Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Upstate Girls

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

Luann's house is not that far upstate. It is along the Hudson River. I've been to Rhinebeck and it is no more than 90 minuutes past NYC. When I think of upstate I think Ithaca, or Albany, or Binghamton.

Rhinebeck is over 100 miles from NYC it takes longer than 90 minutes to get there even with no traffic.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, albarino said:

I like Tinsley but I compare her (and Jax) with my life.  At 43, I had been retired for three years from the Air Force.  I had lived in lots of places, made many decisions and commanded lots of people.  

Decide already.  This really isn't that nuanced.  Kid, yes or no.  The end.

KFB’s take on Tinsley.

I like Tinsley for the show but I think she’s a mess and her own brand of cray cray is bubbling just below the surface.

I think back when she married Topper she soon discovered it wasn’t the life she wanted. The money yes, attending high society events yes. But everything else NO. She wanted to party and be photographed. She didn’t want babies and she wanted to be seen and photographed. Old money – you are in the papers 3 times in your life – when you’re born, when you marry and when you die – she didn’t want a quiet life.

I believe some promoter came up to her with Vanity Business Project while she was married – and she thought she could pull it off. She convinced herself she could be the next Paris Hilton and brand herself. It was a stupid move – while I believe she could have made some coin – she was TOO old. Paris and Nicole started when they were 18, Tinsley was 32. Tinsley may have dressed young but she wasn’t young. Tinsley had initial success – but once the Asian market discovered her age, that she was only a socialite by marriage and not born into old money – her businesses dissolved.

I don’t think Tinsley got tons of money from Topper. Whatever she got – she blew it away. While I believe Dale has some influence on Tinsley – Dale can’t control her – Tinsley is headstrong. Had Dale been able to control Tinsley, Tinsley would have stayed with Topper and had at least one child and she would have had a better divorce settlement. Had Dale had influence over Tinsley, Tinsley would have left Nico once he made it apparent she was a side piece and a secret at that.

I don’t think Tinsley loves/loved Scott. I think Scott represents Topper and getting Scott would have “fixed” what she did wrong with Topper. I don’t think she wants children at all, she wants a man that has enough money for her to live in comfort.

I think the men Tinsley is attracted to and do it for her are in their 20’s/30’s, brunettes and physically fit. The men she actually wants is a “playboy”. I think Tinsley thought she hit the jackpot with Nico – his family money is way more than what she saw with Topper. I think this is where she spent the most of her settlement, to try to keep up with the Fanjuls. I also think she is still in love with him.

I don’t believe Scott was controlling, I also don’t believe Scott teased her with engagement ring photos. I believe Tinsley was relentless with her nagging and trying to make a guy who wants the single life into a guy that wants to settle down with. The man didn’t even want to live with her – and she still couldn’t buy a clue. I think that’s why Scott broke up with her 20 times in their first year.

Tinsley really is Sonja – just not as destitute. This is why Sonja dislikes her so much – you only need one with a similar story line for this franchise – if there comes a time to choose – Sonja’s apple is in jeopardy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Hey hey hey.... I'm a born and bred Jersey girl who grew up in Atlantic City. Some of the Ocean Club high rises are beautiful and we would never let Countess Lu move in without proper background checks. 

Atlantic City is currently experiencing a Renaissance and do not need any more booze hounds trawling our beloved boardwalk and beautiful beach! 

I was gonna say Reno but since she lives on the West Coast....! Lol! Sorry!

Lu is a thief!  

Lu stole Ramona’s man.  The one she married and then divorced in less than 2 weeks.

Lu stole B’s bitchiness, poverty and lawsuits.

Lu stole Dorinda’s Jovani ‘let’s do business together’ connection. 

Lu also stole Soup from the needy!

Lu stole her children’s trust fund money.

If Barbara took her to a construction site.  Lu would steal all her men for a quickie behind the site dumpster. She is such a man eater.

Lu stole Sonja’s Cabaret career and oven jokes.    Not with a tiny toaster oven......but, a whole big ass 80’s stove!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I was gonna say Reno but since she lives on the West Coast....! Lol! Sorry!

Lu is a thief!  

Lu stole Ramona’s man.  The one she married and then divorced in less than 2 weeks.

