Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
17wheatthins

Kate Plus Date

Kate Gosselin will return to TLC, the network that aired multiple seasons of her first show Jon & Kate Plus Eight, in June. But instead of focusing on her children and her parenting, Gosselin’s new show will re-introduce her to viewers as a single mom who is ready to date again. 

Kate Plus Date kicks off as Gosselin’s oldest girls, twins Mady and Cara, are headed to college this fall, and the sextuplets are now full-fledged teenagers. “Over the years on TLC, viewers have seen Kate as a mom of eight,” the press release says, per CNN. But in fact, “moms deserve the chance to find love too!” (Who would have thought?)

With the help of two matchmakers, Gosselin will re-enter the “new” and “awkward” world of dating, almost exactly 10 years after she and ex-husband Jon Gosselin announced they were divorcing. (TLC later simply renamed the show Kate Plus 8). The two have been fighting over custody of their children for years. 

On its face, Kate Plus Date sounds an awful lot like a condensed version of The Bachelorette wherein Gosselin dates several prospective suitors at a time with the challenge of picking one of them by the end of the show. Fun dates and steamy dates are planned:

On the new show, the matchmakers will set Kate Gosselin up on dates with 10 bachelors over the course of the series.

The dates will be composed of two activities: one that’s fun and interactive, and another that’s more intimate where the pair can really see if there’s a spark.

• Sad 2

I can't wait to watch........

anything else that's on tv that night.

Go away, Kate!

• Like 6
  • Laugh 7

I am laughing so hard at the idea of this show!

• Like 5

Who knows maybe Kate Gosselin just needs to get laid to quit being such a bitch! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

I will only watch if they promise to send Kate and her date camping in an RV so we can relive the road trip from hell.

• Laugh 5

Ok, Mady looks like she got lip fillers.  Just sayin...........

• Like 1

A little off topic, but does anyone know where those girls are going to college in the fall?

• Eeewww. I cannot STAND Kate! I may just mop the floor or something when this show is on.  I can always clean the toilet!
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I couldn't find out where they're going to college, but if it's a state school in Pennsylvania, often multiples get free tuition at state schools, but I don't know if that's true in this case.   Plus, on the publicity tour for this dumpster fire of a show, Kate G. was hinting at a spinoff reality show of her daughters college life.    So whatever school they go to would have to be one that allows filming on campus.  

I wonder how much they had to pay Kate's dates?    

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

I think Kate is so pretty.  She'd be beautiful if she wasn't so mean.  She was mostly mean to John.  Perhaps she realizes her personality needed an adjustment and has gotten better.  I hope so.

The twins are very rude and disrespectful.  I guess they take after their mom.  I have to give Kate credit for not being one of those moms who beat their kids b/c I'd want to slap their smart mouths.  

I hope they all do well though.  Those children didn't ask to come into this world.  They're here because Kate wanted children so bad she put her own life in jeopardy to have them.  John was content with the twins, but he went along with Kate and the fertility treatments.

I hope Kate and her brother and other family members have made peace.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1