Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Upstate Girls

• Start Topic

Sonja is truly the Greek chorus this season.

That sweater that Tinsley was wearing at Luann's was truly hideous. It seems like the other women largely ignore her unless they are filming specifically with her.

• Love 8

Lu must be acting.

She has made up this Cabaret Star storyline all on her own......now that she cannot drink....and, is bored. 

She is literally raising hell this season......and, enjoying every moment of it.

• Love 2

Was Sonja on drugs this episode?   She was babbling endlessly the whole time at Lu’s house.

Dorinda is a phony.  She’s nicey nice to the face, then knocks everyone in her talking heads.  

Ramoaner ..  I can’t even.  She talks so fast she doesn’t even know what she’s saying herself.  She doesn’t make sense.  She’s a total nutcase and not a true friend to anyone.

• Love 14

Lu’s house upstate was probably a rental for skiers in the winter.  A whole bunch shares the money, thus the extra stove in the bedroom.  It was for drinking, cooking, sleeping and skiing.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

I love Luann’s view and I get why she would want to live there, but it must be a bit lonely too. And judging from the preview, the entertainment in Kingston is, well...

Aston is so cute. Wasn’t he Noel’s gift in season one? 

Sonja brushing Marley and then her own hair. I can’t. 

Not too much Ramona this ep and it was good. 

I hear you.  My heart simply broke for poor, defenseless, little Marley.   😩

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Bethenny and Luann have always had the darkest relationship on the show - with the tension obvious. It goes back to when Call Me Mrs. de lesseps used to look down at B, who then was the struggling outsider, who was not part of the NY social inner circle.   L automatically took Jill's side in the feud with B.  Ramona said that if L hadn't scooted J away from her apartment, they could have made up.  She tried to take credit for the Skinny Girl brand.  And Heather T said L tried to get others not to film with B when she returned.

Yes, I remember that day when Lu pulled Jill Zarin out of the apartment when Beth was trying to make amends with Jill.  They left Beth crying in the street.  Apparently, B forgave her, as now she helped her get the house.  Everyone always has to help Lu with something, and she forgets quickly.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I don’t like that noise one bit. And what really bugged was all the leaves on the deck. That drives me insane. You’re having company, sweep the deck. They don’t fall that fast. I have 100 year old oak in my yard, when we have parties in the fall, the patio is leaf free. 

Dorinda was hilarious in her TH when she was fake playing the piano singing “Money can’t you buy you class” and then in the previews that old lady was doing just that!  

The best invention under the sun is a leaf blower.  Don't ever use a broom.  (Especially if they aren't broken to ride.  😉 )  Sweeping kills your back. 

A leaf blower does it all.  Magical.  Mystical.  Marvelous!   Trust me on this one.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Does Luann still own her Hamptons house? Wasn't that what the lawsuit thing was about with her children? She was going to sell that house and use the money to buy a new Uber expensive house? But, the lawsuit put a stop to that? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

That whole hairbrushing just killed me!  Even now, reading everybody's reaction to it, just makes me HOWL!  I'm dying laughing!!

The rest of it... That stove in the bedroom WAS weird but maybe it gets so cold up there, you can turn the stove on to warm up! OR make yourself some soup! Who knows.... Just strange.

Ramoaner and Mario... ugh.

Tinsley: Ignore your Mother's pressure! Live your OWN life.  The whining is getting old but I am sooo sorry about the pup.  That is awful.

Dorinda: Stay sober. It'll help you.

And Bethenny: You ain't Jeebus girl. Let it go. Be a good mother to your daughter.

I was playing the" Cabaret " drinking game! Time to hit the big bed!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Apparently, B forgave her, as now she helped her get the house. 

Did she help her get the house? I thought the story was that pre-rehab (or between rehabs) Luann demanded that Bethenny lend/give her the money to by a different, more expensive house and that when Bethenny wouldn't do that, Luann bought a different house that was a few million dollars cheaper.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

The best invention under the sun is a leaf blower.  Don't ever use a broom.  (Especially if they aren't broken to ride.  😉 )  Sweeping kills your back. 

A leaf blower does it all.  Magical.  Mystical.  Marvelous!   Trust me on this one.  

I find that my husband is the best leaf cleaner upper in the universe. Lol. Our leaf blower is front and center in the garage. He whips it out in a moment’s notice. Lol. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Did she help her get the house? I thought the story was that pre-rehab (or between rehabs) Luann demanded that Bethenny lend/give her the money to by a different, more expensive house and that when Bethenny wouldn't do that, Luann bought a different house that was a few million dollars cheaper.