Lu stole B’s bitchiness, poverty and lawsuits.

Lu stole Dorinda’s Jovani ‘let’s do business together’ connection. 

Lu also stole Soup from the needy!

Lu stole her children’s trust fund money.

If Barbara took her to a construction site.  Lu would steal all her men for a quickie behind the site dumpster. She is such a man eater.

Lu stole Sonja’s Cabaret career and oven jokes.    Not with a tiny toaster oven......but, a whole big ass 80’s stove!

Lol!!  Harry? Sonja's man.  A a confirmed and aging bachelor/whooer who hasn't had and doesn't want one wife?   She's a certified snake in the grass and/or has a rather adept talent for redirecting men who think they're on dates with other women, but shit, they all seemed to go of their own volition.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
Just now, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!!  Harry? Sonja's man.  A a confirmed and aging bachelor/whooer who hasn't had and doesn't want one wife?   She's a certified snake in the grass and/or has a rather adept talent for redirecting men who think they're on dates with other women, but shit, they all seemed to go of their own volition.  

No Tom who had dated both Sonja and Ramona.

• Love 3

I am really enjoying the “zero fucks left to give” Tinsley. She is clearly over each and everyone of these women and those she can tolerate as a “friend” she knows exactly who they are and where they are coming from. Now if she could just translate this to the rest of her life, instead of be overcome with FOMO, she’d be a much happier person. 

• Love 17
(edited)

Frankly, with that kitchen stuff being left in the second bedroom, I'm having doubts that Lu actually bought that house. There's no reason for a true homeowner to leave that 2nd kitchen in.

Edited by rhys
Better sentence
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, rhys said:

There's no reason for a true homeowner to leave that 2nd kitchen in.

She’d only been there a month at that point so maybe she is planning on it. 

• Love 6

But then why paint around all that? Why not address the elephant in the room? Just say: "Crikey, I don't know what the previous homeowners were smoking when they put a complete kitchen in a bedroom, but next month, I'm having it pulled out & having everything painted."

• Love 10
13 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I liked Bethenny and Ramona at the lunch with Tinsley. They were blunt without being mean. I especially liked that Bethenny said "There's no wrong answer", because Tinsley has spent much of her life with the opposite mentality.

Sonja was obnoxious in some parts but great in others. She is self-aware about her drinking, and I have to say it's like a mirror to myself. I don't drink every day, but when I do, it's ON (binge-drinking) and like her, I have to re-evaluate every now and then.

The preview for next week when she dryly says "Best rendition I ever heard" after the old lady sings "Money Can't Buy You Class"? THE SHADE.

I haven't watched yet but I wanted to comment on this.  Good friends and those that wish the best for you will give you the honest truth (without being a dick) and those that don't care will blow smoke up your hindquarters.  I hope Tinsley takes it to heart.  I think she has the life she really wants but is too scared to tell Dale.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, rhys said:

But then why paint around all that? Why not address the elephant in the room? Just say: "Crikey, I don't know what the previous homeowners were smoking when they put a complete kitchen in a bedroom, but next month, I'm having it pulled out & having everything painted."

Who knows but property records are public so I am sure if she didn’t actually own it someone would have outed it by now. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Bethenny also tried to point out it was Halloween with an 9 year old.  She had trick or treating, probably a costume to school, etc.  I think it says a lot of about Lu's parenting style (which we all saw) and Lu's star brain that she couldn't see that sandwiching in a midnight party was an ask.

And Ramona would skip the Victoria Secret red carpet to attend someone else's party?  Yeah, right.

Parenting is for the help and little people apparently.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I think Dorinda's Berkshires home is close to where her mother and sister live.  Luanne's upstate house gives me Friday the 13th vibes. Too much glass for the killer to see you at night. I wouldn't want to stay there at night alone. Would not be surprised if she were renting this out as an Airbnb. I would. But I still don't get the stove in the bedroom. if it is an electric range unplug it and get rid of it. Even as an Airbnb you only need one kitchen.  

