Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Take Me Out

Jesus suggested that they go to the beach and do a romantical thing and she replied with asking him if he's ever had sex on a beach and then informing him it is super messy and sand gets everywhere, implying that she may have more experience than he does. I think it is more Jesus may be judging her in his mind for having more experience than he does. While he shouldn't feel this way, I'm sure this is a common reaction for teenage boys when dating girls who have more experience.

That doesn't necessarily mean that she has experience. I never had sex on a beach, but I have heard about the sand issue. I don't remember if it was from magazines, books, tv or movies but probably multiple sources. So it's not unlikely that Emma would know about that even if she never had sex.
I think they did "sort it out" so to speak. Mike was a mess for a long time, Lena was the "step mom" early on and probably wouldn't have felt comfortable challenging her, so Stef has been the primary decision maker with regards to Brandon for a long time

I agree that Stef is the main one controlling things in general, it seems to be her personality and if Lena wasn't half doormat she wouldn't get away with half of what she does. I think it probably has a lot to do with Lena rolling over for her mother growing up and getting cues from her dad on how to deal with such persons, you just let them do/give them what they want or else basically.

But my point was that Stef, and Mike and Lena as well, have had more than enough time to figure out how to co-parent Brandon a little better, at least where they aren't pitting themselves against one another. The issue about Brandon's hand wasn't a punishment, it was whether or not they should allow their minor son to make such a big decision that would impact his future. Stef should have known Lena would want to be included and had every right to be, especially since she's so quick to jump down Lena or Mike's throats if they dare do something with "her" son without consulting her first.

I agree that Stef pretty much assumes she's right and Lena will be on board with her choices, benefit of marrying a half doormat, as when she gave the morning after pill to Jesus' former girlfriend to ensure she didn't get pregnant, but to me it's a fairly big character flaw, and she gets away with it far too much. Sometimes I wonder if she's one of the teenagers herself with the mood swings, pouting, blow ups, and general orneriness she can display when she doesn't get her way or when someone, rightly, points out her hypocritical behavior.

Timothy didn't sign the donor contract but does that legally equal with withdrawing his consent after he had given them his sperm? As dumb as what Lena and Stef did is, as dumb is what Timothy did, he gave his sperm before signing the contract. Could be interesting for a lawyer, after all if Timothy had slept with Lena he couldn't ask his sperm back either. We have 3 idiot adults here.

No, Timothy couldn't ask for his sperm back, but he could certainly fight for custody.  Which I'm assuming is where we are headed.  Didn't he say he changed his mind about the contract because he decided he couldn't handle the kid never knowing who he was?

It was dumb to even consider using someone they know (let alone someone Lena works with) for the donor.

• Love 1
(edited)

Couldn't Stef and Lena just lie and say that they decided not to use Timothy's sperm, but did decide to go with another donor instead?  There would be no legal way for him to obtain a DNA test after the fact, since no contract was signed and since there was no evidence that his sperm was used for the insemination.

Edited by Zima

Timothy could file a petition for a paternity test and hire a lawyer like any father looking to prove paternity. 

Given that they went to the point of having legal papers drawn up saying that they were using his sperm to impregnate her and that he gave them a sample of his sperm and she was pregnant, like, a day later, I'd think he'd have a pretty good shot at getting a paternity test ordered.

Lying to a judge and possibly having your kids lie to a judge as well over something that can be 100% proven a lie would be pretty damn risky.

Yeah, I don't think Timothy would have any trouble getting a judge to order a paternity test.

I'm surprised by the talk of Brandon/Callie being endgame, because in these first two episodes of the new season, it's seemed to me that the show has backed all the way off from a romantic relationship. Admittedly I've never wanted them to be a couple, so that may well be coloring my interpretation, but I haven't seen the longing feelings and looks that they had constantly last season. Plus, what was huge for me was that Callie called him her brother in this episode without so much as a twinge of discomfort or anything else, and it seemed to roll right off him as well.

It's probably just sloppy writing on the show's part and not a sign of Robert having a secret agenda, but the supposed story of Robert's lawyers insisting that Callie have a paternity test done and sign away her claims to his money before they'll let him sign the papers terminating his rights is weird to me. Legally, terminating his rights would do just that - Callie would have no rights to his money anymore because she's not legally his daughter. The lawyers should want Robert to sign the termination paperwork ASAP, not be holding that up for...another piece of paper that accomplishes the same thing. Also, like, way to underline to the possible gold-digger daughter that Robert is indeed very rich, thereby giving her incentive (and time) to change her mind about being adopted so that she can go after his money instead. I know Callie's not thinking about the money, but Robert's lawyers are obviously worried that she is, and they're handling it in counterproductive fashion. Methinks Robert needs more competent lawyers, assuming he's not just lying. But either way, I don't see Callie going to live with him.

I'm surprised by the talk of Brandon/Callie being endgame, because in these first two episodes of the new season, it's seemed to me that the show has backed all the way off from a romantic relationship. Admittedly I've never wanted them to be a couple, so that may well be coloring my interpretation, but I haven't seen the longing feelings and looks that they had constantly last season. Plus, what was huge for me was that Callie called him her brother in this episode without so much as a twinge of discomfort or anything else, and it seemed to roll right off him as well.

I agree....I don't think that Brandon/Callie is endgame because I don't think that TPTB want to have their show about the foster care system wind up with the heroine foster child romantically involved with the son of the people who want to adopt her. I do think that they want to keep dangling the possibility so that those fans who are invested in a Brandon/Callie outcome will keep tuning in. I feel as if they have done a 180 from the days when Brandon/Callie were kissing at the Japanese garden and are moving in the brother/sister direction.