Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: This Life We Choose [Season Finale]

ESS
  • Start Topic

THE FIRST RESPONDERS SUSPECT A SERIAL BOMBER IS ON THE LOOSE

The 118 responds to calls from a stunt driver caught in a hairy situation, a teenage social influencer who is bugging out and the city is on high alert after two mail bombs go off. Meanwhile, Eddie's family comes to town and Buck faces a life or death situation 

Just a note - tonight's show is at 8pm Eastern, an hour earlier than usual.  There is some dopey dating elimination show on at 9pm Eastern.  Want to make sure no one tunes in late!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I did get a big smile to see that the influencer's followers also ship Buck and Eddie.  There was a comment that scrolled across her stream that said "They're so cute together!"

And also, Carla!

If Hen and Karen decide to have another baby, we're all pretty sure they'll ask Chim to be the father, right?

• Love 14
(edited)

Awwww, Bobby and Athena got married! Angela Bassett in that dress! She is so beautiful. I swear, that woman barely ages.

Yeah, Bobby is back in uniform! I really liked how they tied the serial bombing back to Bobby and Athena's first case. People rushing to help lift the firetruck was a heartwarming moment.

Awww, Chimney and Maddie k-i-s-s-i-n-g in a firehouse! I am so glad that they are going to try to make their relationship work. They were so sweet at Eddie's ceremony.

Buck broke my heart. He is so afraid of never being firefighter again. I hope his decision to have the second surgery instead of waiting isn't a mistake. It was so nice seeing Carla again, visiting Buck in the hospital. I didn't recognize Buck's girlfriend with brown hair. These women sure head to the exit real quick when their firefighter boyfriends get injured, first Chimney's ex now this chick.

Yay, Eddie is a firefighter! Oh Christopher, so adorable! I was so concerned that Eddie was going to leave with Christopher. His parents should move to LA instead. The actor who played his father is so familiar. I wonder if he was on the soaps.

I really liked the first two rescues. They were fun although the guy being scalped freaked me out. The reaction of her followers to the maggot coming out of the influencer's face cracked me up.

You just know Hen and Karen having a baby will end up being all drama.

@Moose135, thanks for the heads up about the earlier airtime. I didn't know and would have been ticked off if I had missed the finale.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9

I would have liked Angela's dress more if the straps didn't show. I just can't wrap my head around bra straps & a cocktail dress. But I'm glad we didn't have to wait til fall for a wedding.

i didn't recognize Carla! I was all "whooo?"

Eddie's mom looked familiar.

• Love 5

That was a nice finale.  I do wonder if the fact that Eddie's parents are from El Paso means he might make the switch to the spinoff when the time comes.

I do wish they would have explained a bit more why working from home would give Hen's wife more time with her son--in other words, I wish they would have specified it was a lower commute instead of implying that women who work from home also have time to take care of their kids.  That's usually not the case.

• Love 7
(edited)

Really nice season finale.  No weird cliffhangers.  No gratuitous deaths.  Some shows just deliver a good show that leaves you smiling a little.  But man, this season seemed to just fly past.

- Between the lack of character development with Eddie's ex to really get us invested in her before they killed her off, and now this 11th hour pop up of Buck's new girlfriend (did she even appear in any episodes after the mid-season break?), it feels like the show could have benefited from at least two more episodes or either dialed back on the special eps.

- I did like that the bomber storyline was a continuation of Bobby's origin story.

- Eddie's promotion party is the sort of montage scene I just dorkily love.

- Carla!  Hi, Carla!

- Buck's new pad is suh-weet!  poor Buck tho.  Great acting, he looked scared pinned under the truck.  And his primal scream when they pulled him was also pretty solid.

- I like that the show remembers Maddie was a nurse a lot.

- Man this show loves to troll the Buck/Eddie shippers.

- Awww, Athena and Bobby got married.  Didn't expect that to happen quite so soon, but it is a season finale and weddings tend to happen.  Great way to end the season.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I didn't recognize Buck's girlfriend with brown hair. These women sure head to the exit real quick when their firefighter boyfriends get injured, first Chimney's ex now this chick.

Buck's girlfriend (Tiffany Dupont) is/was Bodie's girlfriend on the canceled show Proven Innocent. I guess she played all her options.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, rhys said:

I would have liked Angela's dress more if the straps didn't show. I just can't wrap my head around bra straps & a cocktail dress. But I'm glad we didn't have to wait til fall for a wedding.

i didn't recognize Carla! I was all "whooo?"