I wonder if she asked the real estate?  Truthfully, I think she is renting.  I’d be afraid to stay there alone. They told everyone the town, and anyone can go there and snoop around.  I don’t think she is a dog person either for protection.  Maybe the house was rented to deer hunters and they used two stoves to cook?  Who knows.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

They told everyone the town, and anyone can go there and snoop around.  

And she told everyone on the internet.  Look here is my house.  I'm in the middle of nowhere.  There is no one around.  I like to stay here by myself.  Really?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

And she told everyone on the internet.  Look here is my house.  I'm in the middle of nowhere.  There is no one around.  I like to stay here by myself.  Really?

The Countess is starring in a new indie horror film

The Upstate Cabaret Massacre

Crime scene - looks like there was a volcanic eruption of sequins, feathers, and statement necklaces

Jovani spelled in blood next to the victim

• LOL 22
  • Love 1

I noticed the sweater that Dorinda was wearing at Luann’s house. She has worn this before and I couldn’t help but notice that there are moth holes around the neckline, several around the bottom in the back and one on the right side just down from the shoulder.

Not sure why she still wears this, maybe it has precious sentimental value? One of the first gifts that Richard ever gave her? I wondered why a woman who has as many clothes as she does would still hang on to this.

This sounds so petty of me and it probably is, I just couldn’t help wondering if anyone else had noticed it or knew why she keeps it around.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I noticed the sweater that Dorinda was wearing at Luann’s house. She has worn this before and I couldn’t help but notice that there are moth holes around the neckline, several around the bottom in the back and one on the right side just down from the shoulder.

I have this sweater.  Well mine has a different neckline.  It's a thing.  It's distressed.  But I like it because it's so soft, it's like butter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

The Countess is starring in a new indie horror film

The Upstate Cabaret Massacre

Crime scene - looks like there was a volcanic eruption of sequins, feathers, and statement necklaces

Jovani spelled in blood next to the victim

Haha! You guys are hilarious. That would point to Dorinda as the killer!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, rhys said:

Maybe she can't afford to renovate.  That would be my guess.  Did she have to pony up cash to make the lawsuit against her go away (the one brought by her kids)?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Maybe she can't afford to renovate.  That would be my guess.  Did she have to pony up cash to make the lawsuit against her go away (the one brought by her kids)?

Or she's not allowed to renovate because she doesn't "own" it

Wouldn't you think she'd throw her alleged POA who just happens to be in construction a bone? They could say Barbara is doing renovations to the home updating the counter tops, cabinets, making custom built ins in different room as the walls are curved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ramona saying that she hasn’t seen Mario naked for three years makes me think that she is taking truth (accountability) lessons from Lu.  

After all, he is going to Miami with the girls...umm...since when are husbands invited let alone exes. 

Is he really going?  Why?

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Lu said she had painted that kitchen bedroom...that it had been white, so she has been renovating.... and keeping all the kitchen appliances! Why???? That needs to be a question for the reunion!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Lu said she had painted that kitchen bedroom...that it had been white, so she has been renovating.... and keeping all the kitchen appliances! Why???? That needs to be a question for the reunion!

Painting is cheap particularly when it was white. Ripping out the kitchen is going to take at least a few thousand dollars depending on how the walls behind the cabinets are and she probably didn’t want it torn up when they filmed this. 

In the real estate description it said that guest “suite” could be easily cordoned off from the rest of the house so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was an in-law suite or an air bnb.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, shoegal said:

My favorite part of this episode is when they are all sitting around LuAnn's after dinner and LuAnn, apropos of nothing, says something along the lines of 'well ladies, I really landed on my feet, didn't I?'.....I guess she got tired of waiting for them to fawn over her so she just decided to give them a little push?  LOL.  She is really smelling herself this season.  

I actually think Lu is feeling very insecure these days.  I feel a bit sad for her and I am not looking forward to Beth laying into her again.  She’s Beth’s favorite target.

I wish these Housewives would wear their seatbelts....drives me nuts.

I’m not happy to hear Mario is showing up on a girl’s trip.  Are he and Ramona back together?

I still cannot stand Barbara.

But, my biggest worry is CHRISTMAS......will it be at the Berzirkshires?

😎😎😎

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Sterling said:

LuAnn's home is much farther away, very remote, and only holds old stoves and huge-ass ugly TJ Maxx checkout-line statement necklaces.  Bryn makes better necklaces in craft class.

