Type keyword(s) to search

Love After Lockup: Life After Lockup

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I think the producers make them do that so we can watch the look of horror on their faces or the overcompensatingly nice reactions!

Oh, of course. But its so hilariously awkward. Its like vegans, or people from California, or people who drive a BMW, who have to announce these things within thirty seconds of meeting you. (Pax, Californians!)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jasmine’s fixation in Scott being the bad guy is just bizarre. My guess is she would have a problem with any man Lizzie was dating. I think she has convinced herself Lizzie is just this great person who was led astray by the men in her life. Or maybe Jasmine knows Lizzie will dump her in a second if she can find a man to support her in the jail lifestyle to which she has become accustomed. 

Well - Jazmine did have a good point in that Scott sent Lizzie money in prison knowing that she was going to spend it on drugs. I don't agree with that sort of enabling and I can see Jazmine being pissed about it. 

I think that a lot of Jasmine's dislike of Scott is displaced anger at her mother. I think Jazmine thought for a long time that when her mother finally got out of prison, Lizzie would focus on rebuilding their relationship. Instead Lizzie literally leapt right into Scott's arms - and somehow Jazmine blames Scott for that, not Lizzie. 

Marcellino has always rubbed me the wrong way. I think he only wants 100% custody so he doesn’t have to deal with the boy’s father and it is an ownership type thing to him. He comes across as very controlling. 

I don't particularly like Marcellino and I agree that he is controlling. However, I do think he genuinely loves Brittney and I think he loves Giovanni. I think that part of the custody issue is Marcellino wanting to "win" over Tito but I think part of it is a genuine affection for the boy and a desire to protect Brittney from potentially losing him.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I think the whole custody drama is just for TV. Brittney can’t be dumb enough to believe she is going to go to court and get 100% custody a year out of prison from her child’s father who no one is claiming is in any way a bad parent. I also can’t see Tito not fighting her for custody. I think they were always going to end up with some type of shared custody but need to amp up the drama for the show. Marcellino has always rubbed me the wrong way. I think he only wants 100% custody so he doesn’t have to deal with the boy’s father and it is an ownership type thing to him. He comes across as very controlling. Although I can understand not wanting Brittney to spend time with her former cell mates, I think Marcellino wouldn’t want her to have any friends. He crosses me as someone who thinks you should only spend tome with the people in your house. Does he even have any friends? 

Jasmine’s fixation in Scott being the bad guy is just bizarre. My guess is she would have a problem with any man Lizzie was dating. I think she has convinced herself Lizzie is just this great person who was led astray by the men in her life. Or maybe Jasmine knows Lizzie will dump her in a second if she can find a man to support her in the jail lifestyle to which she has become accustomed. 

ITA about jasmine.  I think she loves her mother and it's easier to blame Scott.  

It's why I also forgive her the constant "likes.". I think she is doing that as a way to keep from cursing Lizzie out.  But, Lizzies need to be worshipped and coddled will always take precedent over jasmine.  I suspect Lizzie going to Scott is probably part of a storyline. 

But, as much as Lizzie wants money, she wants to be worshipped.  She wants goddess status.  The only man who is going to do that for her is Scott.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Jasmine’s fixation in Scott being the bad guy is just bizarre. My guess is she would have a problem with any man Lizzie was dating. I think she has convinced herself Lizzie is just this great person who was led astray by the men in her life.

Her issue was that Scott was knowingly supplying drug money to Lizzie in prison. This doesn't seem unreasonable, imo.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Her issue was that Scott was knowingly supplying drug money to Lizzie in prison. This doesn't seem unreasonable, imo.

It's not unreasonable and even if it was unreasonable that's her mother.  It's natural not to want to blame your mother, IMO.  So she may do mental acrobatics to find a way to blame Scott.  

I kinda think (hope?) that this was done for a storyline.  Previews of Lizzie slapping Scott for "cheating on her" look very telenovela.

