Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kendall got her first big campaign

http://news.instyle.com/2014/06/18/kendall-jenner-landed-her-first-major-ad-givenchy-campaign/

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/fashion/2014/06/17/kendall-jenner-face-of-givenchy-campaign

Kendall-Jenner-Givenchy-Campaign.jpg

kendall-jenner-1-600x450.jpg

Hollywood Gossip says that her and Kylie are in talks to get a teen chat show (which they actually have done before -they used to do red carpet stuff for E! a while ago whre they had a set and would do Q & A's)

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/06/18/kendall-kylie-jenner-teen-talk-show-hosts/

Edited by Humbugged
(edited)

IMHO Kendall (and Kylie) have been dressed so inappropriately lately. You're still teens kids, you're not 35! Sad to me.

What is it with the no eyebrows thing? Who looks like that? Who wants to look like that? I don't get this kind of photograph/or the fashion. If the intention was to make her look like any other brunette model, I guess they succeeded, cause I would never have known it was her.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2
(edited)

I agree about Kylie. However I disagree about Kendall being dressed inappropriately. I think Kendall looks gorgeous and chic these days. Kendall is a professional model and is being styled very well by Monica Rose. She only really dresses up when she attends events as she should. Also most of the stuff Kendall wears she is being paid or sponsored to do so by certain brands as a professional model. So far I don't think there is anything wrong with what she has worn. I mean women show more skin wearing bikinis on a beach than anything Kendall has recently worn to an event or on the red carpet. She looks great in my opinion!

I think Kendall looks fabulous in the new Givency Fall campaign. I'm happy for her. The bleached eyebrow look is a new trend in high fashion as it makes the models look edgy, moody, and unrecognizable so that the clothes stand out more. The majority of high fashion is about selling the clothes and a certain lifestyle. It's about art, edginess, strangeness, androgyny, and making everything look ethereal(and other worldly). This is taken to the extreme in high fashion. This is why most of the models are made up to look very edgy, androgynous, alien-like, and out of this world. This is what high fashion is and has always been. By the way high fashion is just a small niche of the modeling industry. The majority of models make the bulk of their money doing commercial(glam) modeling because that is where the work and the big pay days reside. In commercial modelling the models have to look beautiful, sexy, fit, presentable, sometimes wholesome, and well put together because their image(and sex appeal) is used to sell numerous products. It is totally the opposite of high fashion.

Edited by Nioclas
  • Love 4

. If the intention was to make her look like any other brunette model, I guess they succeeded, cause I would never have known it was her.

You got it!! Fashion photographers are into dehumanizing models and making them look like dolls or mannequins.

Here is Kendall being featured in the new Givenchy Advert for the Fall 2014 campaign. She looks terrific.

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s Your Video Invite to Givenchy’s Fall Rave Riccardo Tisci hosted a private party in a London hotel suite and only a few people made the guest list, including models Mariacarlo Boscono, Julia Nobis, Jamie Bochert, and Kendall Jenner. (Oh, and never one to miss a party, Peter Brant Jr. made the cut as well.) Party dress code: Givenchy Fall 2014 only. Tisci enlisted photography duo Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott to capture the models sporting his latest looks, including sheer, pleated skirts; softly printed dresses; and pussy-bow blouses. The resulting images make up the buzzy Givenchy Fall 2014 ad campaign. In case you weren’t invited to Tisci’s rave, we’ve got the video to watch right now. Here, the film makes its world premiere exclusively on Style.com.

Here is the link to the video: http://www.style.com/stylefile/2014/06/exclusive-givenchy-fall-2014-ad-campaign/#_=_

Okay, I accept it. I have no interest in, nor understanding of high fashion. To me it's just a bunch of too skinny people wearing impractical clothing (that I'll never see anyone else wear) and overdone makeup, doing "runway poses"

My 4 yr old niece does the same thing with old tablecloths and scarves and her moms old makeup, while strutting thru the dining room lip syncing to Girls Just want to have Fun!

