Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Kendall Jenner Reveals the Kardashian Sisters Would "Cry" With Her Over Acne Struggles Before Using Proactiv

In which Kendall tries mightily to convince us that her acne trauma is, indeed deep and dramatic.

Kendall, who is the new face of Proactiv, tells E! News exclusively that when her struggles with acne first began at the age of 14, she was overcome with insecurity. There were even days when she would be brought to tears because of her condition. But it was Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian and Khloe Kardashianwho would come to comfort their little sister. She says, "I had them sitting crying with me when I would cry about it." 

And their sympathy was a relief for Kendall, who often compared herself to her older sisters. "Most of my sisters have had really beautiful skin, which is also really hard to look at as a young girl," the 22-year-old explains. "When I was super little all I had to look up to was my sisters that were beautiful and had this amazing skin."

Sometimes, Kendall would question, "What is happening to me? Why me? Like all of you are amazing and I have to struggle."

1.  You are a rich white privileged girl from a wealthy family.

2.  It is therefore hard for me to understand your "struggle."

3.  You have now and have always had access to the best and the brightest of doctors and treatments.  Did they all fail?

4.  It is hard to understand that you didn't become aware of/use Proactiv until now, as it is a heavily advertised product touted by stars.  Surely you must have seen or heard of it previously.

5.  Again, please show your true understanding of the impact of your "struggle" and donate 1000 Proactive treatment packages to girls who you can supposedly relate to, because they share your "struggle" and might not be able to afford the wonderfulness you now experience.

6.   Hard for me to believe that this is motivated by altruism and sharing of this miraculous treatment.  It would be interesting to know how much you benefitted monetarily from this soul baring, hugely touted revelation.  Remember, especially if you are a Christian as apparently at least two of your amazing sisters are, the bible says

1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

• Love 16

Why does anyone in the world believe one word that comes out of these people’s mouths? I mean the daughters, Kris, her mother, the women’s baby daddies (don’t even get me started on that immoral nonsense). 

• Love 7

Kendall Jenner 100% Doesn't Use Proactiv, And Here Is All The Proof You Need

On Sunday, January 6th, Kendall made 'special announcement' and Kris Jenner teased it a couple of days before. Fans were expecting something about her sexuality or mental health, since Kendall has been open about her struggles with anxiety. But instead, on the night of the Golden Globe Awards, Kendall made the announcement that she was the new brand ambassador for... Proactiv. Is it just me, or did everyone think this company wasn't around anymore? 

While fans thought and still think this huge announcement was a complete scam, I think it's time we dig deeper into all the reasons why Kendall's last resort was definitely not Proactiv. In an interview with People, Kendall said, "I had exhausted all other options, I was desperate, and I was like ‘You know what? I’m gonna try Proactiv. It was such an awesome experience for me and really helped me." Kendall, sweetie, it's just really hard to believe. And here are all the reasons why: 

Kendall Jenner is a millionaire

You're telling me that Kendall Jenner, who made 22.5 million dollars in 2018, last resort was to buy a $40 acne treatment that is played on infomercial channels? Her sisters get treatments almost weekly for things like cellulite, lip injections, botox, etc., and Kendall resorted to Proactiv to help her skin. Okay. 

Fans always come through. They discovered an interview from 2015, where Kylie talks about how Kendall cured her acne. Don't get too excited, it wasn't Proactiv! It was the family dermatologist Christie Kidd. In the interview, Kylie says, "My sister Kendall had really bad acne when she was younger, and she really cleared it up. I thought, ‘Well if she cured Kendall, I should start to visit her.’". You can view the tweet below. 

la bella vita@drugproblem

So what is the truth? @KendallJenner

11:59 AM - Jan 7, 2019

Not like it's any surprise, but the only time Kendall has been seen with bad acne in the past year was on the Golden Globes red carpet in January of last year. Every other close up photo makes her skin look flawless. So what gives? Are you sure it was Proactiv, Kendall, or was it photoshop, dermatologist appointments and various other skin treatments? 

There is no way Kendall Jenner (aka Kris Jenner) reached out to Proactiv

Not like this family is worried about money, but they do a lot of sponsored posts on Instagram. A post about SugarBearHair can get one of the sisters $1 million. So why would Kendall Jenner buy a $40 acne treatment online, and then reach out to the company to say it worked? The company must have seen her skin clear up since last year and reach out. And if so, that's all the more reason that this is a scam. Celebrities such as Avril Lavigne and Justin Bieber have always been brand ambassadors, and there's no way both of those people reached out to Proactiv themselves. 

