Type keyword(s) to search

[Resolved] Show keeps disappearing from my CHP

I thought at first I had accidentally unfollowed the topic, but it's happened twice now.

I have NCIS: Los Angeles set to follow, but not receive notifications. But after every time I've posted in the thread today, it disappears from my CHP, and I have to go back to the index and select it again.

Google Chrome/ Windows 10/PC.

And it's only happening for that show.

Weird. I signed in as you and tried a few different ways to recreate the show disappearing from your CHP but was unable to reproduce that outcome. All I can advise is perhaps it was a glitch but please let me know if it happens again.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I've merged the topics and re-opened.

Have you already added the show topic back again?

Yes. I'll go ahead and post another comment, and not re-add the show to the CHP. Maybe that will help you reproduce?

I logged in as you and tested different stuff. Looking at your Followed Content you have immediate notification set for almost all and 2 or 3 are follow without notifications, NCIS LA being one of the latter. I tested on that and another one of your follow w/o notifications topics; the topic disappears from your CHP if the 'Notify me of replies' toggle is clicked to off in the reply box. Please test it by posting and leaving that on - as your Followed Content for that topic is set to no notifications in your Followed Content settings it shouldn't affect anything else. 

I appreciate it's a little confusing but basically toggling 'Notify me of replies' to off in a topic you already follow removes the topic from your Followed Content entirely, which in turn, removes it from your CHP.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I appreciate it's a little confusing but basically toggling 'Notify me of replies' to off in a topic you already follow removes the topic from your Followed Content entirely, which in turn, removes it from your CHP.

I'm not the OP, but this stood out to me. 

Off is the default position for "notify me of replies" when I pull up a reply box, and I never change it to On (and all my forum/topic follows are set to just follow, no notification), so all of my replies are submitted with "notify me of replies" set to Off, and I've never had a topic disappear from my CHP after replying in it.

40 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I logged in as you and tested different stuff. Looking at your Followed Content you have immediate notification set for almost all and 2 or 3 are follow without notifications, NCIS LA being one of the latter. I tested on that and another one of your follow w/o notifications topics; the topic disappears from your CHP if the 'Notify me of replies' toggle is clicked to off in the reply box. Please test it by posting and leaving that on - as your Followed Content for that topic is set to no notifications in your Followed Content settings it shouldn't affect anything else. 

Got it. I'll choose the "notify me of replies" and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I'm not the OP, but this stood out to me. 

Off is the default position for "notify me of replies" when I pull up a reply box, and I never change it to On (and all my forum/topic follows are set to just follow, no notification), so all of my replies are submitted with "notify me of replies" set to Off, and I've never had a topic disappear from my CHP after replying in it.

BIB^ That's why it's preset to off for you. 😉 

55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That did the trick!

Also, my notifications for this thread states that @Bastet also replied, but I don't see her post?

All posts in this area require approval before they can be viewed by users.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

BIB^ That's why it's preset to off for you. 😉 

Okay, since the thread in question was one of the few that was also set that way (follow without notifications) for her, I just wanted to add some data for troubleshooting.

6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Okay, since the thread in question was one of the few that was also set that way (follow without notifications) for her, I just wanted to add some data for troubleshooting.

Appreciated. It seems to only affect it if there's a mixture of notification preferences, as yours are all the same it's more simplified.