• Love 4

Kendall Jenner for  Chanel Haute Couture in Paris, France - (July 8, 2014)

BsBbLeyCQAAOYCZ.jpg

BsBYnawCAAAqz6f.jpg

BsBYm2MCMAAiMxN.jpg

Kendall Jenner for  Chanel Haute Couture in Paris, France - (July 8, 2014)

BsB_xyYIMAAhMae.jpg

BsBYlzCCIAAW74V.jpg

BsBajyuCIAAyiqQ.jpg

BsCaUlcIgAAwQjg.jpg

Like I always say, just because it's made by a famous designer doesn't mean it isn't butt ugly.

What is that she's wearing a "tartan plaid hybrid kilt/sarong" and a DUI monitor on her ankle?  I'm sure it's gonna fly off the racks at all the big department stores.

And I think she has had work done on her lips at least, maybe just temporary but they are definitely fuller than usual.

• Love 1

As of now Kendall has not had any work done on her face or body. If you are seeing anything different it is due to makeup. Kendall and the other models were modeling Haute Couture which means these fashions are more outrageous and left field than the normal high fashion ensembles. These designs are not meant to be sold at regular department stores.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kendall and Kim at the  Vogue Paris Foundation Dinner 7/9/14

BsIQeeXCEAAaM3M.jpg

BsIzOvMIYAAVL4D.jpg

BsIzOooIMAA_-dP.jpg

BsIBibDIYAE-VR1.jpg

BsI7l94CYAASLlp.jpg

BsIffUSCQAA_NpJ.jpg

Edited by Nioclas

What is that mess Kim is wearing? Why don't they alter her clothing to fit her fat ass, wide hips and huge tits? There are big ripples across the front of the skirt, her tits look squished, clearly she can't compete with Kendall in that kind of clothing, why bother trying to compete and look ridiculous?

• Love 4

I think Kendall looks beautiful. I don't like Kim's dress, but she looks pretty good even though she looks out of place standing along side real models. This was not an actual modeling gig. This event was thrown by Vogue Paris for their foundation. This event is like the Met Gala. I believe Olivier tapped both Kim and Kendall to appear with him as apart of the "Balmain Army. Designers invite celebs/socialites to their fashion shows and events all the time to draw publicity. In fact a good amount of celebs were at the event. This was just an appearance they made as guests at a top fashion dinner(Vogue Paris Foundation gala). Kendall has 3 agencies that book her jobs and look out for her interests(as well as look out for their own interests). She'll be fine.

I think Kendall looks beautiful. I don't like Kim's dress, but she looks pretty good even though she looks out of place standing along side real models. This was not an actual modeling gig. This event was thrown by Vogue Paris for their foundation. This event is like the Met Gala. I believe Olivier tapped both Kim and Kendall to appear with him as apart of the "Balmain Army. Designers invite celebs/socialites to their fashion shows and events all the time to draw publicity. In fact a good amount of celebs were at the event. This was just an appearance they made as guests at a top fashion dinner(Vogue Paris Foundation gala). Kendall has 3 agencies that book her jobs and look out for her interests(as well as look out for their own interests). She'll be fine.

If the designers are inviting Kim at least they could have her wear clothing that is properly fitted. It is their product she is advertising. But then fashion designers don't really know how to dress anything other than tall thin stick straight women.

Kim looked out of place in leopard print and brown shoes when all the others were wearing their mutant ninja turtle breastplates.

• Love 2
(edited)

A blanket over Kim's head could only be an improvement at this point.

Exactly. Just like what she does to her baby.

Edited by Tony
  • Love 1

In both of the group shots with the other models, I will say my eye is instantly drawn to Kendall. She's really got a good look for modeling these days. I can see why she's getting booked and it's not just the family name(s). 

• Love 3
Kendall was fortunate to inherit the Jenner genes.

Kendall is a beautiful girl. I think Kendall is the one daughter who naturally resembles Kris the most (facially). However I agree that she has more of the Jenner genes where she has been blessed with a very tall, long, lean, and athletic looking body that is perfect for modeling. She is also very photogenic which also helps with modeling.

