Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The Further Adventures

3 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I  was hoping the Captain's daughter would be the one to get shot (because she's a lousy police officer) and would confess on her deathbed, thereby allowing Sherlock and Joan to return to NY and eliminating a really stupid plotline.

Don't like the hair either. Brassy is generally what happens because black hair is notoriously difficult to bring up to blonde.

Now I'm wondering if the Captain was shot by his daughter because he went to her and told her he was going to tell the truth. 😳

• Useful 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

You're welcome, but now I have to ask: Isn't Clyde a much larger tortoise? Might this not be a much smaller, distant cousin turtle?

Bonnie is Clyde's stand-in.* She might be a little smaller and maybe Clyde wasn't available. He could have been on his book tour. 

* Mentioned by someone in his thread.

Edited by Loandbehold
Forgot which thread I was in.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Token said:

Zzzzz.…. there's a reason I don't watch British cop shows.  They're so boring!  I don't know if it's the actors or what, but they're just so dull.  And this was dull.  I hope it picks up.

I've been binge watching lots of British detective shows on Acorn and Britbox so having Elementary set in London was right up my alley - plus I actually recognized the actors (unlike my experience with most of the British shows). I enjoyed seeing Holmes and Watson dealing with the British system and liked seeing Saffron Burrows show up. Have never seen the British DI before but she was excellent. Also loved seeing Kitty again (and I was not a fan when she was here previously). 

Looking forward to seeing how TPTB untangle the Hannah/Capt. Gregson situation. I will miss this show. 

• Love 2
On 5/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, iMonrey said:

Love Tamsin Greig. I was a big fan of Episodes.

Ditto for me.  I was so happy to see her name in the credits.  Hoping this isn't the last we'll see of her this season. 

• Love 1
On 5/24/2019 at 8:08 PM, mojoween said:

What happened to Sherlock’s bees?

Maybe his neighbor Richard Kind is looking after them? (The episode with him was just on)

21 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Just started the episode. Did they retcon the baby from last season/(tentative) series finale

I thought Joan had not finished the adoption process when the whole mess started last season.  Or are you referring to Kitty's son Archie?

19 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Even with the odd looking suits he wears Johny Lee Miller is incredible hot. Have thought so ever since “Hackers”.

Speaking of blonde hair! The hard part of watching that movie for me is to hear JLM speak with an American accent.  It is not bad, it just feels wrong after watching him for years as Sherlock.

I rewatched the episode with my husband. He enjoyed it and plans to watch with me this week because of the cliffhanger.  This was not a good episode, though, to start someone on.  I kept pausing the show to explain various back stories.  Still it was fun to introduce the show to him.

I paid closer attention to Marcus' hair this time, but found I was distracted by Gregson's hair. He had a height thing going too.

Did anyone else notice the little girl in the opening park scene? I think she kept looking back at the camera.

• Love 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, elle said:

I thought Joan had not finished the adoption process when the whole mess started last season.  Or are you referring to Kitty's son Archie?

My memory is fuzzy I thought the season finale ended with Sherlock/Watson in London and she was pushing a baby carriage? I thought that meant she had adopted the baby already.

ETA: my memory was really fuzzy. I just watched the final scene on YouTube and there waa no baby just the 2 of them off to Scotland Yard.

Edited by Morrigan2575
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

My memory is fuzzy I thought the season finale ended with Sherlock/Watson in London and she was pushing a baby carriage? I thought that meant she had adopted the baby already.

ETA: my memory was really fuzzy. I just watched the final scene on YouTube and there waa no baby just the 2 of them off to Scotland Yard.

Funny-that’s exactly how I remember the ending too! 😆

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Not as fuzzy as you thought 🙂 As others have noted there were photos of Joan with a baby carriage.  From the S6 finale thread:

On 9/17/2018 at 9:42 PM, Makenna said:

Also, they definitely either filmed multiple endings or re shot the finale because I came across an article months ago that had filming pics from the finale and Joan clearly had a baby stroller in those pictures. Liu and Miller with the baby stroller

Ignore the commentary about the characters getting together and just focus on the picture.

I kept expecting Joan to come out with a baby stroller or for her to mention the nanny was watching the baby or something and it never happened. I'm kind of disappointed we won't see a kid running around and now that whole adoption storyline feels like a total waste of time. 

6 hours ago, possibilities said:

RE Clyde looking different: Maybe Clyde is shacking up with Marcus, and Sherlock adopted a new tortoise.

I guess "shacking up" means something different now than it did in the 70s.

• LOL 9
23 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I guess "shacking up" means something different now than it did in the 70s.

As far as I know, it means the same thing, at least to me (I'm 28)

I sure hope Marcus isn't doing unspeakable things to Clyde, unless he became a snapping turtle and Marcus is into that kinda thing...

• LOL 1

Can someone please remind me ... IIRC, Sherlock went to England and then confessed to the murder, right?  Why was he not extradited?  Why did Watson go to England?

6 minutes ago, Driad said:

Can someone please remind me ... IIRC, Sherlock went to England and then confessed to the murder, right?  Why was he not extradited?  Why did Watson go to England?

Actually, he sent a proxy from the British Consulate -- even produced the murder weapon -- and then left for England. He called in a favor from MI6 (I think), and they claimed that when he killed Roland, he was acting in service of the Queen. The Brits, then, refused to extradite him, and the US barred him from returning.

It's implied that Sherlock asked Joan to join him at some point. They didn't really go into detail.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Am I being weird, I just noticed in the episode there is a calendar on the wall of selfies.

First April has 35 days and ends on the last day on the wall, the next month starts two days in and ends one day from the end, and June starts two days in and ends one from the end.

So they seem wrong.