Actually, no.  Dorinda's in Great Barrington, MA which is 130+ miles from the city.  Luann is in Port Ewen, NY which is more like 90 miiles from the city.  Neither are remote.  Dorinda's in the Catskills while Luann's in the Hudson Valley.

Like someone mentioned upthread, Dorinda's place was left to her and she obviously loves it.  However, Luann's place makes more sense for how both women typically use their second (or third) homes.  I doubt Dorinda often has guests in every one of her seven bedrooms.  A three bedroom place like Luann's is big enough, although I definitely would remove the kitchenette in the guest room.

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yup. She is too isolated and needs to get a dog.

Luann has a dog, Ashton? He was shown in the episode. 

Edited by snarts
Corrected location: Luann's place is actually in Port Ewen, not Kingston
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, snarts said:

Dorinda's in the Catskills while Luann's in the Hudson Valley. 

Dorinda's actually in the Berkshires.  Or the Bezerkshires, as they're known here.  🏔️⛰️⛰️

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Tinsley quietly drinking whenever cabaret was mentioned cracked me up. 

All the girls pretending to like Lu`s house was funny. 

Why does her guest room look nicer than her bedroom. and why does she need a freaking stove in the guest room. 

Beth and Ramona were actually giving Tinsley good advice at lunch. She should just never talk to Sonja ever.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Painting is cheap particularly when it was white. Ripping out the kitchen is going to take at least a few thousand dollars depending on how the walls behind the cabinets are and she probably didn’t want it torn up when they filmed this. 

In the real estate description it said that guest “suite” could be easily cordoned off from the rest of the house so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was an in-law suite or an air bnb.

$300k if you’re LVP. 

• LOL 8

For LuAnn's stove room.  Sing it to Abba's "I Have a Dream."

I have a stove, in my guest room
To help me cook, all my legumes.
If you see the wonder, of 4 burner tops
You can cook in that room, even make some hops.

I believe in myself
Something good looking back at me
I believe in myself
A cabaret singer I shall be.

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality.
And my cabaret show makes it worth the while
Pushing through the hard times, I have Jovanni style.

I believe in myself
Something good looking back at me.
I believe in myself
When I know the time is right for me
I'll plot and scheme, I have a dream
I'll plot and scheme, I have a dream.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, shoegal said:

My favorite part of this episode is when they are all sitting around LuAnn's after dinner and LuAnn, apropos of nothing, says something along the lines of 'well ladies, I really landed on my feet, didn't I?'.....I guess she got tired of waiting for them to fawn over her so she just decided to give them a little push?  LOL.  She is really smelling herself this season.  

I read she went off the wagon recently...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I kind of love Tinsley.  And Sonja really hates her.   As if she wasn’t taking Clomid and eating yams three meals a day to make sure she got her paycheck I mean child when she was married to Father Time Morgan.  Every time I try to give that moldy addlepated hooker the benefit of the doubt she acts so cruelly that I have to slap myself, Airplane!-style, to get to reality.   Sonja’s at least as bad a person as ANYONE on the show.   She’s at least as bad a parent as Lu, yes I wrote it and I won’t ever take it back.  Jesus in a “mobile van office,” what a waste of dermatology visits and alimony.  

The Instagram story of Ramona’s real friends was like WHOA.   Star Wars bar whoa.  Katherine Helmond in “Brazil” whoa.  At some point ya gotta stop fucking with yourself.  (Right?)

I really liked Dorinda’s joy in her new neighborhood.   Cute!   Bravo is never cute!

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm not crazy about the house Luann bought.

She is also totally off - it has the worst Feng Shui with the furnishings she brought to the place. All of those sharp angles - the bad energy will just ping pong and chase her around that round house.

I think she bought the house as is - I don't think she "updated" or remodeled anything - whatever was built in was already there when she purchased it.

When she cooks does the smell just permeate throughout? Do her sheets smell like roast chicken?

I hope for her sake she has good flood/hurricane insurance. NY has had more and more Nor'easters in the last 10 years and we've had tons of rain - any homes near water have had severe flooding - it'll come up and flood the deck and into the house

I did notice that Lu's new home is very close to the Hudson.  I don't know how flooded that part of the Hudson gets and yeah, I would definitely worry about it.

