Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I never even heard of this magazine before, now it seems its only around to further feature the Kardashians/Jenners flashing theirs tits and bare ass.

Those aren't even Kendall's real tits & ass. Apparently the "article" is called Boobs & they put all the models in fake tits & ass so now Kendall looks like her sisters.

She is walking for DVF later on today

tumblr_njtwchGDLA1tqq2cuo1_1280.png

According to her agent she is one and done for today .She is off to get fitted for Vera Wang,Donna Karan and Oscar De la Renta tonight

ETA

Kendall opened the show at DVF

DVF_0049.jpg

B960GDxIEAIOux_.jpg

Edited by Humbugged

I'm sorry but Kendall doesn't have that model look to me. She looks plain

I do like the bag though. Kendall is rather blah, not much personality comes out. Tall and thin. I guess that's all that's needed. Years ago, the models all had personality, sexy, girl next door, tom-boy etc. Now it's somber expressions on coat hangers.

Wow, maybe I shouldn't bitch about how ugly Kanye's clothing is because all I keep seeing Kendall wearing on the runway is really butt ugly stuff. Who wears this crap?

She couldn't sneak wearing a pair from Rob's sock line, just to give him some publicity? The shirt isn't too bad, and I love the bag, the rest... Well there's no holes or rips or bullet proof vests. That counts for something, right?

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

I'm not sure I understand the criticism of the clothes Kendall is modeling on the Runway.  These aren't Kendall's designs.  Furthermore, I doubt she is in a position yet to have any say whatsoever over what she wears for each designer.  Yes, she is in demand, but that doesn't mean she is established enough for her agent to say "she only wears the final piece" or whatever.  And regarding her modeling style, if you look at other models in the DVF show, none of them are smiling, it's not like there the girl behind her has this huge presence on the runway.  This is the fashion industry right now.  This is not the era of the supermodel.  This is not the Victoria Secret Fashion show.  This is high fashion. It's ultimately about the clothes, and yes, at the end of the day, they want human hangers.  Not somebody who is going to strut the runway with a huge smile on her face, detracting from the clothes.  That's not what's in the job description. 

From what I can see, Kendall is doing all the right things for her modeling career.  She's making the right choices.  She had the option to do a show that would have allowed her to show her personality a bit more (VS) and she opted not to so that she could take the higher end line.  So we didn't get to see if she can strut herself one night.  I don't think she's too upset about that choice.  I mean, she's modeling Oscar De La Renta, Marc Jacobs, and Vera Wang.  I'd rather see her doing this than a glorified T&A show.  And compared to her sisters, she's actually forging a pretty respectable career in fashion.  So I say, go Kendall.   Truth be told, if this wasn't a Kardashian, I wonder if people would be so offended by what their seeing.  Let's say her name was Jane Smith.  Would she still be dull, boring, talentless, and a zombie?  Or would she be another rising star in the fashion industry? 

• Love 13

She is walking for Michael Kors today

backstage with Gigi and Karlie Kloss - weird info bomb from Vogue this month that Taylor Swift has a photo of herself ,Cara and Kendall with Little House On The Prairie nightgowns on in bed together at a sleepover on her phone.

B-IlctKIIAAJDHz.jpg

Edited by Humbugged
  • Love 1

I'm not sure I understand the criticism of the clothes Kendall is modeling on the Runway. These aren't Kendall's designs. Furthermore, I doubt she is in a position yet to have any say whatsoever over what she wears for each designer. Yes, she is in demand, but that doesn't mean she is established enough for her agent to say "she only wears the final piece" or whatever. And regarding her modeling style, if you look at other models in the DVF show, none of them are smiling, it's not like there the girl behind her has this huge presence on the runway. This is the fashion industry right now. This is not the era of the supermodel. This is not the Victoria Secret Fashion show. This is high fashion. It's ultimately about the clothes, and yes, at the end of the day, they want human hangers. Not somebody who is going to strut the runway with a huge smile on her face, detracting from the clothes. That's not what's in the job description.