3 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

It's not unreasonable and even if it was unreasonable that's her mother.  It's natural not to want to blame your mother, IMO.  So she may do mental acrobatics to find a way to blame Scott.  

I kinda think (hope?) that this was done for a storyline.  Previews of Lizzie slapping Scott for "cheating on her" look very telenovela.

• Love 1

I thought Lizzie dumped Scott when she found out he had run through all his money.  I don’t get how the dumpee is cheating dating someone else.  Plus, she went on a blind date with the young bearded guy.  How would that not be cheating if they were still together?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Spike said:

I thought Lizzie dumped Scott when she found out he had run through all his money.  I don’t get how the dumpee is cheating dating someone else.  Plus, she went on a blind date with the young bearded guy.  How would that not be cheating if they were still together?

You're not really trying to apply logic to anything Lizzie does, are you?

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Sarah did have one huge accomplishment this week.  During her screaming fit, for once in his life, Murgh enunciated enough to be understood.  He was no longer a contender for the role of lead zombie.  

Dying.  

• Love 1

I hadn't realized this joy of a spinoff had started, so I'm catching up. But man, I have never loved a person on a reality show more than Scott's blind date (sorry Sumit's friend from 9DF The Other Way; you've been dethroned!). Her "That doesn't sound insane; that is insane", "It sounds like you also need therapy", and "Maybe he can be the perfect mate for someone -  NOT ME - but someone" was just killing me. And WOW, she was pretty and wildly out of Scott's league.

Once again, Tennison and Nyla are the most mature people on this show. Nyla demanding money to go to the beach with her mom is still one of my favorite moments on the first season. I'm guessing they've been parenting Andrea for awhile and that's why they've got their heads screwed on so straight. I can kind of see why Lamar and Andrea didn't move to SLC immediately - as I recall, the whole reason Andrea moved to LA was because Lamar's parole stipulated that he couldn't leave the area. And if I remember right, his daughter is also nearby, so he might still want to stay close (I seem to remember that he felt guilty for being away for most of her childhood).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I hadn't realized this joy of a spinoff had started, so I'm catching up. But man, I have never loved a person on a reality show more than Scott's blind date (sorry Sumit's friend from 9DF The Other Way; you've been dethroned!). Her "That doesn't sound insane; that is insane", "It sounds like you also need therapy", and "Maybe he can be the perfect mate for someone -  NOT ME - but someone" was just killing me. And WOW, she was pretty and wildly out of Scott's league.

Once again, Tennison and Nyla are the most mature people on this show. Nyla demanding money to go to the beach with her mom is still one of my favorite moments on the first season. I'm guessing they've been parenting Andrea for awhile and that's why they've got their heads screwed on so straight. I can kind of see why Lamar and Andrea didn't move to SLC immediately - as I recall, the whole reason Andrea moved to LA was because Lamar's parole stipulated that he couldn't leave the area. And if I remember right, his daughter is also nearby, so he might still want to stay close (I seem to remember that he felt guilty for being away for most of her childhood).

Yeah, but is he really seeing her all that often now?  I think he'd be so much less tempted to get into these troublesome situations if he was physically somewhere else.  Utah is a pretty short flight to LA and tickets can't be that expensive if you buy them in advance.  

I mean, it'll be culture shock for sure.  No M&Ms and it's just a totally different vibe.  But maybe they just stay there a few years and move somewhere that's more "in the middle" geographically and philosophically.

Did they ever talk about this before he was released the first time?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, but is he really seeing her all that often now?  I think he'd be so much less tempted to get into these troublesome situations if he was physically somewhere else.  Utah is a pretty short flight to LA and tickets can't be that expensive if you buy them in advance.  

I mean, it'll be culture shock for sure.  No M&Ms and it's just a totally different vibe.  But maybe they just stay there a few years and move somewhere that's more "in the middle" geographically and philosophically.

Did they ever talk about this before he was released the first time?

