And spaced out too, like one at a time crashes in and asks to talk with Hannah as she's sitting down (not) eating. It would be awesome. One should come out disguised as the waiter and ooops spill a plate of spaghetti on his head or something... make this happen please!

Ya know the problem with 'Always Being Cam'? He's always being creepy...

I thought the oddest sight of the night was them just kicking back with the mud all over their clothes like 'mud, what mud?' Also as mentioned who in wardrobe picked all white for this particular date?? But damn did she look hot in those black shorts, and the black leather pants as well. Yowsers.

When she mentioned to the guy that she liked how he looks at her I was picturing the old Looney Tunes when one character looked at the other really intensely and they'd turn into a big talking steak or chicken leg!

I have been a big Hannah fan since the late portions of her season with Colton when she started being more herself (as she alluded to last night). I kinda love the big goofball but I'm not sure this group is going to has a true love in it so that's kind of a bummer. But go Hannah.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Get use to it if you watch this franchise. There is one every season. EVERY season.

As I posted earlier, there are more "BLEEPS" than words in any given conversation this season. WTH, can't these people talk without a cuss word in every sentence?

I guess I answered my own question ... NO.

I always expect it with the ladies--not the men, but true. I still miss Chad and his meat bs. haha And then you had Deannas season, where they just wanted to be friends with each other and noone really liked her. lol.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Dude on the first one-on-one date (no idea what his name was) did not stay in very long for the kiss with Hannah. 

So I'm not the only one who noticed that.  He didn't look that interested.  I don't remember who he was but he looked like he was just going through the motions of being an attentive suitor.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

So I'm not the only one who noticed that.  He didn't look that interested.  I don't remember who he was but he looked like he was just going through the motions of being an attentive suitor.  

He was the other Tyler. I think he is Tyler G. I remember her saying she liked that he had dark brown hair and blue eyes. I think he is the one that some are comparing to a better looking Jared Haibon (Ashley I's fiancé aka Prince Aladdin. LOL). He was a grad student majoring in psychology; maybe if he sticks around long enough he can use his experience as a thesis for his grad studies. 😉

• Love 2
(edited)

So this season will be just as obvious as Rachel's season.  I see one obvious contender: Jed.  He's like the Brian this season.  Luke is a distraction who flatters her like Eric.  Not sure who is dean, maybe Tyler C  or Pilot Peter (but another fan favorite)?  If Jed is not the winner, has to be Tyler C or Pilot Peter.  Hopefully not tyler, so he can be bachelor (he reminds me of my Blake G. but more confident) Rachel's top guys were VERY obvious.  I see it being the same this season.  Too many of these guys are jokes and/or not attractive enough to be contenders.

Edited by dirtypop90
I mixed up Tylers!
9 hours ago, LBS said:

I really like Mike, sleepy Tyler, and Jed despite his hipster hair and jean jacket.

Add Peter to the list and those are also my favorites.

• Love 4

I agree Mike, Peter, Sleepy Tyler and Jed are her best options. 

I can't wait for Cam and skeevy Luke to get the fuck off my TV. 

I understand why everyone in the audience went gaga over Luke when he was in the speedo because that's what we are told is supposed to be sexy but he was the least favorite body out of them for me. His thighs were ridiculous. I would never want to be with a man who loved himself more than he loved me. What I don't get is why anyone thinks he's good looking with his clothes on. He's got a weird sort of face to me, and he just oozes smarm. I find him gross and would get as far away from him as possible if he hit on me in a bar. 

I am really liking Hannah as Bachelorette. She's playing her role well enough but is also adorably natural. She seems to realize how ridiculous this show is while still wanting it to work. 

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Cam has been to too many Tony Robbins seminars. 

And maybe learned some abusive tactics and sexual-harrasment behavior from Robbins himself. (Robbins currently in the news, accused of both of those.)

I just watched the episode tonight and haven't read your posts yet. . . 

So far I'm enjoying Hannah and her guys. Cam sure is a big disappointment. I liked him best of the group on After the Final Rose. I thought he and Hannah had some chemistry. But boy is he breaking all the Bachelor etiquette rules, plus just being creepy. Of course he couldn't do all that stuff without production OKing it. Maybe they asked for volunteers and he raised his hand.

Is Jed the singer? I keep thinking of him as Wes. Anyhow I'm starting to like him. He is very calming and non-judgmental for Hannah. He's giving her the impression that she's OK with him, no matter what. I liked the guy on the first date, too. Peter the pilot is cute (is that his name?). Luke P. is starting to rub me wrong. In that massage scene, I felt he was being manipulative and he may end up being the real villain.

• Love 6