From what I can see, Kendall is doing all the right things for her modeling career. She's making the right choices. She had the option to do a show that would have allowed her to show her personality a bit more (VS) and she opted not to so that she could take the higher end line. So we didn't get to see if she can strut herself one night. I don't think she's too upset about that choice. I mean, she's modeling Oscar De La Renta, Marc Jacobs, and Vera Wang. I'd rather see her doing this than a glorified T&A show. And compared to her sisters, she's actually forging a pretty respectable career in fashion. So I say, go Kendall. Truth be told, if this wasn't a Kardashian, I wonder if people would be so offended by what their seeing. Let's say her name was Jane Smith. Would she still be dull, boring, talentless, and a zombie? Or would she be another rising star in the fashion industry?

I don't care about fashion. Some designs are ugly. But compared to other fashion models including fresh faces, Kendall to me looks plain. Maybe it's just a bad angle. Put her next to Ondria or Sara she doesn't compare. I get some models are ugly. Kendall isn't ugly but she looks more like a commercial model to me. And I know for runway looks really don't matter or shouldn't matter but certain models just have a certain look and spark to them. Even when they're walking down the runway. Well at least she has a "career" Edited by Darknight
  • Love 2

Truth be told, if this wasn't a Kardashian, I wonder if people would be so offended by what their seeing. Let's say her name was Jane Smith.

I'm not blaming Kendall for the clothes she wears on the runway. The clothes just happen to be ass ugly. I wonder though, if her name wasn't Jenner/Kardashian and didn't bring in the press and public interest to the business, would she even be modeling at the level she is? She's tall and thin, I could go down to the local high school right now and find a dozen girls that look exactly like her. Her name and connections have gotten her to where she is, along with Gigi Hadid and a few others celeb kids. I'm nostalgic for the days when a model was a personality of her own, not just a clothes hanger with a sullen, empty look on her face.  If some of Kanye's model's had looked as if they were enjoying themselves and actually liked the clothing they had on and were comfortable in it.. maybe the ugliness of it would be lessened, at least a bit.

• Love 7

For what runway modeling entails, she makes a good human hanger. What strikes me about Kendall doing runway work is that she is what the ANTM panel would describe as "commercial". I think she looks really good when she does print work for PacSun, but she looks like a little girl playing dress-up when I've seen her couture photo shoots. Modeling standards change frequently and I guess this this is the look that designers want right now. And let's be real, whether she wants to own it or not, her connections helped her out a lot.

But what do I know? Admittedly, my knowledge of the fashion industry comes courtesy of Tyra Banks and the first seven cycles of ANTM.

• Love 2

I'm not sure I understand the criticism of the clothes Kendall is modeling on the Runway.  These aren't Kendall's designs. 

I don't think people are criticizing Kendall for the clothes (well, at least I'm not), they're criticizing the designers who made those clothes (like Kanye). She just happens to be stuck wearing them. 

• Love 1

If I was stuck wearing the blue Yeti outfit, getting photographed for the world to see, I'd have the same expression on my face too! The shoes are cute though. 

As for her "face", it's not like any of the models in any of the shows are smiling. Or in any of the group pictures I've seen her in either. The solemn look is what the designers want, she's not doing anything different or directing the shows or looks. As far as getting jobs because of her connections, yes, I'm sure she did at first. But I find it hard as hell to believe she's still getting jobs based on the name and name alone. Photo shoots for Love Magazine, sure. Walking Chanel? Doubtful. She's obviously doing something right and she deserves to be commended. Not for nothing, she's most likely worked harder than the entire rest of the family combined in the last 3 years. 

• Love 7
As far as getting jobs because of her connections, yes, I'm sure she did at first. But I find it hard as hell to believe she's still getting jobs based on the name and name alone. Photo shoots for Love Magazine, sure. Walking Chanel? Doubtful.

I agree.  Of course she worked her family connections.  And quite honestly why shouldn't she?   I used my family connections while looking for my first job.  Granted, it's nowhere near the Kardashian level, but one networking interview via somebody my dad knew from work, landed me an interview on capitol hill with my congressman (and a job offer I wound up turning down).  That's how networking works, and the Kardashian kids are far from the first to use their family connections for their career purposes.  Their connections are just way beyond that of the average joe.  Does that mean she shouldn't take advantage of that?  I doubt she's walking Oscar De La Renta because her mom is Kris Jenner.  She's walking Oscar De La Renta because there is something about her that the designers find compelling and desirable.  I mean, come on.  It's Oscar De La Renta. 

