Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E15: Death Race

• Start Topic

The eight remaining players endure one of the hardest Finals in Challenge history, but not everyone will make it to the end of the day. A never before seen twist shocks the challengers and changes the game completely.

Airs May 15, 2019.

20 hours ago, Hiacios said:

So they're running an ultra marathon? 

I don't think so.  I noticed they were on bikes in some of the shots.  You can cover a lot of miles on a bike and, depending on the terrain, it can be relatively easy.  

I’m so bummed about Georgia and Mattie. I so wanted at least one of the women to have a good showing and now the two left are the two I just can’t root for. Ugh. 

Jesus Cara, get the fluids. I don’t understand her saying she has a fear of needles when she has tattoos. 

That final is truly brutal. I wonder if they test the course with athletes to determine whether or not it could actually kill someone. I’m glad it is challenging though. The last few have been pretty weak. 

• Love 6
(edited)

In my heart of hearts, I believe BMP will shut down when someone dies on camera. I feel that is their ultimate goal, and this episode did little to dissuade me from that Two players bowed out, and the others finished in a great deal of pain. Aside from a few interviews and the horrific image of the Wes Baby, this was a fucking brutal episode to watch.

Still less of a clusterfuck than the Survivor finale, though.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am just thanking my lucky stars Pauldouche wasn't in the finals. Can everyone imagine his interviews about how him and Cara are the bestest ever and then them two calling out babe to each other. 

I laughed my ass off about ginger Wes Baby. 

I felt bad for all of them, doing that much is brutal but in the heat is 500 times worse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, toodywoody said:

When did Cara become such a wuss? I get being scared of needles but come on.

Saw an Instagram post from her last night where she said she wasn't afraid of needles themselves, just medical procedures involving them.

2 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Saw an Instagram post from her last night where she said she wasn't afraid of needles themselves, just medical procedures involving them.

Yeah, I'm not a fan (she's too Paulie-adjacent), but I understood that. Tattoos are basically surface level - getting an IV put in is a whole other thing. She still should have done it, for her body's sake, but the fear itself is rational ish.

In other news, it took me less than five minutes to yell "Shut the fuck up, Ninja" at the TV. Her ridiculous running leap out the door of the house when TJ pulled up was wayyyyyyyy over the top. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Tattoos are basically surface level - getting an IV put in is a whole other thing. She still should have done it, for her body's sake, but the fear itself is rational ish.

Not at all judging the fear itself, but the protracted hissy fit came across as attention-seeking more than anything.

So based on the times they showed us, Hunter is about 1.5 hours behind Theo at this point? And Wes is only 10 minutes out of first place? I wonder how Theo will do at eating, if that's one of the things they still have to do. I feel like it might be Theo's downfall (assuming any of them can move at all, after that first day).

• Love 5

After years of fans complaining that the finals were too easy, they go and make it arguably too brutally tough. If it is so painful that it makes Turbo cry out in pain, you know it’s ridiculously difficult. 

I wonder if the total time will count or if they will just narrow it down to each player getting only a 5 minute head start over the next ranked player? Because if total time is used, Theo,Wes, and Turbo are probably the only ones who can finish top 3. 

The tribunal has to eliminate Ninja. Cara’s stupid decision to not take the IV is going to cost her, and Hunter isn’t built for this type of final. It’s obvious to see how Ashley smoked him in the running portion last season. 

I hope there will be a water based leg, more puzzles, and an eating challenge. If it’s strictly strength/endurance based, Theo will be difficult to beat. I was impressed that at his size he would have such good endurance. 

• Love 2

Word to the wise, if you don’t want to be spoiled do not look at Wes’ Instagram!

I never want to be spoiled and I barely look at anyone’s social media anyway but I do love Wes and thought I’d take a look at what he said about last night’s show.  Big mistake. Some idiots in the comments spilled the names and order of the top 3 

So annoyed!  I avoid spoilers on every show and yet I got it ruined.  Just trying to pass the word along don’t look at their social media this week!