I don't think they ever considered it, because his parole required him to stay in LA. And because we all know Andrea has common sense, her first thought was "Uproot my kids and move them to a different state!!!"

I mean, I think he'd probably have a better shot in SLC too. I'm just wondering how much of his parole stipulations are dictating where they live.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I don't think they ever considered it, because his parole required him to stay in LA. And because we all know Andrea has common sense, her first thought was "Uproot my kids and move them to a different state!!!"

I mean, I think he'd probably have a better shot in SLC too. I'm just wondering how much of his parole stipulations are dictating where they live.

I'm not too hip to the game, but I had heard somewhere that your parole officer had the discretion to allow you to move to another state.  I think all things considered, unless Lamar's parole officer hates him, he would grant the request.  Being around the old neighborhood with the same people and the same temptations can't be for the best.

• Love 7

So Tracie goes on a drugs binge and is sent back to jail where (as anyone who watches 60 Days In knows) all you get to eat is carbs, carbs and carbs with a side of carbs. So although I can understand that she probably lost 40lbs during her crack/meth sojourn on the run from Clint, I can't believe that the only thing she gained in jail was a tattoo of what looked like the word "C*nt" on her ring finger.  Coincidentally (as anyone who watches 60 Days In also knows), it seems all too easy for drugs to be smuggled into prison.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

A lot of prisons are substituting soy for meat as protein (I think because it’s cheaper) but some inmates refuse to eat it because they claim it causes digestive issues.

Edited by Spike
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Spike said:

A lot of prisons are substituting soy for meat as protein (I think because it’s cheaper) but some inmates refuse to eat it because they claim it causes digestive issues.

Wow, I've watched MSNBC lock up and I cannot imagine how much cheaper soy must be to replace like the incredibly cheap bologna and "ground meat product" (I assume it's mostly rats, pig anus and chicken beaks) that they use in prison.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

So, I've got 3 episodes showing up as "new" tonight.  None say "expanded", but I don't know the names of the episodes we've seen so far.   Anyone know what 's up? 

ETA.  I just found my answer.  None are new.  I hate this BS that the channels are doing now with this "new" business.  What are they trying to accomplish?   I 'm still not gonna watch it a second time.  All it does is jack up the DVR and irritate me.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

So, I've got 3 episodes showing up as "new" tonight.  None say "expanded", but I don't know the names of the episodes we've seen so far.   Anyone know what 's up? 

ETA.  I just found my answer.  None are new.  I hate this BS that the channels are doing now with this "new" business.  What are they trying to accomplish?   I 'm still not gonna watch it a second time.  All it does is jack up the DVR and irritate me.

I just had one pop up on my DVR, but it was a "preview" of the upcoming season.  I haven't watched it yet.  I'll watch it tonight when I watch the actual new episode.  

I hope WeTV doesn't go the route of that clusterfuck programming provided by TLC.  I still struggle trying to figure out what's really "new" on TLC, between the extended episodes, the supersized episodes, and then trying to ferret out the actual "new" episode.  Ugh.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I hope WeTV doesn't go the route of that clusterfuck programming provided by TLC.

They already have.  It must accomplish something, I just don't know what.  All three of last night's episodes were labeled "new" on the on-screen guide and dated 7-4-19.  That makes the DVR season pass pick up and record them.

So now, with my trash TV, I can't tell the DVR to record "New" episodes of 90 Day, 600# or LAL.  If I do, every night will be jammed up with their programs and 90% will be "expanded" or "supersized".  Ridic.

I

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I just had one pop up on my DVR, but it was a "preview" of the upcoming season.  I haven't watched it yet.  I'll watch it tonight when I watch the actual new episode.  

I hope WeTV doesn't go the route of that clusterfuck programming provided by TLC.  I still struggle trying to figure out what's really "new" on TLC, between the extended episodes, the supersized episodes, and then trying to ferret out the actual "new" episode.  Ugh.