I've seen plenty of posts (not necessarily on PTV) where people bash Rob for NOT using his family connections to get his life together.  And then there are the posts slamming Kendall because she did just the opposite.  Which is it?

She may not have made it as a career as a model.  Maybe she would have.  Maybe it would have taken her longer.  Or maybe, by nature of living in LA, she would have been the case of "found at the mall" or "I went to high school with the kid whose parent is the head of this agency."  We'll honestly never know. 

On a separate note, I think it's awesome that she didn't walk Kanye.  Apparently they wanted her.  Apparently she was already booked.  Apparently that's how Kylie got the gig.  My guess?  She saw the designs somewhere along the way and ran in the other direction. 

• Love 6

I agree. Of course she worked her family connections. And quite honestly why shouldn't she? I used my family connections while looking for my first job. Granted, it's nowhere near the Kardashian level, but one networking interview via somebody my dad knew from work, landed me an interview on capitol hill with my congressman (and a job offer I wound up turning down). That's how networking works, and the Kardashian kids are far from the first to use their family connections for their career purposes. Their connections are just way beyond that of the average joe. Does that mean she shouldn't take advantage of that? I doubt she's walking Oscar De La Renta because her mom is Kris Jenner. She's walking Oscar De La Renta because there is something about her that the designers find compelling and desirable. I mean, come on. It's Oscar De La Renta.

I've seen plenty of posts (not necessarily on PTV) where people bash Rob for NOT using his family connections to get his life together. And then there are the posts slamming Kendall because she did just the opposite. Which is it?

She may not have made it as a career as a model. Maybe she would have. Maybe it would have taken her longer. Or maybe, by nature of living in LA, she would have been the case of "found at the mall" or "I went to high school with the kid whose parent is the head of this agency." We'll honestly never know.

On a separate note, I think it's awesome that she didn't walk Kanye. Apparently they wanted her. Apparently she was already booked. Apparently that's how Kylie got the gig. My guess? She saw the designs somewhere along the way and ran in the other direction.

Of course family connections got a start and clearly she has done the job well enough to have success. I think what rankles some of us is her insistance early on that she wasnt using that comnection and that by dropping the Jenner name and being onlt known as Kendall she was somehow separating herself from the klan. I do think that since her start she has made a name for herself on her own and that keeping her family away from these shows proves that she wants it on her terms. I hope she stays far from Kanye and Kim cause they will try their best to ride her coat tails. Seeing the crap he wanted them to wear at the wedding should have been warning enough.

It's not her family that's getting her these shows it's her separate identity she's carved for herself. A separate agent, manager, firm representing her. She did what she had to do for herself to have the career she wanted. Even telling the rest to stay away from her shows, she says in Allure she wanted her walking her first show to be about her for 5 minutes and not a family affair with everything being about the family there instead. 

Her family to high fashion could be more of a hindrance as Kanye can attest to. Yet Kendall is succeeding on her own, keeping them away was smart. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

It's not her family that's getting her these shows it's her separate identity she's carved for herself. A separate agent, manager, firm representing her. 

The best thing Kendall could have done for any career was get a real manager & dump the momager. Kris is 50% of the problem.

On a separate note, I think it's awesome that she didn't walk Kanye.  Apparently they wanted her.  Apparently she was already booked.  Apparently that's how Kylie got the gig.  My guess?  She saw the designs somewhere along the way and ran in the other direction. 

IMO, walking for Kanye would have been huge step backwards. Does anyone in the fashion industry take him seriously? I doubt any established models go from the top designers to butt ugly tennis shoes. 

IMO, walking for Kanye would have been huge step backwards. Does anyone in the fashion industry take him seriously? I doubt any established models go from the top designers to butt ugly tennis shoes. 