You are right.  She tried to help with the 6 mil house, not this one which was 1 mil.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Steph J said:

I thought the story was that when LuAnn was going off the rails, she called  Dennis asking for 6 million to buy the expensive house which is when Dennis, Barbara and Bethenny realized that Lu was out of control and needed rehab. I'm wondering if Lu is renting this upstate house. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Can you make moonshine on a stovetop? 🥴🥃

I just think Luanne needs to Air BnB  the shit out of that place to make ends meet. She and the count werevrenting a townhouse in Manhattan before the divorce because the well was running dry. And old money has it’s limits, especially when you have 24 wives and 36 girlfriends. OK, don’t quote me. My information is not exact, but you get the drift. 😉

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Write this day down, l agree with Bethenny that Luann can fuck off. Going home st 11 means she will see Brynn when she wakes up. The day after Halloween wake up with a child that age is an excitement of all day sugar high  hangover. 

Also, Bethenny said that she doesn't have a nanny, just a housekeeper who sometimes also babysits so Beth didn't want to make her stay too late. Lu kept saying, "What are you going to do, watch her sleep?" Uh, yeah. Not literally watch her, but its not like you can just leave an 8 year old home asleep alone. 

ETA: About the stove (and dishwasher) in the bedroom. The only explanation that make sense to me is that the room must have been rented out as some kind of airbnb by the previous owner. It probably wouldn't make any financial sense for Lu to tear it out because the rental potential adds value to the house. If Lu is smart, she will rent it out sometimes when she won't be there.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 13
40 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Dorinda was hilarious in her TH when she was fake playing the piano singing “Money can’t you buy you class” and then in the previews that old lady was doing just that!

Dorinda cracked me up with that TH. The lady with the keyboard may become my new favorite person.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

It probably wouldn't make any financial sense for Lu to tear it out because the rental potential adds value to the house. If Lu is smart, she will rent it out sometimes when she won't be there.

She only closed on the house in early October so it’s been a month so she probably hasn’t had a chance to do anything. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

That cracked me up! She was on fire tonight in her talking heads.  I laughed about her saying it was like being a National Geographic photographer waiting for the kill shot.

And it was so nice of Sonja to not only bring a bunch of booze but also give Lu the "911" on what was said at the Halloween party. And Luanne once again demonstrated that she has not learned a blessed thing in her "recovery" by not listening. I remember an old timer saying that when you were new in recovery the first thing you have to do is take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth.

Damn but those statement necklaces are not my taste.

Lu said something else that made it sound like she was an ESL student, but can't remember what it was. Will have to re-watch this one.

Edited by lizajane
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Does Luann still own her Hamptons house? Wasn't that what the lawsuit thing was about with her children? She was going to sell that house and use the money to buy a new Uber expensive house? But, the lawsuit put a stop to that? 

I think Luann was trying to use/dip into  the proceeds from the sale of her larger Hampton's hse shown in earlier seasons  w/the long bar in the LR

- BTW, that house was torn down

https://hamptons.curbed.com/2014/9/11/10048490/countess-luanns-house-sells-to-joe-farrell-as-a-teardown

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, sheetmoss said:

I think Luann was trying to use/dip into  the proceeds from the sale of her larger Hampton's hse shown in earlier seasons  w/the long bar in the LR

- BTW, that house was torn down

https://hamptons.curbed.com/2014/9/11/10048490/countess-luanns-house-sells-to-joe-farrell-as-a-teardown

It’s complicated because she took the money from the sell of that house to by the Sag Harbor house and never set aside the funds she was supposed to for the kids from the house she got in the divorce.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I assume the stove suite was a staff or caretaker apartment. In my mind that weird house had to previously belong to some old artsy coots who needed live in care and probably died there.  And the vintage of that stove is older, and cheap. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Luanne’s complete lack of self awareness is amazing....as is Ramona’s.  Ramona bitching about anyone as she excludes all of them from her birthday party, skipped Luanne’s Halloween party, and skipped out early on the circus is perfect Ramona.

I loved Bethenny rolling up her sleeves in her TH to listen to RAmona’s bullshit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

It’s “ 1 drink is too many and a thousand is never enough”. Lu can’t even get her AA sayings right. She probably could if she was going to meetings.

As you said, she'd know what that statement was had she bothered to go to more than 5 meetings over an 8 month span of time.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I assume the stove suite was a staff or caretaker apartment. In my mind that weird house had to previously belong to some old artsy coots who needed live in care and probably died there.  And the vintage of that stove is older, and cheap. 