I don't like the house but I don't think she's been there long enough to do major renovations.

6 hours ago, rhys said:

Frankly, with that kitchen stuff being left in the second bedroom, I'm having doubts that Lu actually bought that house. There's no reason for a true homeowner to leave that 2nd kitchen in.

Again.  As mentioned by Biakbiak mentioned, she just recently bought the house.

On another note, not a reply to, we rented a VRBO house a few months back.  It had a second kitchen.  It made me curious and I did some research.  It was a planned in-law suite but after being sold, it was connected to the main living area.  It's just not that unusual.  Lu had basically just bought the place, so I don't think there was any urgency to change that kitchen.

I wouldn't want to stay in that house all alone or ever because I don't like it, but I would think she had an alarm system installed or there was one there already.  Or maybe, because she grew up in a not so suburban area of CT, she wasn't worried about it.  I don't know the crime statistics for that area.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I did notice that Lu's new home is very close to the Hudson.  I don't know how flooded that part of the Hudson gets and yeah, I would definitely worry about it.

You can see from the aerial view that the house sits far back and up a hill from the river so out of the floodplain she might have to replace a dock and the out building  if there was really bad flooding but the house is safe.

CE09ACE7-7E77-4862-9D1B-EBBD7D3FDC19.jpeg

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Tuh!  I put that fool several layers outside my head.  

I'm sorry @Dance4Life you right girl!!  

This makes that accusation even funnier to me now though.    

Hahahaha!  I don’t blame you for not remembering the quickie dating/marriage period.

If you blinked .....you missed it!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

You can see from the aerial view that the house sits far back and up a hill from the river so out of the flood plane she might have to replace a dock and the out building  if there was really bad flooding but the house is safe.

CE09ACE7-7E77-4862-9D1B-EBBD7D3FDC19.jpeg

Good info.  Thanks.  The filmed view looked like the house was much closer to the water.  Agree.  The house looks safe from flooding.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Y'all know I am totally #TeamTinsley. I think our lil' socialite has been getting some good therapy from a qualified professional, and here's why:

When she was at the bar with Bethenny and Dorinda, she said, "I have been programmed my whole life to think I want this." (or something very close to that). She then went on to say how what she was programmed to think was likely not going to happen and she now has to figure out what is actually best for her (the inference being "versus what was drilled into my head from the day I was born"). She was pretty straightforward about it, and I loved how Bethenny and Dorinda calmly helped her see that she does have some really good options, they just may not fit the picture she was programmed to fit into. It doesn't mean they're wrong, and I think she's beginning to finally realize it. 

Earlier she fully acknowledged the conversation with Sawnya, and calmly and rationally explained where her head was, and defended her right to have those emotions -- she didn't get upset or weepy when they were talking about it at Lulu's house -- she calmly said something like, "yes, I was down/am depressed and here's why and there's nothing wrong with that." 

There's a little self-awareness going on there with the Tinz! 

The editing monkeys are loving Tinsley too -- between the cabaret (implied!) drinking game and the subtle "because you don't think about anyone but yourself" shade to Lu, Tinsley won last night's episode. 

RHOBH has become completely unwatchable, so thank goodness for the east coast ladies (except Sonja -- her desperation is just too stinky of a cologne for me to bear, even via tv. Can't -- and don't even want to -- imagine what she's like day-to-day in real life. And I refuse to even acknowledge the ego that is Lu. Just . . . ugh.)

RHOBH ladies are consumed with trying to be Queen B and maintaining their position on the show.   

The NY ladies all have pretty strong/distinct personalities....Tinsley being the exception (but I really like her).  Further, they confront crap head on and move on.  And, we have three originals  still on this show and Sonja has been on since season 3.   Dorinda was an organic addition as she had a relationship with Luanne and Ramona prior to joining the show.  You can buy that a lot of these friendships are genuine.

Luanne is crazy delusional this year, but damnit after ten years, I have history with Lu and I’m not ready to be done with her.  However, I know she recently violated probation by drinking mimosas....yeah right.  One does not give up on sobriety with a couple casual mimosas.  I sincerely doubt she’s ever been sober and the round house is her little hiding spot.    