6 hours ago, strippedhalo said:

Not at all judging the fear itself, but the protracted hissy fit came across as attention-seeking more than anything.

Yeah, she could have just walked outside or something. Enough with the flailing and the screaming and being entitled enough to demand everyone cover up their arms. Maybe I don't want to cover up my arms. I don't care that you're having such a theatrical breakdown, especially if it might get you a little bit closer to quitting. 

Glad I'm not such a wuss about that since I have to get my blood drawn and tested frequently for health reasons. As an adult, I've been mostly lucky with the people drawing my blood knowing how to find my bloody vein (no pun intended), but recently I had to get poked by 3 different people before they could get a good hit. I still remember as a kid, I think my record was getting stuck with a needle 10 different times in different places (they were finally successful with a vein right underneath my outer wrist bone - FUCKING OWWW), and I sucked it up, didn't cry, and enjoyed my OJ and a lollipop after it was over. Get yourself together Cara. Between her antics here and her remark about how behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way, I just can't with her.

• Love 4

I’ve been one to complain about easy finals for the last few years. So I was pumped to see it was going to actually be difficult. But man did they overcorrect. This was brutal. I get running, I get biking, but in the sand? In the brutal heat? In the middle of the day? I don’t think I could have done one lap. Poor Georgia. Girl was absolutely delirious asking if Bear was there. I hope she comes back in a future season. And while Mattie technically quit, TJ shockingly did not give her a hard time. I mean he even complimented her and gave her advice. I’ve really grown to care for Teej over the years. I feel like his personality has come out more these last few seasons and I like it.

I can’t help it... I’m still pulling for Wes. Theo seems fine but he’s been tainted by being Cara Maria’s partner. Just please not Ninja or CM.

Speaking of CM, my DVR cut off. Did it end with her freaking out? Or did something else happen?

• Love 2

Finally, a brutal final! I'm loving every minute of it. 

I'm rooting for Theo or Wes. I know that all of you hate Ninja Nat, but I don't, so if she wins, I won't be upset either. She was so good at all of the carnival games. I Found it interesting that nobody could complete that color puzzle. 

I have to get my blood work done every three months, and they have trouble finding my vein every single time. I absolutely hate it, but damn was Cara overly dramatic. Get it together, girl!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, UGAmp said:

I’ve been one to complain about easy finals for the last few years. So I was pumped to see it was going to actually be difficult. But man did they overcorrect. This was brutal. I get running, I get biking, but in the sand? In the brutal heat? In the middle of the day? I don’t think I could have done one lap. Poor Georgia. Girl was absolutely delirious asking if Bear was there. I hope she comes back in a future season. And while Mattie technically quit, TJ shockingly did not give her a hard time. I mean he even complimented her and gave her advice. I’ve really grown to care for Teej over the years. I feel like his personality has come out more these last few seasons and I like it.

I can’t help it... I’m still pulling for Wes. Theo seems fine but he’s been tainted by being Cara Maria’s partner. Just please not Ninja or CM.

Speaking of CM, my DVR cut off. Did it end with her freaking out? Or did something else happen?

After they finished their IVs, they were informed there would be a tribunal consisting of Theo, Wes and Turbo. They are to vote on Hunter, CM and Ninja for the killing floor. 

I wonder how this would’ve gone if Georgia and Mattie had also completed the first part. Double elimination?

• Love 2
23 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

In other news, it took me less than five minutes to yell "Shut the fuck up, Ninja" at the TV. Her ridiculous running leap out the door of the house when TJ pulled up was wayyyyyyyy over the top. 

OMG yes!! That and the running across the table. She's so annoying.

Poor Georgia, I was rooting for her.

I probably shouldn't have laughed but I kinda watching everyone limp up at the end, including Theo who could only put on one shoe. 

• Love 6

Yeah the heat is brutal but they’ve also had finals in the cold weather, which also causes bodies to shut down.

Hard to run a marathon without train8ng for it for weeks.

Those check points if they’re too strenuous and difficult it might be better finding shade and taking time outs and resting.  Chasing after those rings, balls and tires might not be worth the energy expended.