The room is for a Foodie with Agoraphobia.  They can eat, sleep and poop in their room.  

You can cook a 20 pound turkey in that stove!

The only stove I can imagine is uglier.....is the one that needs to be covered in foil before you can cook on it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

Bethany and Luanne fight seems so stupid.  You didn’t say hi.  You didn’t stay an extra 15 minutes.  Who cares. Your other friends were there.  Same to Romana.  Bethany is never going support anything you do Ro she’s just not that into you.   

I feel bad for Tinsley.  It’s not that easy to see the live you wanted pass you by. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 19

Well everyone has decided to drink the truth serum and just tell it as they see it this season! Tell it straight to their face. Awesome! 

The spare bedroom in Lu’s new place? A full stove and oven?? Doesn’t a guest room only need a mini oven or microwave? I mean, who’s cooking a full dinner IN THEIR BEDROOM whilst on holiday?!! Ha ha ha! I understand there may have been a reasonable explanation for previous owners... but why keep it that way? Bizarre!

Can’t wait for next week!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I get that Lu likes to live by the water, but that just screams "mosquito infestation" to me.  Maybe it's not that much of an issue upstate?  I dunno...I got 6 bites last night in the 3 minutes it took me to get my dog back in the house, and I've got no standing water.  But inasmuch as maybe putting up with itching would be okay in the cute Sag Harbor house, that upstate thing was beyond fugly, inside and out.

Sonja using the same brush as the dog gave me pause, but then I thought about it for an extra second and decided that I'd sooner borrow the dog's brush than Sonja's.  Marley probably has cleaner hair, as it's all natural and not those terrible extensions. But I kinda love her shit stirring this season--she still maintains a sense of goofy fun, even when doing it.  It's like she's who Rinna thinks she is.

Last week it was shrimp, and this week it was guacamole.  To paraphrase Nene, Bethenny needs to close her mouth to (conceal) masticated food!  It is so much grosser than the dog brush thing.

Cannot wait for the Ghost of Cabaret Future next week!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Maybe my geography is terrible, but I didn't really understand Dorinda's comments about Lu's place being isolated. Isn't her place in the Berkshires pretty isolated?

I gotta say, the view is about the only thing I like about that house. I'm just not feeling it. 

I believe Dorinda's house is in Great Barrington, which isn't all that isolated as far as the Berkshires and Western Massachusetts goes. It has a cute downtown and I bet that during the summer and fall, it has a lot of people. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Ro - you don't buy 'two' of different size candles.  You buy the three (that also goes to LVP  who gave Denise two vases of different sizes as a wedding gift).  That's why the display has three.  If you're going to do two, they should be the same size.

YES! What was that??? How awkward to not get the entire set. I thought the woman even priced them at right what Ramona was looking to spend? Was she just tying to cheap out?

• Love 19
8 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

My take when I saw the stove in the bedroom at Lu's new place is that Lu plans to rent out the rest of the house, and stay in that room when she is there. Of course for filming purposes, she will not rent it out when she has the girls there so it looks like she is using the whole house herself. 

I liked the view, but didn't like the house itself. But then I don't like oddly shaped houses. I did wonder when Lu looks out the window if she thinks she really should be living in the mansion across the water.

When they showed the still of Ramona's friends at her birthday party, I freeze framed the picture. Wow, it looked like a group audition for women who would like to be on an episode of Botched. Several in the middle row were particularly scary looking. 

The frozen smile on Lu's face in the preview when the impersonator was singing her song was priceless! Can't wait for next week - lol. 

I believe that was some editing shade when they showed the mansion across the way....

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Metro liquid.  

And they also said “gender liquid”. 😂

ETA:  I totally missed Tins taking a sneaky shot by herself. Sounds hilarious!  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Bethany and Luanne fight seems so stupid.  You didn’t say hi.  You didn’t stay an extra 15 minutes.  Who cares. Your other friends were there. 

I don't think Bethenny cared THAT much that Lu didn't come down. She likely thought it was rude, but wasn't going to make a huge deal of it. It's more like - since LU is making a big deal about her leaving, B is going to point out the hypocrisy. 

42 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I believe Dorinda's house is in Great Barrington, which isn't all that isolated as far as the Berkshires and Western Massachusetts goes. It has a cute downtown and I bet that during the summer and fall, it has a lot of people. 

That makes sense, thank you!

• Love 19