• Love 2

article-2691972-1FA4767B00000578-341_634

The image was posted on models.com, where LOVE Magazine Editor-in-Chief Katie Grand couldn’t speak more highly of Jenner.

‘Kendall is not only one of our cover stars, but one of the breakthrough faces of the season, who I loved so much that I asked her to model in three of our stories this issue,’ Grand explained.

The sultry lingerie is textbook Sorrenti, who has shot the likes of Kate Moss, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Christy Turlington.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2691972/Keeping-Kendall-Jenner-lands-high-fashion-cover-editorial-black-lingerie-LOVE-magazine.html

What is that mess Kim is wearing? Why don't they alter her clothing to fit her fat ass, wide hips and huge tits? There are big ripples across the front of the skirt, her tits look squished, clearly she can't compete with Kendall in that kind of clothing, why bother trying to compete and look ridiculous?

Notice that her belt matches the model's clothes? That's the big tie in to make Kim look like she belongs there LOL

(edited)

Kendall and Kim at the Vogue Paris Foundation Dinner 7/9/14

BsIBibDIYAE-VR1.jpg

BsI7l94CYAASLlp.jpg

To the extent that I care about anyone in this circus (as in, NO ONE), I feel for Kendall. The girl has managed to launch what appears to be a legitimate modeling career. You know, a job. With paychecks that don't come from E! It won't last forever. Let her live and enjoy it.

If I were Kendall, I'd have flicked big sister off my arm and squashed her like the annoying little blood sucker that she is.

P.S. Whoever told Kimmie that that look worked for her lied.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

To the extent that I care about anyone in this circus (as in, NO ONE), I feel for Kendall. The girl has managed to launch what appears to be a legitimate modeling career. You know, a job. With paychecks that don't come from E! It won't last forever. Let her live and enjoy it.

If I were Kendall, I'd have flicked big sister off her arm and squashed her like the annoying little blood sucker that she is.

P.S. Whoever told Kimmie that that look worked for her lied.

Probably Kanye.

Kendall is a beautiful girl. I think Kendall is the one daughter who naturally resembles Kris the most (facially). However I agree that she has more of the Jenner genes where she has been blessed with a very tall, long, lean, and athletic looking body that is perfect for modeling. She is also very photogenic which also helps with modeling.

She's beautiful, but where is her personality?

• Love 2

Wow, she really does, I wonder what her face would look like without all the plastic surgery, because I don't see any resemblance between Kris & Kendall now. Kourtney looks......unfortunate. 

Maybe this is what is missing in her photos. There's no spark in her, no charisma.

To be fair, I'm not so sure the designers want the spark and charisma on the runway.  They want it to be about the fashion.  Not the person walking down the runway. And for Kendall to be successful, I think it may be even more important that she "blend" a bit.  Not entirely, but she comes with a family name that has a bit of notoriety around it.  They don't want "hey, there's Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashian's sister" on the runway.  It seems like her team gets this - Kendall the model seems to be develping a different personality than Kendall as a Kardashian.  When she first hit the runways this year, people were commenting about the lack of the Kardashian presence and I think that was intentional.  I think it was meant to send a message to the fashion world.

(edited)

To be fair, I'm not so sure the designers want the spark and charisma on the runway.  They want it to be about the fashion.  Not the person walking down the runway. And for Kendall to be successful, I think it may be even more important that she "blend" a bit.  Not entirely, but she comes with a family name that has a bit of notoriety around it.  They don't want "hey, there's Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashian's sister" on the runway.  It seems like her team gets this - Kendall the model seems to be develping a different personality than Kendall as a Kardashian.  When she first hit the runways this year, people were commenting about the lack of the Kardashian presence and I think that was intentional.  I think it was meant to send a message to the fashion world.