Eddie's mom looked familiar.

I wish I recorded this to fast forward through those early icky scenes.  I got through both by searching to see who was Eddie's mom and the long haired guy's girlfriend.  Couldn't find out either, but now have one answer. Anyone recognize the girlfriend?

I did not like the dress.  I think the wedding dress was designed to have the contrasting colors. It would have worked imho if either there had been some black embroidery in the dress or if the whole thing was white.  But really, this is Angela Bassett!  She has beautiful everything, especially shoulders, show them off not distract from them with straps.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, elle said:

I wish I recorded this to fast forward through those early icky scenes.  I got through both by searching to see who was Eddie's mom and the long haired guy's girlfriend.  Couldn't find out either, but now have one answer. Anyone recognize the girlfriend?

If you mean wannabe Evel Knievel's wife, it was Charisma Carpenter. Man, her career has tanked. 

Edited by Jillybean
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

If you mean wannabe Evel Knievel's wife, it was Charisma Carpenter. Man, her career has tanked. 

OMG, watching the actress, she reminded me of Charisma Carpenter, but I thought they just had a similar look and mannerisms. I didn't recognize her and I used to be a huge Angel fan. WTH, has she done to her face!? She was stunning! The pressure on women to stay young in Hollywood strikes again. *shakes head* After Angel, she did mostly guest stints, but she is damn sure too young to be the wife of that actor playing the race car driver.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I do wonder if the fact that Eddie's parents are from El Paso means he might make the switch to the spinoff when the time comes.

Oh no, that never occurred to me! I don't want to lose Eddie and Christopher. I really hope not. Rob Lowe's reputed ego wouldn't want to share the spotlight anyway.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

Oh no, that never occurred to me! I don't want to lose Eddie and Christopher. I really hope not. Rob Lowe's reputed ego wouldn't want to share the spotlight anyway.

It's not like Eddie is a major supporting character.  It'll be an ensemble.  I won't lie, though, it'd crack me up if someone essentially Josh Lymon's his lead character.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It's not like Eddie is a major supporting character.  It'll be an ensemble.  I won't lie, though, it'd crack me up if someone essentially Josh Lymon's his lead character.

An ensemble with Rob Lowe? Do you want him to have a tantrum and quit? Bwah. All the reports have him as the lead making up to $200,000 an episode. I doubt even Angela Bassett is making that much and she won an Oscar. I did read that she is an executive producer on 9-1-1 so maybe she is. We better keep Eddie. I don't want Ryan Guzman to be a victim of Lowe's ego.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

she is damn sure too young to be the wife of that actor paying the race car driver.

Well he did say she was wife number four.    I’m guessing wives one through three are in descending order of age.

A real mechanic who works on cars would never stick his head in an engine with that loose mop of hair.

This week’s callback to Bobby’s origin story was SO MUCH better than last week’s This Is Your Life for Maddie.

And I get that you support your spouse but the arsonist’s wife was blaming everyone except the person who set the damn fire.  

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

An ensemble with Rob Lowe? Do you want him to have a tantrum and quit? Bwah. All the reports have him as the lead making up to $200,000 and episode. I doubt even Angela Bassett is making that much and she won an Oscar. I did read that she is an executive producer on 9-1-1 so maybe she is. We better keep Eddie. I don't want Ryan Guzman to be a victim of Lowe's ego.

I hope Angle and Peter are making at least as much as Rob, or more, considering they led the series off, and are going into their 3rd season. Angela and Peter are both listed as Executive Producers on the show. 

Edited by christine falls
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I do wish they would have explained a bit more why working from home would give Hen's wife more time with her son--in other words, I wish they would have specified it was a lower commute instead of implying that women who work from home also have time to take care of their kids.  That's usually not the case.

I agree that that's an issue on TV shows, but I *think* she said that it was part time, so that's why it was half the money. I already deleted it, though, so I can't go back and look. 

I was already covering my eyes for that zit-popping scene BEFORE the maggot crawled out. Yikes!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mystery said:

I was already covering my eyes for that zit-popping scene BEFORE the maggot crawled out. Yikes!

Since she had mentioned going to Belize recently, I knew that it was going to be a botfly.  It was indeed gross.