I think that's all the time we have for today, folks. You can read Kendall's interview with People here on why she decided to partner with Proactiv and see for yourself, but all of her answers seem a little rehearsed. But even if they're not, something is definitely fishy. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, vast wasteland said:

Again, please show your true understanding of the impact of your "struggle" and donate 1000 Proactive treatment packages to girls who you can supposedly relate to, because they share your "struggle" and might not be able to afford the wonderfulness you now experience.

giphy.gif

• Love 3
9 hours ago, vast wasteland said:

Kendall Jenner Reveals the Kardashian Sisters Would "Cry" With Her Over Acne Struggles Before Using Proactiv

In which Kendall tries mightily to convince us that her acne trauma is, indeed deep and dramatic.

1.  You are a rich white privileged girl from a wealthy family.

2.  It is therefore hard for me to understand your "struggle."

3.  You have now and have always had access to the best and the brightest of doctors and treatments.  Did they all fail?

4.  It is hard to understand that you didn't become aware of/use Proactiv until now, as it is a heavily advertised product touted by stars.  Surely you must have seen or heard of it previously.

5.  Again, please show your true understanding of the impact of your "struggle" and donate 1000 Proactive treatment packages to girls who you can supposedly relate to, because they share your "struggle" and might not be able to afford the wonderfulness you now experience.

6.   Hard for me to believe that this is motivated by altruism and sharing of this miraculous treatment.  It would be interesting to know how much you benefitted monetarily from this soul baring, hugely touted revelation.  Remember, especially if you are a Christian as apparently at least two of your amazing sisters are, the bible says

I can’t believe Kris didn’t film these little cryfests. After all ...in the Kardashian world everything must be documented so they have  “Memories•

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

If it is Kendall, she needs to stop with the nose jobs and lip fillers.

Really. All the Kar-Jenners are gonna end up with the same face on different sized and shaped bodies - at this point Kendall’s arms are more recognizable than her face.

• Love 6

If that's Kendall, she's unrecognizable. The fact that her career in great part depends on her face, & so far nobody here is sure that it's her should be a warning sign to someone. I hope her team is reading this.

• Love 2

How Proactiv became the go-to mega-money endorsement deal for celebrities

Interesting article on the genesis of Proactiv, sample below.

Proactiv and the golden age of the infomercial

ShamWow. The George Foreman grill. Bowflex. Tony Robbins. And, yes, Proactiv. What these all have in common is that they were historically sold via infomercial. But Proactiv is the only one that is arguably still a cultural and financial force. It’s one of the best-selling acne treatment brands of all time.

Proactiv’s products are not unique or that different from many other acne products out there. Its treatment products contain benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and sulfur, the three most common active ingredients used in over-the-counter medications you can find at any drugstore. But when it launched in 1995, it was a bit different. It was regimen-based, meaning that instead of a spot treatment product that you seek out after you already have breakouts, it was meant to be a three-step system to prevent and treat, sold as a set and via a subscription model that renewed automatically. Its biggest differentiator from its competitors, though, is that it brilliantly used a strategy of infomercials and A-list celebrities to sell its products.

Proactiv was founded in the early 1990s by two dermatologists, Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields. If those last names sound familiar, it’s because they are also the founders of Rodan + Fields, the popular (and sometimes infamous) billion-dollar multilevel marketing beauty brand likely lurking all over your Facebook feed.

According to Forbes, the duo tried to pitch Proactiv to Neutrogena, which told them that infomercials would be a good way to market it. Neutrogena ultimately passed, and after some initial concern about infomercials being “cheesy,” the founders decided embrace them as a marketing plan. They licensed the product to Guthy-Renker, a company with considerable knowledge about infomercials. (Guthy-Renker was behind the Tony Robbins empire, and currently sells both Cindy Crawford’s Meaningful Beauty line and the often-sued Wen hair care line.) Forbes suggests Rodan and Fields were paid 15 percent royalties by Guthy-Renker, at least at one point. It’s not clear if they’re still involved with the company. As of publication time, Proactiv did not respond to requests for comment.

