Type keyword(s) to search

The Butcher - General Discussion

• Start Topic

From the History Channel:

Throughout history, the skilled craft of the butcher has been essential to human survival. In early civilizations when foodborne diseases were claiming lives, it was the butcher with their precise tools and keen skills who warded off death. This vital craftsman became a fixture in every town across America. Today, there are thousands of people who continue this noble tradition but only a select few with the right expertise can be considered a “Master Butcher.” Now, for the first time comes an extreme, high-stakes competition where best-in-class butchers battle in a showdown designed to put their knowledge, strategy and technique to the ultimate test. With their sharp knives and even sharper skills, these butchers carve their way through painstaking challenges, use their expert talent to adapt to historical twists, and reveal the fascinating secrets of the butcher’s world.

Premiers Wednesday, May 22nd. 

Format looks similar to Forged in Fire: starting with 4 competitors, one is eliminated after each of the first 2 rounds, leaving 2 to compete in the final round. 

Host is Colby Donaldson, from Survivor and Top Shot.

• Love 1
(edited)

I enjoyed this.  I'm a carnivore, and I  love to cook. It's interesting to see how meat is processed and brought to the table. 

Also, the guy who won....didn't he say something about respecting the animal and how he presented the final product? He had tears in his eyes.  Awwwww 💕💕

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 3

I liked it too and will watch it again.

It was good to see Colby Donaldson.  I loved him on Top Shot (or something about guns, it's been so long).

I personally like the butcher with the beard.  He's my 1st favorite.  The Marine is my 2nd, and the lady my 3rd.  As soon as that said in his TH that he was there to win the money and go home, I knew he was doomed :-).

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Evagirl said:

It was good to see Colby Donaldson.  I loved him on Top Shot (or something about guns, it's been so long).

You're right, it was Top Shot and all the gun issues in the US notwithstanding, I miss that show.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Am I the only one still watching this?

Well, it only had a 6 episode run, and that ended in June.  Are you just catching up now on your DVR?  I did watch all the episodes, and while I found it mildly interesting, it was not as compelling as Forged in Fire.  I doubt it's coming back for another season.  You can see it got little interest here on PT. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 2