I guess I was tired, because I totally didn't make the connection of the other episode with the guy burning down his restaurant as being the same family (at first).  I was thinking that it was a different case that we hadn't seen that they were referring to, since they were talking about the case being three years ago and I know the show hadn't been on that long.  Then I remembered that the arson case was in Bobby's flashback episode and the lightbulb went off.  (Like I said, I was tired.) 

Good episode, and I liked that it didn't end on a cliffhanger, but just gave us hints about future stories about the characters to look forward to (a new baby for Hen's family, Chim and whats-her-name's romance, what will happen with Buck's surgery, etc.

• Love 8

Good season finale and yeah the show really likes to troll the Buck/Eddie shippers but I am ok with that.  It’s a fun pairing that will never actually happen.

It took me way too long to connect the bombing back to Bobby and Athena's First case together.  I thought the scene at the end though with the boy and Bobby saving the day was an efficient and believable way to get him back in the team.   Plus the scene where everyone helped get the truck off Buck got me a little misty.

Loved seeing Maddie and Chimney decide to work things out.

• Love 8

I do have to laugh at how quickly it seemed like Eddie and Christopher got over Shannon's death. There was one scene where they mentioned it and that was it. Good riddance, Shannon. We hardly knew ye!

Poor Buck. Him under that truck was hard to watch. Now, I will say that the scene with the civilians coming to lift the truck worked better than Maddie's calls showing up at the coffee shop last episode. It actually made me smile and teary eyed. I think Buck's cries of pain didn't help. Oliver Stark did an amazing job this episode.

I do understand Buck's fear of not going back to firefighting. But hopefully he does try to not overstrain himself. That would be worse for him. I also forgot he was dating that chick from the earthquake episode. It took me a while to place her. I don't even know if she's gone for good or not, but I don't think I'd mind if she was. 

I liked how everyone else did end on a good note. Maddie/Chimney decided to try a relationship, which is great. They both deserve it.

Bobby and Athena decide to get married, which is great. It feels like they were engaged longer than they were dating, even though I know that's not the case. Either way, happy for them. 

Also happy for Hen and Karen for deciding to have another kid. I bet they'll choose Chimney, which would be cute. 

Overall, a great finale. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Hen and Karen asking Chimney to be the father of their baby never occurred to me. I thought that they would just choose a sperm donor. They could also ask the biological father of their son so they could be biological siblings. I can't see Chimney agreeing since he would want to be a father to the child and now he and Maddie are in a relationship, they will want to have  children only with each other. Maybe they will ask Buck.

I googled the botfly. Eeek! 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, SimoneS said:

An ensemble with Rob Lowe? Do you want him to have a tantrum and quit? Bwah. All the reports have him as the lead making up to $200,000 an episode. I doubt even Angela Bassett is making that much and she won an Oscar. 

Well, she certainly should have won an Oscar, but alas.

That was a fun finale. Shannon's forgotten already!

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Raja said:

How in the world does a second year firefighter get anywhere near to affording that place Buck got?

He used the same realtor who found the Friends cast their huge Manhattan apartments.

8 hours ago, Mystery said:

Oh, same here! Just the close up of her getting ready to pop the zit had me looking away.  We really don't need shots like that, especially with a big-screen TV!

2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

It took me way too long to connect the bombing back to Bobby and Athena's First case together.

I had no clue until I read it here.  I forgot that it was a flash-back when we saw the original story.

I know it's for dramatic purposes and all, but twice in this episode, and a few other times this season (at least once that I remember from Manifest) the police bomb squad is working on a suspected explosive device - and even a kid wearing a bomb vest, and they let random people way too close to the scene.  When that kid was walking around in the bomb vest, they should have moved that crowd back about 2 blocks, not a hundred feet away near the fire trucks.  Same with the exploding tuna fish at the school - get those kids the hell away from there.

And while it did make for a touching part of the story, I didn't get why they needed the crowd to help lift the ladder truck.  Don't they have big power tools on the engine to help with that stuff? And weren't there about 87 cops standing around after they arrested the kid?  I don't understand why Chim was radioing in for more help when he had all of that at his disposal.

• Love 3

I haven't read the thread yet, but did this feel more like a series finale than a season finale? Just me? I wonder if they wrote it this way just in case it didn't get picked up? All in all though, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I hope that Bobby feels he redeemed a few more of the souls on his list.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I haven't read the thread yet, but did this feel more like a series finale than a season finale? Just me? I wonder if they wrote it this way just in case it didn't get picked up?