So, so many celebrities have shilled Proactiv

In 1999, Judith Light, then known for her role in the sitcom Who’s the Boss and now known as the boss of all red carpets, was hired as the first celebrity to shill for Proactiv. Since then, Puff Daddy, Alicia Keys, Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Justin Bieber, Lindsay Lohan, Mandy Moore, Vanessa Williams, Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, Kaley Cuoco, Adam Levine, Julianne Hough, and many more have repped the brand. (There were later rumors that Puff Daddy sued the brand because it didn’t work, but there is no credible reporting that this actually happened.)

• Love 1
On 1/9/2019 at 1:11 PM, vast wasteland said:

1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Kendall, Kris, Kylie, Kim & the rest of that wretched family is not going to understand or comprehend that bible quote. Its like a foreign language to these losers.

• Love 3

“Despite there being bigger problems in the world”  she goes on to talk about her debilitating acne. She goes on about the pressure to be perfect ..... and neglects to mention that her family is instrumental in perpetuating that idea. Wants other young people to know that it’s okay not to be perfect.... (now that she’s managed to achieve clear skin). 

I haven’t seen her commercial yet on television... has Pro Active released it yet? 

This girl is so unaware of anything other than what affects her and her little world and takes no responsibility for being so obtuse.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I haven’t seen her commercial yet on television... has Pro Active released it yet? 

I think I saw it once, I think. I keep seeing Proactiv commercials, but not Kendall's which I find strange. Why do this whole big announcement & then not use her commercial?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GaT said:

I think I saw it once, I think. I keep seeing Proactiv commercials, but not Kendall's which I find strange. Why do this whole big announcement & then not use her commercial?

I don't get it either. I see a ton of Proactive commercials. Its really odd but according to iSpotTv which tracks commercials, Kendall's commercial has aired a whopping 2 times.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GaT said:

Probably getting more press and free publicity without having Kendall’s wooden and uninspiring delivery of the product pitch actually air.

• Love 8

I don't know if anyone here saw FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened on Netflix (I don't know how much the doc on Hulu mentions this), but Kendall was one of the models used to promote the event (with Emily Ratajkowski, Bella Hadid, & Hailey Baldwin among others) & she was paid $250,000 to post something on her IG account. Now she's being called out on it. Who is advising this girl? Every time she promotes something, there's controversy, she's like a magnet for disaster. None of her sisters have this problem, is it her agency who's letting her get screwed over?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GaT said:

I don't know if anyone here saw FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened on Netflix (I don't know how much the doc on Hulu mentions this), but Kendall was one of the models used to promote the event (with Emily Ratajkowski, Bella Hadid, & Hailey Baldwin among others) & she was paid $250,000 to post something on her IG account. Now she's being called out on it. Who is advising this girl? Every time she promotes something, there's controversy, she's like a magnet for disaster. None of her sisters have this problem, is it her agency who's letting her get screwed over?

I did. Says a lot that she has expressed no regret over this situation.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I did. Says a lot that she has expressed no regret over this situation.

I’m sure her family reassured her that it wasn’t her fault that it flopped, no reason to apologize, sftet all she’s a good person  who would never do anything to hurt anyone... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I don't think anyone could have predicted the festival would have turned out to be such a clusterfuck. On paper it looked like a good idea. Lots of people ended up royally screwed over. Forget an apology, if Kendall wanted to show regret she would have made a huge donation to the GoFund me for the caterer who lost her life savings as a result of the festival.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I don't think anyone could have predicted the festival would have turned out to be such a clusterfuck. On paper it looked like a good idea. Lots of people ended up royally screwed over. Forget an apology, if Kendall wanted to show regret she would have made a huge donation to the GoFund me for the caterer who lost her life savings as a result of the festival.

I’m betting she was instructed to do nothing of the sort (probably by Kris) as it would contradict the poor innocent Kendall had absolutely no clue how mismanaged the festival actually was, she’s totally been victimized and had her good name ruined, Kardashian party line.  

• Love 8
15 hours ago, howmanywords said:

A lot of things look great on paper and never come to fruition because the realities of making it happen are just too much to overcome in some capacity or another. If any of those models that promoted the festival really cared about what they put their names to, they wouldn't have done it in the first place because there was enough there to question how it could be pulled off. They got the presentation version of the promises and with a $250K offer for their services, they said 'sign me up.   While I don't blame them for the disaster of the festival, I do blame them for profiting off of a failed promise that cost average people thousands of dollars while already rich people pocketed 5-6 figure monies for a glamorous getaway that was nothing close to the reality. When you have people who take great care in what they put their names to, there's no reason it should be anyone's excuse not to unless they're hard-pressed for money...I don't think any of those models fall into the category of 'hard-pressed'.