When I referenced her personality, I was speaking generally, not so much about her modeling career. Even when she's on the show, I've not been able to discern her personality. Lately all she does is pout, whine or sulk and take photos. This isn't a dig, she seems like a nice enough person, just bland.

Since we're on the topic of model personalities. I kind of miss the supermodels of the 90s. They had glamour and personality. I mean, Naomi has personality for daaaays and still works to this day! Maybe Kendall will develop her own model personality with time.

Edited by tvallthetime
  • Love 1

Kendall may do well as a model, but I don't think she'll be a super star or have real longevity. The models who really last are the ones who jump off the page at you. The ones that,  in a group photo, your eye goes to immediately. Cheryl Tiegs, Kathy Ireland, Janice Dickenson. Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington. Even as newcomers on the scene, there was something that shone thru.

Right now she's getting lots of experience and it is somewhat due to the interest in her family name and that designers can see that Kim will horn in on her appearances... giving them additional press coverage.

I understand that much of what she puts forth on the runway and in pictures is what the photographer and the designer are asking for. But I'm wondering if she has more to her than the dour, sour, stone face she's been perfecting,(probably learned by watching Kim). Does she have any other look... like a smile?

She seems dedicated and mature so I'll imagine she continue working but I do think once the "newness" wears off, she'll just be one of hundreds of working models

Kendall may do well as a model, but I don't think she'll be a super star or have real longevity. The models who really last are the ones who jump off the page at you. The ones that,  in a group photo, your eye goes to immediately. Cheryl Tiegs, Kathy Ireland, Janice Dickenson. Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington. Even as newcomers on the scene, there was something that shone thru.

Right now she's getting lots of experience and it is somewhat due to the interest in her family name and that designers can see that Kim will horn in on her appearances... giving them additional press coverage.

I understand that much of what she puts forth on the runway and in pictures is what the photographer and the designer are asking for. But I'm wondering if she has more to her than the dour, sour, stone face she's been perfecting,(probably learned by watching Kim). Does she have any other look... like a smile?

She seems dedicated and mature so I'll imagine she continue working but I do think once the "newness" wears off, she'll just be one of hundreds of working models

That doesn't seem to be the "thing" any more. Look at the names you listed, it's been at least 2 decades since any of them hit the scene. I couldn't even name one big name model these days. I don't think agencies want their models to have a personality, they want blank slate faces that the designers can create a cohesive look with. If a known face is wanted for an ad campaign, they use a celebrity and they seem to want faces that blend in for the runway. Just looking at the group shots in this thread, Kendal looks more alive than half of those models. The some of them above look like they are dead. And not to be mean, but some are none too pretty. 

• Love 1
(edited)

They take pretty ones and make them look like the not so pretty ones.

I do agree that the days of the big super cover girl models are ending. Covers are now all reality stars and TV personalities. Magazine sales are down. High fashion is all that's left. And since the designer's vision is the driving force and the models don't need to be conventionally pretty, just stick straight and tall, with the ability to strut the runway, the pool of candidates is even bigger than before. Kendall's advantage was her connections. She's going to have to tread carefully, using the family name just enough, but not too much. I just don't see real longevity in her career. I think she's getting noticed because of who she is. People are curious and look at the pics to see if they can pick her out. If she had just been in a photoshoot with other random models, anonymously, I doubt most people would look twice at her. There are tall leggy skinny pretty and prettier teens in every jr/sr high in America.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1

Kendall was fortunate to inherit the Jenner genes.

I think she looks more like Kris than Bruce.   Kris is gorgeous.  Bitch, but  gorgeous woman.

Kim should never stand next to Kendall.   She looks like the dumpy maid playing dress up in her glamorous employer's clothing. 

I think she looks more like Kris than Bruce.   Kris is gorgeous.  Bitch, but  gorgeous woman.

Kim should never stand next to Kendall.   She looks like the dumpy maid playing dress up in her glamorous employer's clothing. 

The body type is more Jenner than Kris K. Face wise yeah she's more Kris, but since Kris and Kim have fucked up their faces its really hard to tell.