Yes, I can see that. It wrapped up several story lines and didn't leave much of anything hanging, so I can see how this could have been used as a series finale if it came to that.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, SimoneS said:

The reaction of her followers to the maggot coming out of the influencer's face cracked me up.

I wouldn't know because I had to FF though that part. I could not watch due to being severely grossed out. A guy being scalped I can handle but not a worm coming out of someone's face.😂

The follower's comments were hilarious otherwise. I loved their reactions to Buck and Eddie being  "so Hotttttt" , lol.  

Even though it was kinda cheesy. I teared up when all of the bystanders came in to help lift the truck.

How did Hen and Chimney get out of the truck without a scratch? Did I just miss that part?

I don't remember Buck's new GF at all. I guess she is from the earthquake episode?  Not feeling them together really.   I still miss him with Connie Britton.  

Loved Charisma Carpenter's cameo! She was perfect in that role.

12 hours ago, elle said:

did not like the dress.  I think the wedding dress was designed to have the contrasting colors. It would have worked imho if either there had been some black embroidery in the dress or if the whole thing was white.  But really, this is Angela Bassett!  She has beautiful everything, especially shoulders, show them off not distract from them with straps.

Agreed! It looked like her bra hanging out which is super tacky, especially for your wedding and while wearing what looked to be an otherwise elegant dress.  Like you said, it just detracted from Angela's beautiful...everything, especially shoulders and arms.  That dress didn't need any straps, much less straps that are a different color and looked like her bra.    She looked stunning otherwise, as usual.  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, cam3150 said:

Even though it was kinda cheesy. I teared up when all of the bystanders came in to help lift the truck.

I like the subtlety in that moment. Way better than what they did with Maddie last episode.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, cam3150 said:

How did Hen and Chimney get out of the truck without a scratch? Did I just miss that part?

I think they were on the engine, not the ladder truck that crashed.  There was one quick shot I remember where Hen is looking out the window of the truck, looking back at the ladder truck on its side.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, cam3150 said:

They were in a different truck. They were leading, with Buck in another truck following. I initially thought Eddie was in the same truck with Buck, but I guess not.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Moose135 said:

I think they were on the engine, not the ladder truck that crashed.  There was one quick shot I remember where Hen is looking out the window of the truck, looking back at the ladder truck on its side.

This confused me as well. It would make sense for Chim to be on the engine as acting captain.  Would Hen have been in the EMT vehicle? There are two trucks, one engine one ladder, how would the kid know which one the captain would be on?  How was he able to plant the bomb on the truck?  What about the other firefighters in the truck, there were no other serious injuries besides Buck?  And what about the call they were out on, was another station dispatched?  So many questions.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I haven't read the thread yet, but did this feel more like a series finale than a season finale? Just me? I wonder if they wrote it this way just in case it didn't get picked up? All in all though, 

9-1-1 is FOX's highest scripted drama in the key demo so the show was never in danger of being cancelled. The showrunner said in an interview posted on the media thread that he just wanted to end the season on a hopeful note even though Buck is having "an existential crisis." I am glad that he went in that direction.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

9-1-1 is FOX's highest scripted drama in the key demo so the show was never in danger of being cancelled. The showrunner said in an interview posted on the media thread that he just wanted to end the season on a hopeful note even though Buck is having "an existential crisis." I am glad that he went in that direction.

"Never" isn't a term I'd use when it comes to Fox, but it's good to know they have faith in the show.  Thanks! It's so rare to have happy endings in drama, especially drama that so often involves life and death, that it really felt like a wrap up. I'm glad it wasn't!

• Love 6

Since the finale ended on such a positive note, I predict a lot of drama and angst for next season.

Yeah, you can call me Debbie Downer.  I don't mind. 😢

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

They were in a different truck. They were leading, with Buck in another truck following. I initially thought Eddie was in the same truck with Buck, but I guess not.

Ok. I somehow missed that.  My first thought when the bomb went off and the truck crashed was "Man, Chimney can't catch a break". 

• Love 4

It is just amazing to me how many of the LEO/fire department  based dramas like this one always have vendettas from prior cases they were involved with coming back to get even.  I wonder how often that happens in real life?

The wedding dress was not a flattering silhouette-especially when she turned sideways and she had more back fat hovering over her support garment in the back than her breast line in the front.  Angela Bassett is a beautiful woman, but that dress did nothing for her.