The preview was only two minutes but it looks like another high quality shitshow.

• Love 3

I’ve found Life After Lockup to be boring. Which is heartbreaking as this was must see TV at one point. 

Clint has aged in front of our eyes. He’s 39 going on 50+ in looks. He is not sober and obviously Tracy isn’t either.  I hope his parents have willed their money to the University of New Mexico or a pet rescue or a cheese factory- anywhere but to him. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 7/3/2019 at 11:59 AM, Spike said:

I can kind of understand why women go for “hot” inmates, but Lamar looks like Homer Simpson.

I think Andrea and Lamar look a lot alike.  Yikes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
36 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

I’ve found Life After Lockup to be boring. Which is heartbreaking as this was must see TV at one point. 

Clint has aged in front of our eyes. He’s 39 going on 50+ in looks. He is not sober and obviously Tracy isn’t either.  I hope his parents have willed their money to the University of New Mexico or a pet rescue or a cheese factory- anywhere but to him. 

If trickle down economics works, whatever money Clint gets will end up funding college for the child of a poor street dealer.

His poor parents, what a dud.  Can't put all your eggs in one basket I guess.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2

Michael trying to get some "sucky sucky" from Megan in the backseat. 😳 Michael has the nerve to get mad about somebody else cheating.

I don't even like Scott but I like Lizzy less. I wish he would have blown her off instead of falling at her feet. Her ego is already overblown.

Mormonism or sweet booze? I don't even think that's a contest for Lamar.

Clint and my goddess, way to make a good impression meeting his parents showing up late. I hope his mom will stand strong and not let them take advantage, I don't trust Tracie or Clint.

Brittany's storyline doesn't interest me. Marcelino's way of speaking gets on my nerves so I usually tune them out.

• Love 15

Well, that old ass, beat down, floppy udders Lizzie sure has a high opinion of herself.  Smiling and batting her eyes like she's decades younger than she is.  And pitiful snaggletooth will just lap up whatever she throws at him.  They deserve each other and all the misery that befalls them.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Well, that old ass, beat down, floppy udders Lizzie sure has a high opinion of herself.  Smiling and batting her eyes like she's decades younger than she is.  And pitiful snaggletooth will just lap up whatever she throws at him.  They deserve each other and all the misery that befalls them.

I want whatever mirror Lizzie has that makes her believe she is a young trim hot sexy chic. I wonder if she has any idea that the entire viewing audience cannot stand her and thinks she is nasty old ugly trash. She has to know, right? It's all over the internet!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Goodness gracious, Lamar's family is a virtual Spelman Think Tank.  What a Table of  Wisdom, especially that slurring female.  They do not want Lamar to better himself and get away from "the life" and will thwart his every step.

The reason for his inability to stay out of the pokey is becoming very clear.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I want whatever mirror Lizzie has that makes her believe she is a young trim hot sexy chic.

The Looking Glass of Delusion.

She has whatever the opposite of body dysmorphia is.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Did anyone notice Scott had an old lady lamp in his house?   I wonder if inherited a furnished house from a grandmother or great aunt.  He doesn’t seem like the type who has the discipline to save a down payment.  

I don’t have any tears for Sascha. Does she know about the felony murder rule?  She is lucky she was the first one to cooperate and  got the deal.  Two people end up dead but she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Yeah right.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Goodness gracious, Lamar's family is a virtual Spelman Think Tank.  What a Table of  Wisdom, especially that slurring female.  They do not want Lamar to better himself and get away from "the life" and will thwart his every step.

The reason for his inability to stay out of the pokey is becoming very clear.

Yes, they were a bunch of wisdom seekers, no?

36 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Michael trying to get some "sucky sucky" from Megan in the backseat. 😳 Michael has the nerve to get mad about somebody else cheating.