Apparently $350. butt ugly shoes! UGH

• Love 1

Apparently $350. butt ugly shoes! UGH

I listened to a fashion roundtable that had a thing on sportswear/leisurewear this week and they were going on  about Kanye and they were actually talking the collection up .The shoes were being ordered in big numbers the minute they were released and remember his Red Octobers from last year wearing getting sold for thousands of dollars when they were getting resold .The shoes apparently used the latest tech that Adidas have - sneakerheads love their shoes.

5:40 onwards

Marc Jacobs closed NYFW tonight and she walked

tumblr_nk1llnmFBz1sjd7h3o1_1280.jpg

I listened to a fashion roundtable that had a thing on sportswear/leisurewear this week and they were going on  about Kanye and they were actually talking the collection up .The shoes were being ordered in big numbers the minute they were released and remember his Red Octobers from last year wearing getting sold for thousands of dollars when they were getting resold .The shoes apparently used the latest tech that Adidas have - sneakerheads love their shoes.

So you would think that the moron would get a clue & put out a sneaker line. He can be a sneaker designer instead of repeatedly failing as a clothing designer.

• Love 1

Kendall looked more professional to me this time around. Her face, walk etc. looked better to me. That said I still think she had no business walking the big names when she started out, because she did actually stand out (badly) then IMO. Now she does look like a runway model, practice makes perfect I guess. Good for her for doing something like this, but I also don't really think of modelling as anything but a career to make for yourself if you happened to be genetically lucky (tall, thin, flat-chested, anything from weird looking to average to pretty re: your face) and want to cash in on that. It's kind of ridiculous how much our society values looks over other traits. I mean, this girl dropped out of school, can't even read a teleprompter and I'd be shocked if she could name any government official aside from the president. But yeah, she's pretty and can walk a straight line. Go Kendall. Too bad for Kylie that she's got a different build, otherwise she could probably have the exact same career, now she'll have to make do with being Kim 2.0.

Just to clarify, I don't dislike Kendall, as far as Kardashians go she's mostly inoffensive. And she seems at least a levelheaded and disciplined person, which actually are traits I respect. I hope she continues to make a name for herself, I just don't find her particularly admirable.

• Love 3

I think part of Kendall's appeal is that she is kind of plain but has really nice features IMO that can make her a bit of a chameleon. Sometimes she does look downright ugly in shows, but usually the other models walking do too.  When she smiles and/or her eyes are "happy"  I think she is really pretty.  And all the Kardashian's, even Kylie, are photogenic.  So that probably figures in too.  Designers hire her because she is a decent model, can be made into their "vision", and they know that photos of her will get them clicks and publicity.

Frankly, there is no reason not to hire her.  Maybe to start she wasn't a good walker, but that's where her networking the family name and publicity came in.  

Usually I find her likable.  Strangely enough, it's mostly when she's away from her family and their friends.

• Love 3

Kendall is tall and lanky with a pretty face, isn't that modeling 101? Sure some of these designer fashions she's rocking are bum fuck ugly but some of the clothes are also ONLY for the runway not meant to be worn in real life Kimberly West I am talking to you! but that child don't have the body type for those designer fashions she keeps squeezing her fake ass into.. but we're talking about Miss Kendall. That said I loved that DVF dress Kendall had on, I need that In my life!

Edited by carolinagirl81

Frankly, there is no reason not to hire her.  Maybe to start she wasn't a good walker, but that's where her networking the family name and publicity came in.  

Usually I find her likable.  Strangely enough, it's mostly when she's away from her family and their friends.

And she has then made her own connections once she got her foot in the door like Katie Grand .I don't think the Topshop thing would have happened without Kendall having personally made an impression on Sir Phillip Green .

She spent Friday and Saturday with Lagerfeld And there she was yesterday front row with Alexa Chung ,Cara,Jourdan Dunn and Pixie Geldof  .

tumblr_nk6k8pjiCj1tawq70o1_500.jpg

Hung out with Taylor Swift in the evening and then went out to dinner with Edward Enniful and Stefano Tonchi the guys that run W magazine last night

http://www.mtv.co.uk/taylor-swift/news/taylor-swift-hangs-out-with-kendall-cara-gets-serenaded-by-jourdan-dunns-son

tumblr_nk7cnySwuN1tqq2cuo1_1280.png

Edited by Humbugged