Really a big part of the episode was the competitors hunched over from exhaustion or dragging their tails around the course.  Yeah I don’t know if it’s exactly thrilling television.

Maybe a long obstacle course spread out over a couple of miles would be more interesting visually, though again, after exhaustion people would have difficulties climbing over things and potentially liable to serious injury.

Or if they could go through some scenic places like the time they ran the final in Norway.

Theo should have an advantage depending on whether he was train8ng at Olympian levels before the Challenge.  So there has to be eating and puzzles ahead or else hard to see much suspense left.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:09 PM, Giuseppe said:

Dammit, why didn't my DVR record anything tonight? It must have been listed differently on the schedule for it not to have picked it up.  So irritated.

Yea, same thing happened to me. For some reason they decided to call this ep "The Challenge: War of the Worlds" when they have just been titled "The Challenge" up until this point and the finale is titled "The Challenge." Very stupid.

• Useful 1

This first leg of the final looked extremely difficult! Past finals have looked so easy compared to this one. I would’ve bowed out especially with the heat.

Ninja really annoyed me this episode, although I did feel bad for her when she needed medical attention. I think ultimately she’ll be the one the Tribunal will vote for, at least 2 out of 3 will. Wes will probably vote for Cara.

If I had to guess who the winner will be, I think it’s going to be Theo. That guy is a beast and I would be happy if he won. He seems like an overall nice guy and has performed so well on this Challenge. 

On 5/16/2019 at 12:14 AM, angelamh66 said:

I’m so bummed about Georgia and Mattie. I so wanted at least one of the women to have a good showing and now the two left are the two I just can’t root for. Ugh. 

Jesus Cara, get the fluids. I don’t understand her saying she has a fear of needles when she has tattoos. 

That final is truly brutal. I wonder if they test the course with athletes to determine whether or not it could actually kill someone. I’m glad it is challenging though. The last few have been pretty weak. 

I'm pretty sure all of the challenges and likely finals is tested beforehand. TJ had made reference to it with respect to a particularly hard challenge for the cast and he pointed out that the trial athletes were able to complete it.

The show has been slacking on their finals for some years now so I was excited to see a final that looked to be really tough but hell, this looked brutal and at times I felt uncomfortable watching it because I wasn't sure if the contestants had water readily accessible to them. I know they had backpacks but with Georgia and Ninja passing out, surely hydration was part of the reason, it made me question whether they do have access to water. Especially given the factors and environment, it seems inhumane to not provide them with at least that - it's not like the water is going to make their legs any less sore from all those miles covered.

I was surprised by Cara's reaction to the needles, especially considering that it was intended to help the contestants after such a horrible first leg. Her choice not to take it but her flailing around in the confined space while the others around her were receiving their needles slightly angered me. It was just so reckless and in her own fear, she could have caused unnecessary pain to somebody else. Strategically, she seems the safest person to keep around for the tribunal. They all finished ahead of her and she refused the needle which has a good chance to put her at a disadvantage. She may be a tough competitor but given the circumstances, I would wager my bets and keep her.

• Love 2

I have a double digit number of tattoos and had to get an EMG/NCV the other day and would have rather been getting ten more tats than going through that.

But I wasn’t a big fucking dramatic baby about it though.  Jesus Christ.

I know she still has her stans because they never shut up on Twitter but I really hope the number is smaller than it was before the season started.  And she is so not self-aware to know how terribly she is coming across.

Mattie wearing her red Under Armour shirt getting ready to leave was so much prettier than Mattie all dolled up in her confessional.

• Love 2

It has been a heck of a week and I don’t remember the baby Wes stuff. *hangs head in shame* 

Can NOT stand Cara. And just thought “child please” as she had a meltdown over the IV. As a person with type 1 diabetes for 20 years, I wanted to yell at her to just suck it up, that without the IV, she would not win. I hate needles but you know what, I’ll gladly (and do) accept them if they are keeping me alive. My needle count is probably close to six figures at this point. Just shut up Cara. 

• Love 2