He has a high opinion of himself, doesn't he?  He wants MeganMyQueen to break up with him so he can play victim.  Ugh.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Did anyone notice Scott had an old lady lamp in his house?   I wonder if inherited a furnished house from a grandmother or great aunt

I noticed the dirty red velvet chairs with the gold spray painted frames.....Klassy enough for royality like Lizarda.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

So that was Megan's secret? She talked to Michael's friend? That was it? Watching her bring slimeball his lunch and eating it in the freezing cold car and then crawling in the back seat was beyond pathetic. Then she's acting all full of herself because she's not permitted in the house but will pull up in the driveway for spite. Ohhhhhh, Megan, you got some balls, girl. Jeezus. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Megan kissed the guy. I believe it was more than a kiss, but I really don’t care enough to find out. 

All of these people are not better the second time around. Lamar will be back in the slammer in no time and the kids are the only smart ones in the room. 

Clint’s mother is aging before my eyes. 

Scott becomes a bigger idiot with each episode.

I hope this show picks it up a little or I will be dozing off before it’s over.

• Love 10

First of all, I could not deal with the Chuck Norris Jesuses on the Christmas tree. 

Secondly, Megan's lame ass secret can kick rocks. 

Tertiary, the whole fraudulent setup with Scott and Lizzie is a struggle.

In conclusion, Tracie is on all the drugs. 

Goodnight

• LOL 10
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, CouchTater said:

think Andrea and Lamar look a lot alike.  Yikes.

I agree. Shave him and put a big old wig on his bald head and he'd look like her older sister.

I couldn't really understand what Megan was saying, what with all the bleeping and mush mouthing from Rat Boy, but I think she said she met 'Barack', kissed him, and called him a few times. Also sent him a (not naked) pic. Rat Boy is indignant at her treachery; of course, it's just fine that he himself is cheating on his pregnant wife. At least Megan's not pregnant; maybe she's smarter than she acts.

Traci was still wearing some hunk of fake hair on the back of her head, right? Her real hair is so thin. I admit I laughed when Clint suggested that she dress conservatively by wearing a pair of jeans without holes.

Marcellino is a pompous ass, but Brittney has been told her options: stay away from your felon friends or risk losing custody of Giovanni. It's too bad he can't show her more sympathy; I'm afraid she may just decide to continue seeing them because he's so insufferable.

• Love 8

Listening to Lamar and his cousin Shalita... I had to check to make sure I didn't accidentally turn on the TV's slow-motion mode.  Holy fuck, just spit it out.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Did Lizard actually slap Scott? What the hell are we watching? Then she's driving down the road saying how beautiful Cali is while straightening her wig in the mirror? I swear this woman is totally in on the joke and enjoying every minute of it while making a few extra bucks to boot!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

So that was Megan's secret? She talked to Michael's friend? That was it? Watching her bring slimeball his lunch and eating it in the freezing cold car and then crawling in the back seat was beyond pathetic. Then she's acting all full of herself because she's not permitted in the house but will pull up in the driveway for spite. Ohhhhhh, Megan, you got some balls, girl. Jeezus. 

That bitch.  Of course it's something dumb.  I'm such a fool.  But thank goodness she isn't pregnant.  While I'm annoyed, I'd like to give her credit for that....even though it may just be luck.

16 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Did Lizard actually slap Scott? What the hell are we watching? Then she's driving down the road saying how beautiful Cali is while straightening her wig in the mirror? I swear this woman is totally in on the joke and enjoying every minute of it while making a few extra bucks to boot!

She needs to start a GoFundMe for a decent wig, or at least for a wig tutorial.

• Love 4

Tracey and  Clint could earn extra money by appearing on a faces of meth poster.  They are both looking rough.  Alice is aging rapidly from dealing with her idiot son.  

Marcelino,  ugh.  What a pompous ass.  There are so many people on this show that cannot say something without either being a total mushmouth (Murgh), or babble a bunch of BS.  As always, Andrea's kids for the win.  They, and Clint's parents, are the only seemingly intelligent people on the show.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13