• Love 1

I would have liked to see the firehouse celebrate with Athena and Bobby - I know Hen would have liked to be there since she's close with them both. (I knew they wouldn't have a traditional wedding, but I thought they'd end up getting married in the firehouse - Hen gets quickie-ordained on the internet and does it.) Maybe they'll do a party with their friends later.

I completely forgot about Buck's girlfriend. I was like "Who is that?" And I assumed they were moving in together when they looked at that apartment because it seemed like it would be out of his price range alone.

18 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yeah. My best friend works 100% remotely and has two kids, and she's required to submit proof of child care every year - she is not allowed to use remote work as a substitute and if she does and is caught, it's grounds for immediate termination. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

We are already renewed for another season, which I am super happy about! So while this could easily be a series finale, I am glad that we are going to have more, especially with finding out what happens with Buck. 

Loved the episode, and I did not guess at all who the bomber really was. I thought it was some kind of anti government anarchist type at first going after people he sees as tools of the system or whatever, but it being the kid of the guy who burned his place down was a much better idea. While I felt bad for the mom, she sure was blaming everyone except her husband, who was the one trying to commit insurance fraud. Maybe that attitude led to her son going all mad bomber? 

Poor Buck, that was really hard to watch, especially when he was crying out in pain stuck under the truck and Maddie was watching on TV crying. Really good acting from everyone involved, I really felt his pain and his attempts to stray calm even as he got more and more scared. God, if its not one thing with Maddie its another! First the whole thing with her ex, and then her brother is badly injured and almost murdered by some crazy bomber he has never even heard of. I hope that he can get back to work, but also that he does not go in too early and hurt himself even more. I guess most everyone else has almost died on the job, now it was Bucks turn. The civilians all running up to help worked way better as a heartwarming moment than last weeks Maddie reunion last week, it felt much more organic. 

At least Maddie and Chim got together! Glad that things worked out with them, they were so sweet together at Eddies ceremony. They both really deserve some happiness after everything that has happened. 

The cases this week were fun, and it was great seeing Charisma Carpenter as the wife number four of the stunt car driver, and I loved all the comments online about how hot Buck and Eddie are, and how they should totally be a couple! That was hilarious, and yeah, big mood internet commentators! Both those cases were nasty though, scalping AND bugs under your skin! Nasty! 

Eddies family are still clearly not fans of the ex wife, even after her death. Dead was NOT mincing words about what he thought about her! "yeah yeah its so sad she died before she could ditch her family again."

Athena and Bobby get married! I wanted a few more people around, but they probably have a barbecue or something afterwards, that seems like something they would like.

I am really going to miss this show over break, hopefully its not a super long one. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Poor Buck, that was really hard to watch, especially when he was crying out in pain stuck under the truck and Maddie was watching on TV crying.

Maddie made me cry.  JLH did a great job and so did the actor playing Buck.  I'm happy Maddie and Chimney will give it a go.

22 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I do wonder if the fact that Eddie's parents are from El Paso means he might make the switch to the spinoff when the time comes.

I had no idea there was even going to be a spinoff! 

10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

In my head Angela won.

Ditto.  I didn't like Athena's dress because the black straps were too distracting.  It looked like her bra peeking out.  I strongly dislike Bobby but Athena and the kids seem happy so there's that.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I liked how everyone else did end on a good note. Maddie/Chimney decided to try a relationship, which is great. They both deserve it.

Maybe it is because I am old and weary, but I really appreciate having some happiness now and then in media I watch.  Not everything has to be 100% dreary.  It was sweet to see some of these characters who constantly get put through the ringer end the season with a little joy.  Poor Buck, though....

23 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Awwww, Bobby and Athena got married! Angela Bassett in that dress! She is so beautiful. I swear, that woman barely ages.

During the wedding I kept thinking what a monumentally attractive middle aged (is there a less loaded term for people in there 40s?) couple these two are.  Peter Kraus' evolution from young hot guy on SFU (I think they used to call him trapezoid butt on MBTV/TWOP? RIP TWOP) to "Daddy" makes me feel old, though. 

Nice gross-out quotient this episode, too. 

