Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E23: The Change Constant; S12.E24: The Stockholm Syndrome

(edited)
7 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

So the writers can say what they want and I will continue to ignore them.

Which is fair enough but is the reason that the writers have been very careful to disassociate Sheldon from any diagnosis of anything.  People are going to draw their own conclusions anyway but if the writers came out and set in stone "yep Sheldon has XXX" then they'd be expected to have Sheldon be the poster boy for XXX and either be faced with criticism because he isn't being a positive role model or criticism because he doesn't exhibit the behavior he ought to in a given situation and so on and so on.  I totally get that and understand why they chose to deal with things the way they have.

Edited by Homily
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

writers are wrong. There is no way in hell that Sheldon is not on the spectrum in some way shape or form.

Sheldon is a fictional character.  he is the complete creation of the writers.  So, they can't really be wrong about him.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Sheldon is a fictional character.  he is the complete creation of the writers.  So, they can't really be wrong about him.

And as a fan of the show and fan fiction, I can write what I want in my head. There are far too many signs that point to a diagnosis on the spectrum. I am not sure why the writers are afraid of Sheldon being diagnosed with a known issue, maybe the writers are worried that they would be seen as portraying a stereotype.

(shrugs)

The fact that so many people see the same thing probably means that the writers are talking out their butts because they have been told to give a specific answer for some reason.