• Love 8

Kendall Jenner's Fyre Fest Instagram May Have Actually Changed Influencer Culture

As far as the public knows, Jenner has received no formal, or informal, punishment for not disclosing she was posting an ad, profiting from it, and misleading her followers. The lawsuit where she was indirectly named has still not been settled, and there’s no word on if the FTC issued her any sort of written warning, let alone a fine. She’s also never even publicly acknowledged that she was associated with Fyre Festival (Bella Hadid, who was also paid and promoted it, at least apologized to her followers… in a post that’s since been deleted).

While nothing might have directly happened to Jenner since the Fyre Festival, influencers and how they convey transparency has definitely changed. In the fall of 2017, Instagram started rolling out a new partnership feature, which let users immediately see that influencers were working with another brand/company, even if they didn’t outright mention it was an #ad. Had this feature been around when Jenner first posted, her name wouldn’t be all over the media again with this sudden resurgence of interest in the Fyre Festival — and it maybe would have saved a few people an ill fated trip to the Bahamas.

Not even an apology.

I have a hard time understanding the apparent greed. 

While I hope Kendall quietly contributes money to causes, it is hard for me to imagine that she does considering the Kardashian culture of self aggrandizing ways, and their propensity never to pass up an opportunity for publicity.  I think if Kendall did chose to give money, we would hear about it, if for no other reason than to mitigate the damage and bad press from Proactiv and Fyre Festival.  So there is a chance there may have been some efforts the public is not aware of. 

Given that caveat, I wish Kendall would have felt moved by people's plights to donate Proactiv treatments , AND, given her relative wealth, donating her fee (even if she adjusted the amount to reflect the taxes) to those defrauded by the Fyre debacle.

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly. She has not even issued an apology for her involvement.

I honestly don't think she owes one, nor do the other influencers.  They were working in good faith, they had nothing to do with the actual day-to-day production of the event and had no reason to believe Billy (& his team) were lying to them.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, iwasish said:

I’m betting she was instructed to do nothing of the sort (probably by Kris) as it would contradict the poor innocent Kendall had absolutely no clue how mismanaged the festival actually was, she’s totally been victimized and had her good name ruined, Kardashian party line.  

I'd bet 20 bucks and a bag of donuts that is exactly what happened.

To my knowledge only one has given any kind of a statement (Bella Hadid) and even that was eventually removed. Most if not all the others simply removed posts and have basically acted like it never happened.

Kendall Jenner, Hailey Baldwin, and All of Those Fyre Festival Models are Facing Subpoenas

Two talent agencies that represented Bella Hadid, Hailey Baldwin, and Emily Ratajkowski's involvement in promotional content for Fyre Festival are facing subpoenas, Billboard is reporting. Kendall Jenner is also expected to receive a subpoena in an effort to understand the payments the models and agencies received from now-famous and fraudulent Billy McFarland. A judge signed off on the court summons earlier this month.

Gregory Messer—the trustee overseeing Fyre Media's bankruptcy—hopes that calling the models and influencers to court will help him understand what happened to the total $26 million that was raised by Fyre's investors. Over $1 million is understood to have been allocated to hiring talent to perform at the festival, with hundreds of thousands of dollars more being spent on macro influencers like Jenner and Baldwin. Jenner specifically was reportedly given $250,000 for a single Instagram post about the festival (which has since been deleted).

• Love 1

Kendall Jenner strips completely NAKED as she dons just rubber gloves and heels for racy Italian Vogue shoot

In recent years, she has enjoyed phenomenal success in the modelling industry, walking runways across the globe for some of the world's biggest designers.

And Kendall Jenner, 23, showed exactly why she's one of the most coveted in her highly competitive industry as she stripped off for a decidedly racy new shoot.

In a newly unveiled spread for Vogue Italia, the brunette beauty is seen completely naked — save for yellow rubber gloves, nude stockings and towering white heels — as she strikes a sultry pose with her back to the camera.

6 hours ago, iwasish said:

So knee highs are making a comeback? 