All in all this was a really enjoyable  season, I think the last half was better than the first. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I love Charisma but the hair color was doing her no favors, IMO. I felt like that was what really aged her.  I remember reading that she was supposed to be on an earlier episode, but the episode was nailed by Standards and Practices so they had to cut her role. Tim Minear loved her on Angel, so I'm not surprised that he was itching to get her to guest star. If Boreanaz wasn't already booked, I could see him getting the spin-off series instead of Lowe.

The episode was ok, but I am in agreement that Athena's wedding dress was tacky and unfitting. How the wardrobe department  managed to do that to Angela Bassett is shocking as she basically looks good in almost anything.

I rolled my eyes at the bystanders helping with the truck. I'm just not for the corniness. All those cops and SWAT team around and they couldn't help? And how long before someone claims they broke or sprained something trying to help lift the truck? I have zero faith in humanity.

Maddie and Chim were cute though as well as Christopher and Eddie (as always). See y'all in the fall!

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 4
On 5/13/2019 at 6:03 PM, starri said:

If Hen and Karen decide to have another baby, we're all pretty sure they'll ask Chim to be the father, right?

That would be one cute baby.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, elle said:

This confused me as well. It would make sense for Chim to be on the engine as acting captain.  Would Hen have been in the EMT vehicle? There are two trucks, one engine one ladder, how would the kid know which one the captain would be on?  How was he able to plant the bomb on the truck?  What about the other firefighters in the truck, there were no other serious injuries besides Buck?  And what about the call they were out on, was another station dispatched?  So many questions.

This bugged me to no end. There was at least one, maybe two, other firefighters on the truck, and they were splayed out on the ground like they were dead - but no one seemed to pay attention to them. I kept expecting some comment - either that they were dead, or that they were better off than Buck.

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode, and while Angela's dress didn't much appeal to me, she looks amazing - she's only three years younger than me, and looks more like 30 years younger.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 9:26 PM, starri said:

Paula Marshall.  She's been a guest star on just about every show.

She’s married to Danny Nucci, who plays the detective.  I haven’t compared their IMDBs but it seems like one of them pops up in whatever the other one is filming. 

I don’t think that was Athena’s bra. I think the dress was supposed to look like that, although I didn’t like it. 

Edited by Tdoc72
On ‎05‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, Regalbegal said:

During the wedding I kept thinking what a monumentally attractive middle aged (is there a less loaded term for people in there 40s?) couple these two are.  Peter Kraus' evolution from young hot guy on SFU (I think they used to call him trapezoid butt on MBTV/TWOP? RIP TWOP) to "Daddy" makes me feel old, though. 

50's, you mean.

I like Peter K and found him hot as hell on SFU, until Nate turned into such a monumental douche, but I haven't always found the hot factor with him on this show. Bad haircut, maybe. but when he strode into the bomb scene up to the bomb-kid, arms out, like 'here I am, what are you gonna do about it?'...I was like, whew, daddy. ::fanning self::

I liked Athena's dress, black straps and all. Weird opinion, tho: I think Angela Bassett is spectacular looking, and her body is insane, and she looks 20 years younger than she actually is and might be an actual vampire...but I rarely find her sexy. In fact, only when she has her long braids/dreads ala American Horror Story does she seem sexy to me. I have weird hair issues, maybe.

Paula Marshall looks good. I didn't know she was married to Danny Nucci.

I hate cheesy manufactured moments designed to make us cry, but damned if I didn't when the crowd surged forward to help lift the truck off Buck.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

I liked Athena's dress, black straps and all. Weird opinion, tho: I think Angela Bassett is spectacular looking, and her body is insane, and she looks 20 years younger than she actually is and might be an actual vampire...but I rarely find her sexy. In fact, only when she has her long braids/dreads ala American Horror Story does she seem sexy to me. I have weird hair issues, maybe.

I liked it too.  And I understand what you mean by not thinking she is sexy.  I mean, she is HOT, but she doesn't exude sexiness.  Except once... in Strange Days the Kathryn Bigelow movie starring her and Ralph Fiennes.  She was a total bad-ass named Mace (she had long braids in that one too!)   and she was super hot and super sexy and you just wanted her and Ralph to shag each other to death.  But he was too stupid to see what was in front of his face because he was obsessed by Juliette Lewis' terrible character.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:21 AM, AgentRXS said:

I love Charisma but the hair color was doing her no favors, IMO. I felt like that was what really aged her. 

I did not recognize her at all!  But then again her tv husband was so distracting.  I swear he looked like a human version of The Cowardly Lion.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5