• Love 16
On 5/15/2019 at 9:29 PM, LilaFowler said:

That sweater that Tinsley was wearing at Luann's was truly hideous. It seems like the other women largely ignore her unless they are filming specifically with her.

I liked Tinsley's sweater better than Dorinda's, which looked like it was eaten by moths.

18 hours ago, QuinnM said:

And Ramona would skip the Victoria Secret red carpet to attend someone else's party?  Yeah, right.

Ramona wouldn't skip the opening of a can of soda if she were invited.

15 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Not only that but sometimes kids eat so much candy they get sick or get migraines. I may or may not be a person who, as a child, got sick from going nuts on Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on Halloween. At that age though, you really just want your mom to comfort you. Unless your mom is Luann, than you are up the creek without a paddle...or a mom.  

No, if your mom was Luann, you'd simply ask for Rosie.  No worries about being up the creek unless it was her day off.  Remember how terrified Victoria was when she was going back to the Philippines to visit her family?

12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm not crazy about the house Luann bought.

She is also totally off - it has the worst Feng Shui with the furnishings she brought to the place. All of those sharp angles - the bad energy will just ping pong and chase her around that round house.

But the devil can't stay!

11 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Was I the only one not charmed by Dorinda's little neighborhood walk-about?  I have lived in NYC, and worked there, and I have to say that one of the benefits of it is that you don't have to be personable.  You never have to make eye contact.  And people think it's strange if you do, at least to the extent that Dorinda did. Yes, get to know people, by all means.  But, let it be organic.  Frequent the place a few times at least.  This making the rounds with the neighbors thing a.) isn't a thing in Manhattan and; b.) made her look a little bit like a doddering old woman to me.  I remember being in the Barnes & Noble in Union Square with my friend a few years ago, and an old man just started talking to us apropos of nothing and...it kind of reminded me of this.  It really doesn't happen that way in there.  Dorinda isn't really rich enough to pull off the eccentric thing.  She seemed like a rube filming for television, which, if the shoe fits...

I thought this scene was weird.  I love the idea of having everything in my neighborhood within walking distance and I also love the idea of having a shop for everything where they know me.  But Dorinda walking in and introducing herself just seemed kind of imperious.  Like, hi, I'm new, I'm rich and important and you need to know who I am because I will be spending lots of money with you.  I do have places that I frequent where the people know me, but that's because I go there often and they got to know me, not because I walked in and said, Hi I'm smores and I'm new.  I'll be here a lot!

1 hour ago, Juneau Gal said:

You know, I think she always has been it was just wrapped in her beating everyone over the head with the Countess title and we thought it ended there. But in hindsight, thinking back to the early seasons, she was insufferable then too. We remember her telling a young school girl who wanted to be a model she could lose weight, the awkward faux interview she did with the homeless women seeking a job, leaving her son who wanted her to stay home for taco night, the always cringe inducing interactions with Rosa the housekeeper/cook/nanny, thinking she was young and hip going out with her niece, and the list goes on. 

She benefitted by having a few seasons of “friend” status on the show where we didn’t see as much of her. But then she came back and the Countess veneer chipped away and the very sloppy interior was exposed. She is a woman of no particular talent who has gotten by her entire life on her looks; as a TV hostess in Italy until she snagged the Count. Her cabaret act puts her back in the spotlight with people looking at her again; at a time when her flaws have been publicly exposed and she’s aging out. She using all the false bravado she learned during the Countess years and again is beating her way through life. She knows, not so deep down, that this may be her final shot at it and she is going to try to boast and brag and bully her way for as long as she can. We all love a redemption story, but repeat offenders get tiresome. Lu is a repeat offender. 

Lu was totally always like this.  I do think she has been able to hide it to an extent because of the ups and downs in her life and editing.  Her first season she got somewhat outed with the Countess stuff, but then she was dumped.  So it was Luann rebuilding her life.  Then she'd do something else that was bad, and then she'd have another season where she was less in the spotlight.  She's been quite the trainwreck for the last few years, though and can't really outrun this mess.