Im betting Kris has a life size copy on her wall of  “pics  of my nude daughters “

Silly me, I thought that photo shoots in magazines were supposed to promote clothes, jewelry, etc.  I guess she's promoting knee highs and shoes?  I must be a prude, but I think that shoot is really kind of tacky. I guess Kendall has a career in nude modeling if this Legit modeling thing doesn't work out.  Now I'm waiting for Kim's nude picture to show up.  Can't have Kendall stealing the limelight

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, skipnjump said:

Silly me, I thought that photo shoots in magazines were supposed to promote clothes, jewelry, etc.

Maybe Kendall has a new modeling contract with Clorox for dish washing gloves?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

What has this girl done to herself?

Be sure to click on the arrow on the right side, there are 2 videos you should see.
Edited by GaT
  • Love 1

KARDASHIAN CURSE NO MORE? KENDALL JENNER PRAISED BY SIXERS OWNER FOR DATING BEN SIMMONS, IMPLIES IT'S A MYTH

The Kardashian Curse may be put to rest with the newest supporter of Kendall Jenner and Ben Simmons’s romance. 76ers co-owner Michael Rubin is in complete support of the celebrities revived relationship because it seems to be beneficial for the basketball team.  

Rubin expressed his seeming appreciation for the young Kardashian’s interest in Simmons and the team in an interview with TMZ on Monday. “Thirteen and two since they’ve been dating,” said Rubin in a quick comment to the celebrity source.

A petition, started by Sixers fans, circled the internet in January aiming to have Jenner banned from the Wells Fargo Center where the team plays. The petition noted the “Kardashian Curse,” which is said to act as a jinx. The petition was started after Jenner attended a game and the team lost.

Rubin formerly denounced the petition in a conversation with Business Insider in January. “I think it’s ridiculous,” Rubin explained. “I think Kendall’s awesome. I’ve spent a bunch of time with her. I was with Kendall a few days ago and Kendall insisted on going home and getting a good night’s sleep when Ben wanted to stay out for a late dinner. So, Kendall’s been a great influence on him, and we’ve won every game she’s been at but one so far.”

Kendall Jenner reveals she has 'cried endlessly for days' from the 'hate' she receives online: 'That's what can really mess you up'

I'm going to give her a pass because she is young, but I hope she learns that:

1.  If something hurts, stop doing it or change your attitude about it.

2.  The world does not owe you slavish devotion.

3.  You live and earn by social media, do you not know it is cruel?

4.  Maybe, just maybe, you could learn something about yourself by thinking about what is being said and why.

5.  Way to use butthurt to promote your new Skin Care Master product line.

6.  Maybe think a little about people who are focused on trying to get by every single day, wondering where rent and food money will come from and practice gratitude instead of this narcissistic whining.

7.  Help those people.

8.  Ask God at  your next Sunday go to church if he thinks your pimples are important, or if he would like you to concentrate on something else.

Kendall Jenner is on the cover of the latest Allure magazine.

And the reality star turned supermodel opens up about the struggle of dealing with online trolls who say 'hurtful things'.

'I have cried endlessly for days because of things people have said to me, and I’ve had to become stronger through it,' the 23-year-old told the publication.

'I mean, don’t get me wrong: I am not superhuman. I definitely feel, and the things people say online are very hurtful,' she continued.

But the brunette beauty knows how to navigate around the negative noise. 

'You also just have to live your life and not pay attention to it. 

'I think it can get pretty unhealthy if you really are deep in it and paying attention to it all the time. I think that that’s what can really mess you up,' Kendall explained.

She even opened up about the hate she received when she showed up at the 2018 Golden Globes with an acne flare up.

'It was probably a once in a lifetime thing for me to go to the Golden Globes (in 2018). I don’t know if I’ll ever go again, ’cause that’s not usually my event to go to, you know? 

'And so I went and I was super excited about it, and I’m not gonna let something so little (and big) as acne stop me. 

I was feeling good about myself, and then when people say mean things I’m like, “I know I have a zit. I know I’m breaking out. You guys don’t have to keep pointing it out. I obviously see that, but let me live."'

Kendall also dished about which of her famous sisters - Kim, Kourtney, Khloe, or Kylie - has the best skincare routine. 

'I honestly might need to take credit for this one, only because they haven’t really struggled with breakouts,' she gushed.

'Khloe did a little bit when she was really young, and then Rob a bit when he was really young but he’s not my sister (laughs). 

'They all have beautiful skin. So I will talk myself up and say that I might be the [skin-care] master in the family,' she concluded.

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 6