Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
swissair100

Father Brown

I cannot believe there is no show Forum for this very popular period drama.  (correct me/delete if I just happen to miss it since the recent updates).

Love all the actors & the characters they play.  Still miss Sid, but glad they often have old favorites come back & still do a show or two on occasion.

Enjoying Season 7 now in the US.  But the Cotswolds is clearly the "star" of this show.

• Like 4

+1000 swissair100.  I've been watching Father Brown for about 4 years now on PBS. This season has been so good, wonderful writing and acting .  I couldn't believe there wasn't a listing here for it, thanks for starting one!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, swissair100 said:

I cannot believe there is no show Forum for this very popular period drama.  (correct me/delete if I just happen to miss it since the recent updates).

Love all the actors & the characters they play.  Still miss Sid, but glad they often have old favorites come back & still do a show or two on occasion.

Enjoying Season 7 now in the US.  But the Cotswolds is clearly the "star" of this show.

Thank you!!!!!  I love this show and can’t wait for Season 7 to start airing on my local PBS station or Netflix.  And I agree - the scenery is wonderful.

• Like 3

I can't wait for Season 7 to hit Netflix. I hope it will! I miss Sid and Lady Felicia, but I like Bunty. I really dislike Inspector Mallory.

• Like 2

I'm excited!!  Looks like Season 7 starts on my local station this Saturday:)

I miss Sid and Lady Felicia ....

Yes, I miss her too.  

Was able to catch Sid (Alex Price) in NYC during one of his last performances in the Cursed Child on Broadway, & actor Paul Thornley who was in the same show (he played Joseph in S4, Ep 10 "Wrath of Baron Samdi").   

I don't mind Bunty as much any more, tho she is certainly no substitute for Lady F.

But while Mallory remains an incessantly annoying & condescending buffoon, he is ok. Although he needs to tone down that "Jolly Roger" pirate delivery - it's getting old. (I still prefer the 1st two inspectors)

Show is quintessentially English of the 50's, well-acted, intelligently written - love it!

Spoiler

note:  for those who haven't watched any of Season 7 yet, a couple of old favorite faces will return.  

Edited by swissair100
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'm excited!!  Looks like Season 7 starts on my local station this Saturday:)

Yes, we are  almost finished with Season 7 on PBS. This is an excellent season!

Edited by One4Sorrow2TooBad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Yes, we at almost finished with Season 7 on PBS.

We had to wait thru reruns of season 6😕

• Like 1

I've watched the available seasons several times. Just something I like about it, from the "sticking your nose in again father" to the people around him.

• Like 1

For you regular watchers, I have a question.  Is Father Brown supposed to be a Catholic or an Anglican priest?  I assumed Catholic, but if so, there are a heck of a lot more Catholics in England than I would expect.

Is Father Brown supposed to be a Catholic or an Anglican priest?  I assumed Catholic ..

Yes, Catholic.

(compared to Grantchester's Sidney Chambers who is Anglican)

Edited by swissair100
  • Useful 1

I enjoy this show and hope the newest season makes it to Netflix soon!

I didn't like how Sid was written out by having him spend a year in jail for a crime he didn't commit. I didn't think it fit with the cozy vibe of the show and was especially awful to see happen to IMO the most likable member of the team.

Bunty is ok, but I much prefer Sid and Lady Felicia.

• Like 1