• Love 9
(edited)

I always want to like Dorinda.  There is good there- BUT with these talking heads , shes showing her ass. She is a GRUDGE HOLDER. She doesn't let go. With Lu though, who can blame her? The woman is unhinged. In the Bethenny altercation (IIRC) she started repeating "I was working...I was mostly working!" referring to Halloween night. Just bizarre.  I saw very little of the house as I always multi task and wash dishes etc during the show so I'll have to re watch to see more. A kitchen in the bedroom though? No. 

Tinsley Tinsley Tinsley...as a mom of three and on behalf of many moms: "loving to my dogs so I would be a great mom" is not the same! Don't say that. Just, no. I feel half sorry for her if she doesn't get to have her baby but I feel half like she loves the IDEA of biological children and not the lifestyle. I always say this- if you can't be assed to raise your kids, don't have them. There's no time for parties and very much "me" time if you want to be a great mom. It doesn't matter if you can afford the "help" or don't have to make financial sacrifices...a child has wants and needs all their lives and beg, cry, fight and nag you to get those fulfilled. You are LAST , child is first. The end. Have a fulfilling life, find a husband, be happy within.

ETA- Not to be harsh on Tins. I like her and I may be wrong. She may be a wonderful, affectionate mom who raises her child single handedly with minimal help. Either way, decide & be happy. There is also always adoption.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, firefly said:

Not sure why she still wears this, maybe it has precious sentimental value? One of the first gifts that Richard ever gave her? I wondered why a woman who has as many clothes as she does would still hang on to this.

This sounds so petty of me and it probably is, I just couldn’t help wondering if anyone else had noticed it or knew why she keeps it around.

I think it’s the style, like the jeans with the holes and rips in them.  Chic.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, retired watcher said:

Luann's house is not that far upstate. It is along the Hudson River. I've been to Rhinebeck and it is no more than 90 minuutes past NYC. When I think of upstate I think Ithaca, or Albany, or Binghamton.

I think any place north of Westchester and the Tappan Zee Bridge is considered “ upstate”, where I come from anyhow.   It’s funny when Lu said she will hop on her boat with all her friends and kids and go up the river to her house.  Where is she putting them, in the stove room? Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/15/2019 at 10:38 PM, Bronzedog said:

I feel bad for Tinsley.  The rest of them are always either criticizing her choices or totally ignoring her.

This crowd is wrong for her.  She belongs with younger women.  They are dragging her down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
21 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm hoping Lu and her comments about Beth and being home for her kid is just her attempts to provide drama for the show.  Lu has now gone back to her persona in the first couple of seasons.  I thought the arrest would somehow humble her.  But clearly the Cabaret act has transformed her back to insufferable.  

I don't think Lu was that bad in her first couple of seasons. I keep hearing these throwback references to back then but I've watched since back then and I never found Lu to be the person people are suggesting. Yup, she had an air about her but it really wasn't all that serious. The people that Lu made insecure back then were in fact insecure people (Alex, Beth, then Carole....) Most of her castmates flowed with Lu without too much of a hassle. I enjoyed Lu's wave of a hand persona. She was mostly fun and the times when she may have laid on the Countess schtick I thought it was something that would be easy enough to check. It's not like she ever went to war with anyone. She had a few bitchy exchanges but for the most part I loved how she would gather and move on from it. I hate when petty silliness gets dragged out for a whole season and made the complete storyline.

I think she's gotten trying these last few seasons between the Tom debacle, the arrest, the alcohol, the lawsuit but I see it as her losing a handle on some things but still trying to keep things light and flowy. Isn't working like it used to and she's buckling under it all. She's programmed to "not let anyone see you sweat" and doesn't know how to balance her vulnerability with presenting a strong front. She's stepping in shit and not realizing it cause she's so desperate to make everything not a big deal but then she handles stuff in such a callous way that there's not way to make light of it. 

I in no way equate the messy Lu of this and recent seasons as the Lu of the first few seasons. Back then she was just eye roll, giggle worthy with some of her "darrrrllliiingggggs" and "money can't buy you class" but these last few years she's a woman struggling and the struggle has manifested itself into some ugly moments. I really think there's a difference. 

I hope she gets it together. I've always rooted for LU.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11